View Full Version : Who Is Boxings WORST Role Model?

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 07:44 PM
Plenty to choose from here...

Seeming as we've nearly exhausted the Best Role Model thread, thought I'd turn it round a bit.... Regards MM

0Rooster4Life0
07-04-2009, 07:47 PM
ohhhhh

your just asking for arguements....:boxing:

Cotto Rules
07-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Panama Lewis coz he's a criminal.
Ricky Hatton coz he's not serious and always out of shape.
Ike Ibeabuchi coz he raped.
Sonny Liston cause he used to go VERY hard on prostitutes(hospital).
Joe Calzaghe cause he hid in Wales all his life and fought everybody when they were 73 years old.
Charlie Zelenoff coz he sucks balls big time./

TheGreatA
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
Out of the famous boxers I'd say Carlos Monzon. By all accounts a very unstable man, except in the ring.

The worst? Probably Jo-el Scott or James Butler.

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:04 PM
Objectively speaking, I'd have to go with Joe Louis and Ray Robinson. If only everybody knew the truth about them.

TheGreatA
07-04-2009, 08:06 PM
Objectively speaking, I'd have to go with Joe Louis and Ray Robinson. If only everybody knew the truth about them.

Your act is getting tired.

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:24 PM
Your act is getting tired.

Aren't you getting tired of all this stalking? Are you mad?

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:37 PM
Remember this?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195982

It's the same guy. A certified troll.

Ah yes! Good old Rafael Benitez who claimed he was a boxing trainer and then later JulioCesa(r)Chavez. What a hypocrite seein as how under Rafael Benitez he was squawking about what a worthles bum-beater Marciano was:

Marciano was overrated. If he fought Liston isntead of being a chicken he would have bean beaten to a pulp. He struggled against slow old men like Walcott and a washed up Charles. I reckon most top heavies from each era would have wiped the floor with him. Do u really think he could stand in there with Big Klitchko, Lewis, Holyfied or even Samuel Peter?LOL. Way too easy to hit. He was lucky that Italians loved boxing at the time, it was number one in sports and he had no competition.

Only idiots who have no fight dvd's (i have 1000+ 500vhs) and haven't seen much would rate 'the rock'. The best of his era were old men, and even then he was getting outboxed by the painfully slow Jersey Joe Walcott (equivalent to a journeyman like glen johnson)just by looking at footage one can see he wouldn't stand a chance aginst a Prime Roy Jones, the old Hopkins or even our Clinton Woods! Never mind any genuine heavyweight. He didn't lose coz he didn't fight anybody. Look at all the best, they lost coz they fought the best. He knew he had to retire early or get ko'd by the up and coming fighters! Smart guy but still rubbish.

I've seen every major boxing match that took place in the past 100 years and every Marciano title fight. Walcott was an old slow man and even then he had to hit the man when he was down because he was being outboxed. Marciano is overrated because he was the white hope in a segragated America where they believed they were evolutionarily superior. Marciano never beat anybody decent in their prime and was lucky he was in a dead era. The truth is he was overrated and would lose to many of todays light heavyweights including Calzaghe Hopkins and maybe even Tarver. People who know boxing know he is not a top ten heavyweight. Don't get upset, it is the truth.

LOL some Marciano advocates believe Joe Louis was not totally over the hill when Marciano fought him!!! He was pulled out of retirment and looked more washed up than the shores of Blackpool. Just because Rocky was crap and made a meal out of him and the other old men he fought doesn't mean they were not washed up. Also he did not fight everyone around at his time and retired early to avoid the likes of Sonny liston, Cleveland Williams etc. Even so, it may not be his fault but still exposed his weaknesses. He struggled with Walcott who was average, slow and ever so OLD. It took a dirty shot and there was never to be a rematch in segregated america that needed their hero so bad. He was so easy to hit it was a joke. Completely outboxed for many rouns. Marciano would lose to David Haye in about 2 rounds.

I think he is not even in the top 20 in the heavyweight division of all time. It pisses me off when people think he was in the top 5 or even the best! ROFL. Why does he always pop up on p4p lists? He was absolutely ****!

I see you did your hours long homework on me. That's sweet.

THIS is coming from the guy who has several TheGreatA accounts, several Manmachine accounts as well as other alts such as Southpaw16. And if you want to deny this, then how are they so similar like you? After all mate, you're just mad that there are more people that agree with me such as the lad you posted here behind his back.

Stick to the thunderdome with that crap.

This thread is to expose Louis' perversities.

If by that you mean you have around 5 alts, then yes you are right mate.

Maybe you should step up your stalking game, so that I won't notice it's your alt that's following me around every time. For Gods sake is it that hard not to talk like a robot?

Well well, doesn't that make him just look "special"? Can we say "busted"? Nice job GreatA!

Poet

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:40 PM
You are under review for a ban for spamming over 5 threads with that idiotic accusation with no proof.

How does a lad that hates Marciano become my alt? You missed something called logic ever since Tunney took away your soul.

GJC
07-04-2009, 08:45 PM
Do you not think that is well over the top?
By all means discount Louis as a positive role model for womansing, I think that is harsh but I wouldn't argue that there are others that could be justifiably rated as better role models.
But to say that Louis and SRR are the worst role models when there are boxers that have been convicted murderers, rapists and armed robbers etc is just plain stupid.

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:48 PM
By all means discount Louis as a positive role model for womansing, I think that is harsh but I wouldn't argue that there are others that could be justifiably rated as better role models.
But to say that Louis and SRR are the worst role models when there are boxers that have been convicted murderers, rapists and armed robbers etc is just plain stupid.

He's busted :rofl:

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:50 PM
You are under review for a ban for spamming over 5 threads with that idiotic accusation with no proof.

How does a lad that hates Marciano become my alt? You missed something called logic ever since Tunney took away your soul.

Your admission of guilt:

I see you did your hours long homework on me. That's sweet.

THIS is coming from the guy who has several TheGreatA accounts, several Manmachine accounts as well as other alts such as Southpaw16. And if you want to deny this, then how are they so similar like you? After all mate, you're just mad that there are more people that agree with me such as the lad you posted here behind his back.

Stick to the thunderdome with that crap.

This thread is to expose Louis' perversities.

Maybe you should step up your stalking game, so that I won't notice it's your alt that's following me around every time. For Gods sake is it that hard not to talk like a robot?

:haha: :rofl:

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:51 PM

And now I'm off to the vbPlaza to buy TheGreatA a medel for busting your trolling ass :rofl:

Poet

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:53 PM

All of those fighters are actually famous for it. We all know about it. With these 2 however, everybody truly is convinced they were perfect in every way. And the worst thing is for a role model to be exposed as a womaniser, wife beater, faker etc.

BOLLOCKS
07-04-2009, 08:54 PM
James Kirkland. :D

GJC
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
All of those fighters are actually famous for it. We all know about it. With these 2 however, everybody truly is convinced they were perfect in every way. And the worst thing is for a role model to be exposed as a womaniser, wife beater, faker etc.
I am sure that most people are aware of their defects but as you say there are famous murderers, rapists armed robbers so surely you will agree they must be worse role models than Louis or SRR?
Or is beating your wife worse than murdering her in your opinion?

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:56 PM
Your admission of guilt:

:haha: :rofl:

Where exactly do I admit to anything? You need proof which you don't. How exactly is a Marciano hater an alt of a Marciano fan?

And busted? If I was busted I'd look like this

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

note the busted face

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:58 PM
I am sure that most people are aware of their defects but as you say there are famous murderers, rapists armed robbers so surely you will agree they must be worse role models than Louis or SRR?
Or is beating your wife worse than murdering her in your opinion?

Getting away with it is worse.

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:58 PM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

note the busted face

:rofl: Keep giving me the free advertising: I'm proud of my poetry AND my videos :D

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 09:05 PM
Where exactly do I admit to anything? You need proof which you don't. How exactly is a Marciano hater an alt of a Marciano fan?

note the busted face

Oh, and because I'm not a superficial twat like you and Tunney and couldn't give a rat-fvck what anyone thinks of my looks or choice in clothing and hairstyles :rofl:

Poet

TheGreatA
07-04-2009, 09:12 PM

It's ridiculous for you to even try to deny it at this point.

In case you need any more proof, mate:

She may have thought you were me, and might have fallen for the film star looks and fighter of the night trophy! This silly alt conspiracy may have worked out for you fella...

If Malvada really does think we are one, then she is TWICE as obsessed than I initially thought. I am beginning to feel sorry for the stalker and feel bad about calling her arseface. .

I couldn't find it in the search as I'm not one of the geek freak crew . It was only a question no need to write an autobiography. Never done time mate, I got a first class degree with honours despite my intelligence problems after scoring only 157 on an IQ test. Stop talking about zip flies, I ain't like them limey's!

You're inability to answer the questions peaks volumes. Enjoy being a conformist and licking mods bumholes you *****. You really got me there! I really cared about being banned for puttng **** in their place. Try to stay on topic and deal with issue. As Marciano gets rated in top 5 p4p, how is he not overrated? How does struggling v old men make him capable of surviving the 70's? You and you're mate logan should share a padded cell.

Also, I cannot actually believe you are dumb enough to think I am Rafael Benitez. I know he has a doctorate in sports science, but why would the manager of world's best teambe posting on a boxing forum!!! Retarded geek go upload me some fights now and do my homework too.

Make it less obvious next time. I admit praising Marciano instead of hating him fooled me and others for a while, although I always had my doubts, but it also exposes that you're nothing but an internet troll seeking for attention.

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 09:25 PM
It's ridiculous for you to even try to deny it at this point.

In case you need any more proof, mate:

Make it less obvious next time. I admit praising Marciano instead of hating him fooled me and others for a while, although I always had my doubts, but it also exposes that you're nothing but an internet troll seeking for attention.

That's your proof? That's speculation mate. If that's proof then I have proof that Southpaw16 IS your alt because both of your talk exactly the same. Posting youtube vids, posting old info and instigate flame wars with me.

How about you get confirmation from any mod or admin out there. You're just paranoid and went out of character here because you spend countless hours on me the past few days. That's cute but it doesn't do anything for you lad.

Joe Louis and Ray Robinson are not role models, get over it. Are you mad? Tough luck, it doesn't change the fact that they were womanising abusers.

Cotto Rules
07-04-2009, 09:27 PM
A womaniser is a good role model. I learned a lot in life from womanisers and my life got better for that.

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Tough luck, it doesn't change the fact that they were womanising abusers.

Tough sh1t, it doesn't change the fact that you've been busted in your lies.

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 09:41 PM
But your ugliness means you can never get a date. :ugh:

And your poetry is really, really bad - a small child could do better. :lol1:

Dude. I HAVE a girlfriend and I haven'y had ANY difficulty getting a girl friend over the last two or three years so once again you're talking out of your rectum.

As for my poetry, criticisms given by nekulturny troglodytes like yourself regarding anything to do with arts may be safely disregard since functional illiterates like yourself no nothing about the subject.

Poet

TheGreatA
07-04-2009, 09:45 PM
That's your proof? That's speculation mate. If that's proof then I have proof that Southpaw16 IS your alt because both of your talk exactly the same. Posting youtube vids, posting old info and instigate flame wars with me.

I don't see what's so similar about Southpaw16 and me. We certainly don't share the same opinions although we both back them up with facts.

You don't give Pryor enough credit as a fighter. I corrected you a couple of months back when you said he wasn't in the league of Hears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheManchine
Pryor was not on the level of Hearns and Leonard in my opinion. He's smaller too.

Hmmmm, very interesting that you claim Pryor wasn't on level of Leonard or Hearns.

Maybe he didn't achieve as much as they did in terms of legacy, but when they were all in their prime i think Pryor was on the level of both fighters . But what people forget is Pryor was never defeated in his prime.

Was the number #1 lighweight contender but the was avoided so moved up to the Lw division, were he stopped hall of famer Antonio Cervantes in 4 for the WBA title, and would go on to make 8 title defecnes and in those defences stopped the great Alexis Arguello x2 and then would go on to win the IBF title and make a defence.

In my mind he was also avoided my Ray Lenoard, people even say Ray moved up a weight class to avoided Pryor in the amature's. And also he would never accept the challage of Pryor.

It just such a shame that drugs got hold of Aaron Pryor, because i belive The Hawk could of been up there with the likes of Leanord, Armsrotng, Greb, Robinson etc if drugs had not got hold of him.

He also beat Thomas Hearns in the Golden Glove final(Amature), and i think he could of beat Tommy in his prime in the pro ranks.

Your avater shows a Ring Magzine cover, the same Ring Magzine that done a list The 80 Best Fighters of the Last 80 Years in 2003 - in which they ranked Aaron Pryor number #35 and Thomas Hearns number #67. 32 Places, so Ring also think Pryor had a better legacy.

So to say Pryor was not on the level of Hearns and Leonard in his prime is a pretty silly comment.

How about you get confirmation from any mod or admin out there. You're just paranoid and went out of character here because you spend countless hours on me the past few days. That's cute but it doesn't do anything for you lad.

I doubt the mods and admins will bother.

You've spent countless of hours here seeking for attention with outrageous statements. That's quite pathetic.

Joe Louis and Ray Robinson are not role models, get over it. Are you mad? Tough luck, it doesn't change the fact that they were womanising abusers.

I have not said anything one way or the other concerning how great role models they were. I do think that they were two of the greatest examples of what a world champion should aspire to be but I do not know enough about their private lives and it quite honestly doesn't interest me very much.

Jake LaMotta is among my favorites but I'd never try to make him out to be a saint.

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 09:46 PM
Tough sh1t, it doesn't change the fact that you've been busted in your lies.

Poet

A womaniser is a good role model. I learned a lot in life from womanisers and my life got better for that.

They weren't just womanisers though. They abused women. A boxer abusing a fragile woman is almost like attempt at murder.

And Poet, I can see right through you. All of us hurt your feelings, and you denying it every time just proves it. I'm not a bully, but you deserve it for keep opening your filthy mouth(literally).

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 09:52 PM
I don't see what's so similar about Southpaw16 and me. We certainly don't share the same opinions although we both back them up with facts..

Feeling a little exposed now lad?
Yeah, it's the same fookin routine every single time mate, you're not fooling anyone with a brain.
Title, copy paste info, followed by a youtube vid at the bottom.
Replica posts from both accounts every single time.

And considering the amount of time you spent on certain things I would not be surprised you're that much of a loser to actually talk to yourself mate.

I doubt the mods and admins will bother.

You've spent countless of hours here seeking for attention with outrageous statements. That's quite pathetic.

This is the lad that spends time searching searching many ENTIRE threads, quoting many posts from all around and gathering them up to post them in another topic. Like you did with your pathetic "alt bust" attempt etc.

I have not said anything one way or the other concerning how great role models they were. I do think that they were two of the greatest examples of what a world champion should be but I do not know enough about their private life and it quite honestly doesn't interest me very much.

Jake LaMotta is among my favorites but I'd never try to make him out to be a saint

Well this thread is exactly about that. And if it doesn't interest you very much, then why are you here? Flame war, that's why.

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 09:52 PM
And Poet, I can see right through you. All of us hurt your feelings, and you denying it every time just proves it. I'm not a bully, but you deserve it for keep opening your filthy mouth(literally).

:haha: It takes more than the likes of YOU to hurt my feelings! I have to take someone seriously as a human being for that to happen and as I've said before that certainly does NOT apply to you and Tunney. The both of you are pure entertainment for me :rofl:

Poet

talip bin osman
07-04-2009, 10:26 PM
tony ayala is a good candidate...

mickey malone
07-05-2009, 05:42 AM

What a surprise.. You've taken time out from lickin widows to predictably take the bait & soil my thread.. Makes a change from your panties I suppose..

Getting back to the question...

Tony Ayala has to be the worst, as clearly pointed out by Talip Bin Osman..
Other bad asses have to include:

Scott Harrison
Ike the phsyc
Mike Tyson (for the ear) don't think he was guilty of rape
Johnny tapia (all self inflicted) feel sorry for the guy, but still a bad example
Michael Dokes
Trevor Berbeck (tampered with the baby sitter)
The whole Hilton family (squeal like a pig boy!)
Carlos Monzon (wild man!)
Ricardo Myorga (watered down version of Monzon)
Gary Delaney (UK fighter, doing life 4 murder)
Kirkland Laing (diet of spliffs & whiskey)
Don King (killed more fighters than cancer)
Frank Warren (watered down version of King)
All boxing officials working in Germany (we all know it's corrupt)

Anyway, there's a few to keep us going.. Doubt if I'll here from Slime, as he can only name 3 fighters lol... Thanks to all the sensible posters... Keep em coming! MM

JAB5239
07-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Tony Ayala
James Butler
Monzon
Tyson
Paul Spadafora
LaMotta
Ibeabuchi
Oliver McCall

To a lesser degree Floyd Mayweather. He's in a position to be a positive role model, but his arrogance, immaturity and the way he throws his money around sets a bad example in my opinion.

GJC
07-05-2009, 08:02 AM
Which one of Louis or SRR murdered their wife then, I must have missed that?

mickey malone
07-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Which one of Louis or SRR murdered their wife then, I must have missed that?
They have PC's in prisons now.. Slime could be Peter Sutcliffe or maybe Donald Nielson, the 'black panther' who wasted Lesley Whittle.. My guess though, would have to be Dennis Nilson.. He took it out on rent boys & had afternoon coffee sesions with their dead bodies.. Now, that sounds more like Slime...

Slimey Limey
07-05-2009, 09:15 AM
They have PC's in prisons now.. Slime could be Peter Sutcliffe or maybe Donald Nielson, the 'black panther' who wasted Lesley Whittle.. My guess though, would have to be Dennis Nilson.. He took it out on rent boys & had afternoon coffee sesions with their dead bodies.. Now, that sounds more like Slime...

Ya just can't stop thinking about me eh lad? That's sweet, but find some other poor soul to listen to your garbage. Like your blow up dolls.

Joe Louis was an unfaithful wife beating piece of garbage just like Ray Robinson, and they quit atleast once in their careers. Not many people know about this so I don't need to post any more obvious names. These men will do.
You're gonna have to accept it Mickey. It's simply the truth. It hurts doesn't it?

mickey malone
07-05-2009, 10:01 AM
Ya just can't stop thinking about me eh lad? That's sweet, but find some other poor soul to listen to your garbage. Like your blow up dolls.

Joe Louis was an unfaithful wife beating piece of garbage just like Ray Robinson, and they quit atleast once in their careers. Not many people know about this so I don't need to post any more obvious names. These men will do.
You're gonna have to accept it Mickey. It's simply the truth. It hurts doesn't it?
But YOU posted on MY thread.... Loser

sonnyboyx2
07-05-2009, 02:54 PM
Boxings worst role model was Lennox Lewis the only heavyweight champion in history to be stripped of every belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders

mickey malone
07-05-2009, 04:02 PM
Boxings worst role model was Lennox Lewis the only heavyweight champion in history to be stripped of every belt for refusing to fight the No1 contenders
As well as representing 2 different countries..
RE: Your point... I think he got that habbit from Bowe (the bin incident)

illmatickid
07-05-2009, 07:13 PM
even though i love him as a boxer... id have to say floyd mayweather jr. nowadays

hes always actin crazy just to get publicity..cussin everywhere.. and then he complains about why he doesnt get sponsores like pacquiao or other boxing stars do... mayweather doesnt behave in public the way pacquiao does hes always talkin crazy...and of course coporations like nike wont want to sponsor a guy like that..they would go for the well behaved and humble guy like pacquiao.....even tho i say this about mayweather... im only talkin about OUTSIDE the ring...inside the ring..hes really professional and knows how to relax and keep his composure..better than any boxer i know...his fight with judah showed that

billionaire
07-05-2009, 10:38 PM
sonny liston and carlos monzon.....and joe louis for influencing kids to be silent puppets....

DonTaseMeBrah
07-05-2009, 10:39 PM
mike tyson. could have been the greatest & richest fighter of all time.

mickey malone
07-06-2009, 12:34 AM
even though i love him as a boxer... id have to say floyd mayweather jr. nowadays

hes always actin crazy just to get publicity..cussin everywhere.. and then he complains about why he doesnt get sponsores like pacquiao or other boxing stars do... mayweather doesnt behave in public the way pacquiao does hes always talkin crazy...and of course coporations like nike wont want to sponsor a guy like that..they would go for the well behaved and humble guy like pacquiao.....even tho i say this about mayweather... im only talkin about OUTSIDE the ring...inside the ring..hes really professional and knows how to relax and keep his composure..better than any boxer i know...his fight with judah showed that
I agree.. He's a role model for spoilt kids

JAB5239
07-06-2009, 06:06 AM
sonny liston and carlos monzon.....and joe louis for influencing kids to be silent puppets....

Its no wonder your rep bar is completely red. Louis carried himself with quiet dignity and did more for his race and his country than most know about. Just because he didn't covet the spotlight doesn't mean he was silent. If more people looked to Louis as how to carry themselves there would be less people like you, and more with class and respect.

Miburo
07-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Out of the famous boxers I'd say Carlos Monzon. By all accounts a very unstable man, except in the ring.

The worst? Probably Jo-el Scott or James Butler.

I was thinking Monzon as well, not just in the violence department but also in the bad habits he could get away with by being a physical freak that would cripple a normal fighter.

UncleSamPatriot
07-06-2009, 11:43 AM
I say Muhammad Ali, he was insulting to his opponents with constant trash talk, turned in to Islam and black extremism, was a army dodger and so on.

"Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."

mickey malone
07-06-2009, 01:34 PM
I say Muhammad Ali, he was insulting to his opponents with constant trash talk, turned in to Islam and black extremism, was a army dodger and so on.

"Matthew 12:36 But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment."
Lol.. You're right in a way.. Did almost as much for hype as he did for boxing....

billionaire
07-06-2009, 05:01 PM
Its no wonder your rep bar is completely red. Louis carried himself with quiet dignity and did more for his race and his country than most know about. Just because he didn't covet the spotlight doesn't mean he was silent. If more people looked to Louis as how to carry themselves there would be less people like you, and more with class and respect.

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/04/sp...pagewanted=all

When Joe Louis asked Lena Horne, with whom he was then having a relationship, to keep score for him at a Hollywood golf benefit, the singer refused -- she was entertaining troops that day. Joe hit her with a left hook. Then he started to choke her. In his 1978 autobiography, written with Edna and Art Rust Jr., Louis said that the only thing that saved Lena's life was an aunt in the next room who threatened to call the police.

http://books.google.com/books?id=Ecn...esult&resnum=1

a woman beater, thats the type of man to look up to.....

joseph5620
07-06-2009, 06:03 PM

:lol1::lol1::lol1: I can always count on your comebacks to make me laugh ,Jab.

joseph5620
07-06-2009, 06:06 PM

You obviously have no clue about what era Joe Louis was from. You talk big **** but you would have been more silent than Louis if you were around during that time period.

joe strong
07-06-2009, 06:18 PM
ibeabuchi(rape),Tyson(rape but 90% of the united states still cheered for him),Holyfield(13 kids with how many women? Now he's crying because he can't make payments after making 400 million).now that I think snout people cheering for Tyson they also cheer for a pedophile named michael Jackson.read gene simmons article on mj.it's great & he was close to him for years.he said mj had 10 different boys file claims & michael PAYED them all off...he said if someone acused him he would spend what ever it took to clear his name & then he'd go after the accusers with lawsuits.it's not like mj couldn't afford it back then.

joe strong
07-06-2009, 06:26 PM
talking negative role models just posses me off.look at the states ,half if their athletes are cheaters,drug users,come from the hood.their gangsters or criminals.I know several canadians who went to big colleges in the states & they all say if a guy can throw a football 80 yards they will get him a degree if he attends their college.one of my friends said some of the guys from the ghetto who got scholarships couldn't even barely spell their own names let alone pass a entrance exam.in the states they don't care about anything but money.michael vick will be the next hero again you watch.another example of American intelligence.the guy couldn't wait until he was 35 to have dogfighting ting in his basement.that $100 million contract would have Been up by then.I'd say 50% of American athletes are questionable role models.you can take the kid out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid...it's a shame

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 04:41 AM
talking negative role models just posses me off.look at the states ,half if their athletes are cheaters,drug users,come from the hood.their gangsters or criminals.I know several canadians who went to big colleges in the states & they all say if a guy can throw a football 80 yards they will get him a degree if he attends their college.one of my friends said some of the guys from the ghetto who got scholarships couldn't even barely spell their own names let alone pass a entrance exam.in the states they don't care about anything but money.michael vick will be the next hero again you watch.another example of American intelligence.the guy couldn't wait until he was 35 to have dogfighting ting in his basement.that $100 million contract would have Been up by then.I'd say 50% of American athletes are questionable role models.you can take the kid out of the ghetto but you can't take the ghetto out of the kid...it's a shame
Treat as treated, take as you find.. I'm in the entertainments business, & I'm proud to say that I know an absolute multitude of really good Americans.. I've also experienced some Schmuks, but that's just the way the globe turns..
Fundamentally, the problem stems at political level & the biggest Red Neck of em all was George W.. I sincerely doubt, he won that election fair & square.. He has a well documented IQ of 78.. This is equivelant to that of a Thai Peasant..
There is good and bad of everyone, and believe me, most Americans didn't give a **** about Michael Jackson, & for the record, neither did I....
Most things can be explained, but how the hell is Holyfield skint?? He always had a reputation of short arms with long pockets.. I can only guess, that some crazy judge within the political sector, ordered him to pay $20, 000,000 for each kid.. Wouldn't surprise me?? With regard to Tyson.. If he actually did Rape Desiree Washington, he'd still be banged up now.. No excuses for biting Holys ear though...

JAB5239
07-07-2009, 04:58 AM

When Joe Louis asked Lena Horne, with whom he was then having a relationship, to keep score for him at a Hollywood golf benefit, the singer refused -- she was entertaining troops that day. Joe hit her with a left hook. Then he started to choke her. In his 1978 autobiography, written with Edna and Art Rust Jr., Louis said that the only thing that saved Lena's life was an aunt in the next room who threatened to call the police.

Find me ONE perfect person in this world. Fact is, he made mistakes and probably hurt a few people. Fact also is he helped, inspired and quietly did things to help millions in a POSITIVE way. Sorry, the positives outweigh the negatives by amounts unable to be calculated.

JAB5239
07-07-2009, 05:02 AM
You obviously have no clue about what era Joe Louis was from. You talk big **** but you would have been more silent than Louis if you were around during that time period.

He really doesn't. He only see's what he wants to see.

Slimey Limey
07-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Find me ONE perfect person in this world. Fact is, he made mistakes and probably hurt a few people. Fact also is he helped, inspired and quietly did things to help millions in a POSITIVE way. Sorry, the positives outweigh the negatives by amounts unable to be calculated.

Hahaha I was awaiting what kind of excuse you would come up with for that one and you STILL have the nerve to look past it. You'd probably still support the man if he raped dead corpses. You are disgusting mate.

Speaking of which, a lot of criminals did positive things as well. Serial killer John Wayne Gacy helped out his community in every way, it doesn't change the fact that he was no good for what he did(Now Louis nuthuggers, i'm not comparing him to serial killers now so whipe your tears away).

Fact is Louis drank heavily, used a lot of drugs, was a womaniser, a woman beater, almost killed a woman too.
Now these are all FACTS. Not opinions. You cannot look at his positives deeds and ignore his dark side, which is what you are doing.

The REAL Louis was NOT a role model PERIOD. End of discussion.

Spartacus Sully
07-07-2009, 08:47 AM
Umm he did drugs later in his life which he had quit doing before passing on.

I did a quick search of google for "joe louis beat women" and "joe louis women beater" found something about him beating germany but thats about it. I hope your not blindly clinging on to some joe louis grudge due to something you read online or some undocumented opinion.

if you can provide some links to backup your claims im sure they would be a good read.

I found stuff about the womanizing. but nothing about beating.

joe strong
07-07-2009, 09:04 AM

he fought all his msndatories until the end.so what he didn't give akinwande a rematch or vitali after he almost punched his eyes out.oh yeah he'd make $ fighting ruiz.you are a moron & have no idea what you ate talking about.he beat everyone except bowe who ducked him.he is the only guy to clean up the division.Byrd & ruiz are the only ones he didn't fight & he chose vitali & Tyson instead even thou kirk Johnson at the time was the original opponent before vitali...you just hate lewis!

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 09:29 AM

I did a quick search of google for "joe louis beat women" and "joe louis women beater" found something about him beating germany but thats about it. I hope your not blindly clinging on to some joe louis grudge due to something you read online or some undocumented opinion.

if you can provide some links to backup your claims im sure they would be a good read.

But Slimes over a hundred years old & used to be Louis's dealer...

Slimey Limey
07-07-2009, 09:39 AM

Hahaha you typed it in google and nothing came up.
You're right, you're right. He didn't beat women.....he tried to KILL them, even for something as petty as refusing to keep score for him while he was playing Golf.
Read my signature.

As for the links, I'll just quote Billionare's post for ya. Enjoy it lad.

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 09:58 AM
Hahaha you typed it in google and nothing came up.
You're right, you're right. He didn't beat women.....he tried to KILL them, even for something as petty as refusing to keep score for him while he was playing Golf.
Read my signature.

As for the links, I'll just quote Billionare's post for ya. Enjoy it lad.
No Slime.. He wants to know the source of your information..
Is that too much to ask?

Spartacus Sully
07-07-2009, 10:12 AM
and the links no longer work

Slimey Limey
07-07-2009, 10:26 AM
The Louis fans are desperately trying to cover up everything. Don't mess with the proof, lads.

Here are the links again
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/04/sports/robert-lipsyte-the-manly-art-of-self-delusion.html?pagewanted=all

I'm gonna have to search for the original link billionare posted earlier

http://books.google.com/books?hl=nl&q=Joe+hit+her+with+a+left+hook.+Then+he+started+to +choke+her

It's in page 135 of that book. In Louis' 1978 biography he gives more details about it. I'm searching for that one.

cotto16
07-07-2009, 10:42 AM
shocking about louis............
Joe hit her with a left hook. Then he started to choke her. In his 1978 autobiography, written with Edna and Art Rust Jr., Louis said that the only thing that saved Lena's life was an aunt in the next room who threatened to call the police."

:eek:

Slimey Limey
07-07-2009, 10:44 AM
Imagine Joe fookin Louis hitting a fragile woman with his left hook.

Spartacus Sully
07-07-2009, 10:45 AM
Thanks for the working links. Just purchased My life by art and edna want to check out the actual quote incase you dont find the book ill let you know what it says in 3-5 days

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the working links. Just purchased My life by art and edna want to check out the actual quote incase you dont find the book ill let you know what it says in 3-5 days
You beat me to it! Something stinks.. That book was written in 1978 by a joint 3rd party when Louis was in the advanced stages of dimensia..
Look forward to your views..

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 01:30 PM
The Louis fans are desperately trying to cover up everything. Don't mess with the proof, lads.

Here are the links again
http://www.nytimes.com/1991/08/04/sports/robert-lipsyte-the-manly-art-of-self-delusion.html?pagewanted=all

I'm gonna have to search for the original link billionare posted earlier

http://books.google.com/books?hl=nl&q=Joe+hit+her+with+a+left+hook.+Then+he+started+to +choke+her

It's in page 135 of that book. In Louis' 1978 biography he gives more details about it. I'm searching for that one.
On the contrary.. We're having a collective debate in order to establish the true facts..
The thought of any author(s) taking advantage of an old and dying man with mental health problems is rather discerning..
Controversy sells books doesn't it?? Now we're going to find out everything we know and thoroughly research the credibility of the author(s) Who knows, perhaps all their books were full of ****.. We WILL get to the bottom of it though.....

Ziggy Stardust
07-07-2009, 01:39 PM
On the contrary.. We're having a collective debate in order to establish the true facts..
The thought of any author(s) taking advantage of an old and dying man with mental health problems is rather discerning..
Controversy sells books doesn't it?? Now we're going to find out everything we know and thoroughly research the credibility of the author(s) Who knows, perhaps all their books were full of ****.. We WILL get to the bottom of it though.....

Alas, critical thinking and scholarly investigation is lost on that poor sod. It's a sure bet his name doesn't come up when discussion turns to Boxing Scene's intellectual set.

Poet

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 02:06 PM
Alas, critical thinking and scholarly investigation is lost on that poor sod. It's a sure bet his name doesn't come up when discussion turns to Boxing Scene's intellectual set.

Poet
Emmmmm I'm only a few minutes into my research & it instantly becomes apparent that controversy was thier specialist subject, with reference to the author(s) of course..
Here's the titles to some of their other books:

Negro leagues
Recollections of a baseball junkie
Deep South
History of the black athlete
NBA's Black pioneers
The rise & ruin of a black institution
Baseball as history & Myth

I think we can see a pattern developing here.. Perhaps they run outta baseball ideas & went round to mug off sick old Joe.. We'll find out...

Spartacus Sully
07-07-2009, 02:20 PM
cant forget his first book:

Get that Ni**er off the Field

though they may be satires

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 02:28 PM
cant forget his first book:

Get that Ni**er off the Field

though they may be satires
emmmm.. Cutting! & sells like hot cakes

Imagine if it was allowed today... Doesn't bear thinking about!

Spartacus Sully
07-07-2009, 02:38 PM
Though i think there are many worse role models then Joe Louis or Rocky Marciano maybe their a bit over rated but their not bad people though i must say that The Rock is at least 10 times the role model Joe Louis is

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 02:58 PM
Though i think there are many worse role models then Joe Louis or Rocky Marciano maybe their a bit over rated but their not bad people though i must say that The Rock is at least 10 times the role model Joe Louis is
Marciano was an impeccable role model in every sense of the word & I know Louis was a bit of a lad in his day, but I strongly suspect that he didn't KO that woman.. If proven wrong, I'll hold my hands up.. But, as I'm sure you'll agree, something stinks, otherwise it would have been documented in at least one of the multitude of scripts written about Louis..

Slimey Limey
07-07-2009, 03:13 PM
Hahaha, the Louis nuthuggers now panicking, trying to desperately think of something to discredit that source.
Don't worry lads, once I get that book's info or billionaire comes back it'll be great.

And do you think that's the only fooked up incident bumbeater was involved with? You still hold this high opinion of him being perfect or not being the scumbag he was. Just wait, soon more and more juicy facts will come out after I get ahold of it.

mickey malone
07-07-2009, 04:15 PM
Hahaha, the Louis nuthuggers now panicking, trying to desperately think of something to discredit that source.
Don't worry lads, once I get that book's info or billionaire comes back it'll be great.

And do you think that's the only fooked up incident bumbeater was involved with? You still hold this high opinion of him being perfect or not being the scumbag he was. Just wait, soon more and more juicy facts will come out after I get ahold of it.
Well, so far you've only come up with the same suspicious quote in every post, that even you're not sure about, or you wouldn't have to rely on Billionaire.. Everyone knows that you're a Parrot who uses the same piece of tabloid on every thread.. It's no good saying, don't worry lads, cos they already know that your mind set is dysfunctional..

Dubious-Dutch
07-07-2009, 06:49 PM
ibeabuchi(rape),Tyson(rape but 90% of the united states still cheered for him),Holyfield(13 kids with how many women? Now he's crying because he can't make payments after making 400 million).now that I think snout people cheering for Tyson they also cheer for a pedophile named michael Jackson.read gene simmons article on mj.it's great & he was close to him for years.he said mj had 10 different boys file claims & michael PAYED them all off...he said if someone acused him he would spend what ever it took to clear his name & then he'd go after the accusers with lawsuits.it's not like mj couldn't afford it back then.

Is this a serious post? Or are you trolling?

that's why the division needs the next superstar like a Tyson or Holyfield.let's face it wladimir can't get any network other than Germany to air his fights but mike Tyson could sell a million payperviews at $50/order fighting Clifford entienne.so if the klit fans don't see a problem they are dilusional.

Tyson was never found guilty of rape, sure he said some insane things during his career but that women had a clear agenda, luckily the jury seen it as it was. Isn't this amusing how in one post you claim the division needs a superstar like Tyson yet get insecure about Americans cheering for him. Make up your mind. As for Holyfield having all those children-Is that supposed to make him a bad man? Michael Jackson is cheered on by the whole world not just America. His tour in the UK sold out extremely quick. Once again, no one knows for sure if he had relations with any kids.

Can you be any more hyperbolic? Where do you come up with these statistics from? A couple of Canadians gave them to you? Maybe you're are not familiar with college sports or even high school for that matter. As an athlete they need to obtain a certain GPA average in order to stay on the team, so this nonsense about not being able to pass an entrance exam is foolish.

Michal Vick was sentenced for his crime and won't even be back as a Quarter Back. How can he be a hero again when he was never one in the first place?
A second rate rate QB who should of been a running back. Matt Ryan, a rookie proved more worth than Vick. If I was ignorant your post would represent an example of Canadian intelligence or lack there of, but I don't generalise.

"50% of American athletes are questionable role models" and 99.9 percent of your post is questionably retarded.

Dynamite Glove
07-07-2009, 06:51 PM
I think the worst role model ever is Mike Tyson. He was a good heavyweight, but god damn. The way he went out was ****ed up, come on...

snorting coke...smoking weed...beating up old men on bicycles...telling people you wanna eat their kids...biting ears and ****...telling reporters who are female to **** him or he won't do an interview...getting ****ed up by lennox lewis at press conferences and then biting his leg...lol...

Iron Mike was a damn good HW in his day but, as Pesci in Casino said, "In the end, we ****ed it all up."

Dynamite Glove
07-07-2009, 06:53 PM
joe the strong, go **** your mother.

DeepSleep
07-07-2009, 07:20 PM
In the Ring, Prince Naseem is a good example of pure arrogance. There's a complete difference between swagger and confidence and trash-talking to get in a guys head. Dancing your way into the ring beating bums and showboating is a good way to land on my least respected list.

Out of the Ring there are too many knuckleheads to pick out a single guy.

billionaire
07-07-2009, 09:22 PM
ahahah at these louis diehards desperately trying to discredit the author......but when 3rd partys talked **** about mike tyson everyone just eats it up as true....well that book i posted refers to louis autobiography, so its straight from the horses mouth.....

JAB5239
07-08-2009, 05:33 AM
ahahah at these louis diehards desperately trying to discredit the author......but when 3rd partys talked **** about mike tyson everyone just eats it up as true....well that book i posted refers to louis autobiography, so its straight from the horses mouth.....

I have Louis' autobiography and I don't recall that. I will check again though. As far as whats said about Tyson and people eating it up...Tyson has a long and distinguished history of anti social behavior. Same cannot be said of Joe Louis who's good deeds far outweigh his few indiscretions.

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 05:41 AM

Not TRYING mate... Already have.. I think it's more than obvious that this author(s) acted as a kangaroo court.. The biography was also written, during the absence of the subjects sane mind.. One has to remember that in 1978 the 'Deep South' was a very hostile place.. It was almost compulsory to discredit & victimize black people in this part of the world.. I would imagine, coming from Harlem though, the author(s) were indeed black, but needed some controversy in order to sell their book.. Louis wouldn't have even been aware of this, and the 'horses mouth' on a mentally lame horse, simply cannot be relied upon as sound evidence.. Especially through a joint 3rd party who did a '1off' boxing story.. No genuine boxing historians have ever written about this, so how can it be true?

Spartacus Sully
07-08-2009, 06:10 AM
Nah he was african american and i think the names of his books were just that to mock the way white america treated african americans.

on the other hand this ROBERT LIPSYTE not quite sure who he is other then a fiction writer and the guy that wrote the article and the section in the tyson reader that i was linked to.

Hmm whats the chances some fiction writer might make up some obscure information from some obscure book to make an article more impressive?

JM1
07-08-2009, 06:22 AM
floyd mayweather. no need to expalin why :lol1:

UCantBeSerious
07-08-2009, 06:55 AM
Jack Johnson probably

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 07:17 AM
Nah he was african american and i think the names of his books were just that to mock the way white america treated african americans.

on the other hand this ROBERT LIPSYTE not quite sure who he is other then a fiction writer and the guy that wrote the article and the section in the tyson reader that i was linked to.

Hmm whats the chances some fiction writer might make up some obscure information from some obscure book to make an article more impressive?
Yes... Obscure being the operative word.. Almost obsolete in fact..

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 07:24 AM
Jack Johnson probably
Good call... Don't think he was the worst though.. I often think that some people confuse Joe Louis with Johnson.. Glad to see you're not one of those...

Slimey Limey
07-08-2009, 07:33 AM
I have Louis' autobiography and I don't recall that. I will check again though. As far as whats said about Tyson and people eating it up...Tyson has a long and distinguished history of anti social behavior. Same cannot be said of Joe Louis who's good deeds far outweigh his few indiscretions.

Not TRYING mate... Already have.. I think it's more than obvious that this author(s) acted as a kangaroo court.. The biography was also written, during the absence of the subjects sane mind.. One has to remember that in 1978 the 'Deep South' was a very hostile place.. It was almost compulsory to discredit & victimize black people in this part of the world.. I would imagine, coming from Harlem though, the author(s) were indeed black, but needed some controversy in order to sell their book.. Louis wouldn't have even been aware of this, and the 'horses mouth' on a mentally lame horse, simply cannot be relied upon as sound evidence.. Especially through a joint 3rd party who did a '1off' boxing story.. No genuine boxing historians have ever written about this, so how can it be true?

Hahaha, like I said before the Louis nuthuggers will start to make nonsense up to cover up the truth.

This evidence is a fact. It's up to you morons to disprove it, which you can't since it's from his own biography. Less talking, more proof or shut up. Thank you lads.

Now, which part did you all like the most? When he hit her with a left hook, or when he was going to choke her to death untill auntie called the police?

GREAT role model. All kids should grow up to drink and do drugs heavily while sleeping around and almost killing their women.

Spartacus Sully
07-08-2009, 07:59 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4661

Talk to you on the 16th

KittenFlaps
07-08-2009, 08:30 AM
Currently: Paul Spadafora -- Shot his pregnant girlfriend in the chest because she scuffed his tires.

Of the past: Esteban De Jesus -- Shot a kid in the head because he was hopped up on coke.

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 08:45 AM
Hahaha, like I said before the Louis nuthuggers will start to make nonsense up to cover up the truth.

This evidence is a fact. It's up to you morons to disprove it, which you can't since it's from his own biography. Less talking, more proof or shut up. Thank you lads.

Now, which part did you all like the most? When he hit her with a left hook, or when he was going to choke her to death untill auntie called the police?

GREAT role model. All kids should grow up to drink and do drugs heavily while sleeping around and almost killing their women.
Calm down & be patient Slime.. Facts take time to evaluate.. All avenues have to be looked at & dissected.. As illustrated, I've already begun to eliminate certain assumptions, & in your favour to.. I've established that the author(s) were black & it's highly unlikely they were prejudice.. But I've also discovered that most of their works were highly controversial.. You see, 'Money talks, Bull**** walks'

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 08:51 AM
http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=549&pictureid=4661

Talk to you on the 16th
You're a top man!!

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 09:02 AM
Currently: Paul Spadafora -- Shot his pregnant girlfriend in the chest because she scuffed his tires.

Of the past: Esteban De Jesus -- Shot a kid in the head because he was hopped up on coke.
Yeah.. I new Spad had been up to no good.. Surprised to see him back in the ring so soon after something like that, must have been some circumstancial in his favour..
De Jesus was a bad ass, & also the first man to beat Duran.. He got done by the Karma though.. Duran brutalized him in the rematch, & he died relatively young from Aids.. In fact Duran visited him to say an emotional goodbye, as he lay on his death bed..

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 09:23 AM
In the Ring, Prince Naseem is a good example of pure arrogance. There's a complete difference between swagger and confidence and trash-talking to get in a guys head. Dancing your way into the ring beating bums and showboating is a good way to land on my least respected list.

Out of the Ring there are too many knuckleheads to pick out a single guy.
Hamed is one of the greatest raw talents I've ever had the pleasure to watch.. He's even one of the names on my signature.. But as you rightly suggest, he was one of the worst.. Forget all the ring antics & disrespect issues.. The fact, that he ruined/ended the lives of a whole family while showing off in his suped up Merc, does it for me.. If he'd stayed with the victims & rang for help, I wouldn't look at it this way.. But he didn't, he done a runner instead, & left them lying around in the road like swastika's.. They gave him something ridiculous like 6 months, & he never once apologized to anyone concerned.. Shortly after his release from prison, one of the surviving members of the family, obviously fueled with grief, tried to mow down the Hamed family on a pedestrian crossing.. The attempt proved futile & he was subsequently arrested.. I'm not sure what the poor sod got for it though..

JAB5239
07-08-2009, 10:56 AM

Tell me something Sally, WHAT evidence? If this really was such a vicious attack, an attempted murder as you put it, where is the police report? Why wouldn't the aunt call the police if it really was as brutal as you like to make it out to be? where is the pattern of this behavior throughout his life? Less talking, more proof or shut up.

Slimey Limey
07-08-2009, 11:49 AM
Tell me something Sally, WHAT evidence? If this really was such a vicious attack, an attempted murder as you put it, where is the police report? Why wouldn't the aunt call the police if it really was as brutal as you like to make it out to be? where is the pattern of this behavior throughout his life? Less talking, more proof or shut up.

Well sweetheart, the evidence has already been posted. You can't tell me to post evidence, it's up to you to post evidence that DISPROVES it. All you cunts have been doing is making up biased nonsense to somehow discredit it.

As for your further questions, common sense and some good reading will answer that for you. She threathened to call the police, she didn't go through with it. I don't blame her since this maniac noticed it. Pattern I would say it's pretty fookin obvious none of his women even dared to go to the police with this as they must have been full of fear that he would kill them.

Live with it, Louis was a drunk, a drugs using unstable figure, a cocaine addicted women beater that almost murdered his woman for not keeping score for him at a Golf game.

Slimey Limey
07-08-2009, 11:51 AM
Calm down & be patient Slime.. Facts take time to evaluate.. All avenues have to be looked at & dissected.. As illustrated, I've already begun to eliminate certain assumptions, & in your favour to.. I've established that the author(s) were black & it's highly unlikely they were prejudice.. But I've also discovered that most of their works were highly controversial.. You see, 'Money talks, Bull**** walks'

Btw Mickey, I find it rather odd that this is yet another account that joined the same time as you did, and is online the same time you are. Something tells me that whatever he comes up with soon will only suit you lads, 'cause I doubt a Louis fan would be honest about this issue.

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 12:36 PM
Btw Mickey, I find it rather odd that this is yet another account that joined the same time as you did, and is online the same time you are. Something tells me that whatever he comes up with soon will only suit you lads, 'cause I doubt a Louis fan would be honest about this issue.
I only respect the truth and will accept it only when it comes from a boxing writer as opposed to a couple of baseball correspondents.. I also find it rather odd that you've only made 727 posts in 3 years, & I find it blatantly absurd that nearly all of them are the same...

Ziggy Stardust
07-08-2009, 12:45 PM
I only respect the truth and will accept it only when it comes from a boxing writer as opposed to a couple of baseball correspondents.. I also find it rather odd that you've only made 727 posts in 3 years, & I find it blatantly absurd that nearly all of them are the same...

I did a little research and while his account is dated to 2006 he has no posts prior to February of this year. So, if he claims to have been posting since 2006, then this is clearly an alt account and he was posting under a different name.

Poet

mickey malone
07-08-2009, 01:11 PM
I did a little research and while his account is dated to 2006 he has no posts prior to February of this year. So, if he claims to have been posting since 2006, then this is clearly an alt account and he was posting under a different name.

Poet
Yes... That does appear to be the case.. Rafa Benitez or something.. That in itself shows an abundance of insecurities.. Profoundly sad, to say the least!

joseph5620
07-08-2009, 01:24 PM

You are such a little *****. You take one incident in a man's life and hold it against him. Louis good deeds far outweigh his bad ones. You are trying to get attention and in that respect you succeeded.

joseph5620
07-08-2009, 01:28 PM

Tunney is that you? Seriously.

billionaire
07-08-2009, 05:27 PM
joe louis did cocaine and heroin after retiring - fact
joe louis son put in a mental hospital for his own safety - fact

Ziggy Stardust
07-08-2009, 05:34 PM

billionaire gets *****-slapped for posting like an idiot - fact

Poet

JAB5239
07-08-2009, 06:18 PM

Alcohol and drug addiction are diseases - fact.

Mental illness is a disease - fact.

Do you hold the disease against people who have cancer, diabetes or any other diseases? Lol, real classy!

JAB5239
07-08-2009, 06:55 PM
Ok, the all elusive passage from "Joe Louis:My Life". It talks about her failing to live up to her commitment to to be one of the celebrity score keepers. This wasn't her refusing Joe in just some game, but a benefit for the U.S.O. that she had committed to in Joe's name. This refusal was to spite Joe because he had been in town a few months and only called her a few times. When Louis went to talk to her personally she wouldn't budge and said she "didn't give a damn" that she committed. Joe took of a gold bracelet Horne had given him and dropped it in her suitcase as he was leaving. Lene exploded in a rage cursing Louis like he'd never been cursed and he goes on to say, and this is verbatim "before I knew it it, I hit her with a left hook and knocked her on the bed. Then I jumped on her and started choking her. The thing, thank God, that saved her was that her aunt was in the apartment. Lena was screaming and her aunt ran in and tried to pull me off. When she said "if you don't stop, I'll call the police", that brought me straight to. I stopped".

This isn't a case of some serial women beater, but an isolated incident fueled by passion. Im not saying its right, but its hardly the way Sally Limey described it.

"Passion can mess you up; next day I couldn't show up for the tournament-My mind was ruined and my body felt to weak".

"I called Lena to apologize and she hung up on me. end of romance".

Does anybody think this sounds like the deranged person Sally has made Joe out to be, or maybe just a guy who lost it for a minute, did a bad thing, and was sincerly remorseful?

Slimey Limey
07-08-2009, 07:57 PM
hahaha, alright lets assume you're posting the truth here. Lets examine this lads.

[COLOR="Navy"]It talks about her failing to live up to her commitment to to be one of the celebrity score keepers. This wasn't her refusing Joe in just some game, but a benefit for the U.S.O. that she had committed to in Joe's name. This refusal was to spite Joe because he had been in town a few months and only called her a few times. When Louis went to talk to her personally she wouldn't budge and said she "didn't give a damn" that she committed. Joe took of a gold bracelet Horne had given him and dropped it in her suitcase as he was leaving. Lene exploded in a rage cursing Louis like he'd never been cursed

This is enough to hit a woman with a left hook and proceeding to choke the life out of her, not stopping in a furious rage untill somebody brings him back to earth?

This sounds like a typical argument between two people in a relationship, a turbulent one perhaps.

But here you are justifying a man, a fookin for heavyweight champion in the world, who would have murdered his woman over nonsense?

Wow, Jabbie lad. I don't know in what kind of twisted environment you've been raised in but that's not normal mate.

This isn't a case of some serial women beater, but an isolated incident fueled by passion. Im not saying its right, but its hardly the way Sally Limey described it.

How did I desribe it incorrectly? It comes down to the fact that Louis committed that act, and no amount of excuses can cover for that fact that he DID. You should be a lawyer mate.

Does anybody think this sounds like the deranged person Sally has made Joe out to be, or maybe just a guy who lost it for a minute, did a bad thing, and was sincerly remorseful?

Uhh yeah, a guy addicted to alcohol, soft and hard drugs with a history of abusing women just "went out of character" one day.

Just face it. The true Joe Louis is not even close a role model. He belongs up there with other wife beaters and drug/alcohol users.

JAB5239
07-08-2009, 08:35 PM
hahaha, alright lets assume you're posting the truth here. Lets examine this lads.

Pages 183 and 184.

This is enough to hit a woman with a left hook and proceeding to choke the life out of her, not stopping in a furious rage untill somebody brings him back to earth?

Who said he choked the life out of her? If she could scream, she could breath. Love how you exaggerate.

This sounds like a typical argument between two people in a relationship, a turbulent one perhaps.

But here you are justifying a man, a fookin for heavyweight champion in the world, who would have murdered his woman over nonsense?

Who's justifying it? People make mistakes.

How did I desribe it incorrectly? It comes down to the fact that Louis committed that act, and no amount of excuses can cover for that fact that he DID. You should be a lawyer mate.

The liberties you took in calling this ISOLATED incident an "attempted murder". This clearly isn't the case.

Uhh yeah, a guy addicted to alcohol, soft and hard drugs with a history of abusing women just "went out of character" one day.

At that time he had neither a drug nor alcohol problem. Do some homework Sally.

Just face it. The true Joe Louis is not even close a role model. He belongs up there with other wife beaters and drug/alcohol users.

Just face it, you will never be a fraction of the man Joe Louis was. A champion who was loved and adored and admired. A man who helped millions and gave hope to many, many more. what have you done? Nothing, zilch, zero, nada, thats what. But you will take time to TRY and tear down a man who is everything positive that you will never be. Real classy Sally, real classy.

mickey malone
07-09-2009, 12:02 AM
I note... Put in hospital for his own safety...

So, you think this was a good time for several painstaking interviews, do you?
This would have been necessary in order to write a biography, wouldn't it?
And you're saying that you believe, accurate information was given to a pair of baseball correspondents by a man with mental illness, are you?
Well in that case, Planet Earth must be flat & the Moon is made of cheese..
And, why would his Son be put in a MENTAL HOSPITAL on SAFETY grounds? That's a new one...

Spartacus Sully
07-09-2009, 12:51 AM
He did Cocaine and Quit. if anything it symbolizes over coming obstacles and great will power. good traits in a role model

Was he doing drugs when he hit her? i mean when did he hit her? it sounds like he was still boxing at the time and fact- he didnt start doing drugs till after he retired so im guessing he wasnt in a drug crazed frenzy.

I mean if the punch was ment as anything more then a way to get alittle respect i think he would have done enough damage to have caused more serious repercussions then for it to have just been written about in one book.

Well Joe still hit some chick but knowing the situation it makes me feel alittle less disappointed in joe then i did after reading slimeys sig and perhaps even slimey feels alittle less anger twords him knowing the situation alittle better.

mickey malone
07-09-2009, 02:02 AM
He did Cocaine and Quit. if anything it symbolizes over coming obstacles and great will power. good traits in a role model

Was he doing drugs when he hit her? i mean when did he hit her? it sounds like he was still boxing at the time and fact- he didnt start doing drugs till after he retired so im guessing he wasnt in a drug crazed frenzy.

I mean if the punch was ment as anything more then a way to get alittle respect i think he would have done enough damage to have caused more serious repercussions then for it to have just been written about in one book.

Well Joe still hit some chick but knowing the situation it makes me feel alittle less disappointed in joe then i did after reading slimeys sig and perhaps even slimey feels alittle less anger twords him knowing the situation alittle better.
Good post.. Slime & Billionaire are still sifting through their endless collection of Marvel comics..

billionaire
07-09-2009, 05:21 PM
I note... Put in hospital for his own safety...

So, you think this was a good time for several painstaking interviews, do you?
This would have been necessary in order to write a biography, wouldn't it?
And you're saying that you believe, accurate information was given to a pair of baseball correspondents by a man with mental illness, are you?
Well in that case, Planet Earth must be flat & the Moon is made of cheese..
And, why would his Son be put in a MENTAL HOSPITAL on SAFETY grounds? That's a new one...

it was a typo........joe louis son put joe louis in a mental hospital because joe louis went crazy and was constantly paranoid.......another fact....

billionaire
07-09-2009, 05:22 PM

lmao theres a new one....lets give him credit for something role models never get involved with in the first place....

Spartacus Sully
07-09-2009, 06:14 PM
Yes let's.

I mean it atleast puts him a step ahead of Rick James, and he was a superfreak.

JAB5239
07-09-2009, 08:29 PM
lmao theres a new one....lets give him credit for something role models never get involved with in the first place....

Oh. like Bill Clinton, huh? The Kennedy's, Frued (sp?), Poe and countless other who have been looked up to?

billionaire
07-09-2009, 09:31 PM
Oh. like Bill Clinton, huh? The Kennedy's, Frued (sp?), Poe and countless other who have been looked up to?

i dont know anybody smart who looks up to the clintons and kennedys....there just powerful political families.....

people admire freud and poe for their work not their personal lives, especially poe was a ****ed up loner.....i respect joe louis as a great fighter not for his personal life........

JAB5239
07-10-2009, 05:23 AM
i dont know anybody smart who looks up to the clintons and kennedys....there just powerful political families.....

people admire freud and poe for their work not their personal lives, especially poe was a ****ed up loner.....i respect joe louis as a great fighter not for his personal life........

And how many so called role models have had messed up personal live at one time or another? Name me five, I'll name you ten who people look up to and their lives have been screwed up at one point or another. Louis' good deeds far outweight his few indiscretions and mistakes in life. You tryiong to say they don't only shows you to be a bitter hater. In fact, I'll go as far as to say you can't name 20 other fighters, and recite their past, who were as well known and as widely respected as Louis. Almost anybody you can find, I can can find a defect of character that accordiding to you would make them bad role models. Wanna bet?

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 05:28 AM
it was a typo........joe louis son put joe louis in a mental hospital because joe louis went crazy and was constantly paranoid.......another fact....
Ok... Sorry for the misunderstanding, & I appreciate that you recognise him as a good fighter, but how do you justify the source of his alleged misdemeanors?

Spartacus Sully
07-10-2009, 06:50 AM
Its not what some one does that makes them a role model but what they inspire you to do.

not sure if your familiar with the aa sponsor setup but there we have recovered addicts being role models to other addicts trying to recover. Their ability to quit being the inspiration to help another person quit. im sure for some people these are the most important role models they ever had. addicts sure, but addicts that overcame opposition.

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 06:58 AM
Its not what some one does that makes them a role model but what they inspire you to do.

not sure if your familiar with the aa sponsor setup but there we have recovered addicts being role models to other addicts trying to recover. Their ability to quit being the inspiration to help another person quit. im sure for some people these are the most important role models they ever had. addicts sure, but addicts that overcame opposition.
Very true.. You have to walk the walk b4 you talk the talk.. Those that have not, are rarely listened to.. That is life my friend...

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 07:22 AM
Ok... Sorry for the misunderstanding, & I appreciate that you recognise him as a good fighter, but how do you justify the source of his alleged misdemeanors?
FAO Billionaire....... I accept that Joe fought the demons throughout his retirement, but there is no way he KO'd a recognised female celebrity, let alone attempted to murder her, & I note that you haven't quoted this as a FACT...

Slimey Limey
07-10-2009, 09:31 AM
FAO Billionaire....... I accept that Joe fought the demons throughout his retirement, but there is no way he KO'd a recognised female celebrity, let alone attempted to murder her, & I note that you haven't quoted this as a FACT...

Of cource in your people's biased perceptions about Louis you still can't even imagine him doing it. Yet you Sticky Mickey are quick to lose respect for Ali. The proof is there, it's still up to you lads to disprove it.

SlimThug
07-10-2009, 09:43 AM
da tijuana mullet aka margaret

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 09:55 AM
Of cource in your people's biased perceptions about Louis you still can't even imagine him doing it. Yet you Sticky Mickey are quick to lose respect for Ali. The proof is there, it's still up to you lads to disprove it.
SOME respect Slimey, only some.. From a boxing point of view, Louis didn't avoid anyone & your tedious efforts to discredit him as an attempted murderer are now skating on very thin ice.

billionaire
07-10-2009, 06:13 PM
And how many so called role models have had messed up personal live at one time or another? Name me five, I'll name you ten who people look up to and their lives have been screwed up at one point or another. Louis' good deeds far outweight his few indiscretions and mistakes in life. You tryiong to say they don't only shows you to be a bitter hater. In fact, I'll go as far as to say you can't name 20 other fighters, and recite their past, who were as well known and as widely respected as Louis. Almost anybody you can find, I can can find a defect of character that accordiding to you would make them bad role models. Wanna bet?

the difference is joe louis huggers always want to talk about how great of a person he was......fans of other fighters pretty much talk about their boxing careers....

jab already confirmed its from joe louis book go back a few pages....btw im not calling him a murderer im saying this is not someone whose personal life needs to be idolized.....quick to talk about his fake public image but not about things like this....

mickey malone
07-10-2009, 07:09 PM
the difference is joe louis huggers always want to talk about how great of a person he was......fans of other fighters pretty much talk about their boxing careers....

jab already confirmed its from joe louis book go back a few pages....btw im not calling him a murderer im saying this is not someone whose personal life needs to be idolized.....quick to talk about his fake public image but not about things like this....
Oh please! It's not from Louis's book, it's from an edited biography from a pair of baseball buffs out'a Harlem.. It was 1978 & Louis was in hospital suffering from senile demensia.. Oh & Jab confirmed it did he? I can read, & I recall him accepting that people make mistakes & Louis used drugs after retirement, but the proposterous allegations of assult & battery are thus far still open to discussion.. I do believe Jab also wrote, 'Why didn't anyone call the police? Why was she able to scream while KO'd & being throttled? Why were no complaints made? They were just HIS questions...
Well MINE are: Where are the photo's stating her injuries? Because I'm 100% sure, that had there been any, it would'a been in every rag in town, not to mention the Encyclopedia Britannica.. And if she was a public figure, entertaining soldiers & so on, then how come nobody noticed? When it concerns one of the most famous people in the sporting world, you'd think so, wouldn't you?
Please don't think that I was referring to you, with ref to 'attempted murderer'.. That was in response to one of Slimes typical unfounded & slanderous accusations.. I've told him a 'Billion' times not to exaggerate! But he's a fool & doesn't understand.. He thinks it's BIG & CLEVER lol.. Now, he'll say, I've gone behind his back, but we're on the Internet for fvck sake! Makes me crack up! It exemplifies acute Baffoonary!
Anyway.. I made a mistake, by suggesting Louis as the PERFECT role model, but when I think of some of em, he wern't so bad.. BOO HOO! a bit of gear in retirement!

Well.... If THAT'S ALL YOU GOT!!!! ????

JAB5239
07-11-2009, 06:52 AM
[QUOTE=billionaire;5661111]the difference is joe louis huggers always want to talk about how great of a person he was......fans of other fighters pretty much talk about their boxing careers....

Come on man, Louis' career is constantly talked about. I could probably dig up 500 threads dedicated to talking about his career. The reason it's talked about how great a person he is, is because its very rare a fighter is respected for the person he was outside the ring as much as he was in it. And that says alot considering the caliber of fighter he was.

Joe's few indiscretions and demons are pretty much common knowledge. Point is though, what he did for his race, his country and for boxing far outweigh the mistakes he made. Everybody makes mistakes. How many people give as much back to society as he did though? That is why he's so respected and should be looked up to as a role model. Are there better role models? Im sure. But I know the are far more people that are looked up to that aren't even half the person Louis was.

GJC
07-11-2009, 02:51 PM
A phrase a always remember is that there is good in the worst of us and bad in the best of us.
I think if you look at any people who would be counted as hero's to many you will find they have the same foibles as others. Womanising has been levelled at Martin Luther King Jnr, Gandhi, JFK, FDR etc. Heavy drinking/alcoholism has been levelled at Churchill amongst many others
all of the above are inspirational figures to many

JAB5239
07-13-2009, 02:14 PM
Just another reason to respect the man. This was copied from another site.

The following excerpt is taken from the book The Fighters.
It's told by Johnny Ralph, a prominent South African heavyweight of the war era.

"It was also through Joe Kalick that I met and eventually sparred with Joe Louis, then still heavyweight champion of the world. I was matched to fight an American soldier by the name of Ike Robinson to entertain wounded soldiers in a Naples hospital.

Louis had arrived in the city just before, and Kalick asked him to referee the bout. It was a helluva fight with both of us covered in blood and practising some pretty dirty tricks on each other.
Louis just watched us through sleepy eyes and neither of us even got a warning. At the end, Louis lifted my hand, declared me the winner on points, and said a few kind words.
That was that, I thought.

But a few days later Kalick came to me and said: "Kid, how would you like to spar with Louis?" Would I just! To me it was a dream come true. It was arranged that an American heavyweight named Van Parks and I would each spar two rounds against Louis in an exhibition for all the troops in the area.

At the stadium I was ushered into a big room where the champion was being received by the big brass. I heard a loud American voice telling the world what boxing was really all about, and for a horrible moment I thought it was Joe Louis shouting.
Then I realised it was George Nicholson, his chief sparring partner, surrounded by a lot of people and doing some real boasting.
A little further away, relaxing in a corner and studying his fingernails with a bored expression was the great champion himself.
I went over and introduced myself.

"Ah, you're the white boy who fought the other night!" Joe said. "Good fight boy, where you from?"
I told him and we chatted for a few minutes. I must admit I was being quite overawed in his presence. He was so big and yet so quiet and soft-spoken that I could hardly believe this was really the great Brown Bomber.

Then we left for the dressing room and Van Parks was selected to go the first two rounds. Parks made a fool of himself that night. He was so scared of Louis that he jumped back every time the champion made a move, and once Louis actually held him with one hand, turned him around and whacked him on the backside with the open glove!

Sitting next to the ring waiting my turn, I realised that I had no hope whatsoever of really doing anything against Louis. 'Johnny, tonight you're going to get hammered' I mumbled to myself, but at the same time I was quite determined not to show any fear, as Parks did.
I didn't like the way the huge crowd of soldiers had laughed at the poor guy. At last Parks was rescued by the bell and then it was my turn.

Joe came out of his corner jabbing with his left and obviously intent on feeling me out. After all, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain. I soon discovered that I was much faster on my feet than the champion, and by dancing around him I was able to put on a fair show.
At the end of the first round I was really feeling good, and the shouts of the crowd were like music, but right at the start of the second round our heads accidently collided and Louis stepped back, lifted his glove to his cheekbone, and wiped it.
I could see him glaring at the glove for signs of blood but thank heavens there was no damage.

Then he moved in on me and I realised that he was going to teach me a lesson. He must have thought I butted him deliberately. I'll never forget the intentness of his eyes as he shuffled towards me.
The next moment, like lightning, I was hit on the jaw. Don't ask me how many punches. I was told there were four but for all I know it could have been one or ten.
Suddenly everything went black and I came to, still on my feet, with Joe's right arm holding me upright.

"You all right boy?" I heard him whisper, and then I realised that this wonderful gentleman had actually held me up to prevent me from falling and being ridiculed in front of my freinds.
That action of Joe Louis' I can never forget, even if I live to be a hundred."

Ziggy Stardust
07-13-2009, 02:32 PM
Joe came out of his corner jabbing with his left and obviously intent on feeling me out. After all, he had everything to lose and nothing to gain. I soon discovered that I was much faster on my feet than the champion, and by dancing around him I was able to put on a fair show.
At the end of the first round I was really feeling good, and the shouts of the crowd were like music, but right at the start of the second round our heads accidently collided and Louis stepped back, lifted his glove to his cheekbone, and wiped it.
I could see him glaring at the glove for signs of blood but thank heavens there was no damage.

Then he moved in on me and I realised that he was going to teach me a lesson. He must have thought I butted him deliberately. I'll never forget the intentness of his eyes as he shuffled towards me.
The next moment, like lightning, I was hit on the jaw. Don't ask me how many punches. I was told there were four but for all I know it could have been one or ten.
Suddenly everything went black and I came to, still on my feet, with Joe's right arm holding me upright.

"You all right boy?" I heard him whisper, and then I realised that this wonderful gentleman had actually held me up to prevent me from falling and being ridiculed in front of my freinds.
That action of Joe Louis' I can never forget, even if I live to be a hundred."

I read something very similar about Dempsey back in the early '90s in Ring Magazine.

This highly touted amatuer fought an exibition against Dempsey (a four rounder I think) sometime in the early 1920s and went the distance. Later in life people would tell him that they thought he could have taken Dempsey if they had fought with the title on the line. This is what he would tell them.

During the first round the amatuer boxed Demspey and did a fairly decent job. Coming out for the second he was feeling his oats and decided go for it. He nailed Dempsey with his "Sunday" punch and Jack just looked at him. All of a sudden "bang" and everything went black. Instead of feeling himself falling he felt two arms holding him upright and Dempsey's voice came into his ear saying: "Kid, these people came here to see a nice exibition. We don't want to spoil things for them by doing something silly now do we?"

Poet

JAB5239
07-14-2009, 11:24 AM
I read something very similar about Dempsey back in the early '90s in Ring Magazine.

This highly touted amatuer fought an exibition against Dempsey (a four rounder I think) sometime in the early 1920s and went the distance. Later in life people would tell him that they thought he could have taken Dempsey if they had fought with the title on the line. This is what he would tell them.

During the first round the amatuer boxed Demspey and did a fairly decent job. Coming out for the second he was feeling his oats and decided go for it. He nailed Dempsey with his "Sunday" punch and Jack just looked at him. All of a sudden "bang" and everything went black. Instead of feeling himself falling he felt two arms holding him upright and a Dempsey's voice came into his ear saying: "Kid, these people came here to see a nice exibition. We don't want to spoil things for them by doing something silly now do we?"

Poet

I really like both those stories.