View Full Version : how to cheat training in FNR4

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 08:16 AM
Open sparring:

MAX boxer power and speed. Spam right hands and mix in other shots here and there. You'll knock the guy down a few times and get a very high score.

Stay on your feet:

MIN. power MAX toughness. Never been knocked down with that setting.

Heavy bag combos:

No cheating. Just be patient and do the motions correctly.

Heavy bag push:

MAX power and speed. very easy.

Double end bag:

Max speed and min power. This might be in my head but the bag seems to shake less. Bette accuracy.

Maize bag:

MAX speed. You can duck under the bag really fast and throw a jab.

Hopefully this will be helpful for folks having trouble with training :boxing:

Mersey
06-30-2009, 08:48 AM
I don't understand, you can change the settings before training? What's the "min power, max speed" etc about? I've never seen those options.

-PedoBear-
06-30-2009, 08:50 AM
I don't understand, you can change the settings before training? What's the "min power, max speed" etc about? I've never seen those options.

yeah, im confused too

JHAVIS
06-30-2009, 09:02 AM
Guess he's saying the max =6 , the highest number you can get while training for certain attributes. Min must =1, if this isn't what he's saying in confused also

JmtRyan
06-30-2009, 09:20 AM
I believe he's on about the sliders, move them up to the quickest, thus making your boxer super fast. Good tips, cheers ts.

the_blueprint
06-30-2009, 12:05 PM
where are theese?

TintaBoricua
06-30-2009, 12:51 PM
Use the options, guys. They're in the options. Press start while on the main menu of legacy mode and find it somewhere in there.

They're several sliders that let you adjust referee awareness, boxer's speed, boxer's power, CPU punch output, boxer's toughness, etc.

Nice find, thread starter...:boxing:

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 02:49 PM
Use the options, guys. They're in the options. Press start while on the main menu of legacy mode and find it somewhere in there.

They're several sliders that let you adjust referee awareness, boxer's speed, boxer's power, CPU punch output, boxer's toughness, etc.

Nice find, thread starter...:boxing:

Exactly. Before you train you can tailor the sliders to help you through the mini games.

the_blueprint
06-30-2009, 04:18 PM
Exactly. Before you train you can tailor the sliders to help you through the mini games.
wow, change the CPU punch output, so you could win every fight by KO in the first, boring but yeah could you?

and does this change your speed/power in the actuall fights

TintaBoricua
06-30-2009, 05:15 PM
wow, change the CPU punch output, so you could win every fight by KO in the first, boring but yeah could you?

I hadn't thought about that, but now you got me wondering.

Would make the Legacy mode pointless and boring, though. Imagine going through 30+ opponents throughout your career and no one wants to throw a single punch... :rofl:

J.R
06-30-2009, 06:04 PM
Open sparring:

MAX boxer power and speed. Spam right hands and mix in other shots here and there. You'll knock the guy down a few times and get a very high score.

Stay on your feet:

MIN. power MAX toughness. Never been knocked down with that setting.

Heavy bag combos:

No cheating. Just be patient and do the motions correctly.

Heavy bag push:

MAX power and speed. very easy.

Double end bag:

Max speed and min power. This might be in my head but the bag seems to shake less. Bette accuracy.

Maize bag:

MAX speed. You can duck under the bag really fast and throw a jab.

Hopefully this will be helpful for folks having trouble with training :boxing:

I'm not sure these work mate, every time iv'e done worse. Maybe they do and its just me, i hope they work for you. All the best.

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 06:20 PM
I'm not sure these work mate, every time iv'e done worse. Maybe they do and its just me, i hope they work for you. All the best.

Yeah I usually get champion on all the training mini games using these methods. A tiny bit of practice you'll be smashing jaws left and right.

Are there any ones that are particularly hard? I always have trouble with the maize bag and tend to get contender half the time with it.

Kinto
06-30-2009, 06:27 PM
The Maize Bag and Push Bag are from Satan.

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 06:27 PM

Yeah you could do that but I think it's way more fun to put 'em back up before the fight. Gotta earn your victories.

I got tired of most of my top 10 ranked fights playing out like foreman-moorer because I'm rated 72 and "casper miranda" is rated 96 haha

Oh and the speed/power raitings do work in the actual fight so if you want you can put them both all the way up while raising the cpu's offense/defense a little and have a hagler-hearns type fight.

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
The Maize Bag and Push Bag are from Satan.
Haha I f*cking hate the maize bag training. Try have your guy in a constant crouch NEVER stand upright. Maybe it's cuz my guy's 5'8" but when I stay in a crouch the bag can't hit my head. Lean your guy left and right rapidly and when it says punch do a jab and go back to leaning left and right. Alyways stay in the crouch. Hold that left trigger.

Push bag is ridiculously easy if you turn your power/speed sliders all the way up and punch patiently. You can get it all the way to the other side in about 30 seconds if you don't spam punches.

J.R
06-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Yeah I usually get champion on all the training mini games using these methods. A tiny bit of practice you'll be smashing jaws left and right.

Are there any ones that are particularly hard? I always have trouble with the maize bag and tend to get contender half the time with it.

Push bag mainly, the maize bag became harder and i got kocked out in sparring!!!! LOL

lance_uppercut
06-30-2009, 06:46 PM
Push bag mainly, the maize bag became harder and i got kocked out in sparring!!!! LOL
With the push bag do the settings in the first post and just be patient with the punching. Use nothing but hooks and hold off your offense between punches a little to make sure you don't miss. Witht he power and the speed all the way up your fighter will be like the incredible hulk on pcp and you'll get about 600 pts for every hook you land.

The maize bag throw a hook and a jab/straight or two for every zone when possible when it turns red don't worry about punching look at the floor for the next zone. The way to score the most points is just to make sure you nail all the multipliers just watch for the red at all times. When it turns red get ready to move.

The sparring I dunno about that one....seems to work for me. Keep a high guard and workrate and you should be able to knock him down 2-5 times with straight rights/hooks. The sparring is easier to do with this idea early on cuz your sparring partner will suck early on...but by the time your sparring partner is good you'll be a pretty tough mutha who can take a shot or two.

Kinto
06-30-2009, 11:28 PM
Haha I f*cking hate the maize bag training. Try have your guy in a constant crouch NEVER stand upright. Maybe it's cuz my guy's 5'8" but when I stay in a crouch the bag can't hit my head. Lean your guy left and right rapidly and when it says punch do a jab and go back to leaning left and right. Alyways stay in the crouch. Hold that left trigger.

Push bag is ridiculously easy if you turn your power/speed sliders all the way up and punch patiently. You can get it all the way to the other side in about 30 seconds if you don't spam punches.

Well I guess I have to edit my character because he is 6'2" just like I am but oh well my character doesn't look nothing like me so why should I make him that tall:firedevil thanks for the tip.

F l i c k e r
07-01-2009, 05:13 AM

Why do that? Just change the CPU defense setting so they act like Mayorga and willingly stick their chin out there for you. lol

nah but changing all that stuff makes it no fun. I cant bring myself to cheat.

S.G.
07-01-2009, 12:44 PM
On Maize Bag there's an exploit I found, just crouch down as far forward as possible and the bag can't hit you, so you can go back and forth really quickly without worrying

Only thing is, make sure you stay fully crouched when you throw your jab or straight, and sometimes my thumb slips off the stick from holding it in one direction for 2 minutes

Anyone got any tips for the Heavy Bag Push BTW? Besides the option changing stuff

Ukuzu
07-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Anybody experience having their boxer "stick" to the push bag?

I do well on this mini game until I get out of range from the bag and need to move forward. Even if I just try to move my boxer forward slightly, he charges forward and practically hugs the bag so I can't throw punches effectively anymore and the bag pushes me back to the beginning.