View Full Version : Underrated poor decision"s the get overlooked

Dynamite Kid
07-11-2009, 08:34 PM
Underrated poor decision's that get overlooked, decision's that get shoved to one side and not talked about because the guy who possibly should/could of got the decision was not a particularly great fighter.

I would have to watch it again because its been a while but i thought David Kamau beat Chavez.

I had Calvin Grove beating Nelson and possibly Ruelas to.

Nigel Benn vs Malinga 1

Eubank vs Schommer

Morales vs Espadas

I dont know exactly know how good Lopez was, so no disrespect to him, but as i stated the other day i thought he beat Quartey.

Bushbaby
07-11-2009, 08:44 PM
Recently,Mosley-DLH-2
Berto-Collazo

talip bin osman
07-11-2009, 08:49 PM
the first ledwaba-baloyi fight...

poor... poor decision that was underrated...

mickey malone
07-12-2009, 11:31 AM
Henry Wharton Vs Fidel Castro Smith (AKA Slugger O'Toole) ****... Why don't I remember him when the boxers with a funny name threads come up?

Anyone remember this? I'm a great admirer of Wharton, but this fight is a perfect example.. During the 80's, Smith had done very well on the MW & SMW domestic scene, but was past his prime & considered a risk free test against unbeaten up & coming KO merchant, Wharton.. In fact, Wharton had just broken into the worlds top 10, & was considered a very hot prospect.. In my opinion, this was a really bad day at the office for Henry.. I watched it with a dozen or so mates, & it was universally agreed that he had only won the 1st & the last rounds.. We were all dumbfounded to hear a UD for Wharton.. Even Wharton was shocked, as Castro shed tears.. Wharton even kinda apologized to him.. I still keep in touch with at least half of the guys, & If ever there's a get together, it sure as hell gets mentioned, & I believe, always will..

Another one was Glenn Catley's 1st attempt at a world title.. WBC SM V's Ritchie Woodhall.. Even Ritchie protested that Catley had won.. So typical of him.. One of the nicest men in sport...