View Full Version : Nathan Cleverly

D-MiZe
07-12-2009, 05:59 AM
Overrated and isn't going to perform on the World stage.

I seriously can't see what people see in this guy?

He'd lose to Jefferies if Jefferies moves back up to LHW.

Sir Tom Jones
07-12-2009, 07:12 AM
the guy in your signature is overrated.

he doesn't deserve a shot at wlad or vitali.

D-MiZe
07-12-2009, 09:23 AM
the guy in your signature is overrated.

he doesn't deserve a shot at wlad or vitali.

He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion. I don't think he deserves a shot at the two either, would much rather watch him fight 5 other top heavyweights first.

amir khan
07-12-2009, 09:48 AM
i think its a bit harsh to write him off yet, i think his next fight is good to see where hes at

NigelBenn
07-12-2009, 10:09 AM
his next fight will determine how good he is, I think he will certainly get himself in line for a world title.

he certainly whips in vicious body shots.

Freedom2014
07-12-2009, 10:31 AM

I don't see why anyone would be a fan of a fraud like Haye, and not like a truly talented fighter like Nathan Cleverly! :wtf:

Nathan's become my favorite UK fighter since Joe retired. He has fast hands, with sharp reflexes and excellent lateral movement. He seems to have become stronger as he's matured during the past year or so.

I think Cleverly may become the best British fighter. Froch will be exposed in the upcoming supermiddleweight tournament, and Haye will be destroyed by Vitali.

Freedom2014
07-12-2009, 10:37 AM
He was the undisputed cruiserweight champion. I don't think he deserves a shot at the two either, would much rather watch him fight 5 other top heavyweights first.

How was he undisputed? He ducked the IBF champion at the time Steve Cunningham, and never fought top people like Adamek, Jones, Wlodarczyk and Arslan. Those later four have good chins.

Haye hand-picked the notoriously china-chinned Gurov instead of someone like the more solid Brudov, and chose the chinny Maccarinelli over the slick and quick Steve Cunningham. Oh yes, and Haye fought old shot Mormeck, who had already been stopped by O'Neil Bell.

beecherhq
07-12-2009, 10:40 AM

Bull****, what makes you think jeffries could beat him? because you've seen him beat up some tomato cans.

amir khan
07-12-2009, 10:57 AM
Bull****, what makes you think jeffries could beat him? because you've seen him beat up some tomato cans.

cosign, who knows what jefferies defense is like, and his chin and his ringsmarts......

Sick/
07-12-2009, 10:59 AM
How was he undisputed? He ducked the IBF champion at the time Steve Cunningham, and never fought top people like Adamek, Jones, Wlodarczyk and Arslan. Those later four have good chins.

Haye hand-picked the notoriously china-chinned Gurov instead of someone like the more solid Brudov, and chose the chinny Maccarinelli over the slick and quick Steve Cunningham. Oh yes, and Haye fought old shot Mormeck, who had already been stopped by O'Neil Bell.

Haye would have knocked Steve Cuntingham out.

Giacobbe Fragomeni was a good win though :grouphug:

D-MiZe
07-12-2009, 03:34 PM
<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjyCZ9gL7_A&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YjyCZ9gL7_A&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Danster0507
07-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Cleverly is a decent fighter but I don't think he's anything that special. I see him getting to world title contender sort of level but nothing more. Who knows though he could very well prove me wrong.

tomhead69
07-13-2009, 10:44 AM
i think he will go far i try and base my style on his same hight but im abit bigger wanna try get the same shape as him
btw i aint a stalker

Sir Tom Jones
07-16-2009, 05:54 AM
http://photos-b.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc1/hs085.snc1/4779_222549455595_549955595_7456329_1528963_n.jpg

off his facebook.

D-MiZe
07-16-2009, 05:55 AM
Look at McIntosh.

:haha:

Sir Tom Jones
07-16-2009, 06:00 AM
mr muscles.

hookoutofhell
07-16-2009, 02:48 PM
I don't see why anyone would be a fan of a fraud like Haye, and not like a truly talented fighter like Nathan Cleverly! :wtf:

Nathan's become my favorite UK fighter since Joe retired. He has fast hands, with sharp reflexes and excellent lateral movement. He seems to have become stronger as he's matured during the past year or so.

I think Cleverly may become the best British fighter. Froch will be exposed in the upcoming supermiddleweight tournament, and Haye will be destroyed by Vitali.

i think quite highly of cleverly as well.

i dont think he has exceptionally quick hands but he has reasonably quick hands and very good ring smarts for a boxer with such little experience. he picks his shots well, has good timing and uses excellent footwork.

as he is growing into the 175lb frame he is becoming stronger, his right uppercut (which was always a well timed and executed shot) now has a bit more venom behind it and his increasing power means that we've seen more variety from him (lately he has started going to the body as well).

i think right now hed beat froch, johnson and a few others at LHW. ultimately i think he will end up in the CW division though he is a very big guy and has the frame to move up.

p.s. i think froch will be exposed, khan is a weak fighter, but haye will take vitali out imo

D-MiZe
07-18-2009, 10:46 PM
For being such a delusional cunt, I have placed Cleverly in my avatar.

southpaw_07
07-19-2009, 02:15 AM
Nice win over the arrogant smiling **** McIntosh, hope the latter retire now, McIntosh got nothing left on domestic level let alone outside UK. Limited arrogant bastard whos no longer smiling :D

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 02:16 AM
McIntosh is a decent fighter..

But was just being a bell end trying to tire Cleverly out.

Rocky...
07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Good performance by Cleverly hes definatly a top prospect, can see him going far.

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 02:58 AM
Looks like that lucky charm Mangler sent you is working Rocky.

:lol1:

Rocky...
07-19-2009, 03:13 AM
Looks like that lucky charm Mangler sent you is working Rocky.

:lol1: Aye looks like it

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 03:36 AM
Who's your next big bet on Rocky?

Rocky...
07-19-2009, 03:50 AM
Who's your next big bet on Rocky?

Dont know yet man :D

im on a mission to become the richest user on here, might go all in on a fight soon :lol1:

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 03:50 AM

im on a mission to become the richest user on here, might go all in on a fight soon :lol1:

Your 3 mil on McDermott vs my 10k on Fury.

Gorgeous George
07-19-2009, 03:54 AM

your going to make a fortune on the smw tourney! them yanks are going to be behind their yank fighters the whole way...

Rocky...
07-19-2009, 07:26 AM
Your 3 mil on McDermott vs my 10k on Fury.

:lol1: no chance, fury is the man :boxing:

your going to make a fortune on the smw tourney! them yanks are going to be behind their yank fighters the whole way...

Yeah your right barry, plenty points to be won :banana:

D-MiZe
07-19-2009, 07:32 AM
I take it you're backing Diaz to beat Malignaggi too?

:D

ironalex
07-19-2009, 07:41 AM
i think hes a very good fighter, especially for his age, and jeffries to beat him?!?! hahahaha...jeffries is an absolute BUM, hes just a ticket seller thats why frank gets in eastern european taxi drivers for him to beat on. cleverly is 10 leagues above jeffries....look at who jeffries has beaten and look who clevery has beaten...and how hes beaten them, big difference...i was never a fan of clev in the beginning, but he has matured into a very good fighter.

ironalex
07-19-2009, 07:42 AM
diaz will p iss on malig, malig cant crack an egg with a hammer, that will be his downfall.

Freedom2014
07-19-2009, 02:42 PM

You're an idiot. :stupid:

He looked great yesterday, and I think he's the best young British fighter.

NorvernRob
07-19-2009, 02:44 PM
I was really impressed with him last night, certainly looks the best British prospect at the moment.

Sir Tom Jones
07-19-2009, 09:14 PM
Saw his dad today walking past by house coming home from the spar lol

Sick/
07-19-2009, 09:18 PM
Saw his dad today walking past by house coming home from the spar lol

Have you seen the legand Gary lockett?

Sir Tom Jones
07-19-2009, 09:30 PM
Have you seen the legand Gary lockett?

lol. sadly no. was going to join a boxing gym near my uni which he occasionally visited however. i didn't end up going to that gym so didn't get the chance/

D-MiZe
07-20-2009, 06:04 AM
You're an idiot. :stupid:

He looked great yesterday, and I think he's the best young British fighter.

Read my posts after that.

Why do you think he's in my avatar now?

NigelBenn
07-20-2009, 08:24 AM
after a couple of British defences I'd like to see him challenge Jones.

hookoutofhell
07-20-2009, 01:42 PM
what does everyone think about cleverly after his recent win. tbh i was surprised at his ability to go toe to toe with a heavier handed puncher like mcintosh and make him respect his authority. either cleverly really is beginning to hit hard now or he has a very good chin.

just out of interest where do people see him now? personally i think hes bordering on the top 10 LHW rankings. id like to see him make a few defences of his british title, i think hes also got more than enough to match anyone on the euro stage but i think cleverly has to be careful.

he needs only look at juan diaz who mixed his studies and competitive fights and the two didn't mix. i think he should finish his degree first and then look to make a real go of his LHW career.

D-MiZe
07-20-2009, 01:45 PM
either cleverly really is beginning to hit hard now or he has a very good chin.

How about both?

But I think he's still getting more power, the knockdowns on McIntosh were flash and McIntosh admitted he was hurt until the last knockdown. I'd rather Cleverly keep his speed tbh.

NigelBenn
07-20-2009, 02:15 PM
what does everyone think about cleverly after his recent win. tbh i was surprised at his ability to go toe to toe with a heavier handed puncher like mcintosh and make him respect his authority. either cleverly really is beginning to hit hard now or he has a very good chin.

just out of interest where do people see him now? personally i think hes bordering on the top 10 LHW rankings. id like to see him make a few defences of his british title, i think hes also got more than enough to match anyone on the euro stage but i think cleverly has to be careful.

he needs only look at juan diaz who mixed his studies and competitive fights and the two didn't mix. i think he should finish his degree first and then look to make a real go of his LHW career.

his power has started to come through over his last few fights, even his opponents said that.

He has another year before he graduates, in that time he can easily take apart the British scene and grab a European title before finally making the step up.

hookoutofhell
07-21-2009, 07:00 AM
How about both?

But I think he's still getting more power, the knockdowns on McIntosh were flash and McIntosh admitted he was hurt until the last knockdown. I'd rather Cleverly keep his speed tbh.

lol maybe he does have power and a chin you're right. i think cleverly is really growing into the 175lb frame his body is alot thicker than it was before, his muscle definition is there to see and his power is visibly increasing meaning he now has more in his arsenal i.e. body shots).

imo cleverly is fairly fast but hes no calzaghe/dawson, but when you have clevs timing and accuracy speed is not as important.

Jim Jeffries
08-16-2009, 08:28 PM
lol maybe he does have power and a chin you're right. i think cleverly is really growing into the 175lb frame his body is alot thicker than it was before, his muscle definition is there to see and his power is visibly increasing meaning he now has more in his arsenal i.e. body shots).

imo cleverly is fairly fast but hes no calzaghe/dawson, but when you have clevs timing and accuracy speed is not as important.

Just watched Cleverly/McIntosh and was impressed by Nathan's hooks to the body. And he stood up to the incredible number of fouls by McIntosh throughout the fight. Seemed like every clinch, DM was rabbit or kidney punching him while holding. Nate looks a couple of years away from the World stage, if he continues to improve and his chin doesn't turn out to be pure glass. Will need to work on his power some more to get guys out of there earlier.

Didn't Demise just list Cleverly as one of his top 3 favorite boxers?