View Full Version : Witter/Ndou off???

barryboy
02-16-2005, 08:35 AM
I got this from an Aussie site, it was an article about Green/Mudine but this was at the bottom:

On March 27 at the State Sports Centre, IBF flyweight champion Vic Darchinyan fights South African Mzukisi Sikali. Australian junior-welterweight Lovemore Ndou is expected to fight on the undercard of that bout after yesterday pulling out of Sunday's with Britain's Junior Witter in LA after a contract dispute.

J !
02-16-2005, 08:48 AM
im waintign on cofirmation but he is out in the states, he doesnt like the rematch clause in the contract apparently.

cesar bezan is being touted as a possible replacement but ndou vcould just be holding out for more money.

seems strange he would fly all that way.

barryboy
02-16-2005, 09:13 AM
Man Witter hasn't had a very stable build up to this has he? first Branco now maybe Ndou :rolleyes: Hopefully everything can be worked out here and we should get a good fight.

J !
02-16-2005, 10:08 AM
chairman of the who needs him club im afraid mate.
he needs this fight he has been fighting c list fighters for too long, his career is passing him by.

hitterwitter
02-16-2005, 12:32 PM
The main reason for the fight not happening is because, Both Ndou and Witter would have been angry that the WBC refused to sanction the fight as a final eliminator for champion Arturo Gatti's belt - unless they both agreed to face Official No.2 Gianluca Branco after winning this Saturday's box-off.

The money had been sorted and the rematch clause had been sorted. N'Dou said that there is no point in fighting witter unless its a final eliminator.

So it's down to the WBC then, N'Dou has said they 24hours to get it sorted, then witter will have to find a new opponent.

Branco ducked witter, this is why N'Dou is fighting witter, why should they fight branco.

J !
02-17-2005, 05:56 AM
yip see artcile by my mate david.

http://www.thesweetscience.com/boxing-article/1695/lovemore-dou-junior-witter-dead!/

rudy
02-17-2005, 06:03 AM
I knew this fight would not take place. Ndou is way too dangerous then again judging by what i read Ndou does not want to fight for the commonwealth title, which if true he is a bloody idoit if he wins he defend as the title has more prestige than just get a No 1 rating when u will stil have to fight an enliminator does anybody know who carl froch is fighting

davico
02-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Fights back on

elveiel
02-17-2005, 05:16 PM
Fights back on

:)

Good, i really want to see Witter mix with a tough durable fighter.

tino
02-17-2005, 07:44 PM
junior" i ran all night against judah and wasted tino ' s time " witter ?

who cares about that looser ?

elveiel
02-17-2005, 07:55 PM
junior" i ran all night against judah and wasted tino ' s time " witter ?

who cares about that looser ?

Oh but he only had 7 days notice :rolleyes:

He must of had more than 7 days notice because he was able to run for a full 12 rounds :D

I hope Witter does well(even though he's an idiot) but i doubt it.

tino
02-17-2005, 08:01 PM
they say he can punch , is it true ?

cause i havent see him throw a punch during 12 rounds ...

elveiel
02-17-2005, 08:11 PM
they say he can punch , is it true ?

cause i havent see him throw a punch during 12 rounds ...

He's KO'd some fighters which looked impressive but i just have to remember who he's KOing.

I'm 100% sure the am fighters at my gym would give him a far better fight, most of Witters KO's have come against fighters who shouldnt be pro.

He's done the business against some of the top italian guys recently, no disrespect but they were pretty poor too. I wouldnt be suprised if Ndou wins.

butatista
02-18-2005, 01:27 AM
yep apparently its back on.
should be a tasty match, time is running out fast for witter to make any impression on the world stage. we`ll see what he`s made of in this one.