View Full Version : [PLEASE HELP] UFC Undisputed!

Ryn0
07-18-2009, 08:51 PM
Anyone got this? I bought it, cause of the good reviews and the demo was pretty good. From my experience it's so much worse than FNR4, the exhibition matches are good. The Classic fights can be ok.

But the career mode is awful just awful. I mean It doesn't teach you how to play, I ran through the tutorial atleast 3 times(all of the tutorial) and still get owned in career against certain fighters. Against Muay Thai fighters, they clinch and knee me till I get KO'd even when I counter and take them down they just revese and mount me, against BJJ/sub fighters they take me down even though my takedown defence is pretty high.

Standing up I always win but I had to teach myself how to do a full mount on the game as it doesn't teach that. The moves list is useless as well cause it's all MMA terms I don't understand.

I went online and some guy ran at me got me in a clinch so I tried to counter his punches and take him down but he stopped it to the point where he spammed uppercuts till I got KO'd.

I'm rubbish, and the game's tutorial doesn't help in the slightest. Any help would be really appreciated.

AND THIS IS ALL ON BLOODY BEGINNER! Atleast if your retarded in FNR4 there an easy mode (not that I needed it, I beat Ali and Tyson on GOAT)

TheNegation
07-18-2009, 08:59 PM
What do you need to know?

Ryn0
07-19-2009, 08:47 AM
How to fight in a clinch
How to stop someone from transitioning out of a mount
How to stop a Muay Thai clinch from happening in the first place

TheNegation
07-19-2009, 12:35 PM
How to fight in a clinch

There are three kinds of clinches in this game.

The Grapple Clinch- This is done by flicking the right stick towards your opponent. Once you have the clinch. You can Either

-Transition to a double-leg takedown by holding the left trigger and moving the right stick forward

-You can throw strikes like knees and elbows but they do virtually no damage

-Or depending on wether your fighters skill is Judo, BJJ or Wrestling. You can either Pull Gaurd (BJJ), Get Slams or Lateral Drops (Wrestling) or Get Trip Takedown and Judo Throws (Judo)

This is done by holding the RB while you have the clinch and flicking the right thumbstick in the respective direction. Different directions do different maneuvers

The Thai Clinch- To get the Thai Clinch Your fighter has to be Muay Thai fighter (Florian, Alves, Anderson, Wanderlei etc)

-To get the Thai Clinch, hold RB and move the right stick toward your opponent. Once you get it you can throw non-power shots by pressing the B or A buttons.

-To throw heavy knees to the body and face which do real damage, while you have them in the thai clinch, flick the right stick in any direction and press the A or B button. This will allow you to throw knees to the face.

To throw them to the body do the exact same thing, only this time hold the left trigger button while doing it.

The Single Collar Clinch- This is reserved for Boxers and Kickboxers. To get it, use the same procedure as getting the Thai Clinch once you get it.

-You can throw knees and punches by pressing the face buttons
-Or hold the RB and press the Y button which will deliver hard uppercuts to the face.

How to stop someone from transitioning out of a mount

Blocking transitions is simply a matter of timing and holding the right analog stick in any direction when your opponent attempts to transition. This will block the transition and you will remain in that spot and in the process it will drain their stamina.

How to stop a Muay Thai clinch from happening in the first place

Simple here is to just avoid it. When your opponent goes for the clinch you can usually tell because they reach forward with both arms.

If you are in it. Mash the face buttons and they should let go. If they throw knees just use the block buttons.

Or you if you can time their knees, by flicking the right analog stick at the right time you can catch their knee and take them down.

I hope this helps

TheNegation
07-19-2009, 12:57 PM
Also be aware that if you go to the tutorial section on the menu, they have a practice room where you can work on your technique against an opponent of your choosing.

Ryn0
07-19-2009, 05:23 PM
That helped alot, I'm fighting Kenny Florian and I just can't escape his knees which is why I was getting frustrated. It's a pretty good game in all honesty but I'd lose to a Muay Thai/BJJ guy everytime in Career mode.

And When I got the full mount they'd pull my head down so I couldn't do any damage for more than a few hammerfists and transition out of it straight away....

Got annoying as hell

TheNegation
07-19-2009, 05:37 PM
That helped alot, I'm fighting Kenny Florian and I just can't escape his knees which is why I was getting frustrated. It's a pretty good game in all honesty but I'd lose to a Muay Thai/BJJ guy everytime in Career mode.

I've found Florian to be a lot harder than BJ Penn on the higher difficulties which was strange.

For Muay Thai fighters, I find it better to either take them down when they get too aggressive or just stay on the outside and use kicks and jabs.

Another thing you can do is the left thimbstick which you use for moving your fighter around, if you flick the stick forward or backward it makes your character do sort of a dash and makes you move in and out of range very quickly and if you throw a punch at the same time you can usually rock them.

And When I got the full mount they'd pull my head down so I couldn't do any damage for more than a few hammerfists and transition out of it straight away....

This can be extremely annoying, I know. Usually you won't have that problem on beginner difficulty. On beginner if you get mount and full posture you can basically go to town with punches then when they get rocked they'll give you their back and then you can choke them or transition back to full mount and land more punches.

Kobe Bryant
07-19-2009, 07:21 PM
I'd like to know how to do the full mount. Everyone does it against me put I can't do it.

CiganoBoxer
07-19-2009, 07:28 PM
UFC Undisputed is one of the worst games i have played ...theres! no rhythm to the striking ....theres no footwork what so ever...no upper body movement ether ....its near impossible to fight long range....its ether punch 4 punch or nothing !
The game is bollocks !

Uturn
07-19-2009, 07:51 PM
I have a few questions:

Once in the full mount posistion my opponent just holds my head and stops me from posturing up, how do i posture up?

When im being grappled by a wrestler i cant seem to stop them from performing a manuover, how do i avoid getting slammed/how do i block it?

Also how do i reverse my opponent when on the ground on my back so i end up on top of them? in otherwords how do i perform reversals?

TheNegation
07-19-2009, 08:42 PM
I'd like to know how to do the full mount. Everyone does it against me put I can't do it.

There is an action list in the pause menu. There are numerous ways to achieve mount.

It can be done from full posture in half gaurd, from side control and north/south.

All you really have to do is flick the right analog stick from 7 o'clock to 12.

By holding the RB while doing it you'll move into mount with full posture.

UFC Undisputed is one of the worst games i have played ...theres! no rhythm to the striking ....theres no footwork what so ever...no upper body movement ether ....its near impossible to fight long range....its ether punch 4 punch or nothing !
The game is bollocks !

When you have a game that isn't just stand-up fighting it's hard to make a control layout that actually works. It's THQ's first attempt at the game and individualizing styles to different fighters and making it so that the striking game is like fight night would take way too long and would cost too much and THQ was already pressed for time and money.

So stop whining.

Once in the full mount posistion my opponent just holds my head and stops me from posturing up, how do i posture up?

Use the exact same method on the right thumstick you used to get into mount to posture up.

When im being grappled by a wrestler i cant seem to stop them from performing a manuover, how do i avoid getting slammed/how do i block it?

When a wrestler gets you in a clinch if you don't want to get dumped on your head, you need to fight for double underhooks. Which means when they clinch, you need to hold the RB and flick the thumbstick. Once you do that, then you have underhooks. From there you can take them down or click the left thumbstick to push them off of you.

Or you can simply hold the right thumbstick in any direction and it will prevent them from throwing you.

Also how do i reverse my opponent when on the ground on my back so i end up on top of them? in otherwords how do i perform reversals?

Wreslter's unfortunately can't perform reversals that wind up with them on top. Which is one of my pet peeves in this game. Wrestlers also have no active guard which also pisses me off.

The only thing a wrestler can do is bring positions back to guard and stand-up from the bottom.

BJJ and Judo Fighters can sweep and perform reversals. The moves list is in the pause menu

CiganoBoxer
07-20-2009, 03:38 AM
It's THQ's first attempt at the game and individualizing styles to different fighters and making it so that the striking game is like fight night would take way too long and would cost too much and THQ was already pressed for time and money.

So stop whiningThats where your wrong Its not THQs first attempt at making an MMA game ....they made the Pride FC game ....witch was also terrible to play and was exactly the same as UFC Undisputed !
Both suffer the same robotic stand up and poor footwork !
so stop making excuses ...in UFC Undisputed THQ haven't made any improvement on their previous MMA game !
Both their MMA games suck !

ijkl519
07-24-2009, 02:01 AM
Call of duty: World at war map pack 3 locked and loaded to release four new maps this august

Undefeated
07-25-2009, 02:44 AM
This game is completely random.. I hear there is a patch coming out for it to fix some issues..

To many random KO's.. I KO'ed someone with a ****ing jab, and the guy jumps and does a 360.. The KO's look the same over and over..

Its a good game though to play with your friends and ****.

Pretty hard to master as well.. Its all about timing.. Read the book.. it tells you how to do everything, and the ingame Tutorial.

Kobe Bryant
07-25-2009, 09:42 AM
This game has a lot of different dimensions to it. Just throwing punches won't get it done. You have to incorporate defense and timing into your game. It's pretty good. I've put down FN4 for a couple of weeks now and have strictly been on UFC. Both games are damn good in my opinion.

joga
07-27-2009, 05:11 PM
This game has a lot of different dimensions to it. Just throwing punches won't get it done. You have to incorporate defense and timing into your game. It's pretty good. I've put down FN4 for a couple of weeks now and have strictly been on UFC. Both games are damn good in my opinion.

+1.

It's a great game. Better than FN4 when you have friends around.

The Gully Gad
07-27-2009, 09:41 PM
I love it...Love fn4 as well though....

Necrophobic
07-28-2009, 07:23 AM
fnr4 is ****. all you have to do is spam to the body then go to the head and repeat.
on ufc, you cant do that because your stamina actually goes down and when you have no stamina, you get tapped out. and you cant keep mashing the buttons either because if you hold the stick up or down you catch their punches and you can take them down.

The Gully Gad
07-28-2009, 02:37 PM
The only one thing i dont rate about UFC no make that 2 things
is the fact you cant use a legend in career mode and theres no upper body movement bar that the game is sick....

CiganoBoxer
07-28-2009, 03:39 PM
The only one thing i dont rate about UFC no make that 2 things
is the fact you cant use a legend in career mode and theres no upper body movement bar that the game is sick....The lack of upperbody movement in the UFC is what killed it for me...and the footwork stinks !
Its why i got rid of the game :banghead:
But the visuals of the game are awesome !