View Full Version : Munroe to get title shot

D-MiZe
07-01-2009, 02:43 PM
Binman Rendall Munroe will get a world title shot next year after the Leicester super-bantamweight was ranked No 2 by the WBC.

Munroe, who backs up his boxing by working as a dustman, received the rating after adding the Commonwealth crown to his European title.

Promoter Frank Maloney said: “Rendall has worked hard to get himself into this position and I’m sure he can get the world title fight he craves inside the next 12 months.”

He deserves it to be honest.

:fing02:

alza1988
07-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Cool just checked the rankings here's the link
Champion Toshiaka Nishioka
1.Rafael Marquez
2.Rendall Munroe
3.Steve Molitor
http://www.wbcboxing.com/WBCboxing/Portal/cfpages/contentmgr.cfm?docId=106&docTipo=4&orderby=docid&sortby=ASC

Savino
07-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Hopefully he can get a shot but i personally don't think he will win a world title unless he quits the day job and trains full time.

D-MiZe
07-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Hopefully he can get a shot but i personally don't think he will win a world title unless he quits the day job and trains full time.

If he gets somewhat close to winning it or does win a title, then he'll definitely quit. But he's not getting any younger so he needs to do it soon.

:grumble:

Savino
07-01-2009, 06:01 PM
If he gets somewhat close to winning it or does win a title, then he'll definitely quit. But he's not getting any younger so he needs to do it soon.

:grumble:

he is in his late 20's now aint he?

obamausa8
07-01-2009, 09:26 PM
I am not so knowledgeable about this matter. So i have to learn it. Thanks for the post.

htt p://pret-auto.org

boxingp4p
07-01-2009, 09:38 PM

Lets hope he does . Frankly the lad well deserves it . He's basically conquered the domestic superbantamweight scene with his european and commonwealth titles so the next step is the world stage . IMO if he were to fight Steve Molitor he'd win.

D-MiZe
07-02-2009, 06:07 AM
he is in his late 20's now aint he?

Yeah, he's just turned 29.

Lets hope he does . Frankly the lad well deserves it . He's basically conquered the domestic superbantamweight scene with his european and commonwealth titles so the next step is the world stage . IMO if he were to fight Steve Molitor he'd win.

He's a very entertaining fighter, accurate punches and nice clean combos. He's definitely World level material.

D-MiZe
07-02-2009, 06:08 AM
Update:

Promoter, Frank Maloney is now trying to arrange a fight with current WBA Super bantamweight champion Bernard Dunne.

Winnable?

beecherhq
07-02-2009, 06:53 AM
Update:

Winnable?

Aslong as he doesn't get dragged into a brawl. Maloney says he's trying to get Jason Booth a world title shot as well. I think its the same deal with Booth and Munroe at world level they throw great accurate punches, good movement with a polished style but i don't know if either have the power to earn an opponents respect at world level.

alza1988
07-02-2009, 07:31 AM
I say it's time to step up as well.He's defintley somewhere between European and World level the only way he's gonnae know is if he steps up.Good big names from across the pond on boxrec but can't see anything decent in Europe.He's already made 4 defences of that EBU belt

mickey malone
07-03-2009, 04:02 PM
I agree.. The only world champs I can remember having 2 jobs were Paul Pender & Terry Marsh, who both doubled up as firemen.. However, I think most people would agree, it's not the done thing in pro boxing..
Munroe reminds me of Jim McDonnell who lost to Azumah Nelson for the WBC feather title.. He had a similar occupation, some sort of janitor I believe.. I wouldn't recommend it for top level though...

Sparked_1985
07-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Rendell Munroe is a huge super-bantam.

Not that he really uses his size all that much, if he went full-time I think he could be polished more, physically he is really impressive.