View Full Version : espn uk

steven.hughes32
07-20-2009, 03:44 PM
will espn be showing any fights in the uk hopefully they will take over from setanta and sign a deal with top rank or someone like that

Savino
07-20-2009, 03:58 PM
nothing has been annouced about Boxing but they are expected to sign up the UFC and few other sports.

The RealDeal
07-20-2009, 04:02 PM
They seem to be way too quiet since buying some Football rights, this makes me think they aint buying ****.

The last official news was they are doing a deal with Sky, no mention of Virgin or Freeview so it sounds **** already.

DavidHaye
07-20-2009, 04:03 PM
**** the UFC, not all of us like watching men grope each other on the ground.

They better sign up ALOT of boxing, because i aint paying almost 10 a month for pansy football players alone. I aint interested in ****ty yank sports or UFC.

Pull eh finger out of your arse ESPN. I want boxing.:boxing::boxing:

The RealDeal
07-20-2009, 04:08 PM

They better sign up ALOT of boxing, because i aint paying almost 10 a month for pansy football players alone. I aint interested in ****ty yank sports or UFC.

Why are they so quiet since bursting on the scene with football ?

Considering they are big on Boxing in the US why did they go quiet here after buying Setanta football rights ?

Everyone knows Setanta left a void for Boxing being brought to the UK audience.

What they up to ???

Cunts !

Rocky...
07-20-2009, 04:21 PM
They better get some boxing, i honestly couldent give a fcuk about english football matchs.

Lucky Charms
07-20-2009, 09:53 PM
Maybe they can pick up the entire Super Six, or did somebody pick that up already?

They'll probably show all the Friday Night Fights, and a lot of Classic Fights like they do in the US.

S.G.
07-20-2009, 10:15 PM
Maybe they can pick up the entire Super Six, or did somebody pick that up already?

Sky I think

Pretty Boy1
07-20-2009, 10:57 PM

Do you pay for ESPN? I get it on Sky for free. It's the ESPN America channel? All they seem to show on that just now is baseball every time I turn over!!

AndyShitHot
07-21-2009, 04:51 AM
Do you pay for ESPN? I get it on Sky for free. It's the ESPN America channel? All they seem to show on that just now is baseball every time I turn over!!

Yeah ESPN America is an awful channel, does seem to be nothing but baseball. Is wierd that we haven't really heard any more about this since they bought the football rights and the new season is just a couple of weeks away now so they better pull their finger out.

When I was in South America ESPN there showed pretty much nothing but football so have a feeling we might get the same kind of thing, they have so many football rights now that they could just show games (live and repeats) 24/7, the only boxing they showed was ESPN Friday Night Fights, a few fights were live, I saw the Sam Peter vs Eddie Chambers card live but some were shown a couple of hours later than they would have been on in the US. To be honest I can't see us getting much more than that but you never know, Boxing is a lot smaller over there than it is here.

The_Visitation
07-21-2009, 04:56 AM
will espn be showing any fights in the uk hopefully they will take over from setanta and sign a deal with top rank or someone like that

They don't seem to have shown any interest in anything except the Premier League, although I guess they'll have to fill the schedule with something. UFC is an obvious choice as it has a decent fan base, wouldn't be available anywhere else and, presumably, is available via a simple, single contract. I expect some boxing, but none of the big stuff which will either be Sky PPV or, in the absence of a British fighter or a real mega-fight, will be left nowhere.

DavidHaye
07-21-2009, 07:38 AM
The US broadcaster ESPN has announced plans to launch a new UK sports channel, called ESPN, on 3 August.

The channel will show 46 live Barclays Premier League football games, which were to have been shown by Setanta until its recent financial problems.

The channel will also show some of the US sports to which ESPN owns rights.

ESPN has reached an initial deal to have the channel shown on Sky, but it is in talks with all UK pay-TV platforms about carrying the service.

Sky will also be responsible for selling advertising on the new channel.

ESPN owns the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League games in the 2009/10 season and 23 matches for each of the following three seasons.

Sky's residential customers will have to pay a premium of 9 a month for the new channel if they already pay for Sky Sports or 12 a month if they do not.

Special K
07-21-2009, 09:59 AM
They need something bigger than football to get me to cough up for a subscription. Boxing and UFC would go some way.

`STEELHEAD
07-21-2009, 10:17 AM
man, find out if espn UK has the espn360 feature streaming live fnf and other fights.
even on there site here in states they sort of hide that 360 feature.
tv quality streams.

The RealDeal
07-21-2009, 02:20 PM
So far ESPN UK is still only confirmed for Football, no one is buying it for that plus some US Sports we don't watch.

They need to get their finger our their arses.

AndyShitHot
07-26-2009, 09:19 PM
The US broadcaster ESPN has announced plans to launch a new UK sports channel, called ESPN, on 3 August.

The channel will show 46 live Barclays Premier League football games, which were to have been shown by Setanta until its recent financial problems.

The channel will also show some of the US sports to which ESPN owns rights.

ESPN has reached an initial deal to have the channel shown on Sky, but it is in talks with all UK pay-TV platforms about carrying the service.

Sky will also be responsible for selling advertising on the new channel.

ESPN owns the rights to broadcast 46 live Premier League games in the 2009/10 season and 23 matches for each of the following three seasons.

Sky's residential customers will have to pay a premium of 9 a month for the new channel if they already pay for Sky Sports or 12 a month if they do not.

A lot of people were hoping for ESPN uk to be a lot like Setanta but thats not gonna happen, I can see ESPN just turning into a 24/7 football channel with football from all around the world (Half of which we aren't interested in, but hey they already own the rights). The only boxing we'll see is maybe the Friday Night Fights shows from the US, they aren't gonna invest in extra Showtime/HBO shows just for the UK audience, not gonna happen. From now on I can see us having to purchase a lot of PPV boxing

D-MiZe
07-27-2009, 12:02 AM
Even more reason to get off Virgin Media...

:la: