View Full Version : bringbackbunce.net

Savino
06-28-2009, 09:30 PM
please join bringbackbunce.net and show support to our campaign in gettin Steve Bunce back on the air.

will give everyone 5k each if they sign the petetion to join and give me there names and will donate ya the points.

Pretty Boy1
06-28-2009, 09:32 PM
please join bringbackbunce.net and show support to our campaign in gettin Steve Bunce back on the air.

will give everyone 5k each if they sign the petetion to join and give me there names and will donate ya the points.

I've already signed the petition, I also emailed that guy at Channel 5 and I emailed the link to some of my mates to get them to sign it!! Can I have 5k?

The RealDeal
06-29-2009, 06:56 AM
I already signed the petition and had emailed the Channel 5 email that was getting put about.

I'm not after any e-points on here though, hit me up with some green if you can though, tell all your friends to hit me up too :stickp4:

Hell get bunce on here to thank me while your at it !

Esquire Dale
06-29-2009, 07:34 AM

Signed up long ago =]

Axel Bowen-Dale

number 821 I think?

Savino
06-29-2009, 07:53 AM
according to Steve channel 5 ain't intrested in the show.

Pretty Boy1
06-29-2009, 08:06 AM

Damn Channel 5!! Hopefully he gets back on TV somkewhere else!!

The RealDeal
06-29-2009, 08:58 AM
I might have known Five wouldn't be interested, they would rather have a digital channel dedicated to Housewives with Aussie soaps on repeat all day.

Savino
06-29-2009, 10:21 AM
Steve said they had a meeting with channel 5 and they decided after 3minutes they wasn't intrested in the show.

The Scientist
06-29-2009, 10:25 AM
I don't watch the Bunce, but you folks shouldn't have anything Boxing related taken away from you. I signed the petition.

Hugo Angel #893

Hope you get the show back!

Leakbeak
06-29-2009, 11:43 AM
Steve Bunce talks **** at times, but it was the only boxing show that covered all angles. Even fights that were on Sky Box Office were covered, whereas Sky Sports News use to show weigh ins for British title fights when a major fight weekend was going to Setanta! Setanta gave good VFM with live EPL, Boxing, IPL, and Gaelic football. Class!

The RealDeal
06-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Steve said they had a meeting with channel 5 and they decided after 3minutes they wasn't intrested in the show.

Shocking, they shouldn't have wasted his time.

Pretty Boy1
06-29-2009, 02:09 PM
I thought Bravo and Virgin 1 were interested aswell! Any news on negotiations with them or was it just rumours?

Necrophobic
06-29-2009, 02:16 PM

Bastards. they should be lynched, the whole lot of them.

The RealDeal
06-29-2009, 02:40 PM
I thought Bravo and Virgin 1 were interested aswell! Any news on negotiations with them or was it just rumours?

Noting new yet.

Savino
07-01-2009, 07:48 AM
anyone fancy sending few pm's to bigpoppapump and other site owners to see if we can get boxingscence to go onto bringbackbunce and give this sites backing to the campaign. they have alot of sites already showin the support so hopefully we can get this one.

it will benefit this site and us boxing fans by gettin it back on the air. hopefully we can get the backing.

toysale
07-01-2009, 08:01 AM
I might just be not looking properly but where's the sign the petition thing? Can't see it anywehere on any of the pages.

toysale
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Surely ITV will take it as well thinking about it or are they in as much trouble as Setanta were?

D-MiZe
07-01-2009, 08:03 AM
Channel 5 sucks dick anyway.

Steve belongs on digital TV.

Can't see which channel though. If ITV4 wasn't dropping boxing, they'd probably pick him up.

Savino
07-01-2009, 06:47 PM
Channel 5 sucks dick anyway.

Steve belongs on digital TV.

Can't see which channel though. If ITV4 wasn't dropping boxing, they'd probably pick him up.

apprently ESPN are intrested in the show.

-----------
07-01-2009, 06:53 PM
apprently espn are intrested in the show.

how do you know?

The Surgeon
07-02-2009, 01:31 PM
Just did,woulda done it earlier but hadnt noticed the thread! We NEED the show back on air it was great!

denboy
07-02-2009, 02:58 PM
First the details for the BBC London 94.9 hit at 9pm on Thursday for one hour. It***8217;s my usual show, but no rugby or frisbee tomorrow night form nine. It***8217;s our sport! It***8217;s available to everybody online. Go through the BBC site and find BBC London. If you want to speak call, 0207 224 2000, text 07786 200 949 and by email: london.sport@bbc.co.uk. Get in touch, all of you from 9pm. I***8217;ve got a great line-up, trust me. I will get Andy on....

from bunce on the site (bringbackbunce.net)

Be sure to tune in fellas tonight at 9

Monkz
07-02-2009, 04:14 PM
Just signed up, Bring back Bunce!! :boxing:

BetterCallSaul
07-02-2009, 05:00 PM
its nice to hear bunces voice again.

We need Bunce and Andy back!!!

WelshDevilRob
07-02-2009, 05:07 PM
I backed this. Bring back the big man.

Savino
07-02-2009, 06:14 PM
Because Bunce never mentions this site on his show and he never comes on it

BBP told me they weren't intrested and would only publish an article about it. It's a shame really cos we need every help we can.

I missed the show tonight. the missus made me take her shoppin in Manchester and forgot about it...*****.

hopefully be a link online tomorrow so can give a listen. Steve said they are gonna have 4 Boxing hour shows in July.

-----------
07-02-2009, 06:22 PM

He has been on it before

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/search.php?searchid=2295133

This was his account, I think he had another one on here too before that one

Leakbeak
07-02-2009, 08:33 PM
Shocking, they shouldn't have wasted his time.

He probably said something to piss them off or annoy them. I don't like Buncey's punditry but there are no boxing programmes on TV and his he did pull it off as a good hype machine to feed **** to the average beer bellied WMC/pub dwelling Ricky Hatton fan. I bet he was the reason why they put so much money on him beating Floyd Jr at the bookies.

Slimey Limey
07-03-2009, 12:02 PM
This is very important. Not just for us Limeys, but how many fight streams have the rest of the boxing fans gotten because of them?
Bring it back.

The RealDeal
07-03-2009, 12:04 PM
This is very important. Not just for us Limeys, but how many fight streams have the rest of the boxing fans gotten because of them?
Bring it back.

Sign the petition on the the website and get behind the lads !

Necrophobic
07-03-2009, 12:19 PM
its nice to hear bunces voice again.

S.G.
07-03-2009, 01:35 PM
i don't understand why boxingscene admins refuse to support the campaign? just about every other boxing site on the net has

Sick/
07-03-2009, 02:07 PM
i don't understand why boxingscene admins refuse to support the campaign? just about every other boxing site on the net has

The RealDeal
07-04-2009, 07:04 AM
Lets get Bunce and Andy back soon !!!

Savino
07-04-2009, 07:11 AM
I'm sure Steve mentioned last night that the is nothing in the pipe line yet and he is still tryin. hopefully in next month or so we can get him back on air.

on bringbackbunce.net they will have few more british fighters showin the support by monday.

The RealDeal
07-04-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm sure Steve mentioned last night that the is nothing in the pipe line yet and he is still tryin. hopefully in next month or so we can get him back on air.

on bringbackbunce.net they will have few more british fighters showin the support by monday.

This is getting depressing, even Michael Jackson couldn't take it when he heard the show was canceled.

Savino
07-04-2009, 07:26 AM
This is getting depressing, even Michael Jackson couldn't take it when he heard the show was canceled.

:D

I'm gonna go on ESB and see what he actually posted and put it up on here.

Savino
07-04-2009, 07:30 AM
Here is what Steve said last night.

I never met with C5. A geezer there - the head of sport - rejected a boxing chat show. It took him about 3 minutes to decide and kick the idea of a Bunce Hour into touch! I've since found out that he's on his way out. I've not met with anybody. I've just listened. There was a bit of confusion.

will continue to post his comments so people can hear what he has to say on here.

Necrophobic
07-04-2009, 07:33 AM
look on boxrec!

The RealDeal
07-04-2009, 07:37 AM
Here is what Steve said last night.

I never met with C5. A geezer there - the head of sport - rejected a boxing chat show. It took him about 3 minutes to decide and kick the idea of a Bunce Hour into touch! I've since found out that he's on his way out. I've not met with anybody. I've just listened. There was a bit of confusion.

will continue to post his comments so people can hear what he has to say on here.

Keep it coming mate.

Savino
07-05-2009, 07:41 PM
Steve just posted on ESB that it could be a big week for the website. alot of fighters are expected to be on the site tomorrow including an olympic gold medalist.

Savino
07-11-2009, 10:21 AM
I heard that Bunce is gonna be having talks with a channel in next few days.

Leakbeak
07-12-2009, 04:28 AM
I ****ing wish that he never makes it back on a British TV

The RealDeal
07-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I ****ing wish that he never makes it back on a British TV

Good for you !

Savino
07-14-2009, 06:46 PM
It's not looking good for the show at the minute. Steve mentioned that he ain't got any talks coming up and he is gonna try get a radio show going for time been.

Savino
07-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I'm hearing Stevie Boy is in talks with a channel this week to get the show picked up.

Adam_Laiolo
07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
we need buncey back

Adam_Laiolo
07-26-2009, 07:38 PM
andy kerr covred the bobby robson match

Adam_Laiolo
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
bring back the legend that is

Adam_Laiolo
07-26-2009, 07:39 PM
Steve Bunce

Savino
07-26-2009, 07:51 PM
andy kerr covred the bobby robson match

good to hear Andy is back in work.

MOTHER DUCKER
07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Savino are you DirkDiggler i think it is? if so can you make more youtube vids they are funny!

Pretty Boy1
07-29-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm hearing Stevie Boy is in talks with a channel this week to get the show picked up.

Do you know which channel?

The RealDeal
07-29-2009, 03:53 PM
I don't think they are coming back now, its been too long.

Savino
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Do you know which channel?

No. But the is now talk of a Radio show every week. We have been sending emails to channel 5 and ESPN non-stop so hopefully one of them picks up the show. I know that the Bunce Boxing hour on Setanta got more viewers than the Ultimate talk they had.

Savino
07-29-2009, 06:03 PM
Savino are you DirkDiggler i think it is? if so can you make more youtube vids they are funny!

No. over on ESB post as Savino too.

Savino
07-29-2009, 06:04 PM
I don't think they are coming back now, its been too long.

don't give up hope sir. we need to be positive an hope it is back on the tele asap.

The RealDeal
07-30-2009, 03:40 PM
don't give up hope sir. we need to be positive an hope it is back on the tele asap.

You can forget Channel 5 mate, I already went down that root and after waiting ages on a reply it was ****, they would rather show ****e like Neighbors and Home and Away than Bunce's Boxing Hour.

See for yourself, here is an email I sent to Channel Five's Robert Charles on 25/06/2009 :

Dear Robert,

Although this may seem like an unusual email, there has been much talk about the death of British Boxing with the demise of Setanta.
I and a few other supporters thought of Channel Five as an ideal network to take over from Setanta and at the same time will up your own game in becoming a formidable force in the UK sports market.

With Setanta now gone, alot of the US Fights with Golden Boy promotions amongst others and all of the UFC rights to air in the UK are now siting by, waiting to be picked up, with ITV4 announcing they will no longer cover boxing in the UK as of January 2010 then who else is there ???

UFC and a huge chunk of US and UK Boxing is there for the taking, your network is a favourite of mine and to be honest your two digital channels would be much better if at least one of them was sport themed rather than Home and Away housewife tv.

Alot of us fans of Steve Bunce's Boxing Hour are rooting for Channel Five above all else, all you need to do is take the step and not be the next Setanta but be a better Channel Five !

Best Regards,

And here is the response I got today 22/07/2009 :

Thank you for your note regarding the Steve Bunce Boxing Programme.

As you know Setanta decided to broadcast a significant amount of boxing on their channel, including more than 40 live shows a year. With that commitment to the sport itís not surprising that they had a regular magazine show to complement their output.

Five has a limited amount of boxing, generally the ESPN Friday Night Fights played in out Late Night Sports spot. We donít, therefore have enough of a commitment to commission a boxing show of this type.

Itís worth pointing out that Setanta had a huge amount of airtime to fill on their dedicated sports channels whereas on a terrestrial entertainment channel there are many other programmes competing for a place in the schedule. Although you clearly have a strong commitment to the show and may disagree I donít believe it would be popular enough to displace other programming and that is how we have to make commissioning decisions.

Iím sure Steveís talents wonít be lost to broadcasting but I donít envisage this show coming to Five in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Robert Charles

News, entertainment, sport and drama from Channel Five at Five.tv

Necrophobic
07-30-2009, 03:45 PM
You can forget Channel 5 mate, I already went down that root and after waiting ages on a reply it was ****, they would rather show ****e like Neighbors and Home and Away than Bunce's Boxing Hour.

See for yourself, here is an email I sent to Channel Five's Robert Charles on 25/06/2009 :

Dear Robert,

Although this may seem like an unusual email, there has been much talk about the death of British Boxing with the demise of Setanta.
I and a few other supporters thought of Channel Five as an ideal network to take over from Setanta and at the same time will up your own game in becoming a formidable force in the UK sports market.

With Setanta now gone, alot of the US Fights with Golden Boy promotions amongst others and all of the UFC rights to air in the UK are now siting by, waiting to be picked up, with ITV4 announcing they will no longer cover boxing in the UK as of January 2010 then who else is there ???

UFC and a huge chunk of US and UK Boxing is there for the taking, your network is a favourite of mine and to be honest your two digital channels would be much better if at least one of them was sport themed rather than Home and Away housewife tv.

Alot of us fans of Steve Bunce's Boxing Hour are rooting for Channel Five above all else, all you need to do is take the step and not be the next Setanta but be a better Channel Five !

Best Regards,

And here is the response I got today 22/07/2009 :

Thank you for your note regarding the Steve Bunce Boxing Programme.

As you know Setanta decided to broadcast a significant amount of boxing on their channel, including more than 40 live shows a year. With that commitment to the sport itís not surprising that they had a regular magazine show to complement their output.

Five has a limited amount of boxing, generally the ESPN Friday Night Fights played in out Late Night Sports spot. We donít, therefore have enough of a commitment to commission a boxing show of this type.

Itís worth pointing out that Setanta had a huge amount of airtime to fill on their dedicated sports channels whereas on a terrestrial entertainment channel there are many other programmes competing for a place in the schedule. Although you clearly have a strong commitment to the show and may disagree I donít believe it would be popular enough to displace other programming and that is how we have to make commissioning decisions.

Iím sure Steveís talents wonít be lost to broadcasting but I donít envisage this show coming to Five in the near future.

Yours sincerely

Robert Charles

News, entertainment, sport and drama from Channel Five at Five.tv

cunt. i hope the kerrminator petrol bombs his house.

paul750
07-30-2009, 03:51 PM
Yeah, the Aussie soaps are pretty bad, but a fair amount of people still watch them. That's just the way it is. It's all about ratings.

The RealDeal
07-30-2009, 04:05 PM
cunt. i hope the kerrminator petrol bombs his house.

Yeah, the Aussie soaps are pretty bad, but a fair amount of people still watch them. That's just the way it is. It's all about ratings.

They are a waste of space, Five Life is for housewives and Five US is for Van Damme and Segal films as well as constant CSI (whatever city it is this time) episode repeats.

They could have made one a Sports channel easily and just spread the soaps and CSI with the odd film on the other one.

AndyShitHot
08-02-2009, 05:20 PM
Damn I have actually missed the radio show the past couple of weeks but the first 2 weeks was brilliant to have Bunce back in some kind of capacity, will defo listen again this Thursday. Also Andy has a job at ITV now which is good, I wanna see a dedicated subscription ITV Sport channel turn up (as I mentioned in another thread earlier today), that would be the perfect place to bring the Bunce Boxing Hour back to and would also allow ITV to continue showing UK boxing and maybe show more of a commitment to Boxing by showing the Showtime Super Six Tournament as well as a bit of US Boxing. That would be perfect, I would happily pay at least £9.99 a month for that.

Savino
08-02-2009, 05:30 PM
Damn I have actually missed the radio show the past couple of weeks but the first 2 weeks was brilliant to have Bunce back in some kind of capacity, will defo listen again this Thursday. Also Andy has a job at ITV now which is good, I wanna see a dedicated subscription ITV Sport channel turn up (as I mentioned in another thread earlier today), that would be the perfect place to bring the Bunce Boxing Hour back to and would also allow ITV to continue showing UK boxing and maybe show more of a commitment to Boxing by showing the Showtime Super Six Tournament as well as a bit of US Boxing. That would be perfect, I would happily pay at least £9.99 a month for that.

The radio shows are up at bringbackbunce.net

Andy works for ITN who own ITV so good to hear he never lost his job completely.

The RealDeal
08-02-2009, 05:48 PM

Sounds good to me, I'd pay for that.

Savino
08-13-2009, 09:58 AM
Steve is gonna do a live tour in the up and coming months.

I know he is going to Newcastle, London, Manchester, Belfast and somewhere in Scotland. The is gonna be a site called buncelive.com that is coming soon so check it out if you wanna get tickets. Steve mentioned that the tickets are gonna be at a reasonable price too. think i'm gonna go to the one in Manchester.

The RealDeal
08-13-2009, 02:01 PM
Steve is gonna do a live tour in the up and coming months.

I know he is going to Newcastle, London, Manchester, Belfast and somewhere in Scotland. The is gonna be a site called buncelive.com that is coming soon so check it out if you wanna get tickets. Steve mentioned that the tickets are gonna be at a reasonable price too. think i'm gonna go to the one in Manchester.

But when is he coming back to tv with Andy Kerr !?

:wtf1:

Savino
08-13-2009, 08:58 PM
But when is he coming back to tv with Andy Kerr !?

:wtf1:

No chance of it mate. Andy is in a contract with ITN and no stations are intrested in showing the show on tele. I think Steve is gonna try set up a weekly radio show from now on.

I will give him a PM on ESB or BBB.net tomorrow and find out how's it looking for a TV deal.

Our only hope is ESPN see the potential in the show and pick it up.

The RealDeal
08-14-2009, 01:50 PM
No chance of it mate. Andy is in a contract with ITN and no stations are intrested in showing the show on tele. I think Steve is gonna try set up a weekly radio show from now on.

I will give him a PM on ESB or BBB.net tomorrow and find out how's it looking for a TV deal.

Our only hope is ESPN see the potential in the show and pick it up.

No one is interested in a radio show after having Setanta air a good one for a decent length of time.

Savino
09-25-2009, 10:33 AM
Latest updates.

The show won't be picked up.

BBC decided to have a Boxing hour on radio 5.

Bunce talks Boxing on william hill website now.

Here is a link from his show today.

http://news.williamhill.com/a/boxing/bunceys-boxing-podcast-friday-sept-25th/