View Full Version : Who Do You Rank In Terms Of ATG-Archie Moore Or Mickey Walker????

winky44
06-28-2009, 02:15 PM
Well? Who do you rank higher in a ATG List????

Joey Giardello
06-28-2009, 03:43 PM
Archie moore for me

winky44
06-28-2009, 04:18 PM
any1 else???

mickey malone
06-28-2009, 04:26 PM
Well? Who do you rank higher in a ATG List????
Moore.... Hands down... More KO's than anybody..

Done better at HW to...

Was also more dominant at L/H than Walker was at MW..

GJC
06-28-2009, 04:34 PM
Moore for me, Walker was some fighter though

winky44
06-28-2009, 04:46 PM
Moore for me, Walker was some fighter though

Reasons????

McGoorty
09-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Reasons????
I put Walker just ahead in the greatness stakes..... but having said that,,,, I think Moore was more talented,,,, and if both were the same size and weight, I'd back Archie in the fight.... I pick Walker because he was more successful across more weights......... but Moore was a helluva MW too........ this is a really tough pick.

Barn
09-12-2011, 01:03 PM
Walker ranks higher. He was a better all around fighter than Moore.
Better all round skin colour too.

I will take Walker in this one, but it really is close. Similar resumes , both have a lot of wins against top opposition and even better HOF opposition. They also both lost to the best fighters they ever faced (Greb, Charles). Made defences of their titles, although Walker was a 2 weight champ which really adds to his side, and also gave up lots and lots of weight as much as 50Ibs (Wright.)

As I said I'll take Walker but, only by a razor.

McGoorty
09-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Better all round skin colour too.

I will take Walker in this one, but it really is close. Similar resumes , both have a lot of wins against top opposition and even better HOF opposition. They also both lost to the best fighters they ever faced (Greb, Charles). Made defences of their titles, although Walker was a 2 weight champ which really adds to his side, and also gave up lots and lots of weight as much as 50Ibs (Wright.)

As I said I'll take Walker but, only by a shade.
Shade....... DAVE SHADE ?????

Barn
09-12-2011, 01:45 PM
Shade....... DAVE SHADE ?????
Well played! :lol1:

McGoorty
09-12-2011, 02:06 PM
Well played! :lol1:
Well I didn't dare use the other connotation for "Shade"............ seriously though,, Dave is a H.O.F'er.

Steak
09-12-2011, 02:46 PM
clearly Moore for me. He beat high level opposition at Middleweight, LHW, and even Heavyweight. Tons of wins over HOF fighters on his record(particularly over Maxim, Harold Johnson, Bivins, Holman Williams, and Lloyd Marshall), and then add in the fact he was in his late 40s and still getting very good wins. And Moore was probably older than he was even listed.

Granted, Ill admit I dont know a TON about Walker. But Moore in general to me is one of the greatest fighters ever, top 10 all time. Its very difficult to rank fighters above him in terms of greatness.

Barn
09-12-2011, 02:56 PM
Well I didn't dare use the other connotation for "Shade"............ seriously though,, Dave is a H.O.F'er.
Oh **** that looks bad :lol1: It's getting edited.

McGoorty
09-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Oh **** that looks bad :lol1: It's getting edited.
Ah,... now you see what I saw....... LOL............ but my first post was funnier. Seriously though mate, a word is just a word, it's just that it can be twisted...... I'm finding some interesting old threads tonight.