View Full Version : (POLL)Who Do You Think Should Be Rated Higher In A ATG List? Floyd Mayweather Or.....

cotto16
07-10-2009, 05:34 PM
Carmen Basilio..............

TredKiller
07-10-2009, 05:43 PM
well this is very random,

resume's:

PBF: hernendez, manfredy, augustus, corralas, castillo, judah, gatti, de la hoya, hatton.

basilio: O'Brien, ike williams, Graham, DeMarco, Saxton, robinson.

basilio 2 division champ

floyd 4 division champ

skills: id say PBF had better skills,

id rank PBF higher

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 06:51 PM

resume's:

PBF: hernendez, manfredy, augustus, corralas, castillo, judah, gatti, de la hoya, hatton.

basilio 2 division champ

floyd 4 division champ

id rank PBF higher
You've sussed it..

TredKiller
07-10-2009, 06:58 PM
You've sussed it..

wtf! wat does that mean???

JAB5239
07-11-2009, 07:33 AM

resume's:

basilio 2 division champ

floyd 4 division champ

id rank PBF higher

Id rank Basilio higher. Besides who you've mentioned you can add Gil Turner, Art Aragon, Chuck Davey, Gaspar Ortega, Gene Fullmer, Paul Pender and Kid Gavilan. Carmen may not have been as skilled but he fought better fighters including 5 hall of famers and the p4p best fighter ever. Floyds resume just doesn't stack up to his in my opinion.

RightCross94
07-11-2009, 07:51 AM
basilio is a great fighter, but floyd is greater

JAB5239
07-11-2009, 08:05 AM
basilio is a great fighter, but floyd is greater

How so? You can say he's more talented, but that doesn't prove anything. What ifs mean little. We can only go by who the fighters fought and beat. Basilio fought better fighters. Doesn't matter how you look winning. As the old saying goes "its better to win ugly than lose pretty". Basilio did this against most of his era's best. Many more top fighters than Floyd.

If Floyd would have taken on more top fighters he would probably rank higher, but he didn't. The only division he dominated was 130. He could of done so much more after that but chose not to.

Abstraction
07-11-2009, 08:51 AM
I dont care about Mayweather, i know their fans are idiots, but Cotto fans are pathetic

mickey malone
07-11-2009, 09:04 AM
wtf! wat does that mean???
To the untravelled man it means, What the Fvck..
Sussed=Clued up.. And it appears you aint..

Brockton Lip
07-11-2009, 10:10 AM
I voted for Basilio but wasn't sure. Mayweather is undefeated and was in more divisions; Basilio fought the better competition and beat arguably the best pound for pound fighter ever.
I give Basilio the edge based on competition fought.