View Full Version : Roy Jones Jr vs Joe Louis At HW

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 04:33 PM
The Jones who fought Ruiz vs a prime Louis at Heavyweight.......

Who would take this fight and how would it plan out.

Could Jones's speed, reflexes anf footwok give Louis hell? similar to billy conn. or would Louis punch to hard for superman.

Southpaw Stinger
07-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Jones would get bombed out.

Roids won't save him this time.

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 04:37 PM
Jones would get bombed out.

Roids won't save him this time.

Do you think he would get knocked out quick? I dont know, movers always gave Louis problems etc Conn, Walcott, Charles. And Roy is super fast and in his prime had reflexes like a cat.

I think this is a pretty interesting fight. hope to get some more views on it!

Southpaw Stinger
07-13-2009, 04:52 PM
Do you think he would get knocked out quick? I dont know, movers always gave Louis problems etc Conn, Walcott, Charles. And Roy is super fast and in his prime had reflexes like a cat.

I think this is a pretty interesting fight. hope to get some more views on it!

No, to be honest, Louis had a hard time with speedy guys.

Jones wouldn't last with Louis' power, but Louis will have to catch him first. I'd expect the early rounds to go Jones' way.

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 04:56 PM
No, to be honest, Louis had a hard time with speedy guys.

Jones wouldn't last with Louis' power, but Louis will have to catch him first. I'd expect the early rounds to go Jones' way.

yeah. but jersey joe walcott never had a very good set of whiskers and louis coundt get to him the first time they met. I feel Jones is just as fast as walcott in hand and foot if not faster, due to louis being a such a hard hitter, I feel roy would be extra sharp in reflexes.

Benny Leonard
07-13-2009, 05:02 PM
yeah. but jersey joe walcott never had a very good set of whiskers and louis coundt get to him the first time they met. I feel Jones is just as fast as walcott in hand and foot if not faster, due to louis being a such a hard hitter, I feel roy would be extra sharp in reflexes.

If we are talking about Fantasy matchups let's take these fighters at their best and not after their prime like Louis was against Walcott.

If you want a fight, try using the first Conn fight.

When Roy was at HW I also questioned his stamina which wasn't tested like it could have been by Ruiz who sat and did little.

Roy wouldn't have to be at 200 like he was against Ruiz to be at his best. I don't even think he had to be that high in the first place against Ruiz and if anything, it limited his stamina and movement some more. Maybe it helped him absorb some shots though.

I also think Roy had already been on his athletic decline by the time he got to Ruiz. He was just so ahead of the game that even Roy in his 30's seemed like that same phenom.

sleazyfellow
07-13-2009, 05:04 PM

Walcott had a good enough chin to take the rocks best shots all the way to the 13th round (I know the rematch was a 1 round KO, but I beleive walcott just didnt want to be there, or go through what he did from the first fight).

Roy could stay away for the early rounds, but Louis would catch him eventually.

mickey malone
07-13-2009, 05:05 PM
Louis certainly wouldn't beat him easy, but I'm pretty sure he'd beat him though.. I can see a longer version of Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham, with Jones fighting comfortably from the outside, moving in & out while easily winning on points only to be hit with something special towards the end.. You have to remember, that a prime Louis hit a lot harder than Tarver or Johnson, and this was with either hand...

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 05:06 PM
If we are talking about Fantasy matchups let's take these fighters at their best and not after their prime like Louis was against Walcott.

If you want a fight, try using the first Conn fight.

When Roy was at HW I also questioned his stamina which wasn't tested like it could have been by Ruiz who sat and did little.

Roy wouldn't have to be at 200 like he was against Ruiz to be at his best. I don't even think he had to be that high in the first place against Ruiz and if anything, it limited his stamina and movement some more. Maybe it helped him absorb some shots though.

I also think Roy had already been on his athletic decline by the time he got to Ruiz. He was just so ahead of the game that even Roy in his 30's seemed like that same phenom.

my point with bringing walcott up is that louis always had problems with fast boxers and movers. and i feel this would play into roy's hands.

and i feel roy had faster hands than conn and walcott, and was faster footed and handed than conn and maybe walcott.

and roy wound't have to make a certain weight limt to be a heavyweight, he could come in what he wanted. which could make him even faster.

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Louis certainly wouldn't beat him easy, but I'm pretty sure he'd beat him though.. I can see a longer version of Julian Jackson vs Herol Graham, with Jones fighting comfortably from the outside, moving in & out while easily winning on points only to be hit with something special towards the end.. You have to remember, that a prime Louis hit a lot harder than Tarver or Johnson, and this was with either hand...

but when roy fought tarver and johnson, he wasnt the same fighter no more, because of losing all that muscle which destroyed his punched resistance and just ruined him as a fighter.

do you do make a good point, in saying it could be similar to jackson graham.

bojangles1987
07-13-2009, 06:25 PM
The Roy Jones that beat Ruiz would dance around Louis just like Billy Conn. The only reason Conn lost is because he got ****y and thought he could knock Louis out, a mistake an always cautious Roy Jones would not make.

Benny Leonard
07-13-2009, 07:00 PM
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPnuKGF15VA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xPnuKGF15VA&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctdjVr-kRsg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ctdjVr-kRsg&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 06:46 AM
but when roy fought tarver and johnson, he wasnt the same fighter no more, because of losing all that muscle which destroyed his punched resistance and just ruined him as a fighter.

do you do make a good point, in saying it could be similar to jackson graham.
I can make a better point..

What would Joe Louis have done to Johnny Louise??? I dread to think!

Taking a DC off one of the worst HW's of all time, cannot & should not, be compared to fighting arguably the very best HW of all time..

Jones knew the score, that's why he came straight back down again, effectively spoiling his resume..

fight_professor
07-14-2009, 07:01 AM
spoiling?

the man achieved the near impossible bro.

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 08:10 AM
spoiling?

the man achieved the near impossible bro.
Yeah, but this aint a fantasy thread, & the question is Vs Joe Louis.. I've just answered it.. To be honest, I think it's a stupid question, but I've refrained from giving a stupid answer.. On this occasion lol...

Chr0nic
07-14-2009, 08:45 AM
i see jones losing this one, louis was pretty fast, and not only that he was accurate as ****
i dont see jones going down with one punch cuz in his prime he was very good at rolling with the punches and was smart enough to clinch, tieing up the opponenets arms, but i see him goin down a couple of times and eventually the fight being stopped

Sugarj
07-14-2009, 11:55 AM
Honestly I think Roy would win. I'll get flack for this!!! They would both be around the same size and weight (Louis was around the 190lbs mark......a cruiserweight today!). Louis is a true legend who was well ahead of his competition in the 30s and 40s but I truely believe the game has moved on sufficiently in 70 years to plump for Roy.

Louis's competition at his peak (Schmelling, Baer, Gallento, Conn, Sharkey, Carnera, Simon, Braddock) would in my opinion, not survive at world level today and Louis was badly staggered, knocked down, or out by several of these. Jones's style would be too unorthodox, no one boxed quite like him back then. Louis hated jab and move types all his career, Farr and Conn (in his peak) and Walcott and Charles post prime. I think Roy would be too much.

Roy looked great against Ruiz and took some heavy blows enroute. Roy's chin only became weak after the move back to light heavy so I dont see the Johnson and Tarver KOs as a factor. Roy would have a speed, defense and mobility advantage and would likely take a decision.

Gettin Jiggy
07-14-2009, 01:00 PM
I also think roy would of beat virtually all louis's heavyweight era. etc bear, schmelling, galento, farr, simon, sharkley.

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 02:28 PM
Honestly I think Roy would win. I'll get flack for this!!! They would both be around the same size and weight (Louis was around the 190lbs mark......a cruiserweight today!). Louis is a true legend who was well ahead of his competition in the 30s and 40s but I truely believe the game has moved on sufficiently in 70 years to plump for Roy.

Louis's competition at his peak (Schmelling, Baer, Gallento, Conn, Sharkey, Carnera, Simon, Braddock) would in my opinion, not survive at world level today and Louis was badly staggered, knocked down, or out by several of these. Jones's style would be too unorthodox, no one boxed quite like him back then. Louis hated jab and move types all his career, Farr and Conn (in his peak) and Walcott and Charles post prime. I think Roy would be too much.

Roy looked great against Ruiz and took some heavy blows enroute. Roy's chin only became weak after the move back to light heavy so I dont see the Johnson and Tarver KOs as a factor. Roy would have a speed, defense and mobility advantage and would likely take a decision.
If he fought in the same way that he fought Ruiz, ie in & out with quick flurries, Louis would swat him like a fly.. If he went toe to toe with Louis, he may stand a chance, but it'd be slim.. If he tried to fight of the ropes, Louis would knock him outta the ring.. Size don't come into it, Roy beat Johnny Louise & Louis chopped down Carnera like a Canadian Redwood.. Just my opinion..

Sugarj
07-14-2009, 06:47 PM
I still love Joe Louis, I hated picking against him.

I do think that...........ugly as his style is Ruiz would have the beating of many of yesterdays heavyweights too, he is I'm sure better (albeit less entertaining) than the likes of Gallento, Carnera or Simon. He's a durable, well paced heavy thats sadly too unexciting to watch.

The generations question has bothered me along time irrespective of which fighter is being debated.......or which sport!!! Honestly, go and watch some tennis from the 60s, or snooker or some football. Sports move on, Olympic records are bettered, training improves, nutrition. Fighters also have the benefit of studying opponents from good quality films that weren't that plentiful 70 years ago.

I've always thought that the 1967 Ali and the 1980 Holmes are the best heavyweights I've ever seen but will I be right to say that in 40 years time? Who knows, the age old adage that a good big un will beat a good little un does seem to hold true in boxing more often or not and in 40 years time heavies may average over 300lbs be 7ft and move fast!!

I think the Roy Jones that fought Ruiz would have a fair chance against many heavies of the past who weighed a similar amount. Ellis, Patterson, Johansson, Charles, Walcott, Braddock, Baer and perhaps even Dempsey. It would be nice if I was wrong about Louis and that he really would stand tall these days as a true legend to surpass the decades but I think my head is ruling my heart on that one.

One day I'll have to admit that the current dominant heavyweight would probably have beaten the 67 Ali. I think that Vitali and Wlad would give him very tough matches.........but I'm still waiting.

mickey malone
07-15-2009, 06:18 AM
I still love Joe Louis, I hated picking against him.

I do think that...........ugly as his style is Ruiz would have the beating of many of yesterdays heavyweights too, he is I'm sure better (albeit less entertaining) than the likes of Gallento, Carnera or Simon. He's a durable, well paced heavy thats sadly too unexciting to watch.

The generations question has bothered me along time irrespective of which fighter is being debated.......or which sport!!! Honestly, go and watch some tennis from the 60s, or snooker or some football. Sports move on, Olympic records are bettered, training improves, nutrition. Fighters also have the benefit of studying opponents from good quality films that weren't that plentiful 70 years ago.

I've always thought that the 1967 Ali and the 1980 Holmes are the best heavyweights I've ever seen but will I be right to say that in 40 years time? Who knows, the age old adage that a good big un will beat a good little un does seem to hold true in boxing more often or not and in 40 years time heavies may average over 300lbs be 7ft and move fast!!

I think the Roy Jones that fought Ruiz would have a fair chance against many heavies of the past who weighed a similar amount. Ellis, Patterson, Johansson, Charles, Walcott, Braddock, Baer and perhaps even Dempsey. It would be nice if I was wrong about Louis and that he really would stand tall these days as a true legend to surpass the decades but I think my head is ruling my heart on that one.

One day I'll have to admit that the current dominant heavyweight would probably have beaten the 67 Ali. I think that Vitali and Wlad would give him very tough matches.........but I'm still waiting.
This is where boxing is unique.. All of the other sports that you have mentioned have more competition these days than they did years ago, especially snooker.. With boxing it's the opposite.. There isn't as many guys competing these days.. They get inflated purses & only fight a couple of times a year for 1 of 4 titles.. It's all wrong! Old school fighters were far more practised in their profession & had more experience, sometimes fighting 10 times in 1 year for 1 title.. The likes of Joe Louis would have a good chance of cleaning up in any era..

Oasis_Lad
07-15-2009, 06:24 AM
Louis by KTFO within the first 3 or 4 rounds.

Sugarj
07-15-2009, 07:05 AM
Hi Mickey, I totally see your angle. Fighting champs like Louis and Ali defended their titles very regularly and would be more ring sharp than someone who defends their title two or three times a year.

I've probably argued your way in the past too, certain fighters can make the generation jump. I'm sure that Robinson would do more than well today for example.

mickey malone
07-15-2009, 07:20 AM
Hi Mickey, I totally see your angle. Fighting champs like Louis and Ali defended their titles very regularly and would be more ring sharp than someone who defends their title two or three times a year.

I've probably argued your way in the past too, certain fighters can make the generation jump. I'm sure that Robinson would do more than well today for example.
Cheers!... The Cruiser weight division would buzz for sure lol..

Sugarj
07-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Quite right...........and about time for the cruiserweights!

I've not seen a cruiserweight with faster hands than Floyd Patterson or Ali since the creation of the division, the old training methods clearly worked. David Haye has pretty quick hands but not in their league, likewise the younger Holyfield.

Squabbles94806
07-15-2009, 09:45 AM
I could have sworn we covered this fight already. I'd give it to Joe Louis by knock out in the late rounds; like 13 or 14. If Jones can get knocked out by Tarver, Louis can most definately bomb on RJJ.

Someone answer me this, what is the big deal about RJJ? Aside from him being an entertainer and a gentleman, is he really a super fighter? I've never been a RJJ fan, i liked Sugar Shane better during the 90s era. Speaking of which, is Jones still fighting? Or did he hang em up? His last fight was against that Joe guy wasn't it?

Sugarj
07-15-2009, 10:34 AM
Jone's ability to hold a punch was very good until he lost weight to fight Tarver, so many seem to think that Roy always had a glass chin. It wasn't the case. Other fighters who had great chins until having problems making weight include Hatton, De La Hoya, Ray Leonard and Chris Byrd. I think it is something to do with a lack of cushioning fluid around the brain.

We'll never know how a matchup would have gone but I do think that Roy at heavyweight was better, faster, craftier and more powerful than other hit and move types who gave Louis kittens like Farr and Conn.

Over twelve rounds I'd lean to a Jones decision........(but I'd be rooting for Louis!!).

As for Roy, hes just beaten Calzaghe victim Omar Sheika and has a big fight coming up with Jeff Lacy. If you didn't like him in the 90s check out his fights with Thornton, Brannon, Toney or Griffin 2, the man was amazing. I liked Sugar Shane too mind!

bojangles1987
07-15-2009, 10:56 AM
I could have sworn we covered this fight already. I'd give it to Joe Louis by knock out in the late rounds; like 13 or 14. If Jones can get knocked out by Tarver, Louis can most definately bomb on RJJ.

Someone answer me this, what is the big deal about RJJ? Aside from him being an entertainer and a gentleman, is he really a super fighter? I've never been a RJJ fan, i liked Sugar Shane better during the 90s era. Speaking of which, is Jones still fighting? Or did he hang em up? His last fight was against that Joe guy wasn't it?

The big deal about Roy is that his speed and reflexes may be the best ever, at light heavyweight the guy moved like a welterweight or lightweight. His fundamentals are lacking and that has cost him since he came back down from heavyweight.

mickey malone
07-15-2009, 01:35 PM
The big deal about Roy is that his speed and reflexes may be the best ever, at light heavyweight the guy moved like a welterweight or lightweight. His fundamentals are lacking and that has cost him since he came back down from heavyweight.
Indeed... Good call.

vandiar
07-15-2009, 01:48 PM
Louis by KO in 4 rounds or so. I just can't see Jones hanging with Louis' power and accuracy. Louis' accuracy was incredible....

boxingbuff
07-15-2009, 03:46 PM
I believe RJJ would come in at 190lbs,only 10 pounds lighter than Louis.

He would be quicker and sharper at 190lbs,then he was against Ruiz.

Remember,Conn weighed in at 169lbs against Louis, but the promoter kept it a secret,worried it would kill the gate.

Louis never punched unless "both" feet were planted.So you need to keep him turning,keep him moving.....So he couldn't get both feet planted to punch.I believe RJJ could do this,and win a 15 Round decision.Something like 10-5

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 04:20 PM
I believe RJJ would come in at 190lbs,only 10 pounds lighter than Louis.

He would be quicker and sharper at 190lbs,then he was against Ruiz.

Remember,Conn weighed in at 169lbs against Louis, but the promoter kept it a secret,worried it would kill the gate.

Louis never punched unless "both" feet were planted.So you need to keep him turning,keep him moving.....So he couldn't get both feet planted to punch.I believe RJJ could do this,and win a 15 Round decision.Something like 10-5

interesting........

Oasis_Lad
07-15-2009, 04:26 PM
Sorry, but winning a decision against John Ruiz does not mean you could compete against, nor beat, Arguably the greatest heavyweight of all-time.

Joe Louis was the perfect puncher, his accuracy was fantastic. And you better believe that he'd land on Roy and fairly early.

boxingbuff
07-15-2009, 06:47 PM
Sorry, but winning a decision against John Ruiz does not mean you could compete against, nor beat, Arguably the greatest heavyweight of all-time.

Joe Louis was the perfect puncher, his accuracy was fantastic. And you better believe that he'd land on Roy and fairly early.

Joe Louis was a great,great fighter.But all great fighters(Save Sugar Ray)have a weakness.Even some sparring partners noticed the Brown Bomer's weakness of not punching unless "both" of his feet were planted.If you could keep him turning,keep him moving, he couldn't plant both of his feet at the same time to throw his array of punches.Billy Conn did this,who weighed in at 169lbs against Joe Louis.

I believe RJJ could give him angles,keep him turning,moving,while doing the same thing Conn did to Louis.STYLES make fights and a 190lb RJJ would out point the great Joe Louis.

AGAIN,he would keep Louis turning,moving,so he could not plant "both" feet to throw his punches.Joe Louis is a greater fighter than RJJ,but his style would give the brown bomber fits.

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 07:17 PM
Joe Louis was a great,great fighter.But all great fighters(Save Sugar Ray)have a weakness.Even some sparring partners noticed the Brown Bomer's weakness of not punching unless "both" of his feet were planted.If you could keep him turning,keep him moving, he couldn't plant both of his feet at the same time to throw his array of punches.Billy Conn did this,who weighed in at 169lbs against Joe Louis.

I believe RJJ could give him angles,keep him turning,moving,while doing the same thing Conn did to Louis.STYLES make fights and a 190lb RJJ would out point the great Joe Louis.

AGAIN,he would keep Louis turning,moving,so he could not plant "both" feet to throw his punches.Joe Louis is a greater fighter than RJJ,but his style would give the brown bomber fits.

ray robisnon did have a weakness. his defence wasnt that good.

boxingbuff
07-15-2009, 07:22 PM
ray robisnon did have a weakness. his defence wasnt that good.

Hmmmmm....Did you see him as a welterweight?

Remember,were talking about fighters in there Prime!

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Hmmmmm....Did you see him as a welterweight?

Remember,were talking about fighters in there Prime!

his defence was never that great. he always relied more on his chin and toughness.

Dan...
07-15-2009, 07:43 PM
Roy wins all of the early rounds before he slows up a bit and Joe gets to him with his precise power combinations.

Prime Roy's chin was a lot better than people give it credit for but there is no way he is standing up to a combination from a prime version of the Bomber.

Louis by KO.

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 09:37 PM
his defence was never that great. he always relied more on his chin and toughness.

That's just flat out wrong. Robinson was known for his defense. Unfortunately people who's only exposure to Robinson is the last round of the second Turpin fight have been spreading that untruth in recent years.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 09:41 PM
That's just flat out wrong. Robinson was known for his defense. Unfortunately people who's only exposure to Robinson is the last round of the second Turpin fight have been spreading that untruth in recent years.

Poet

what? ive seen every robinson fight avaible and his defence werent great he relied more on his great chin and toughness.

even the great A a poster who knows more about boxing than you said his defence was his weak point.

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 09:43 PM
what? ive seen every robinson fight avaible and his defence werent great he relied more on his great chin and toughness.

even the great A a poster who knows more about boxing than you said his defence was his weak point.

Practically every Robinson fight available is past prime Robinson. That's like watching Ali's fights from the '70s and concluding he couldn't dance and had no stamina.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 09:45 PM
Practically every Robinson fight available is past prime Robinson. That's like watching Ali's fights from the '70s and concluding he couldn't dance and had no stamina.

Poet

so how would you know if he had great defence in his prime then? if you have never seen him in his prime then how do you know he has great defence?

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 09:49 PM
so how would you know if he had great defence in his prime then? if you have never seen him in his prime then how do you know he has great defence?

Ever heard of something called "research"? It's a quaint practice I picked up in college and I still dabble in it. Only a few posters around here seem willing to do a little basic reading (ie. "doing their homework") on subjects.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 09:53 PM
Ever heard of something called "research"? It's a quaint practice I picked up in college and I still dabble in it. Only a few posters around here seem willing to do a little basic reading (ie. "doing their homework") on subjects.

Poet

but at the end of the day you have never seen a prime robinson on film, so you can not say if he has great defence FACT! and it's hard for me to do lots of research as i have other things to do with my life.

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 09:55 PM
but at the end of the day you have never seen a prime robinson on film, so you can not say if he has great defence FACT! and it's hard for me to do lots of research as i have other things to do with my life.

Well then, if you can't be arsed to do your homework then maybe you shouldn't speak on subjects about which you aren't informed.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 09:57 PM
Well then, if you can't be arsed to do your homework then maybe you shouldn't speak on subjects about which you aren't informed.

Poet

in my mind robinson never had great defence even the great a claimed it. a poster who know much more about boxing than you.

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:04 PM
in my mind robinson never had great defence even the great a claimed it. a poster who know much more about boxing than you.

One must first possess a mind in order to have something in it. See to that first, then try thinking.

Poet

Slimey Limey
07-15-2009, 10:19 PM
Bumbeater got his arse kicked by LHW Conn before getting lucky. Roy Jones would make him look stupid.

I love the discouraged quitter like look on Louis' face when Schmeling made him quit in his prime. Great facial expressions.

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:23 PM
One must first possess a mind in order to have something in it. See to that first, then try thinking.

Poet

dude get over ya self. you sound like a real smart ass. cant you handle the fact that someone is disagreing with you?

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:30 PM
I love the discouraged quitter like look on Tyson's face when McBride made him quit like a *****. Great facial expressions.

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/razauno/tyson_douglas.jpg

Please Daddy! I'll be a good boy!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1118/box_g_tyson_holyfield_580.jpg

Please Mr. Holyfield.....Don't hurt me no more!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41103000/jpg/_41103436_tyson_mcbride416.jpg

Here Mr. McBride.....Take my lunch money!

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:32 PM
dude get over ya self. you sound like a real smart ass. cant you handle the fact that someone is disagreing with you?

Read the bottom line of my signature: "Fools are NOT suffered gladly".

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Read the bottom line of my signature: "Fools are NOT suffered gladly".

Poet

looked at your sig and noticed a latino womed who is she?

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:38 PM
looked at your sig and noticed a latino womed who is she?

Selena Quintanilla-Perez

Siempre Selena!

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:40 PM
Selena Quintanilla-Perez

Siempre Selena!

do you know here or something or just have pictures up of her because you like her?

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM
do you know here or something or just have pictures up of her because you like her?

I love her music, I admire her beauty. To me she is the model woman.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Poet

fair enough. know lots of better looking girls

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:54 PM

Poet

any need for the red k? i know plenty of finer looking girls than her. she aint even that nice! you have low expectations! these are all much nice! FACT

http://www.stylecaster.com/member_files/size/500x/blog_files/42709_CherylCole.jpg

http://disconaplondon.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cheryl-cole131.jpg

http://www.mma-extreme.com/images/rachelle_leah.jpg

http://www.1800-sports.com/images/rachelle-leah-ufc-octagon-girl.jpg

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 10:57 PM
http://www.aceshowbiz.com/images/events/TTO-001681.jpg

http://www.cagetoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/arianny-celeste-boobs.jpg

http://www.topnews.in/files/mariah_carey.jpg

ALL MUCH BETTER LOOKIG AND HOTTER GIRLS THAN THAT WOMEN IN YOUR SIG! FACT

Ziggy Stardust
07-15-2009, 10:59 PM
any need for the red k? i know plenty of finer looking girls than her. she aint even that nice! you have low expectations! these are all much nice! FACT

http://www.stylecaster.com/member_files/size/500x/blog_files/42709_CherylCole.jpg

http://disconaplondon.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/cheryl-cole131.jpg

http://www.mma-extreme.com/images/rachelle_leah.jpg

http://www.1800-sports.com/images/rachelle-leah-ufc-octagon-girl.jpg

Take a shot at Selena and get a shot of red from me in return. Those other skanks you posted pics of are hos.

Poet

Gettin Jiggy
07-15-2009, 11:00 PM
Take a shot at Selena and get a shot of red from me in return. Those other skanks you posted pics of are hos.

Poet

lol. you could only dream about girls like that. they are all 10 out of 10. and much better than some spanish women who is built like a man!

Miburo
07-16-2009, 01:35 AM
I don't think Jones' chin would hold up for 15 rounds - he would get caught eventually, and Louis had more power than any fighter he ever faced in the ring.

illmatickid
07-16-2009, 01:59 AM
i love the idea of this dream match...but i seriously dont think the jones that fought ruiz was a prime jones...i mean he put on an excellent performance.. people thought the fight was a joke because ruiz was simply too big..then after the fight they bashed jones for fighting a not top 10 boxer....-___- but anywayz

yea, i dont think that was a prime jones but if that was the jones that would face joe louis...i think if roy could avoid gettin hit with clean punches and if he could utilize his insane speed against joe then he has a good chance of winning, and hes always managed to stay away from big punches in his prime so yea

Joe louis on the other hand.. if he could get one good flurry on jones on the ropes... i think its game over for roy no question...joe louis's punches i think are just too strong for roy's chin..and lets be honest im the biggest roy jones fan but his chin isnt really all that sturdy...so yea,

i think roy can outthink joe louis tho as he did with every fighter he fought, hes up against one of the greatest HW of all time but lets not 4get hes probably the most naturally gifted boxer ever..i didnt say greatest boxer ever... i said NATURALLY GIFTED boxer..just tryna make that point before i get alotta heat from you guys...ahhaa

Slimey Limey
07-16-2009, 08:59 AM
http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m28/razauno/tyson_douglas.jpg

Please Daddy! I'll be a good boy!

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2007/1118/box_g_tyson_holyfield_580.jpg

Please Mr. Holyfield.....Don't hurt me no more!

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/41103000/jpg/_41103436_tyson_mcbride416.jpg

Here Mr. McBride.....Take my lunch money!

Hahaha. Thank you for proving how much that loss hurts you. Atleast Tyson tried to get up when he was ko'd in his prime. Your cowardly bumbeater QUIT. Hurts doesn't it.
I'm gonna make a gif of bumbeater's reaction to getting pummeled by Schmeling. Btw, how did you like his chicken dance after the first right hand?

Ziggy Stardust
07-16-2009, 09:27 AM
Hahaha. Thank you for proving how much that loss hurts you. Atleast Tyson tried to get up when he was ko'd in his prime. Your cowardly bumbeater QUIT. Hurts doesn't it.
I'm gonna make a gif of bumbeater's reaction to getting pummeled by Schmeling. Btw, how did you like his chicken dance after the first right hand?

http://www.bloodygoodhorror.com/bgh/files/mike-tyson-biting-ear.jpg

That's right Judge Lane: I said I QUIT!

Slimey Limey
07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/media/box/2005/0204/photo/a_schmeling_i.jpg

BANG and it was no mas from there on out

http://www.antekprizering.com/blackburnstorylouisdefeat.jpeg
quitting was the easy way out innit Bumbeater?

Still working on that gif lads.

On Topic: This is what Roy Jones would have done to him as well.

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 09:58 AM
On topic... You wouldn't know anything about Roy Jones.. You're just a Troll..

dde91
07-16-2009, 10:02 AM
You cant fight Joe Louis with a Glass Jaw, Fast Reflexes or not, your going to get hit sometime, and Jones will be down.

dde91
07-16-2009, 10:07 AM
i love the idea of this dream match...but i seriously dont think the jones that fought ruiz was a prime jones...i mean he put on an excellent performance.. people thought the fight was a joke because ruiz was simply too big..then after the fight they bashed jones for fighting a not top 10 boxer....-___- but anywayz

yea, i dont think that was a prime jones but if that was the jones that would face joe louis...i think if roy could avoid gettin hit with clean punches and if he could utilize his insane speed against joe then he has a good chance of winning, and hes always managed to stay away from big punches in his prime so yea

Joe louis on the other hand.. if he could get one good flurry on jones on the ropes... i think its game over for roy no question...joe louis's punches i think are just too strong for roy's chin..and lets be honest im the biggest roy jones fan but his chin isnt really all that sturdy...so yea,

i think roy can outthink joe louis tho as he did with every fighter he fought, hes up against one of the greatest HW of all time but lets not 4get hes probably the most naturally gifted boxer ever..i didnt say greatest boxer ever... i said NATURALLY GIFTED boxer..just tryna make that point before i get alotta heat from you guys...ahhaa

i get what your saying man. Im a big BHop fan, and BHop would get bombed on by Louis. he just hits way to hard. Hopkins would make him miss a lot and keep it close till BAM! And Hopkins has a GREAT set of Whiskers on him. Thats the difference between Middleweights and Heavyweights.

Slimey Limey
07-16-2009, 10:10 AM
You cant fight Joe Louis with a Glass Jaw, Fast Reflexes or not, your going to get hit sometime, and Jones will be down.

With that logic Joe Louis would be KO'd by every top 15 great because the lad has the worst chin out of them all.

mickey malone
07-16-2009, 10:57 AM
With that logic Joe Louis would be KO'd by every top 15 great because the lad has the worst chin out of them all.
And we all know who has the worst opinion..

illmatickid
07-16-2009, 02:41 PM
i get what your saying man. Im a big BHop fan, and BHop would get bombed on by Louis. he just hits way to hard. Hopkins would make him miss a lot and keep it close till BAM! And Hopkins has a GREAT set of Whiskers on him. Thats the difference between Middleweights and Heavyweights.

yea imma big hopkins fan too....i still think him and roy should fight one more time..and it should be both their last fights

them_apples
07-16-2009, 05:39 PM
Louis would probably get this, even Ruiz got some body shots in and he's very slow.

The size difference isn't really huge compared to Roy at HW, so Roy's speed and power could be a factor, he seriously hurt even Ruiz who was pretty big.

however if Louis catches Roy it's curtains.

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 02:45 AM
I love all these stereotypical internet boxing fans using the logic that because roy jones had a weak chin then he would obviously lose,blatantly ignoring the fact that joe louis had a jaw crafted from sheer,pure "GLASS"

And we all know who has the worst opinion..

your a bigger cop out than I imagined,you do nothing to counter anyones points without exposing yourself to a complete fool who knows nothing about boxing,Then again you probably think sonny liston had a glass jaw too huh?

dde91
07-17-2009, 03:06 AM
I love all these stereotypical internet boxing fans using the logic that because roy jones had a weak chin then he would obviously lose,blatantly ignoring the fact that joe louis had a jaw crafted from sheer,pure "GLASS"

your a bigger cop out than I imagined,you do nothing to counter anyones points without exposing yourself to a complete fool who knows nothing about boxing,Then again you probably think sonny liston had a glass jaw too huh?

Ya, but Louis got knocked out by HW, and Roy got Knocked out by LHW's

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 03:27 AM
Joe Louis 213 pounds Rocky Marciano 184 pounds
Joe Louis 198 pounds Max Schmeling 192 pounds

Heavyweights really?

RightCross94
07-17-2009, 03:57 AM

Heavyweights really?

Yes they were Heavyweights, small by todays standards but still heavyweights. It's not so much that heavyweights have gotten naturally bigger, just many come into the ring in poor shape these days. Of course you have Wlad and Vitali but besides them and a few others the fighters are not really that much taller or larger built, just carrying excess bulk.

Benny Leonard
07-17-2009, 04:04 AM

Heavyweights really?

To all:

First, neither have a glass chin. This glass chin bit is highly overrated.

Roy was knocked down before being knocked out by Tarver so his chin wasn't made out of granite but he didn't have a glass chin. If he did, he would have been starched a lot more times than just twice in his career...which also goes for Louis.

I don't care how good people think Roy's reflexes were at his best or even slightly past his best...he still got hit and took those shots. The big difference to me was still his dramatic weight-loss and destruction of his body's equilibrium. He did not ever recover completely even with time...not at that stage of his career. The shot from Tarver was actually a huge shot while Roy was throwing and it hit him right on the chin. Johnson's KO win was right on the temple it seemed. Either way, he looked very vulnerable when he moved back down in weight. A ghost of himself.

For Louis: Marciano KO'd a SHOT version of Louis in round 8. Max KO'd Louis in round 12 after a bag full of right hands throughout. I cannot remember how many that landed exactly but it was a lot before he was finished off. Louis was put down before but he always got back up.

Overall, I would favor Louis's chin over Roy's.

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 04:08 AM
[QUOTE=princemanspoper;5703416]I love all these stereotypical internet boxing fans using the logic that because roy jones had a weak chin then he would obviously lose,blatantly ignoring the fact that joe louis had a jaw crafted from sheer,pure "GLASS"

Jones chin was never tested till he was past his prime but was not only stopped by two guys who'll never be in the Hall of fame, but put to sleep by one punch ko's.

Louis on the other hand was stopped twice. Once past his prime, the other before it. Both times against HOF fighters, and the first time he took
bomb after bomb before finally succumbing. Little bit of a difference there. If you can't understand that its time to re-take boxing 101.

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 04:25 AM
Well there you go then,it's not like his chin had taken a pounding over the years was it? Some fighters take so many shots to the chin that their chin gradually wears out and cannot take anymore

there's no real argument joe louis had a very weak chin,even his staunchest supporters have admitted as much

To all:

First, neither have a glass chin. This glass chin bit is highly overrated.

you can either take a punch or you can't,neither men could

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 04:34 AM
Well there you go then,it's not like his chin had taken a pounding over the years was it? Some fighters take so many shots to the chin that their chin gradually wears out and cannot take anymore

there's no real argument joe louis had a very weak chin,even his staunchest supporters have admitted as much

Louis was stopped twice in nearly 70 fights. Once before his prime, once after. How does that translate to a weak chin?

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 04:39 AM

Should the point even be brought up about the caliber of fighters who made it the distance with Jones? None of them even close to the level of Joe Louis.

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 04:48 AM
Getting shook up by a man he outweighed by 30 pounds old feather fists himself billy conn?

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 04:49 AM
Getting shook up by a man he outweighed by 30 pounds old feather fists himself billy conn?

Remind me, who won that fight?

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 05:02 AM
lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything? you asked me how Joe louis had a bad chin and I just gave you an example,if louis had a good chin he wouldn't have been as hurt as was by such a soft puncher like conn

mickey malone
07-17-2009, 05:09 AM

You're an alt mate!.... You didn't even have to hit Liston to knock him over lol... I don't take alts seriously.. I'll just have fun abusing you, you cunt...

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 05:17 AM
lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything? you asked me how Joe louis had a bad chin and I just gave you an example,if louis had a good chin he wouldn't have been as hurt as was by such a soft puncher like conn

Really? Did he go down? No. Did he lose? No. What is your basis here, getting wobbled? Lmao!!!

▀ringer
07-17-2009, 06:05 AM
Remind me, who won that fight?

lol what a cop out,what does that have to do with anything?

Well....in boxing ; it has everything to do with anything.

Benny Leonard
07-17-2009, 06:49 AM

And yet Louis somehow managed to keep standing for all those rounds against Max despite getting nailed with the right-hand over and over. And, even Dundee was amazed at watching the Baer fight with the shots Louis took.

If he couldn't take a shot he would have lost more than two times...with only 1 coming before he was shot.

His chin just wasn't granite.

Slimey Limey
07-17-2009, 10:25 AM
[QUOTE]

Jones chin was never tested till he was past his prime but was not only stopped by two guys who'll never be in the Hall of fame, but put to sleep by one punch ko's.

Louis on the other hand was stopped twice. Once past his prime, the other before it. Both times against HOF fighters, and the first time he took
bomb after bomb before finally succumbing. Little bit of a difference there. If you can't understand that its time to re-take boxing 101.

Don't make excuses now lad. Joe Louis was brutally KO'd, dominated and made to quit IN HIS PRIME. He was coming off a KO streak against some of his best opponents and was unbeaten.

Don't make excuses now lad. If you're right then Tyson was past his prime vs Douglass, Foreman vs Young etc. Nuthugging arse.

Slimey Limey
07-17-2009, 10:27 AM
And yet Louis somehow managed to keep standing for all those rounds against Max despite getting nailed with the right-hand over and over. And, even Dundee was amazed at watching the Baer fight with the shots Louis took.

If he couldn't take a shot he would have lost more than two times...with only 1 coming before he was shot.

His chin just wasn't granite.

His chin was much worse than glass. The reason he wasn't finished was because those bums, who had no business to knockdown the "Greatest HW ever"(pukes, farts, laughs) were too ****ty to finish him.

Sugarj
07-17-2009, 11:35 AM
Good vid, I always thought he had a good chin till he lost the weight too.

JAB5239
07-17-2009, 02:29 PM
[QUOTE=JAB5239;5703648]

Don't make excuses now lad. Joe Louis was brutally KO'd, dominated and made to quit IN HIS PRIME. He was coming off a KO streak against some of his best opponents and was unbeaten.

Im not even going to answer this again since you have been laughed off these boards more times than I can count with your pathetic reasoning.

Don't make excuses now lad. If you're right then Tyson was past his prime vs Douglass, Foreman vs Young etc. Nuthugging arse.

Awww, cry me a river Sally! Its already been agreed upon that I am right, by real boxing fans who aren't biased and ignorant. Get over it boy, Louis is at worst the 2nd greatest heavyweight ever. :usa2:

Slimey Limey
07-17-2009, 05:03 PM
[QUOTE]

Awww, cry me a river Sally! Its already been agreed upon that I am right, by real boxing fans who aren't biased and ignorant. Get over it boy, Louis is at worst the 2nd greatest heavyweight ever. :usa2:

Learn how to quote a post mate. You can't seem to do anything right.

Using the old "I'm not even going to respond to this" is a clear sign of defeat.

Funny, the only "real boxing fans" that do agree with you are just that, biased and ignorant.

Louis was spanked, humiliated and made to QUIT in his prime. Deal with it.

mickey malone
07-17-2009, 05:46 PM
[QUOTE=JAB5239;5705968]

Learn how to quote a post mate. You can't seem to do anything right.

Using the old "I'm not even going to respond to this" is a clear sign of defeat.

Funny, the only "real boxing fans" that do agree with you are just that, biased and ignorant.

Louis was spanked, humiliated and made to QUIT in his prime. Deal with it.
Well... I'm gonna tear you down every time.... HA HA HA

princemanspoper
07-17-2009, 06:18 PM
You're an alt mate!.... You didn't even have to hit Liston to knock him over lol... I don't take alts seriously.. I'll just have fun abusing you, you cunt...

Where's your proof that I am an alt? I know you regularly post alse,ignorant statements about boxing but go ahead and prove that I am an alt

I've already exposed you for the joker that you are.Now go spread your legs for the old bitter bully boy posters you ****ing whore

mickey malone
07-17-2009, 06:24 PM
Where's your proof that I am an alt? I know you regularly post alse,ignorant statements about boxing but go ahead and prove that I am an alt

I've already exposed you for the joker that you are.Now go spread your legs for the old bitter bully boy posters you ****ing whore
You might be able to pimp your mother, but it won't wash with me lol...

Southpaw16BF
07-17-2009, 06:39 PM
[QUOTE]

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UEtWnFFaZs&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/6UEtWnFFaZs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

GJC
07-17-2009, 09:58 PM

The fact that from your 1st post you are firing at posters who have upset your main account?
Don't have to be Poirot to figure it out really.

Infern0
07-17-2009, 10:50 PM
Joe Louis brain would implode at the mere sight Of Jones hand speed

Gettin Jiggy
07-17-2009, 10:54 PM
Joe Louis brain would implode at the mere sight Of Jones hand speed

so you would pick jones then?

princemanspoper
07-18-2009, 05:24 AM
The fact that from your 1st post you are firing at posters who have upset your main account?
Don't have to be Poirot to figure it out really.

Oh I'm sorry perhaps I should have came here like mickey malone and bent over to all bully boy posters and have no valid opinion of my own

yeah my bad

JAB5239
07-18-2009, 05:44 AM
Oh I'm sorry perhaps I should have came here like mickey malone and bent over to all bully boy posters and have no valid opinion of my own

yeah my bad

Valid opinions are respected here. Key word being "valid".

CRESCENDOPOWER
07-18-2009, 07:07 AM
Jesus Christ?:rofl:

mickey malone
07-18-2009, 08:09 AM

yeah my bad
You're not welcome.. You're a dog in a desert that can't find a tree to piss up, so you have to squat like a *****..
That sums you up sonny boy..