View Full Version : andy lee< james degale

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 08:26 AM
im just putting this up to see what everybody in the forum thinks about this.. i promise to never mention andy lee again if im proven wrong in the poll...

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 08:28 AM
This should be no competition at all.

:afro:

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 08:31 AM
This should be no competition at all.

:afro:
bring it on *****! i hope people are going to look back at all fights and not bring race or nationallty into this!

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Nah, it'll be because people have seen more of DeGale than Lee.

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 08:39 AM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2bPJQcDyu0&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/E2bPJQcDyu0&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object> id like to see degale pull that move off! ha!

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 08:55 AM
2 - 1 to DeGale!

:lol1:

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 08:58 AM
2 - 1 to DeGale!

:lol1:
ill give it until next week...

gingeralbino
07-19-2009, 09:14 AM
I dont think either will win one tbh
andy lee isnt as bad as he's made out to be. But he isnt a world beater either.
de gale is ok but nothing special.
But de gale has a much better chance of getting an easy way to a world title shot with Warren behind him.

Should have made it de gale or sutherland. Daz has a better chance than both of them 2 put together of being world champion.

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 09:19 AM
I dont think either will win one tbh
andy lee isnt as bad as he's made out to be. But he isnt a world beater either.
de gale is ok but nothing special.
But de gale has a much better chance of getting an easy way to a world title shot with Warren behind him.

Should have made it de gale or sutherland. Daz has a better chance than both of them 2 put together of being world champion.
na what i should of said was which one is more talented and suited for the pro game because everbody knows its a world of a difference...

Rocky...
07-19-2009, 12:19 PM
None of them will be world champion espcially if they come up against the scottish lads in craig mcewan and kenny anderson :cool:

Gorgeous George
07-20-2009, 12:56 AM
None of them will be world champion espcially if they come up against the scottish lads in craig mcewan and kenny anderson :cool:
gtfoh rocky..!

Gorgeous George
07-20-2009, 12:57 PM
10 for degale and 5 for andy lee, better then i thought it would be....

D-MiZe
07-20-2009, 12:58 PM
10 for degale and 5 for andy lee, better then i thought it would be....

Obviously all the Irish voted Lee.

BetterCallSaul
07-20-2009, 01:03 PM
Andy Lee is a fraud.

gingeralbino
07-20-2009, 02:47 PM
not even i voted for andy lee.

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 07:19 AM
not even i voted for andy lee.
nobody cares what you think. 14-6 to degale not that bad..

Patty Tanager
07-21-2009, 08:22 AM
I take it you meant to put Andy Lee > James Degale?.

:owned:

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 08:26 AM
I take it you meant to put Andy Lee > James Degale?.

:owned:
70-30 isnt bad since there is more english boxing fans on here...

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 10:38 AM
come on lads lets have your votes! whos going to get their world title 1st andy or james??

MOTHER DUCKER
07-21-2009, 11:13 AM
Andy lee wont even get one..

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 11:18 AM
Andy lee wont even get one..
are you english? like 70% who posted in here?

Sparked_1985
07-21-2009, 12:11 PM
Andy Lee is far too upright, he fights like a pugilist from the early eighteenth century, it's interesting to watch but someone (a good fighter) is bound to absolutely whomp him if they have good handspeed and can fight on the inside. I'd say Lee gassed against Vera and it was a dubious stoppage but Vera was taking over because he was getting in on the inside. Lee has looked a bit ****e since, awful against his sparring partner from the Kronk. He needs a confidence builder, he should wreck Duddy.

I'm not entirely sure Lee would beat Matt Macklin.

It's too early to judge DeGale at pro-level, but he does have a sound defence and I like the way he tucks his elbows in. Andy Lee puts his chin on a plate in a fashion I can't think of anyone who does the same, he's going to knocked out properly soon unless he changes that.

MOTHER DUCKER
07-21-2009, 02:19 PM
are you english? like 70% who posted in here?

No im Irish too! we just fail when it comes to creating good boxers :lol1:

mrswong
07-21-2009, 05:55 PM
both are great prospects, regardless it would be a great fight this is what i love about boxing

mrswong
07-21-2009, 05:58 PM
although i believe andy lee has what it take to dismantle the armour of degale

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 10:24 PM
No im Irish too! we just fail when it comes to creating good boxers :lol1:
you aint irish mate nobody from ireland would type such nonsense!

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 10:28 PM
Andy Lee is far too upright, he fights like a pugilist from the early eighteenth century, it's interesting to watch but someone (a good fighter) is bound to absolutely whomp him if they have good handspeed and can fight on the inside. I'd say Lee gassed against Vera and it was a dubious stoppage but Vera was taking over because he was getting in on the inside. Lee has looked a bit ****e since, awful against his sparring partner from the Kronk. He needs a confidence builder, he should wreck Duddy.

I'm not entirely sure Lee would beat Matt Macklin.

It's too early to judge DeGale at pro-level, but he does have a sound defence and I like the way he tucks his elbows in. Andy Lee puts his chin on a plate in a fashion I can't think of anyone who does the same, he's going to knocked out properly soon unless he changes that.
he beat willie gibbs around the ring straight after vera, id rank willie ahead of vera! andys fighting style is down to steward all his past fighters fought the same...

Junior G
07-21-2009, 11:20 PM
DeGale is the much better fighter

Gorgeous George
07-21-2009, 11:30 PM
DeGale is the much better fighter
degale- ward same fighter styles, we will see how ward handles himself in the tournament.

lettdragon
07-22-2009, 01:29 AM

im with you i think lee would win.im sure stewart has worked on his endurance, not 2 say he wouldnt ko him anyway.:boxing:

Gorgeous George
07-22-2009, 04:27 AM
im with you i think lee would win.im sure stewart has worked on his endurance, not 2 say he wouldnt ko him anyway.:boxing:
i hope you voted im finished with it by sunday lads!

Patty Tanager
07-22-2009, 08:02 AM
I voted Lee by the way.

The Surgeon
07-22-2009, 01:38 PM
ndy Lee isnt a very good fighter and never will be, he aint bad but he's just not That Good! Chunky has the potentiol to be an Excellent fighter

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 02:39 AM
its lees inside fighting and lack of tieing up skills + his poor defence that needs work these things can be fixed. with degale i see nonthing but slick movement thats it! no power no defence nothing else to me shows that degale is going to mix it with the top guys... i know he wont.

D-MiZe
07-23-2009, 02:40 AM
You do realise DeGale is deliberately fighting with little defense just to please the crowd?

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 02:44 AM
You do realise DeGale is deliberately fighting with little defense just to please the crowd?
you do know that andy lee lost to vera trying to ko him to please the crowd on his espn debut?

D-MiZe
07-23-2009, 02:47 AM
you do know that andy lee lost to vera trying to ko him to please the crowd on his espn debut?

But he didn't, Lee's just ****.

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 02:52 AM
But he didn't, Lee's just ****.
60-40 , we are going to have to put down 20% to rascist english men who can see past the union jack, so its more like 50-50 so i can keep talking about andy lee winning a title.. just to piss you off..

theghost#1
07-23-2009, 02:56 AM
I picked Andy Lee, mostly because I've seen more of him than Degale. I don't know why people hate on him so much. He has one lose that was controversial btw. I think he has what it takes plus having Stewart training him will help although I think Steward is a little overrated from all aspects of the sport, But still a good trainer.

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 03:24 AM
I picked Andy Lee, mostly because I've seen more of him than Degale. I don't know why people hate on him so much. He has one lose that was controversial btw. I think he has what it takes plus having Stewart training him will help although I think Steward is a little overrated from all aspects of the sport, But still a good trainer.
nobody hates him only the english just because he turned them down to fight for the republic of ireland in the olympics.

D-MiZe
07-23-2009, 05:04 AM
60-40 , we are going to have to put down 20% to rascist english men who can see past the union jack, so its more like 50-50 so i can keep talking about andy lee winning a title.. just to piss you off..

I feel sorry for you Irish that think because I'm British I have something against you. Nationality doesn't make a boxer better, if Andy Lee was British I'd call him **** as well.

D-MiZe
07-23-2009, 05:05 AM
nobody hates him only the english just because he turned them down to fight for the republic of ireland in the olympics.

Sig worthy.

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 06:24 AM
Sig worthy.
well the stats show 11 out of 29 think andy is better all round boxer then degale.. there is only like 4 irish people including me on this boxing forum... a stat i would love to know is how many english people are registerd here?

Sparked_1985
07-23-2009, 07:39 AM

Never heard about that.

How could Lee even represent Britain? dude, is from Limerick isn't he?

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 08:16 AM
Never heard about that.

How could Lee even represent Britain? dude, is from Limerick isn't he?
he was born in london england and moved to ireland when he was 10, he said on a tv show on the run up the 2004 olympics, he said england were chasing him to join the english squad and even offered he a better deal if he won a medal for them..

Sparked_1985
07-23-2009, 08:35 AM
he was born in london england and moved to ireland when he was 10, he said on a tv show on the run up the 2004 olympics, he said england were chasing him to join the english squad and even offered he a better deal if he won a medal for them..

wow, never knew all that.

Maybe I'll like him more now, lol.

Fair play to him for that. But I'm assuming, his parents are Irish, do people relocate from London to Limerick? no offence to Limerick, but there are nicer cities.

Marketing-wise, being Irish pays big-bucks in America. Matt Macklin and Jamie Moore always alert people to their Irish roots, it creates a fan-base and wider interest. There is a certain nostalgia for Irish prizefighters especially among the 45th Generation yanks from New York with surnames like McCool.

Gorgeous George
07-23-2009, 08:42 AM
wow, never knew all that.

Maybe I'll like him more now, lol.

Fair play to him for that. But I'm assuming, his parents are Irish, do people relocate from London to Limerick? no offence to Limerick, but there are nicer cities.

Marketing-wise, being Irish pays big-bucks in America. Matt Macklin and Jamie Moore always alert people to their Irish roots, it creates a fan-base and wider interest. There is a certain nostalgia for Irish prizefighters especially among the 45th Generation yanks from New York with surnames like McCool.
matt macklin and jaime moore are english they have english blood flowing through there vains, lees parents are both from limerick who moved to london in the 80s and moved back home in the early 90s lee started boxing aged 9 in limerick ireland then eventually got a call up for irish team and trained in dublin you know the rest.. yea limerick is horrible place at the moment but its miles ahead of london. what i mean is id rather grow up in limerick than london...