View Full Version : I Have Found A Harry Greb Fight (OMFG) Video Here

RingSlam
07-17-2009, 08:22 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QC_KMuXwQDk&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QC_KMuXwQDk&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

TheGreatA
07-17-2009, 08:25 PM
Your obsession with poet has become rather disturbing.

Ziggy Stardust
07-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Your obsession with poet has become rather disturbing.

Sssssh.....he's giving me free advertising for my You Tube page :rofl:

Poet

them_apples
07-17-2009, 09:44 PM
is there any real color footage of Louis? i noticed your avatar but it looks like a retouch. I've seen lots of ww2 color footage (sort of rare) just wonder if they got any of Louis.

Ziggy Stardust
07-17-2009, 09:49 PM
is there any real color footage of Louis? i noticed your avatar but it looks like a retouch. I've seen lots of ww2 color footage (sort of rare) just wonder if they got any of Louis.

I have a color photo of Louis but have never seen color footage.....My avatar is a painted poster I got from Ring Magazine back in the early '90s. I scanned it into my computer.

Poet

0Rooster4Life0
07-17-2009, 10:00 PM
Someone should Really Colourise the Old Fights, They do it with movies..Why not fights?, Only issue i can see is that it would have to be a clear copy, Theres Alot of B&W fights that a very clear, it would cost money, But we should put money towards colourising some classic fights.

Id Love To see Some Marciano Fights in colour

them_apples
07-17-2009, 10:09 PM
Someone should Really Colourise the Old Fights, They do it with movies..Why not fights?, Only issue i can see is that it would have to be a clear copy, Theres Alot of B&W fights that a very clear, it would cost money, But we should put money towards colourising some classic fights.

they had color cameras back then to...for such big events why didn't they use the best equipment.

Ziggy Stardust
07-17-2009, 10:14 PM
they had color cameras back then to...for such big events why didn't they use the best equipment.

The sad thing is, a number of classic fights will NEVER be seen because the film was destroyed to get the silver nitrate content of the film which was valuable to the war effort.

Poet

GJC
07-17-2009, 10:20 PM

Not sure about that, my son got me the Laurel and Hardy collection (a secret vice) which has the black and white films plus colourised versions. Don't care much for the colour ones to be honest they just look crab. Think colourised boxing films would be even worse. Much rather they showed the old ones unspeeded up as an improvement.

GJC
07-17-2009, 10:21 PM
The sad thing is, a number of classic fights will NEVER be seen because the film was destroyed to get the silver nitrate content of the film which was valuable to the war effort.

Poet
Does make you think that was Hitler and the Japs that bad doesn't it?
I am being ironic BTW before another thread starts on the back of that comment.

GJC
07-17-2009, 10:22 PM
Big question for me is what happened to the Walker Greb fight they must have filmed it.

Gettin Jiggy
07-17-2009, 11:56 PM
i actually thought you had found footage of greb then and when i click i see poet! not funny!

JAB5239
07-18-2009, 06:04 AM
Not sure about that, my son got me the Laurel and Hardy collection (a secret vice) which has the black and white films plus colourised versions. Don't care much for the colour ones to be honest they just look crab. Think colourised boxing films would be even worse. Much rather they showed the old ones unspeeded up as an improvement.

I haven't seen it (read the book), but I've heard the documentary "unforgivable blackness" had computer generated graphics of some of Johnsons fights in which they were able to make them look like many of todays fights. Anyone know if there is any truth to this?