View Full Version : 10 best Heavies NOT to win the title...

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 10:21 AM
1. Sam Langford
2. Harry Wills
3. Joe Jeanette
4. Ike Ikeabuechi
5. David Tua
6. Gerry Quarry
7. Larry Middleton
8. Ernie Shavers
9. Tommy Farr
10.Joe Bugner

This is a spur of the moment list (honest!) & I've bound to have left a few good opinions out, so give me your views..
Have taken into account that Ken Norton was awarded the title after Leon Spinks was stripped of it, so maybe he should be in the list to.. Will leave it up to you....

D-MiZe
07-16-2009, 10:23 AM
David Haye

:haha: :haha:

Spartacus Sully
07-16-2009, 10:26 AM
Joe Choynski

Sugarj
07-16-2009, 10:36 AM
A few others for thought:

Gerry Cooney
Archie Moore
Ron Lyle
Rex Layne
Jimmy Young
Oscar Bonavena
Andrew Golota
Razor Ruddock
Audley Harrison (only Joking!!)

Some great names on your list there Mickey. Many may not have thought of Ike Ibeabuchi but I'd agree, well with you on the others too.

Sugarj
07-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Choynski, good call. Taught Johnson every trick in the book!

Spartacus Sully
07-16-2009, 10:43 AM
at like 170 something drew jeffries, sharkey, fitzsimmons, mccoy, hart and beat johnson

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 10:46 AM
All good calls.. Must admit, forgot about Choynski & maybe Le Straza to.. All OK from SugarJ to, especially Lyle & Layne.. Not sure, but wasn't Young WBA briefly?

GJC
07-16-2009, 11:32 AM
1. Sam Langford
2. Harry Wills
3. Joe Jeanette
4. Ike Ikeabuechi
5. David Tua
6. Gerry Quarry
7. Larry Middleton
8. Ernie Shavers
9. Tommy Farr
10.Joe Bugner

This is a spur of the moment list (honest!) & I've bound to have left a few good opinions out, so give me your views..
Have taken into account that Ken Norton was awarded the title after Leon Spinks was stripped of it, so maybe he should be in the list to.. Will leave it up to you....
Peter Jackson should be on the list quite near the top

Sugarj
07-16-2009, 11:48 AM
Young didn't quite get hold of the title, he was matched with Norton for the vacant title but got beat on points by a split decision.

He didn't do too bad Young in the 70s. Arguably should have got the nod over Ali by decision, knocked down and decisioned Foreman, beat Lyle twice, drew with Shavers and went the distance with Norton......hell of a fighter. May have been a legend in a different era.

Southpaw16BF
07-16-2009, 02:45 PM
Peter Jackson
Sam Langford
Harry Willis
Joe Jeanette
Sam Mcvey
Joe Choynski
Jimmy Young
Ike Ikeabuechi
David Tua
Ron Lyle
Earnie Shavers
Oscar Natalio Bonavena
Archie Moore
Billy Conn
Elmer Ray
George Godfrey
Luis Angel Firpo
Fred Fulton
Gerry Cooney

No order, but a good list of fighters who never were Heavyweight Champions.

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Peter Jackson
Sam Langford
Harry Willis
Joe Jeanette
Sam Mcvey
Joe Choynski
Jimmy Young
Ike Ikeabuechi
David Tua
Ron Lyle
Earnie Shavers
Oscar Natalio Bonavena
Archie Moore
Billy Conn
Elmer Ray
George Godfrey
Luis Angel Firpo
Fred Fulton
Gerry Cooney

Yes... Of course, you did a post about him recently.. Well I suppose it was off the cuff, & perhaps I'll alter my list in future.. Thanks 4 reminding me!

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 03:11 PM
Young didn't quite get hold of the title, he was matched with Norton for the vacant title but got beat on points by a split decision.

He didn't do too bad Young in the 70s. Arguably should have got the nod over Ali by decision, knocked down and decisioned Foreman, beat Lyle twice, drew with Shavers and went the distance with Norton......hell of a fighter. May have been a legend in a different era.
Cheers! This is a brushing up thread for me.. The reason I wrote it, is because there's so many fighters that you read about or watch once or twice that tend to get forgotten or not often mentioned.. Many of them were really good, & Young certainly fits into this criteria..

sonnyboyx2
07-17-2009, 09:18 AM

He didn't do too bad Young in the 70s. Arguably should have got the nod over Ali by decision, knocked down and decisioned Foreman, beat Lyle twice, drew with Shavers and went the distance with Norton......hell of a fighter. May have been a legend in a different era.No-way should Jimmy Young have got the decision over Muhammed Ali... Young tried to cheat his way to victory but Ali could read his plan, Ali won quite convincingly, i also though Young was very fortunate to get the nod over Foreman IMO he only won 2rds

Kid McCoy
07-17-2009, 10:13 AM
No-way should Jimmy Young have got the decision over Muhammed Ali... Young tried to cheat his way to victory but Ali could read his plan, Ali won quite convincingly, i also though Young was very fortunate to get the nod over Foreman IMO he only won 2rds

I watched the Young-Foreman fight the other day. It was actually closer than I remembered, but I still thought Young won. He got jobbed so often back then he deserved to finally get the nod in a big one. I also thought he beat both Ali and Norton, which added to his two wins over Lyle and a draw with Shavers which most thought he won adds up to a pretty stellar resume.

I think Jimmy is well worthy of being on this list.

sonnyboyx2
07-17-2009, 01:05 PM
I watched the Young-Foreman fight the other day. It was actually closer than I remembered, but I still thought Young won. He got jobbed so often back then he deserved to finally get the nod in a big one. I also thought he beat both Ali and Norton, which added to his two wins over Lyle and a draw with Shavers which most thought he won adds up to a pretty stellar resume.

I think Jimmy is well worthy of being on this list.deliberately holding his head out of the ring so that Ali could not punch him, was Youngs game-plan against Ali

Sugarj
07-17-2009, 01:16 PM
Hi Sonnybox, I personally didn't score the Ali fight to Young but many experts did. To be honest even those who scored it for Ali didn't think it was a good showing from him.....Ali was not on form that night, his heaviest ever (230 Lbs). He spent alot of time on the ropes clowning around and his accuracy and timing were not great that night.

As for Young vs Foreman, close fight for me, a very good one too! Foreman was great at points in the fight but was very ill afterwards and collapsed in the dressing room. He would have almost certainly been stopped if it were a fifteen rounder. If you only gave Young 2 rounds this seems very harsh and way out of line with most experts and fans assessments. Even if the fight was declared a draw that would be a great achievement for Young.

Ziggy Stardust
07-17-2009, 01:20 PM
Peter Jackson
Sam Langford
Harry Willis
Joe Jeanette
Sam Mcvey
Joe Choynski
Jimmy Young
Ike Ikeabuechi
David Tua
Ron Lyle
Earnie Shavers
Oscar Natalio Bonavena
Archie Moore
Billy Conn
Elmer Ray
George Godfrey
Luis Angel Firpo
Fred Fulton
Gerry Cooney

Beat me to it: Excellent list! :boxing:

Poet

Kid McCoy
07-17-2009, 01:24 PM
deliberately holding his head out of the ring so that Ali could not punch him, was Youngs game-plan against Ali

How many times did Young do that? It was hardly part of the gameplan. I thought Young out-worked Ali in virtually every round, winning the fight on punches landed, defence and ring generalship. In any case, sticking his head through the ropes was no worse than Ali grabbing behind the neck to kill counter-punching.

Stoppage
07-17-2009, 03:25 PM
It's a shame Langford didn't get a world title shot. I'm sure he would've won it. He would have been the shortest heavyweight champion of all-time and that's a great accomplishment.

mickey malone
07-19-2009, 06:00 AM
Gary Mason is worth a mention.. Had nearly 40 fights with only one defeat to Lennox Lewis...

princemanspoper
07-19-2009, 08:40 AM
Such records usually show up when you don't fight anyone of note and your greatest opponent and win was tyrell biggs

but of course you wouldn't understand that would you malone? No doubt you think a guy with a flawless record must be an incredible fighter

Jimmy young was an inconsistent bum.He probably should have gotten the decision over ali and norton but his tactics were certainly not of those that will endear him to the judges or fans.Young by his own admission fought to survive rather than win and that's going to expose you in a world title fight

His record is piss poor and many losses to bums and jokers that cloud any wins over ron lyle and george foreman

mickey malone
07-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Such records usually show up when you don't fight anyone of note and your greatest opponent and win was tyrell biggs

but of course you wouldn't understand that would you malone? No doubt you think a guy with a flawless record must be an incredible fighter

Jimmy young was an inconsistent bum.He probably should have gotten the decision over ali and norton but his tactics were certainly not of those that will endear him to the judges or fans.Young by his own admission fought to survive rather than win and that's going to expose you in a world title fight

His record is piss poor and many losses to bums and jokers that cloud any wins over ron lyle and george foreman
There you go..... You've not only brought me into it for no reason, but you've also labled a very respected fighter as a bum.. I suppose you think that this will impress SugarJ... You really are a Fvcking Cunt, aren't you?

Obama
07-19-2009, 02:53 PM
Harry Wills
Sam Langford
Joe Jeannette
Sam McVey
Peter Jackson
Jimmy Bivins
Joe Choynski
Zora Folley
Eddie Machen
Ike Ibeabuchi

By the way, if Jimmy Young got the nod against Ali and Norton, he'd make this list right around where Jimmy Bivins is.

And if anyone has the Norton fight....hook me up please.

RightCross94
07-19-2009, 06:51 PM

And what have you ever done/achieved in the ring?

princemanspoper
07-20-2009, 08:41 AM
By the way, if Jimmy Young got the nod against Ali and Norton, he'd make this list right around where Jimmy Bivins is.

If jimmy young had gotten the nod over ali then he would have been champion and therefor would never have made such a list you dunce

Nice logic Perez,by the way for everytime you have made a criticism of a boxer let me ask you this

what have you ever done/achieved in the ring?

mickey malone
07-20-2009, 12:00 PM
With the exception of pawning his Mothers wedding ring,.. Nothing..

So... We can safely say, that Jimmy Young is a worthy inclusion for the top 10?

Take no notice of Policemancopper, he thinks we're referring to the house wives favorite on Radio 2..

Obama
07-20-2009, 01:07 PM
If jimmy young had gotten the nod over ali then he would have been champion and therefor would never have made such a list you dunce

Good point jackass. But that's where he'd fit in for me as a fighter overall.

princemanspoper
07-20-2009, 01:34 PM
What the hell are you mumbling on about now you dunce?

the topic is 10 best Heavies NOT to win the title and nothing else,you responded with a list of your own and raised the point that had young gotten the decision over ali and norton then he would have made your list of
"10 best Heavies NOT to win the title" however this would not have made sense as had jimmy young gotten the decision over ali then he would have become heavyweight champion thus eliminating him from such a debate

you used your own logic to kill your argument dunce

Obama
07-20-2009, 04:47 PM
What the hell are you mumbling on about now you dunce?

the topic is 10 best Heavies NOT to win the title and nothing else,you responded with a list of your own and raised the point that had young gotten the decision over ali and norton then he would have made your list of
"10 best Heavies NOT to win the title" however this would not have made sense as had jimmy young gotten the decision over ali then he would have become heavyweight champion thus eliminating him from such a debate

you used your own logic to kill your argument dunce

I can't believe you sat there and explained this after I admitted you were right. If anyone is a dunce, it's you. I merely wasn't thinking clearly at the time.

princemanspoper
07-20-2009, 05:56 PM
If it were a simple error then fair enough,but it wasn't.You were using logic that completely contradicted the whole point of the thread thus exposing yourself as a first class dunce

by the way when you are wrong it's always considered good manners to admit your idiocy and be humble about it rather than throw out insults like a sore dunce

I shall await your apology :dunce:

Obama
07-20-2009, 05:57 PM
If it were a simple error then fair enough,but it wasn't.You were using logic that completely contradicted the whole point of the thread thus exposing yourself as a first class dunce

by the way when you are wrong it's always considered good manners to admit your idiocy and be humble about it rather than throw out insults like a sore dunce

I shall await your apology :dunce:

Dickwad, you were rude by calling me a dunce in the first place. You're not getting an apology clown.

VINXGC
07-20-2009, 08:43 PM
"title" meaning world title

George Chuvalo
Ken Norton
Oscar Bonavena
Luis Angel Firpo
Ron Lyle
Archie Moore
Andrew Golota
Sam Langford
Ike Ibeabuchi
Ernie Shavers

if NAB's title counts in then include

Gregorio Peralta
Ingemar Johannson
Karl Mildenberger

mickey malone
07-21-2009, 02:00 PM
"title" meaning world title

George Chuvalo
Ken Norton
Oscar Bonavena
Luis Angel Firpo
Ron Lyle
Archie Moore
Andrew Golota
Sam Langford
Ike Ibeabuchi
Ernie Shavers

if NAB's title counts in then include

Gregorio Peralta
Ingemar Johannson
Karl Mildenberger
Good list!....

I'd be tempted to replace Golota with Jimmy Young & maybe Norton with Peter Jackson, mainly because Norton was awarded the WBC strap after it was stripped from Spinks.. Should Norton be deemed as a non titlist, then I'd probably put him at the very top.. Very good list though..

freudianfloyd
07-22-2009, 02:07 PM
I didn't see Jerry Quarry on any lists. He was definitely a world class fighter that gave many fighters below Ali, Frazier, and Foreman trouble. In the 80's he would have been champ.

mickey malone
07-22-2009, 02:13 PM
I didn't see Jerry Quarry on any lists. He was definitely a world class fighter that gave many fighters below Ali, Frazier, and Foreman trouble. In the 80's he would have been champ.
It's my thread.. He's on there all right.. Check the very first post..

sonnyboyx2
07-22-2009, 02:45 PM
1. Sam Langford
2. Harry Wills
3. Joe Jeanette
4. Ike Ikeabuechi
5. David Tua
6. Gerry Quarry
7. Larry Middleton
8. Ernie Shavers
9. Tommy Farr
10.Joe Bugner

Jerry Quarry
Ron Lyle
Oscar Bonavena
Zora Folley
Jimmy Young
Louis Angel Firpo
Tom Sharkey
Joe Jeanette
Cleveland Williams
Sam Langford

mickey malone
07-22-2009, 03:06 PM
Jerry Quarry
Ron Lyle
Oscar Bonavena
Zora Folley
Jimmy Young
Louis Angel Firpo
Tom Sharkey
Joe Jeanette
Cleveland Williams
Sam Langford
Good list & a few in common.. Since starting the thread, I'd now remove Middleton Bugner & Farr for Jackson,Young & Lyle.. Can't find room for Bonavena, Williams, Sharkey, Folley & Firpo.. Bonvena being the best, but the others, a tadge chinny I feel..

sonnyboyx2
07-22-2009, 03:22 PM
Hi Sonnybox, I personally didn't score the Ali fight to Young but many experts did. To be honest even those who scored it for Ali didn't think it was a good showing from him.....Ali was not on form that night, his heaviest ever (230 Lbs). He spent alot of time on the ropes clowning around and his accuracy and timing were not great that night.

As for Young vs Foreman, close fight for me, a very good one too! Foreman was great at points in the fight but was very ill afterwards and collapsed in the dressing room. He would have almost certainly been stopped if it were a fifteen rounder. If you only gave Young 2 rounds this seems very harsh and way out of line with most experts and fans assessments. Even if the fight was declared a draw that would be a great achievement for Young.

i just thought Foreman was the aggressor throughout and Youngs pity-pat punches did not impress me, its a long time since i viewed the fight but i can recall that each time i did watch it i always had Foreman the winner.. years ago i read an article by Arthur Mercante who said when he scored a fight he used a method of breaking a round down into 3 separate minutes, fighter A could win the first 2 minutes of a round behind his jab and fighter B could land a 14 punch salvo in the final minute of the round yet Mercante would score the round for fighter A, myself i have no judging experience what so ever just like 99% of fight fans so i like to score a fight while watching it in the way the great Arthur Mercante does, its very surprising how different your scorecard is to your friends

freudianfloyd
07-22-2009, 03:40 PM
It's my thread.. He's on there all right.. Check the very first post..

Oh, sorry I was looking at first names, but I see now, you just have it with a G. Well then, good list.

1SILVA
07-23-2009, 12:27 PM
1. Sam Langford
2. Harry Wills
3. Joe Jeanette
4. Ike Ikeabuechi
5. David Tua
6. Gerry Quarry
7. Larry Middleton
8. Ernie Shavers
9. Tommy Farr
10.Joe Bugner

Jimmy Young

mickey malone
07-23-2009, 01:01 PM
Jimmy Young
Go back 4 posts..

sonnyboyx2
08-03-2009, 08:16 AM

your correct it was not one of Muhammad Ali`s best showings but i had him a clear winner as did the judges 72 - 65, 70 -68, 71 - 64 unanimous

Sugarj
08-03-2009, 08:48 AM
Yea, I'm suprised Ali took Jimmy so lightly. 230 lbs!!!

Its fair to say that if there was a return Ali would have surely been even more dominant.

Stoppage
08-03-2009, 09:27 AM
I'm sure Langford and Wills could have won if they were given a chance. I wouldn't be surprised if any of the boxers on the list would win a title if they were boxing today. There's four (five if you count IBO) versions of world titles.

Obama
08-03-2009, 11:58 AM

Its fair to say that if there was a return Ali would have surely been even more dominant.

dominant? He got completely clowned the first time. I only had Ali winning 3 rounds, with 1 even. One of the worst robberies I have ever seen. If he fought him again maybe he could deserve to win 6 rounds.

Ziggy Stardust
08-03-2009, 12:22 PM

The problem was that after Manila Ali fell into the habit of treating his fights as if they were exibitions.....similer to the kind of fights Johnson and Dempsey had in the twilight of their careers. That third fight with Frazier sapped a lot of Ali's desire and it took losing to Leon Spinks to put some fire in his belly.

Poet

GJC
08-03-2009, 01:09 PM
The problem was that after Manila Ali fell into the habit of treating his fights as if they were exibitions.....similer to the kind of fights Johnson and Dempsey had in the twilight of their careers. That third fight with Frazier sapped a lot of Ali's desire and it took losing to Leon Spinks to put some fire in his belly.

Poet
After Manilla the only fights of Ali's where he gave a decent performance were Spinks 2 and Shavers. You could say he wasn't that great in either but Shavers was always a dangerous opponent and Spinks 2 was historical if nothing else.

Sugarj
08-03-2009, 01:32 PM
Hi Obama, my earlier post was clearer in this thread:

Originally Posted by Sugarj

I did watch the fight a few months ago and was impressed with Young, I personally didn't quite give him the nod........the judges were too generous in Ali's favour. Jimmy should have pressed more when Ali clowned.

Thing is Ali was always better in rematches, he would have trained harder and been in better shape. Predicting that in a return Ali would have won perhaps six rounds wouldn't be a view shared by many.

Hi Poet and GJC,

Yes after Manilla 1975 he was not quite the same, I'm sure that fight started the earliest signs of Parkinson's syndrome. Even watching the documentaries posted yesterday of Ali comparing himself with the legends (in the history section, filmed shortly after the Manilla fight) Ali just occasionally glazed over and ever so slightly his voice would get that tone that only hardcore Ali fans would recognise as post Manilla. He was not quite the same guy as he was in 1974's 'When we were Kings'.

Yes between 1975 and 1978 Ali did fight some bums, Coopman, Evangelista and Dunn were hardly all time greats! Ha ha, but he did obviously fit in Young, Norton and Shavers which were good fighters. Ali was in good shape for the latter two, I really enjoyed the Shavers fight, thought Ali showed great combinations, heart and a strong finish. As for Norton 3, both men were pretty good, a draw may have been a better verdict but I've never scored that one for Kenny.

joseph5620
08-03-2009, 02:03 PM
deliberately holding his head out of the ring so that Ali could not punch him, was Youngs game-plan against Ali

A lot of people seem to conveniently forget that so I'm glad you brought it up. He should have been DQ' d and would have been today.

GJC
08-03-2009, 02:34 PM
As for Norton 3, both men were pretty good, a draw may have been a better verdict but I've never scored that one for Kenny.

Think his shape and whether he was "gone" as a fighter not neccessary the same thing, he looked in shape against Holmes if you think about it.

Yes guess Ali wasn't in bad shape for Norton, think Norton would have made him look bad in 66/67 to be honest. Personally would have given the nod to Norton.
He should have quit after Shavers really, a lot of the damage was probably done but it would have a good fight to bow out on.

princemanspoper
08-03-2009, 03:05 PM

Poet

And you would believe that because you are a Pedo who also believes that the easter bunny exists.Ali had put in mediocre perormances and showed up as a bloated whale since 1971.Some boring overrated third fight with frazier had little to do with it.

mickey malone
08-03-2009, 04:19 PM
And you would believe that because you are a Pedo who also believes that the easter bunny exists.Ali had put in mediocre perormances and showed up as a bloated whale since 1971.Some boring overrated third fight with frazier had little to do with it.
And shortly after your Mother twitched her minge in a spit & sawdust bar, your screaming ugly head suddenly appeared..

Ziggy Stardust
08-03-2009, 04:30 PM
And shortly after your Mother twitched her minge in a spit & sawdust bar, your screaming ugly head suddenly appeared..

:haha: :rofl:

Originally Posted by princemanspoper

Pedo accusations are the last refuge of the intellectually challeged fool who's getting his ass kicked in the debate.

PS. Keep it up Einstein! Repeated pedo accusations usually get the accuser banned. While I couldn't be arsed to report you to the admins eventually you'll make scream pedo enough that someone ELSE will :boxing:

Poet

princemanspoper
08-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Malone you're not worth the time anymore quite frankly,Any coward who puts another user on ignore over a *ucking internet forum isn't worth the time or effort.I have continually picked out flaws over your shallow arguments in the past and you have been exposed,Now run along child,the bully boy posters are coming and they are not happy

What debate? I have never debated you because most of the topics of which you *ahem* debate on I am banned from discussing on by users whom I don't even know.You are a pedo based on you constantly baiting in young posters into stupid **** slinging contests with the topic of boxing actually ignored.You have nothing better to do with your time than argue with these kids

It also does not help that you look like a pedo either,You sad fat cunt.

Widower my arse

mickey malone
08-03-2009, 07:22 PM
Malone you're not worth the time anymore quite frankly,Any coward who puts another user on ignore over a *ucking internet forum isn't worth the time or effort.I have continually picked out flaws over your shallow arguments in the past and you have been exposed,Now run along child,the bully boy posters are coming and they are not happy

What debate? I have never debated you because most of the topics of which you *ahem* debate on I am banned from discussing on by users whom I don't even know.You are a pedo based on you constantly baiting in young posters into stupid **** slinging contests with the topic of boxing actually ignored.You have nothing better to do with your time than argue with these kids

It also does not help that you look like a pedo either,You sad fat cunt.

Widower my arse
Since when did I put you on ignore?..... or anyone else for that fact?... Not in my nature!... But since it upsets you so much, I may have a few ideas..

Ziggy Stardust
08-03-2009, 07:28 PM
Since when did I put you on ignore?..... or anyone else for that fact?... Not in my nature!... But since it upsets you so much, I may have a few ideas..

Don't you love how trolls sometimes forget to "remove the chip from the Princeofpoop slot and place it in the Putrid Pommie slot"?

Poet

mickey malone
08-03-2009, 07:56 PM
Don't you love how trolls sometimes forget to "remove the chip from the Princeofpoop slot and place it in the Putrid Pommie slot"?

Poet
Naturally!... Poncemanspoofter getting distraught & throwing in the towel.. Once again... Owned, & thoroughly exposed as the proverbial 'turd in a swimming pool.'

princemanspoper
08-03-2009, 10:21 PM
Malone,You haven't owned anything.You've been owned many times by myself and the bully boy posters who's mere presence owns you.And yes you did have me on ignore,You may have not unblocked me since then but I don't care to check as you really are that much of an irrelevant coward

mickey malone
08-04-2009, 04:10 AM
Malone,You haven't owned anything.You've been owned many times by myself and the bully boy posters who's mere presence owns you.And yes you did have me on ignore,You may have not unblocked me since then but I don't care to check as you really are that much of an irrelevant coward
A own a video in which Jimmy Young spanks a prime George Foreman..

princemanspoper
08-04-2009, 06:31 PM
Then try actually watching that video you moron

apefar
08-10-2009, 09:46 PM
1. Sam Langford
2. Harry Wills
3. Joe Jeanette
4. Ike Ikeabuechi
5. David Tua
6. Gerry Quarry
7. Larry Middleton
8. Ernie Shavers
9. Tommy Farr
10.Joe Bugner

the title after Leon ....

Just a quick question, do you consider winning one of those lame belts (wbo, wbc, wba etc) as winning the title? Too me winning the title is becoming the lineal champ. I would include Tommy Morrison, Ray Mercer etc as guys who didnt win the title.

Jim Jeffries
08-10-2009, 10:13 PM
A own a video in which Jimmy Young spanks a prime George Foreman..

Well if Tyson wasn't prime at 23 against Douglas, then I'm not sure you could call George prime after that whipping Ali gave him.