View Full Version : Fury vs McDermott

D-MiZe
07-13-2009, 05:56 AM
11th September Fury fights McDermott for the English heavyweight championship.

How do you guys fancy Fury's chances?

gingeralbino
07-13-2009, 06:36 AM
He's pretty tough but Fury should be able to take care of him.

I like Fury's comment on him "They call him 'Big, Bad, John' and that certainly sums him up. He's a big lump and he's not very good"

toysale
07-13-2009, 06:58 AM

I like Fury's comment on him "They call him 'Big, Bad, John' and that certainly sums him up. He's a big lump and he's not very good"

That's a brilliant quote haha.

Fury should murder him from what I've seen of McDermott, the fights with a past prime Danny Williams was enough to see that he isn't too much of a threat. Had one good round out of 24 rounds with Williams and didn't even put him down!

There proper bringing Fury into these big fights already aren't they, fair play.

D-MiZe
07-13-2009, 07:01 AM
I just hope Fury has a chin, how ****ing amazing would he be if he had a granite chin.

He'd pretty much be unstoppable.

Dangerous Game
07-13-2009, 07:41 AM
McDermott is going to get killed.

elgaringo
07-13-2009, 07:43 AM
hes fast for his size too with good boxing ability. he just needs to learn to thump in an extra meaty dig when he needs to. thatll come with time and maturity tho

number6
07-13-2009, 10:23 AM
Big step up in class for Fury, McDermott is a tough fighter.

I would still expect Fury to get past him, but this will be no walk over for him.

D-MiZe
07-13-2009, 10:23 AM
For some reason I have a bad feeling about this fight....

:theyareon

mickey malone
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM

Superb quote! Typical Romany humor, but this will tell us a hell of a lot about Fury.. It's an ideal match at this stage of his career.. Contrary to some views, McDermott is no mug.. Ask Danny Williams, & most people think Williams would kill Fury.. I'm looking forward to this one..

Rocky...
07-13-2009, 11:52 AM
Superb quote! Typical Romany humor, but this will tell us a hell of a lot about Fury.. It's an ideal match at this stage of his career.. Contrary to some views, McDermott is no mug.. Ask Danny Williams, & most people think Williams would kill Fury.. I'm looking forward to this one..

Fury aint romany :nono:

Hes an irish gypo :boxing:

Shattered Jaw
07-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Fury will DOMINATE and stop him.

I can see a BRUTAL KO coming.

D-MiZe
07-13-2009, 03:17 PM
How are you guys so confident about the outcome?

:blackeye:

Sick/
07-13-2009, 03:20 PM
Tyson stuns himself by hitting himself again, then Mcdermott goes in for the kill.

D-MiZe
07-13-2009, 03:27 PM
I wish it was Fury-McDermott this weekend.

:lol1:

Gojira
07-13-2009, 03:31 PM
Im sure that Fury to win. McDermott is slow and easy to hit and wot get past the 3rd round.

Rocky...
07-13-2009, 03:34 PM
Tyson stuns himself by hitting himself again, then Mcdermott goes in for the kill.

Ive got a million points on fury over mcdermott, lets do it :boxing:

Freedom.
07-13-2009, 03:54 PM
11th September Fury fights McDermott for the English heavyweight championship.

How do you guys fancy Fury's chances?

McDermott is more experienced, but Fury is the stronger, better fighter.

Fury by KO, rounds five or six. It will be good for British boxing because it will get rid of McDermott, who doesn't seem to make a serious effort to become physically fit.

Roger Mellie
07-13-2009, 04:03 PM
Fury is on a roll and is always there with a funny quote. He shouldnt have too many probs with McDermott, but we are yet to see how he takes a shot. Other than punching himself no one has really tested his chin out yet. I dont think Mcdermott will be the one to do that though. Hopefully he will take him a few rounds.

amir khan
07-13-2009, 06:42 PM
while i am a fan of fury, i dont know why all of you say hes got great boxing ability... hes got a great offense no doubting that but defensively he is untested. He barely got hit against belshaw which is promising but he was crude. Im picking him by KO in this fight though and it shouldnt be a problem for big tyson :boxing:

ROSS CALIFORNIA
07-13-2009, 07:51 PM
Fury by KO.

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 08:16 PM
fury will destroy him.

Infern0
07-13-2009, 09:22 PM
**** yeah! War Fury!!!!!!!!

Infern0
07-13-2009, 09:28 PM
As long as Fury has at least an average jaw this will be an easy win, Mcdermott is there to be hit, and no-one can take too much off fury.

Gettin Jiggy
07-13-2009, 11:27 PM
tyson fury is damn right funny! and so is his dad!

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 08:35 AM
Fury aint romany :nono:

Hes an irish gypo :boxing:
Thanks for that! Thought he was.. Must'a been caught out by the accent.. Sounds more Romany than Tinker...

gingeralbino
07-14-2009, 08:49 AM
Thanks for that! Thought he was.. Must'a been caught out by the accent.. Sounds more Romany than Tinker...
he's been living in england too long............
So when he becomes champion of the world I'll be claiming him as Irish! Have there ever been an Irish HW champ?

D-MiZe
07-14-2009, 09:10 AM
he's been living in england too long............
So when he becomes champion of the world I'll be claiming him as Irish! Have there ever been an Irish HW champ?

He was born in Manchester, he's ours!

Do the Italians claim Calzaghe?

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 09:34 AM

I'm an Anglo Irish mungrel, & don't give a fvck..

gingeralbino
07-14-2009, 09:35 AM

probably.
I never tried to claim Micky Ward, but a HW champ would be different!
Im from NI so British/Irish I dont really care, would just be nice to have another Irish champion.

Roger Mellie
07-14-2009, 10:01 AM
Just remember that for every lennox lewis there is a greg rusedski!

mickey malone
07-14-2009, 05:00 PM
Just remember that for every lennox lewis there is a greg rusedski!
Or even a Conrad Bartelski lol..

Savino
07-14-2009, 06:51 PM
what channel is this on? ITV4 is it?

D-MiZe
07-14-2009, 06:52 PM
what channel is this on? ITV4 is it?

I'm guessing it will be.

joe strong
07-14-2009, 07:46 PM
fury has never been hit(except by himself LOL!)& mcdermott isn't to good from what I understand but I've never seen mcdermott fight.danny Williams should be next or rogan.fury needs to step up.how good really is he? All his opponents wouldn't even get a job sparring in the states...we will see

Savino
07-15-2009, 10:42 AM
fury has never been hit(except by himself LOL!)& mcdermott isn't to good from what I understand but I've never seen mcdermott fight.danny Williams should be next or rogan.fury needs to step up.how good really is he? All his opponents wouldn't even get a job sparring in the states...we will see

McDermott is quite a good fighter and in the first Williams fight he was robbed. He hasn't looked the same since the first fight with Danny and seems to of lost his confidence abit.

I think a fight with someone like Scott Gammer would be a good challenge for him too at this stage in his career.

Clegg
07-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Yeah, I think Gammer would be a good opponent for him as well.

According to boxrec, Fury is fighting a guy with a losing record at the weekend:(

I think Fury vs McDermott will be a great scrap, D Cup likes to brawl and can take punishment, so I think it'll be exciting, but Fury will KO him in about 6 rounds.

Decypher
07-15-2009, 05:32 PM
McDermott is quite a good fighter and in the first Williams fight he was robbed.

Most of the press there had it for Danny I think. McDermott had one strong round and some point deductions against Danny in his favour.

Savino
07-15-2009, 06:08 PM
Most of the press there had it for Danny I think. McDermott had one strong round and some point deductions against Danny in his favour.

I remember watching it with few mates who don't like Boxing and they even thought McDermott won. I thought he won myself like.