View Full Version : Khan fight Final Poll

Infern0
07-16-2009, 08:26 PM
Ok guys what are you picking, and why.

I have bet a lot on Kotelnik, but I am starting to lean toward my countryman. I thought that Khans chin was so bad, but looking at Kotelniks lowly Ko ratio some of the guys who have gone the distance with him must have been worse/more chinny than khan.

However I stand by my bets. IO pick Kotelnik by late Ko, khan will gas after trying to pummell Kotelnik for 10 rounds and Kotelinik will score when khan cant keep his hands up.

boxingp4p
07-16-2009, 09:06 PM

I have bet a lot on Kotelnik, but I am starting to lean toward my countryman. I thought that Khans chin was so bad, but looking at Kotelniks lowly Ko ratio some of the guys who have gone the distance with him must have been worse/more chinny than khan.

However I stand by my bets. IO pick Kotelnik by late Ko, khan will gas after trying to pummell Kotelnik for 10 rounds and Kotelinik will score when khan cant keep his hands up.

nah , i think Khan will take it by ud . He's been 12 rounds before with Gary St Clair , his stamina wasnt an issue then and its more than likely to have improved now with the amount of sparring and conditioning he's had at the wildcard . He just has to stay out of range of Kotelniks straight right and jab and use his superior reach an speed to counterpunch.I dont think he'll waste his shots as youve suggested with him trying to pummel Kotelnik for 10 rounds.Freddy will hopefully have told him to calm down in between rounds and keep it composed and technical rather than rushing in when he sees red.
Thats my opinion anyway.

fight_professor
07-16-2009, 09:15 PM
Khan by decision.

jaguar30
07-16-2009, 09:39 PM
Kotelnik by UD

Joe Frazier
07-17-2009, 03:44 PM
I chose Khan on points - but I honestly can't say I have complete faith in that.

We'll just have to wait and see.

The RealDeal
07-17-2009, 05:00 PM
My fart would Knock out Khan.

boxingp4p
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
My fart would Knock out Khan.

to be fair , your fart would knock out a whale

The RealDeal
07-17-2009, 05:37 PM
to be fair , your fart would knock out a whale

Is that you Mother ?

boxingp4p
07-17-2009, 05:40 PM
Is that you Mother ?

ouch.........personal , no family next time lol!

The RealDeal
07-17-2009, 05:42 PM
ouch.........personal , no family next time lol!

WOW ! :lol1:

Then how the hell do you know I have gas that could be used as a Chemical Weapon ?

number6
07-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Khan on points.

After watching Kotelnik against Rees, Witter and Mbaye, i think Kotelnik is a tough euro fighter with a solid defence, good chin and decent workrate to match.

I have a feeling this contest will be all about speed though, Khans hands will be too fast for him and a ud is on the cards for Amir in a competetive but clear ud.

Points win for Khan something like 112-116

boxingp4p
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
WOW ! :lol1:

Then how the hell do you know I have gas that could be used as a Chemical Weapon ?

I just assumed seeing as your location was Scotland ............. nah just joking ...... i hail form glesga meself

hammerhiem
07-17-2009, 05:45 PM
I have no faith in Khan's chin against featherweights, and not he's fighting a full blown light welter?

if Kotelnik hit's him clean, he's out of there.

The RealDeal
07-17-2009, 05:50 PM
I just assumed seeing as your location was Scotland ............. nah just joking ...... i hail form glesga meself

Aye mate its all down to that bad Scottish diet, Long live Glesga ! Long Live Rab C. Nesbitt !!!

Infern0
07-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Odds on Khan getting Ko'd have shortened down to 16/5 Glad i got in at 6/1

Also william hill have Froch as outright for the super 6. Kesslers good value at 11/4

`STEELHEAD
07-17-2009, 07:47 PM
copy/paste
closer to fight night. going to ammend my prediction on this one some
what. ha ha
if kotelnik pulls a pro tactic of going after khan heavy right off the bat he could get him off roaches game plan.
if kotelnik doesnt let khan ko him mid rounds is where i expect kotelnik to shine.

i most certainly could be wrong but i still look at khan as a kid that doesnt stay focused.
i expect khan to fall appart in mid rounds. and if he don't get lucky foresee kotelnik
ko ing khan in champ rounds.

S H O B O X
07-17-2009, 07:48 PM
Khan by unanimous decision for me . Freddie has trained Khan for a 12 round fight and i think with the conditioning coaching hes had he'll have more than enough in the gas tank to keep the workrate up . He just has to try not to let his heart rule his head and get carried away if he thinks kotelnik is hurt.

Dynamite Glove
07-17-2009, 08:03 PM

It's a good pick. Kotelnik is the veteran, and all his losses were bull****. Khan went down in the first 20 seconds of his fight with that Columbian.

Hook
07-17-2009, 08:09 PM
It's a tough call...

D-MiZe
07-18-2009, 01:51 AM
Kotelnik only needs a clean 2-punch combo to put Khan down.

I just hope Khan sticks to Roach's gameplan and uses his jab effectively.

fight_professor
07-18-2009, 08:55 AM
It should be good. I may order it.

shenmue
07-18-2009, 09:28 AM
Kotelnik KO/Stoppage in the latter rounds, or if Khan really has improved his defence and puch resistence then a UD for Khan.

Im going for the late KO/Stoppage for Kotelnik.

RenegadeT
07-18-2009, 09:32 AM
khan win by ko

boeing747
07-18-2009, 09:37 AM
Khan is definitely there for the taking by any of the top/middle ranked contenders. By the same token, I am always impressed by the power Khan has when he is on his game.

This time, Khan's power will be more decisive that his chin as I'm not convinced that Kotelnik can exploit this. KO in R6 to Khan.

fight_professor
07-18-2009, 09:56 AM
Just ordered it with the provisio that if he loses, will never order another Khan fight.