View Full Version : **** you EA sports.

street bully
07-08-2009, 05:00 PM
You guys created the best boxing game with FNR4. A game in which throwing random punches would get you no where, and took skill to play rather than touching what ever you could, but now along with the body spammers we will have to deal with scrubs that will be pressing random buttons. Unless they make a seperate online league for everyone not using the default settings online play will go to ****.

**** you EA.

THE REED™
07-08-2009, 05:01 PM
Agrreed 232402893408274%

ИATAS
07-08-2009, 05:10 PM
I agree 100% as well man.

And before anyone knocks me I fight with skill only. I don't spam or use cheat tactics. I'm 80-5 online and ranked 199 in the world. I use mainly pernell whitaker & james toney, guys that you need to use good defense to pull off wins, especially when playing as toney against guys like Ali, george foreman or Mike Tyson.

There are already at TON of spammers as it is, but they suck. Now it's going to double or triple or quadruple in spammers thanks to the buttons.

EA got greedy. The sales for this game have already surpassed what they were expecting. They say it's for sales, and yet this game has been #1 since it came out. boooooooooo

#1Assassin
07-08-2009, 05:14 PM
agreed. ea ****ed up.

Kobe Bryant
07-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I could care less. Only problem I have is that there are not enough boxers in the game.

THE REED™
07-08-2009, 05:17 PM
I could care less. Only problem I have is that there are not enough boxers in the game.

so you actually do care?

Kobe Bryant
07-08-2009, 05:21 PM
so you actually do care?

Uhhhh no? I could care less about them adding the old controller system. Didn't think I had to explain if fully.

I wish there were more boxers though. So yes I do care about that????

THE REED™
07-08-2009, 05:23 PM
Uhhhh no? I could care less about them adding the old controller system. Didn't think I had to explain if fully.

I wish there were more boxers though. So yes I do care about that????

Ok, so... you just said... you DO care about them adding the controller systemm,,

street bully
07-08-2009, 05:24 PM
**** this ****. I use JMM to fight 6 feet tall LW behemoths with 82 inch reaches that spam already, and now I have to deal with button smashers. **** that. Unless they make a seperate league for everyone using different configurations online will suck.

Kobe Bryant
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
Ok, so... you just said... you DO care about them adding the controller systemm,,

Ok so you are trying to be a smart ass or something?? I guess. Do you want points for owning me or something?

ИATAS
07-08-2009, 05:28 PM
you know what though, the buttons aren't going to be the same as fight night round 3, that's something that needs to be considered. The entire game is so different, you can't just haymaker away and parry like a lot of the button pushers did on fight night round 3, that's what made them so successful. Think about it. They are going to have to learn a whole new system.

To be honest, I really don't think it's going to be too big of a deal, besides a few more button smashers who for the most part are easy to beat anyways.

With the announcement of buttons, at the same time EA stated that the TPC is still the best configuration. They are right.

THE REED™
07-08-2009, 05:28 PM
Ok so you are trying to be a smart ass or something?? I guess. Do you want points for owning me or something?

no, but thanks for asking.... your statement clearly says that you do care to a degree... so i was just clarifying

Kobe Bryant
07-08-2009, 05:30 PM
no, but thanks for asking.... your statement clearly says that you do care to a degree... so i was just clarifying

Ok...............................

Kobe Bryant
07-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I'll stick to using the analog. The buttons though will push my brother to finally get the game though. So it'll be fun whippin his arse.

CiganoBoxer
07-08-2009, 05:36 PM
What are you guys on about??? you still cant use buttons to punch !?
So what have they changed?

Mersey
07-08-2009, 06:11 PM
The new patch allows you to use buttons.

What are you guys on about??? you still cant use buttons to punch !?
So what have they changed?

I don't mind the button bashers getting their config now, the spammers are the easiest fighters to beat on FN4.

robjr
07-08-2009, 06:23 PM
people really fail to realize using the stick or the buttons dont matter. to be successful you cant button mash, or shake the stick to victory. you need ot be tactical and pick your shots to win. a button masher, or stick shaker's stamina will be dead in no time and you will be KO'd in no time.. street bully your a good poster bro. but i just gota disagree with you here. control scheme dont matter. its whatever works best for the individual.

BetterCallSaul
07-08-2009, 07:18 PM
EA are just money hungry idiots.

Any downloadable content short of, whole new game modes, and new boxers, should be free.

I guarantee you that some of the boxers they release as dlc were already made before the game released. They just want to make even more money out of us. When you pay £39.99 for a video game, you expect the whole lot.

Left2body
07-08-2009, 08:04 PM
I totally don't agree. There are already spammers and mashers just that they are spamming and mashing with the stick.

Those same people who don't know **** with the stick will still know **** with the buttons and the same spamming will commence. How quickly people forget how naieve they were to think that having ONLY TPC would eliminate mashers.

The claims were so ludicrous that all mashers were due to buttons. But now that its CLEAR as day that its not a button problem but a community problem (there will always be mashers).

Buttons would actually allow a greater skill set to evolve since it will actually give you the punches you want every time.

Getting rid of buttons was never a solution. A real solution would be for EA has to do is create a modifier for multiple presses. A boxer should not be able to throw 5 Left hooks or 10 right hands as fast as someone else can throw left-right left-right. Effective combos should go faster than the same hand multiple times.

F l i c k e r
07-08-2009, 08:17 PM
It's good for me then. Button smashers waste stamina. You waste stamina against me a counter puncher; instant KO moment, all the time. :friday:

DIB42
07-08-2009, 08:50 PM
I agree 100% as well man.

And before anyone knocks me I fight with skill only. I don't spam or use cheat tactics. I'm 80-5 online and ranked 199 in the world. I use mainly pernell whitaker & james toney, guys that you need to use good defense to pull off wins, especially when playing as toney against guys like Ali, george foreman or Mike Tyson.

There are already at TON of spammers as it is, but they suck. Now it's going to double or triple or quadruple in spammers thanks to the buttons.

EA got greedy. The sales for this game have already surpassed what they were expecting. They say it's for sales, and yet this game has been #1 since it came out. boooooooooo

I'm up for either, buttons or sticks, there are spammers either way, but i feel because of people like you, its ok to have buttons or sticks, because you play with skill and win that it proves to me that skill beats spam, and people just need to adjust their strategy to defeat spammers, if enough players who take it seriously would learn to defeat spammers, it would force spammers to change their play, and evolve, or only compete on the lower levels (much like alot of real life sluggers)

I'm aware that its more fun to compete against a skillfull opponent, but i think thats also very similar to real life boxing, as you get better you or network (either or) you can pick and choose who you fight, when you're new and just looking for anyone to fight, you'll have to deal with alot of BullSh** fighters.

I bought the game on Xbox, cause i've broken a bunch of ps controllers using the analogs, so now i am a tad disapointed i didn't purchase it for the PS3, but either way, this decision makes no difference to me, i am a firm believer that spammers will spam reguardless of which controller scheme, so buttons or analog doesn't matter, and skillfull fighters will overcome reguardless of controller scheme, if anything, it gives skillfull fighters who like the buttons an advantage, to be able to string together combos quicker, which suggests a need for a seperate league.

Equilibrium
07-08-2009, 11:37 PM
Word. But the majority of people were *****ing. You have to realize that the majority of people in this world are ****ing retards who would rather have everything given to them rather than work for it.

EA didn't want to put button control, that shows that the dev team really wanted people to practice to get good a the game.

The game releases...they get 200,000 emails that goes a little something like this:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

y no butons controlz? stick iz too harrd i want to pwn noobz lulz

i liek to roll my face on my controlerz and still pwn YOU SUCKZZZZ EAAAAAAAAA!!!!111111

Gimmeh buttonz NAO!"

And they change the game.

Left2body
07-08-2009, 11:53 PM
Word. But the majority of people were *****ing. You have to realize that the majority of people in this world are ****ing retards who would rather have everything given to them rather than work for it.

EA didn't want to put button control, that shows that the dev team really wanted people to practice to get good a the game.

The game releases...they get 200,000 emails that goes a little something like this:

"WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHH

y no butons controlz? stick iz too harrd i want to pwn noobz lulz

i liek to roll my face on my controlerz and still pwn YOU SUCKZZZZ EAAAAAAAAA!!!!111111

Gimmeh buttonz NAO!"

And they change the game.

Thats just an idiotic statement. I am nasty at the sticks and I still see how buttons are better. You can throw better longer stringed double handed combo's.

If your good enough to beat a stick spammer with skill you will be able to beat a button spammer.

Equilibrium
07-09-2009, 12:23 AM
Thats just an idiotic statement. I am nasty at the sticks and I still see how buttons are better. You can throw better longer stringed double handed combo's.

If your good enough to beat a stick spammer with skill you will be able to beat a button spammer.

I think i hit a nerve but it's ok. Playing with the buttons just makes the game easier. If you play online with buttons you get nothing from me. The stick system is the way the game should be played, it's much more fun since you have to go through the motions of the punches.

But of course you're going to be able to throw better combos using the buttons, because it's easier since you can just button mash and be throwing sick combos. You just proved my point while trying to say it was idiotic.

This arguement is just way to familiar, i have it all the time with my friends when we play fight night round 3. A couple of them use the buttons and i still beat the **** out of them, but if they would be forced to use the stick i would just beat them even worse.

-EX-
07-09-2009, 01:32 AM
My only complaint is that I played for 3-4 hours straight and a few of my fingers started hurting...

Piece of shyt EA...

street bully
07-09-2009, 01:23 PM
My only complaint is that I played for 3-4 hours straight and a few of my fingers started hurting...

Piece of shyt EA...

You're smashing them buttons already?

robjr
07-09-2009, 02:09 PM
why are tpc people *****ing so much? people can spam with buttons. people can spam with the stick. people can fight tactical with buttons or stick. mashing wont win u the match anyways. a decent fighter lets u waste yer stamina then ko's u early. done.

Sick/
07-09-2009, 02:21 PM
The game was always garbage

-EX-
07-09-2009, 10:52 PM
You're smashing them buttons already?

Nah I be workin that stick like a pro(that sounded really gay)

KnockoutTheFat
07-09-2009, 10:58 PM

Whoa there.

keepthemhandsup
07-09-2009, 11:36 PM

damnnnn :rofl:

Left2body
07-10-2009, 01:44 AM
I think i hit a nerve but it's ok. Playing with the buttons just makes the game easier. If you play online with buttons you get nothing from me. The stick system is the way the game should be played, it's much more fun since you have to go through the motions of the punches.

But of course you're going to be able to throw better combos using the buttons, because it's easier since you can just button mash and be throwing sick combos. You just proved my point while trying to say it was idiotic.

This arguement is just way to familiar, i have it all the time with my friends when we play fight night round 3. A couple of them use the buttons and i still beat the **** out of them, but if they would be forced to use the stick i would just beat them even worse.

The idiotic point of your post is that all people who want the buttons are whinners or who want to just button mash.

The second part of your arguement is also self contradictory. People button mashing wont be able to throw good combo's consistently. Button mashers are defined by just high volume of their punches not the quality of their combo's.

I have no problems with button masher or stick spammers in either console.

DonTaseMeBrah
07-10-2009, 01:52 AM
You guys created the best boxing game with FNR4. A game in which throwing random punches would get you no where, and took skill to play rather than touching what ever you could, but now along with the body spammers we will have to deal with scrubs that will be pressing random buttons. Unless they make a seperate online league for everyone not using the default settings online play will go to ****.

**** you EA.

what happend street? thought the game was perfect? body spammers are a pain in the ass. u gotta learnd to block 2 the body then counter. usually if u play a body spammer try not to pick tall players. u just gotta master the blocking & countering.