View Full Version : A Prime Joe Louis vs Rocky Marcaino

winky44
06-28-2009, 02:06 PM
How does a prime Joe Louis fair against the Rock?????

winky44
06-28-2009, 05:42 PM
Any1??????

RightCross94
06-28-2009, 05:47 PM
Louis by knockout

Slimey Limey
06-28-2009, 07:53 PM
Look at my avy. Marciano had his number.

Louis was knocked down and hurt often by bums who couldn't finish. Marciano would no doubt hurt Louis and finish him off brutally in the later rounds.

bklynboy
06-28-2009, 08:11 PM
Louis by knockout

Louis was by far the better fighter. The Old Mongoose came close to knocking out Rocky so it is possible that Louis would KO Rocky.
It would be a good fight. Louis won some rounds against Marciano.

The only question is -- would Marciano KO Louis in round 13 as he did Walcott?

Overall I think that Rocky matches up better with Ali than he did with Louis.

The Iron Man
06-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Look at my avy. Marciano had his number

Yes a 28 year old Marciano did have Louis' number when he was 37 years old....

mickey malone
06-29-2009, 07:25 AM
A prime Louis would hurt Rocky...

BEEHOP
06-29-2009, 07:38 AM
Joe Louis would have KO'd him to be honest.

Slimey Limey
06-29-2009, 10:08 AM
Louis was by far the better fighter. The Old Mongoose came close to knocking out Rocky so it is possible that Louis would KO Rocky.
It would be a good fight. Louis won some rounds against Marciano.

The only question is -- would Marciano KO Louis in round 13 as he did Walcott?

Overall I think that Rocky matches up better with Ali than he did with Louis.

How the hell did Archie come close to knocking Rocky out? Because he had a flash knockdown in which Rocky was clearly off balance? And then found himself to be a punching bag for several rounds before being stopped.

If so Louis was "almost knocked out" a load of times because even bums like Tony Galento have managed to hurt or knock him down.

Joe Louis was brutally knocked out twice in his career. One in which he was in his prime. You cannot have that kind of vulnerability against Rocky. Joe was a little over 10 pounds heavier than Marciano so he had no size advantage either.

Yes a 28 year old Marciano did have Louis' number when he was 37 years old....

Marciano has a better chin, more stamina and he can actually finish fighters off when they're hurt unlike the BUMS that have been able to hurt Louis.

Everybody look at the avatar. Stare at it.

GJC
06-29-2009, 10:15 AM
10 fights i'd fancy Louis to win 7 Marciano to win 3.
Louis is the better fighter but he did have some *****s that Marciano could exploit for sure.
The Louis Marciano fight they did have should have no bearing on this discussion it was the Ali v Holmes of their generation.

bklynboy
06-29-2009, 12:37 PM
How the hell did Archie come close to knocking Rocky out? Because he had a flash knockdown in which Rocky was clearly off balance? And then found himself to be a punching bag for several rounds before being stopped.

If so Louis was "almost knocked out" a load of times because even bums like Tony Galento have managed to hurt or knock him down.

Marciano had a deceptively good defense. Jersey Joe thought he was going to be easy to hit and hurt. Louis had excellent defense skills, great balance, jab and power. Lot's of people --maybe not you -- say that Louis couldn't stop Marciano. Louis had the power to hurt anyone, including Marciano. I mentioned Archie because I thought that punch was more than a flash knockdown. It hurt Marciano. Now we both know that hurting a fighter and stopping him are two completely different things, especially fighters such as Marciano.

In their fight Louis won a few rounds, 12 years earlier he would have won more than a few rounds.

Marciano has a better chin, more stamina and he can actually finish fighters off when they're hurt unlike the BUMS that have been able to hurt Louis.

Marciano was an excellent finisher. If he would have hurt a prime Louis he would have the ability to finish him. But Louis, like Marciano, was resiliant.

I would give Louis the edge because of his skill, speed and Marciano's wide punches. I would give Marciano the edge in his chin, power and willingness to go to hell and back for the win.

Louis was the better BOXER but that doesn't mean he would dominate Marciano, just that if they fought 5 times I think that Louis would win 3. Furthermore I think that Louis would adapt better after the first couple fights; stay away from Marciano's power and win rounds.

bklynboy
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Regarding the avatar. That was the best f**king one-punch knockout I've ever seen. That sort of power that late in a fight is unbelievable.

The Iron Man
06-29-2009, 12:41 PM

Louis had better Agility, was a better puncher and a better defence. These sorts of lists dont determine fights between ATG. I can stare all that picture, all i see is a top 2 ATG heavy way past his prime being beaten by an overated but still great Marciano.

Slimey Limey
06-29-2009, 04:10 PM
10 fights i'd fancy Louis to win 7 Marciano to win 3.
Louis is the better fighter but he did have some *****s that Marciano could exploit for sure.
The Louis Marciano fight they did have should have no bearing on this discussion it was the Ali v Holmes of their generation.

Oh really? Louis was on a long winning streak and had only lost to the younger CHarles who would was going to be a bad styles matchup for Louis at any age.

The last thing to go away is power, and Joe was never able to hurt a pre prime Rocky Marciano. Figuring that Louis was considered to be the greatest puncher of all time he wasn't even able to shake him up.

Now you lads are saying a prime Louis would easily KO him??? Laughable and dishonest.

Look at the avatar.

Louis had better Agility, was a better puncher and a better defence. These sorts of lists dont determine fights between ATG. I can stare all that picture, all i see is a top 2 ATG heavy way past his prime being beaten by an overated but still great Marciano.

Better agility? Louis is known for slowly plotting in one forward direction. Agile my beautiful arse.

Better puncher I don't think so. Marciano did not know what rest meant. He punched a guy non stop unlike Louis who needs his space for that 1 big punch. Marciano would not give him space.

Better defense? Then why did Two Ton beached whale Galento knock him down? Left hand low. Even a fookin amateur knows better than that.

GJC
06-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Oh really? Louis was on a long winning streak and had only lost to the younger CHarles who would was going to be a bad styles matchup for Louis at any age.

The last thing to go away is power, and Joe was never able to hurt a pre prime Rocky Marciano. Figuring that Louis was considered to be the greatest puncher of all time he wasn't even able to shake him up.

Now you lads are saying a prime Louis would easily KO him??? Laughable and dishonest.

Look at the avatar.

Better agility? Louis is known for slowly plotting in one forward direction. Agile my beautiful arse.

Better puncher I don't think so. Marciano did not know what rest meant. He punched a guy non stop unlike Louis who needs his space for that 1 big punch. Marciano would not give him space.

Better defense? Then why did Two Ton beached whale Galento knock him down? Left hand low. Even a fookin amateur knows better than that.
I'm a big Marciano fan oh really. The punch is the last thing to go the reflexes are one of the first, Louis was finished when he fought Marciano you can't count that fight in all fairness. I know you don't like Louis but have you ever seen him fight? Louis didn't rely on one big punch he relied on combinations. I never said that Louis would easily KO him, like I said in 10 fights I would fancy Marciano to win 3 I would certainly listen to an argument it could be 4 but it seems that you have decided that Louis couldn't ever beat Louis? Can't agree with that and like I say I'm a big Marciano fan.

GJC
06-29-2009, 05:03 PM
Incidently the *****s word that was edited out was chin.ks, not meant to be the offensive slang for chinese! Amazing that was edited when you see some of the words that get through.

Slimey Limey
06-29-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm a big Marciano fan oh really. The punch is the last thing to go the reflexes are one of the first, Louis was finished when he fought Marciano you can't count that fight in all fairness. I know you don't like Louis but have you ever seen him fight? Louis didn't rely on one big punch he relied on combinations. I never said that Louis would easily KO him, like I said in 10 fights I would fancy Marciano to win 3 I would certainly listen to an argument it could be 4 but it seems that you have decided that Louis couldn't ever beat Louis? Can't agree with that and like I say I'm a big Marciano fan.

He was finished because Marciano was the man that finished him. I can count that fight mate. Louis had a long winning streak and only lost to another ATG who was a bad styles matchup for him(Charles may have beaten a prime Louis as well.)

A prime Louis would last a little longer. Maybe he'd win 1 or even 2. Marciano is a terrible styles matchup for him.
You need an Ali or a Foreman to beat him. Granite chinned, one great mover and jab, the other can slug with anyone in history just like Rocky.

Louis lacks the chin and size to KO Rocky. He also wouldn't last for a UD. Marciano would catch up to him every time.

billionaire
06-29-2009, 05:33 PM
lol at that rocky ****sucka.....he retired at 32 with his busted up face he wouldve never made it to a title fight at 37.....truth is no one knows who would win in their prime but i give the edge to louis because he had better technique........

Slimey Limey
06-29-2009, 07:01 PM
lol at that rocky ****sucka.....he retired at 32 with his busted up face he wouldve never made it to a title fight at 37.....truth is no one knows who would win in their prime but i give the edge to louis because he had better technique........

He "beeez" retiyad a' 32 "cuz" "hiz" back "beeez" too injuhd. Nahbeezsayin?

The Iron Man
06-29-2009, 07:52 PM

Marciano was probably the least agile of the ATG heavies, i never said Louis was a very agile heavy im just saying he was more agile than Marciano. Just a stat in a list like you did earlier, proving nothing.
Louis was by far a better puncher, Marciano may have punched all night long but his punches were not as accurate as Louis' who also had a decent amount of power to back up his accuracy.
Yeh a better defence than Marciano, who got bloody and battered in most of his fights and all of his "big" fights. An amateur also knows not to block most of your opponents punches with your face.

Louis lacks the chin and size to KO Rocky. He also wouldn't last for a UD. Marciano would catch up to him every time.

Size? he lacked the size to KO Rocky. I remember in other threads you getting very angry at people sayin Rocky was to small (only 185lbs) to knock out other ATG or punch as hard as Tyson, Foreman, Lewis, Liston, Shavers.....

Louis knocked out fighters way bigger than Rocky, e.g. Abe Simon and Primo Carnera. Louis had the power to KO Rocky.

phallus
06-29-2009, 10:06 PM
louis had the better skills and talent, still the rock had the kind of power and determination that after losing / being beaten up for 10 rounds he could still knock u out. i think a prime louis would win every second of every round on the scorecard and still get KTFO'd at the end of the fight. all it takes with rocky is one shot, and he'd have lots of chances to land the big right hand

Slimey Limey
06-30-2009, 07:46 AM
Marciano was probably the least agile of the ATG heavies, i never said Louis was a very agile heavy im just saying he was more agile than Marciano. Just a stat in a list like you did earlier, proving nothing.
Louis was by far a better puncher, Marciano may have punched all night long but his punches were not as accurate as Louis' who also had a decent amount of power to back up his accuracy.
Yeh a better defence than Marciano, who got bloody and battered in most of his fights and all of his "big" fights. An amateur also knows not to block most of your opponents punches with your face.

Size? he lacked the size to KO Rocky. I remember in other threads you getting very angry at people sayin Rocky was to small (only 185lbs) to knock out other ATG or punch as hard as Tyson, Foreman, Lewis, Liston, Shavers.....

Louis knocked out fighters way bigger than Rocky, e.g. Abe Simon and Primo Carnera. Louis had the power to KO Rocky.

You mentioning agility between these two men is the most irrelevant thing you could have came up with.

Louis "by far" a better puncher? Great old school bias there, BY FAR even. Every punch Rocky hit you with had the same amount of power from round 1 till round 15. He was great on the inside as well as outside unlike Louis who needed space and create room for his fancy ko's.

If Marciano's defense was as bad as you say it was he would have been ko'd many times. Yet Louis the bumbeater couldn't even faze him once in their actual match. Rocky's defense was deceptive, there's plenty of vids proving your stereotype wrong.

And I mentioned size because i know that's ALL you care about. You in particular just compare the fighters' weights and see who wins in a matchup. That's YOUR thing mate, not me. So I mentioned the fact that Louis would not have a size advantage.

AGain Louis could not KO a more rusty and younger Rocky when he had just come out of a huge winning streak showing he never lost his power. Like I said, he couldn't even faze him while he ended up half murdered out of the ring through the ropes with his eyes rolling back.

The Iron Man
06-30-2009, 08:52 AM
You mentioning agility between these two men is the most irrelevant thing you could have came up with.

Louis "by far" a better puncher? Great old school bias there, BY FAR even. Every punch Rocky hit you with had the same amount of power from round 1 till round 15. He was great on the inside as well as outside unlike Louis who needed space and create room for his fancy ko's.

If Marciano's defense was as bad as you say it was he would have been ko'd many times. Yet Louis the bumbeater couldn't even faze him once in their actual match. Rocky's defense was deceptive, there's plenty of vids proving your stereotype wrong.

And I mentioned size because i know that's ALL you care about. You in particular just compare the fighters' weights and see who wins in a matchup. That's YOUR thing mate, not me. So I mentioned the fact that Louis would not have a size advantage.

AGain Louis could not KO a more rusty and younger Rocky when he had just come out of a huge winning streak showing he never lost his power. Like I said, he couldn't even faze him while he ended up half murdered out of the ring through the ropes with his eyes rolling back.

I mentioned agility, among other things in a list just as you did. Just to show how useless it is doing that.
Louis is a better puncher than Rocky, its not all about power. He was very accurate and when he had a guy hurt he got him out of there. Which is why he is #1 on the Ring Magazines list as the greatest puncher of all time. I am not bias towards the older fighters at all, my opinion changes due to the fighter and not whether they fought 50 or 10 years ago. I could always just do what you do: how come it took Rocky 8 rounds to knock out an old and past it Louis who retired in '48 and needed to pay his bills?. That fight cannot be considerd.
You mentioned size because of me? you werent even replying to one of my posts when you mentioned that. You obviously dont know anything about my boxing views as size is not "everything" to me, i am a big Tyson fan and he wasnt the biggest heavyweight i would also favour Marciano over the majority (if not all) the giants of today. Thats an assumption you jumped to because i said Marciano couldnt beat Tyson (i think it was Tyson) so you got all offended.
That last point is rediculous, how can not see Louis was past it! I think Rocky was near his best at that point, a year later he went on to Beat Jersey Joe Wallcott in a terrific fight

hemichromis
06-30-2009, 09:03 AM
I favour louis in this match up but i dont think his chin is easier to get to than jersey joe walcott so it depends hjow well he recovers from a punch.

mickey malone
06-30-2009, 02:08 PM

You're pretty clued up... But Please.. Stop sounding out 'Bum Beater"

In that case 'Rock' was the same.. Fought a lot of guys (past prime)

The kettle shouldn't call the pot, black! Truth is, "LOUIS defended against more bums than Marciano did"... No point in pickin bones, is there?

paulsinghnl
06-30-2009, 03:47 PM
Louis by KO, he just had more power in my mind, the natural heavyweight with awesome power vs. the guy fighting bigger guys with awesome power.

billionaire
06-30-2009, 06:06 PM
He "beeez" retiyad a' 32 "cuz" "hiz" back "beeez" too injuhd. Nahbeezsayin?

he wouldve had his back on the canvas if he continued at that age....you know i know the world knows it....

biggest wins over 37 year olds, how great...but i give him a fair chance against prime glass chin louis....

JAB5239
06-30-2009, 09:14 PM
How does a prime Joe Louis fair against the Rock?????

Louis by stoppage from either cuts or accumulation. Rocky was tough, but Joe had fatal power and pin point accuracy. I've seen Joe's chin get questioned.....what a joke. Knockdowns mean little when you have the ability to get back up and finish your man. The only time he was kept down was before his prime had started, and after it was over.

0Rooster4Life0
07-01-2009, 01:16 AM
Joe Louis himself said that Rocky would have beaten him even in his prime.

He said that he had trouble with Rockys style, that his crouch made it very hard for him to hit with the jab.

But then again Joe was a very humble man.

Id put my money on Rocky, this fight would be a tough one, and i have seen Joe put down by lesser men. my gut tells me Rocky would find away to win... thats how Rocky fought his whole life. Beating the odds. :boxing:

JAB5239
07-01-2009, 01:46 AM
Joe Louis himself said that Rocky would have beaten him even in his prime.

He said that he had trouble with Rockys style, that his crouch made it very hard for him to hit with the jab.

But then again Joe was a very humble man.

Id put my money on Rocky, this fight would be a tough one, and i have seen Joe put down by lesser men. my gut tells me Rocky would find away to win... thats how Rocky fought his whole life. Beating the odds. :boxing:

As was the Rock. I may be wrong, but Im pretty sure Rocky had said at one point that he could not have beaten a prime Louis. Either way.....both were class acts.

gibo
07-01-2009, 01:53 AM
Joe by ko, rocky eats the canvas

mitch12
07-01-2009, 10:20 AM

well a 46 year old marciano would knock the **** out you boy.

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 11:01 AM
I mentioned agility, among other things in a list just as you did. Just to show how useless it is doing that.
Louis is a better puncher than Rocky, its not all about power. He was very accurate and when he had a guy hurt he got him out of there. Which is why he is #1 on the Ring Magazines list as the greatest puncher of all time. I am not bias towards the older fighters at all, my opinion changes due to the fighter and not whether they fought 50 or 10 years ago. I could always just do what you do: how come it took Rocky 8 rounds to knock out an old and past it Louis who retired in '48 and needed to pay his bills?. That fight cannot be considerd.
You mentioned size because of me? you werent even replying to one of my posts when you mentioned that. You obviously dont know anything about my boxing views as size is not "everything" to me, i am a big Tyson fan and he wasnt the biggest heavyweight i would also favour Marciano over the majority (if not all) the giants of today. Thats an assumption you jumped to because i said Marciano couldnt beat Tyson (i think it was Tyson) so you got all offended.
That last point is rediculous, how can not see Louis was past it! I think Rocky was near his best at that point, a year later he went on to Beat Jersey Joe Wallcott in a terrific fight

How the fook is it useless to compile a list of advantages both men have over each other?

I know you as a poster. Your lack of knowledge disables you every time from going into detail about the matchup. It's always a lame "--- win by stoppage. too strong or fast" whatever.

I say the comparison between them as punchers is very close. Marciano has some of the most brutal knockouts ever, and he had many of those. He was also accurate and every time he had a guy hurt he finished him. Just look at my avatar. The better puncher isn't going to decide the outcome of this match.

I simply believe this is bad styles match up for Louis. Rocky was always looking to make his fights an inside brawl, and this is not the way Louis flows in a fight. He doesn't have the space to get off and doesn't perform well under such pressure. This is why I mentioned size. he cannot get Rocky off him like a Foreman or Lewis could. He doesn't have a strength/size advantage like that so it's gonna be an inside brawl.

However, Louis was very good with SHORT punches. This is why I don't believe Rocky would completely dominate him. But he would catch up with Louis every time.

You simply need a great chin in ATG matchups. This is why I believe Louis would suffer badly against the greats.

You're pretty clued up... But Please.. Stop sounding out 'Bum Beater"

In that case 'Rock' was the same.. Fought a lot of guys (past prime)

The kettle shouldn't call the pot, black! Truth is, "LOUIS defended against more bums than Marciano did"... No point in pickin bones, is there?

Past prime yet still great fighters. Are you gonna discredit fighters who had wins over Ali, Tyson, Foreman etc because they were a bit past their best?

Louis has a terrible terrible record, simply laughable. No point in pickin bones indeed.

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 01:13 PM
How the fook is it useless to compile a list of advantages both men have over each other?

I know you as a poster. Your lack of knowledge disables you every time from going into detail about the matchup. It's always a lame "--- win by stoppage. too strong or fast" whatever.

I say the comparison between them as punchers is very close. Marciano has some of the most brutal knockouts ever, and he had many of those. He was also accurate and every time he had a guy hurt he finished him. Just look at my avatar. The better puncher isn't going to decide the outcome of this match.

I simply believe this is bad styles match up for Louis. Rocky was always looking to make his fights an inside brawl, and this is not the way Louis flows in a fight. He doesn't have the space to get off and doesn't perform well under such pressure. This is why I mentioned size. he cannot get Rocky off him like a Foreman or Lewis could. He doesn't have a strength/size advantage like that so it's gonna be an inside brawl.

However, Louis was very good with SHORT punches. This is why I don't believe Rocky would completely dominate him. But he would catch up with Louis every time.

You simply need a great chin in ATG matchups. This is why I believe Louis would suffer badly against the greats.

Past prime yet still great fighters. Are you gonna discredit fighters who had wins over Ali, Tyson, Foreman etc because they were a bit past their best?

Louis has a terrible terrible record, simply laughable. No point in pickin bones indeed.

You should really wear a clown suit when you make these posts.

Poet

JMM-PAC
07-01-2009, 01:16 PM

In his prime Louis had a pretty sound chin. He may have been dropped numerous times, but rarely knocked out. The reason he was knocked out against Max was due to under traning.

But big punchers like Bear, Galento, Walcott, all coundt KO Louis.

Marcaino was dropped a couple of times in his prime years. Do you think he had bad chin?

Speak sense for once.

JMM-PAC
07-01-2009, 01:23 PM
Slimey Limey just seems to dicredit the legacy of Joe Louis and Ray Robinson every chance he gets. Maybe you should watch these videos of Louis and Robinson..........
<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8di2b_joe-louis-knockouts_sport&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x8di2b_joe-louis-knockouts_sport&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8di2b_joe-louis-knockouts_sport">Joe Louis Knockouts</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TheGreatA">TheGreatA</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/channel/sport">Discover the latest sports and extreme videos.</a></i></div>

<div><object width="480" height="381"><param name="movie" value="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x868b1_srr-clips_sport&related=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x868b1_srr-clips_sport&related=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="381" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always"></embed></object><br /><b><a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x868b1_srr-clips_sport">SRR Clips</a></b><br /><i>Uploaded by <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/TheGreatA">TheGreatA</a>. - <a href="http://www.dailymotion.com/gb/channel/sport">More professional, college and classic sports videos.</a></i></div>

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Nice to see that I have a fan who has thoroughly studied the way I post. I guess I might as well just have you post instead of me from now on, saving me the trouble.

Benny Leonard
07-01-2009, 01:36 PM
"Joe Couldn't handle Pressure fighters and didn't like to be crowded."

Well, how many boxers like to be crowded? Joe may not have liked to be crowded but he learned how to deal with it. Also note; Rocky said himself that he liked/needed to have "room" to get off his punches. Give Louis room and....

Here is a younger Louis who fought Godoy twice. Godoy applied heavy pressure to Louis. In the first match, Louis had trouble but still won. But in the second fight (and I wish they would show the full fight on youtube) he adapted. Marciano's best shot to beat Rocky is in the first match. Give a young Louis a second shot and your done. Louis's best was actually from when he won the title on. The loss to Max gave him reason to take every opponent serious. Post-WWII Louis was past prime and not so good.

First fight:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMM5beVufN4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMM5beVufN4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now Joe adapts in the rematch:

Notice the difference between when Joe "boxes" and when Joe "fights." Same happened to Max.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZayulM8qw2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZayulM8qw2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And Louis's chin being "glass" is overrated. Count how many punches Max landed on Louis and how many rounds it took Max to knockout Joe. And how many times has Joe been KO'd in his long career? TWICE. Once against Max and the other when he was Shot and fought Marciano.

This is Joe Louis:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DteKctJFIVE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DteKctJFIVE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffr72V38isY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffr72V38isY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ALSO NOTE THAT LOUIS COMPENSATED FULL POWER FOR SHORT FAST PUNCHES IN COMBINATIONS THAT WOULD ACCUMALATE MORE THAN ONE BIG PUNCH. WHEN HE PULLED BACK WITH FULL FORCE, DELIVERING ONE BIG SHOT, HIS POWER WAS MUCH GREATER AND THAT IS WHEN YOU SEE OPPONENTS SPINNING AROUND.

mickey malone
07-01-2009, 01:43 PM

65 wins (51 KO's) (more than Marciano)

3 defeats (less than Ali)

26 consecutive title defenses (more than anyone)

75% KO ratio

And this is a terrible record.. I sincerely believe that the best part of you ran down your Mothers leg....

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 01:45 PM
I sincerely believe that the best part of you ran down your Mothers leg....

His Mommy should be slapped for not swallowing :rofl:

Poet

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 01:47 PM
"Joe Couldn't handle Pressure fighters and didn't like to be crowded."

Well, how many boxers like to be crowded? Joe may not have liked to be crowded but he learned how to deal with it. Also note; Rocky said himself that he liked/needed to have "room" to get off his punches. Give Louis room and....

Here is a younger Louis who fought Godoy twice. Godoy applied heavy pressure to Louis. In the first match, Louis had trouble but still won. But in the second fight (and I wish they would show the full fight on youtube) he adapted. Marciano's best shot to beat Rocky is in the first match. Give a young Louis a second shot and your done. Louis's best was actually from when he won the title on. The loss to Max gave him reason to take every opponent serious. Post-WWII Louis was past prime and not so good.

First fight:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMM5beVufN4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zMM5beVufN4&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Now Joe adapts in the rematch:

Notice the difference between when Joe "boxes" and when Joe "fights." Same happened to Max.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZayulM8qw2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZayulM8qw2A&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And Louis's chin being "glass" is overrated. Count how many punches Max landed on Louis and how many rounds it took Max to knockout Joe. And how many times has Joe been KO'd in his long career? TWICE. Once against Max and the other when he was Shot and fought Marciano.

This is Joe Louis:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/DteKctJFIVE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/DteKctJFIVE&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffr72V38isY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Ffr72V38isY&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x402061&color2=0x9461ca" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

ALSO NOTE THAT LOUIS COMPENSATED FULL POWER FOR SHORT FAST PUNCHES IN COMBINATIONS THAT WOULD ACCUMALATE MORE THAN ONE BIG PUNCH. WHEN HE PULLED BACK WITH FULL FORCE, DELIVERING ONE BIG SHOT, HIS POWER WAS MUCH GREATER AND THAT IS WHEN YOU SEE OPPONENTS SPINNING AROUND.

Thank you.....for the post AND the vids.

Poet

The Iron Man
07-01-2009, 02:08 PM

Seems like i dont need to really reply to this as some other BH regulars have already said everything that needed to be said.
But you have to way i post all wrong, i post how much i think is needed and i wouldnt post on a vs match up if i didnt have sufficient knowladge of the two fighters. I dont claim to be the most knowladgable poster but my lack of knowladge doesnt "disable" me from debates and im sure that the same could be said of you (however bias obviously does).

Well Lewis beat Holyfield and we all know who had the better chin there.

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 02:48 PM
You should really wear a clown suit when you make these posts.

Poet

You don't have to wear anything. You already look like the disgusting fat rotten teeth having SLOB that you are, mate. You have been exposed a while ago now, and I'm surprised you haven't committed suicide yet you cheerleading groupie.

In his prime Louis had a pretty sound chin. He may have been dropped numerous times, but rarely knocked out. The reason he was knocked out against Max was due to under traning.

But big punchers like Bear, Galento, Walcott, all coundt KO Louis.

Marcaino was dropped a couple of times in his prime years. Do you think he had bad chin?

Speak sense for once.

I wasn't talking to you. I'm glad I have been affecting you, you're finally realising what a crappy poster you are. Paranoid too. "leave me alone!! Don't study my posts anymore!! but i'm still going to follow you everywhere and instigate a flame war:trink26:"
Get off me balls you obsessed stalker.

Now, a guy gets knocked down a ****load of times even against BUMS or feather fisted punchers, and just because he didn't get stopped it means he had a "pretty sound" chin??

Zab Judah did not invent the chicken dance. It was Joe Louis. Check out the Elvis dance he did when Schmeling hit him for the first time with that right hand.

Great excuses there too for the Schmeling loss. He is in his prime and then gets found out and brutally slapped around and QUITS. Nobody gets a free pass except for Louis of cource.

Marciano was knocked down against Moore when he was off balance with 1 foot on the mat. Archie had the most KO's ever.

Walcott is another one of the greatest KO% ever.

Compare that to Fat two ton beached whale Galento almost KOing Louis and loads of other bums who did the same. Hurts doesn't it?

65 wins (51 KO's) (more than Marciano)

3 defeats (less than Ali)

26 consecutive title defenses (more than anyone)

75% KO ratio

And this is a terrible record.. I sincerely believe that the best part of you ran down your Mothers leg....

Ali had losses against top 10-20 ATG heavyweights untill he got old and still avenged those defeats. When Marciano almost decapitated Joe, it was all over. Look at the avatar.

26 title defenses against mostly bums.

Klitschko's have the highest KO%. They aint no top 10 ATG's.

Nice little insult there. Did you have tears in your eyes when you typed it? Does it feel like someone is scratching out your eyes every time you look at my avy? Enjoy it mate.

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 02:51 PM
You don't have to wear anything. You already look like the disgusting fat rotten teeth having SLOB that you are, mate. You have been exposed a while ago now, and I'm surprised you haven't committed suicide yet you cheerleading groupie.

:haha: at an Austin Powers looking Pommie taking the piss out of ANYONE'S dental work. Pot.....Kettle.....Black :rofl:

Poet

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 02:53 PM
I wasn't talking to you. I'm glad I have been affecting you, you're finally realising what a crappy poster you are. Paranoid too. "leave me alone!! Don't study my posts anymore!! but i'm still going to follow you everywhere and instigate a flame war:trink26:"

Now, a guy gets knocked down a ****load of times even against BUMS or feather fisted punchers, and just because he didn't get stopped it means he had a "pretty sound" chin??

Zab Judah did not invent the chicken dance. It was Joe Louis. Check out the Elvis dance he did when Schmeling hit him for the first time with that right hand.

Great excuses there too for the Schmeling loss. He is in his prime and then gets found out and brutally slapped around and QUITS. Nobody gets a free pass except for Louis of cource.

Marciano was knocked down against Moore when he was off balance with 1 foot on the mat. Archie had the most KO's ever.

Compare that to Fat two ton beached whale Galento almost KOing Louis and loads of other bums who did the same. Hurts doesn't it?

It's not me who you were responding to.

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 02:55 PM

Yeah, but he's too stupid to figure it out.

Poet

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 02:56 PM

If it isn't then it's an alt with the perfect ability to act like you. Which is exactly like that: Louis nutgrabbing, stalking girlmachine.

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 03:00 PM
If it isn't then it's an alt with the perfect ability to act like you. Which is exactly like that: Louis nutgrabbing, stalking girlmachine.

I've hardly "stalked" you. In fact it's you who comes up with outrageous statements in every thread that I've posted in, such as the thread about Ray Robinson in which you said he put on an act to get out of the Maxim fight.

Perfect example:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=284366&page=7

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 03:05 PM
I've hardly "stalked" you. In fact it's you who comes up with outrageous statements in every thread that I've posted in, such as the thread about Ray Robinson in which you said he put on an act to get out of the Maxim fight.

Keep telling yourself that, only your cheerleader Poet will believe ya mate.

You follow me around in every section with your alt Southpaw16 from nsb to bh trying to start ****e. I've beaten you in most of those debates, too.

Maybe one day you'll realise that Joe Louis and Ray Robinson actually have flaws(yes, clam down, stop shaking, take it easy. it's true, those men do have flaws. REALLY they do.)

JMM-PAC
07-01-2009, 03:19 PM

You follow me around in every section with your alt Southpaw16 from nsb to bh trying to start ****e. I've beaten you in most of those debates, too.

Maybe one day you'll realise that Joe Louis and Ray Robinson actually have flaws(yes, clam down, stop shaking, take it easy. it's true, those men do have flaws. REALLY they do.)

You do realize Rocky Marcaino had flaws dont you troll?

GJC
07-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Louis could get caught no doubt about it, as did Marciano. All fighters get caught the trick is getting up and winning.
Louis was a fantastic fighter to say otherwise is silly. Schmelling beat him fair and square, Louis learnt and nearly killed him in the re-match. The Galento fight was just Louis being an idiot frankly but he won and won quick.
Marciano was a great fighter anyone who doesn't think he could give ANY heavyweight a world of trouble is deluding themselves.
I grew up on Marciano he was my Tyson if you like, I have never felt the need to denigrate a great fighter like Joe Louis or others to support him.

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 03:42 PM

Southpaw16 isn't my alt. I frequently disagree with him but he has the ability to discuss matters like an adult. It's not about "beating" someone in a debate and it's certainly not about throwing childish insults left and right whenever someone disagrees as you seem to do.

Robinson didn't mind fighting come forward pressure fighters but he avoided crafty counter punchers such as Charley Burley.

Robinson had it all except a great defense. If there was one thing he wasn't exceptional at it was his defense.

I give Louis a good chance against all of them, Foreman would be favoured against Louis in my opinion but Joe was the king of rematches. Foreman had many flaws which a smart boxer-puncher like Louis could exploit.

Holmes was at the top of his game when he fought Ali while Ali obviously was not, that Holmes would have a very good chance against Louis too.
If Louis was as shot a fighter as Ali was (imagine the Louis of the Rocky Marciano fight), he would lose as one-sidedly as Ali did.

The Liston who fought Ali would lose to Louis IMO but Liston against Louis, both at their best would be close to an even fight. Liston may not have been as great a boxer but he could make up for it with his size, reach, strength and toughness.

Many thought he was the second coming of Joe Louis at the time. Now Liston is almost forgotten.

Louis admitted that he didn't like fighting pressure fighters, the best pressure fighter of his day Arturo Godoy troubled him a lot (Louis won a SD in their first bout) but Louis completely destroyed Godoy in their rematch with jabs, uppercuts and hooks in combinations which Godoy couldn't deal with.

Frazier was better than Godoy but they were somewhat similar in style although Godoy clinched unlike Joe and threw fewer punches with lesser punching power.

Norton was trouble for boxers like Ali and Holmes, he had great conditioning and always kept coming but IMO he could never fight too well backing up. Louis' best chance would be to push Norton back relentlessly like he did to Max Schmeling in their rematch and go for an early knockout.

Louis definitely had the tools to do it but he often boxed a little more conservatively.

Admitting that Robinson and Louis had flaws which I have several times in debates isn't the same as:

I agree Robinson QUIT. He was going to get KO'd by Maxim but put on a fine acting job to save himself.

Maxim was in the same situation as Quitter Ray Robinson, but he didn't put on an acting job to QUIT.

Joe Louis is often called the greatest Heavyweight of all time. They even have him in the top 3 ATGs P4P?? That's pukingly offensive. The lad had a bum of the month club title reign, was knocked down by virtually everybody even by bums, struggled with many of his opponents including Light Heavyweights, was brutally destroyed and made to QUIT in his prime against Schmeling. Not even top 3 HW.

Yes Maxim showed what a quitter ISN'T. Salty Gay Robinson showed what a quitter was. You have this "SRR BEST EVER IN HISTORY OF MANKIND AND UNIVERSE AND GALAXY EVAR!!!111" imprinted in your brain so you cannot admit this.

Ever wonder why no one actually agrees with you?

mickey malone
07-01-2009, 03:50 PM

Ali had losses against top 10-20 ATG heavyweights untill he got old and still avenged those defeats. When Marciano almost decapitated Joe, it was all over. Look at the avatar.

26 title defenses against mostly bums.

Klitschko's have the highest KO%. They aint no top 10 ATG's.

Nice little insult there. Did you have tears in your eyes when you typed it? Does it feel like someone is scratching out your eyes every time you look at my avy? Enjoy it mate.
Rock quit at 32 after nearly getting KTFO by a 45 year old L/H..
Louis was putting people in body bags at this age.. The fact that Louis was 38 when he lost to a 25 year old Rock is quite irrelevant.. Rock beat up on Charles & Walcott when they were old to.. He only looked good when taking on fringe contenders like Le Straza & ****le, a fight in which he had to cheat in order to win..
With regard to insults... These will come freely, so long as you persist in using your brain as a **** conveyor.. And yes, there were tears in my eyes while I pissed myself laughing.. Now go to bed & suck yourself dry, while caressing your avatar..

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 03:56 PM
You do realize Rocky Marcaino had flaws dont you troll?

Good point my imitator.

He has after all made statements like this:

Against Moore he was off balance. Walcott could also take people's heads off especially if they didn't see it coming. Watch the Walcott-Charles KO. Marciano took a hellacious shots like that and came back to win. Frazier went down before Foreman and Ali.

Marciano would win this fight in the opening seconds of round 1.

Marciano only slipped twice so you could include him. You could also start a thread about fighters who have been knocked down more often than Louis(very difficult to make a list indeed).

Jim Jeffries
07-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Louis was putting people in body bags at this age.. The fact that Louis was 38 when he lost to a 25 year old Rock is quite irrelevant.. Rock beat up on Charles & Walcott when they were old to.. He only looked good when taking on fringe contenders like Le Straza & ****le, a fight in which he had to cheat in order to win..
With regard to insults... These will come freely, so long as you persist in using your brain as a **** conveyor.. And yes, there were tears in my eyes while I pissed myself laughing.. Now go to bed & suck yourself dry, while caressing your avatar..

Congratulations, you just crapped on an ATGs entire career, just to piss off a terrible poster.

A few corrections, Moore was 43, and he was so shot that he fought Ali over 7 years later. Charles was 32 when he fought Rocky the first time, and 33 when he was stopped 3 months later. Carry on.

TheGreatA
07-01-2009, 04:06 PM
Congratulations, you just crapped on an ATGs entire career, just to piss off a terrible poster.

A few corrections, Moore was 43, and he was so shot that he fought Ali over 7 years later. Charles was 32 when he fought Rocky the first time, and 33 when he was stopped 3 months later. Carry on.

Agreed.

As terrible a poster as Slimey Limey is, people shouldn't let him get under their skin too much. That's exactly what he wants. He has even admitted it.

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 04:39 PM
Louis could get caught no doubt about it, as did Marciano. All fighters get caught the trick is getting up and winning.
Louis was a fantastic fighter to say otherwise is silly. Schmelling beat him fair and square, Louis learnt and nearly killed him in the re-match. The Galento fight was just Louis being an idiot frankly but he won and won quick.
Marciano was a great fighter anyone who doesn't think he could give ANY heavyweight a world of trouble is deluding themselves.
I grew up on Marciano he was my Tyson if you like, I have never felt the need to denigrate a great fighter like Joe Louis or others to support him.

Hey GJC! We need to get you a pic in your avatar. Name the fighter and I'll get you one!

Poet

mickey malone
07-01-2009, 05:17 PM

Ok.. So I got Moores age wrong.. Hands up!
Rocks in my top 10.. I quoted 4 of his fights.. He was 49 & 0..
Hardly trashing a mans whole career is it?

If you go back through the thread, you'll see that I started off respectful of his views, while attempting to engage in a sensible debate.. Then boom! The Prick has to sucker punch me with a lorry load of cats knackers.. That's when the flame thrower comes out.. And if I need to use the man on his precious avatar to sedate him, then so be it..
With people of his ilk, I tend to stay off the ropes & throw punches.. Must be the Irish in me.. lol ..

RingSlam
07-01-2009, 05:28 PM
His Mommy should be slapped for not swallowing :rofl:

Poet

that was below the damn belt turd!

Ziggy Stardust
07-01-2009, 05:36 PM
that was below the damn belt turd!

Wipe her chin off for her there's a good little boy.

Poet

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 06:24 PM

Rocky retired early because of his back injuries, which came from his extremely physically demanding training and fighting style and wars he had in the ring.
Because the man used his brain to quit before a disaster he robbed sadistic fooks like you from everlasting masterbation sessions like Poet does with Tyson's losses, or Manmachine with Ali's losses.

Your little "break down" on Marciano's career is so pathetic that even your fellow fanboys are ragging on you for being so redicilously over the top and pathetic.

In the meantime, keep on staring at my avatar. The punch that nearly ended Bumbeater's life, having him crumble out of the ring through the ropes.

Southpaw16 isn't my alt. I frequently disagree with him but he has the ability to discuss matters like an adult. It's not about "beating" someone in a debate and it's certainly not about throwing childish insults left and right whenever someone disagrees as you seem to do.

Yes he is your alt, and apparently you have more such as your Manmachine account and another phony TheGreatA account.
You whine about my insults yet you stalk me whereever I post on this site. Soon you'll be replying to me with your same old jibberish in a raghead bashing topic in the Boxing Lounge, which I frequently visit.

Agreed.

As terrible a poster as Slimey Limey is, people shouldn't let him get under their skin too much. That's exactly what he wants. He has even admitted it.

Mate, if I wanted to get under your skin I'd give a call to Charles Manson. I heard he despises stalkers like you.

Slimey Limey
07-01-2009, 06:27 PM
Wipe her chin off for her there's a good little boy.

Poet

You keep making sexual jokes when everybody knows you haven't gotten any because of you being a fat disgusting slob with rotten teeth and hairloss.
I can't take you seriously mate.

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8ER0C3GGfPU&hl=nl&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

GJC
07-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Hey GJC! We need to get you a pic in your avatar. Name the fighter and I'll get you one!

Poet
Ok :) Decisions, decisions so many to choose from and would like to be original.
OK Joe Baksi. Purely because I saw him fight live as a child, my first live boxing match and thought he was the toughest man in the world.
Also I doubt whether anyone else has him, not the best by a loooooong chalk but my earliest memory and guys like him should be remembered.

mickey malone
07-02-2009, 04:25 AM
Rocky retired early because of his back injuries, which came from his extremely physically demanding training and fighting style and wars he had in the ring.
Because the man used his brain to quit before a disaster he robbed sadistic fooks like you from everlasting masterbation sessions like Poet does with Tyson's losses, or Manmachine with Ali's losses.

Your little "break down" on Marciano's career is so pathetic that even your fellow fanboys are ragging on you for being so redicilously over the top and pathetic.

In the meantime, keep on staring at my avatar. The punch that nearly ended Bumbeater's life, having him crumble out of the ring through the ropes.

Yes he is your alt, and apparently you have more such as your Manmachine account and another phony TheGreatA account.
You whine about my insults yet you stalk me whereever I post on this site. Soon you'll be replying to me with your same old jibberish in a raghead bashing topic in the Boxing Lounge, which I frequently visit.

Mate, if I wanted to get under your skin I'd give a call to Charles Manson. I heard he despises stalkers like you.
Same ****, different day..

Fellow fanboys? What you fail to realize, is that I have my own opinions & have never relied on, or needed any support from others while having a war of wits with a single cell embryo like yourself..
However.. I was only critisized for encouraging you, "THE TERRIBLE POSTER"
Rock Vs Louis = OPINION
You being universally regarded as a Complete Prick = FACT

REDICILOUSLY..... LOL

Slimey Limey
07-03-2009, 06:53 PM
Same ****, different day..

You define yourself as a poster really well mate.

Fellow fanboys? What you fail to realize, is that I have my own opinions & have never relied on, or needed any support from others while having a war of wits with a single cell embryo like yourself..

Yet I see lads like Poet and Girlmachine backing you up in every thread you get laughed at, so you might want to reconsider making contradicting claims like that, lad.

Rock Vs Louis = OPINION

And you made this about ROcky's career and went on to make a completely arse of yourself(not that you weren't already. That post you made was just a further exclamation point) which I could have done with Louis many times, but I didn't. Because I know how to keep my head cool before I blindly discredit fighters.

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 06:22 AM
You define yourself as a poster really well mate.

Yet I see lads like Poet and Girlmachine backing you up in every thread you get laughed at, so you might want to reconsider making contradicting claims like that, lad.

And you made this about ROcky's career and went on to make a completely arse of yourself(not that you weren't already. That post you made was just a further exclamation point) which I could have done with Louis many times, but I didn't. Because I know how to keep my head cool before I blindly discredit fighters.
Well... I never see anyone backing you.. Wonder why? "Terrible Poster" lol
Speaking of contradictions.. Calling Louis 'Bumbbeater' on almost every post??
When you consider that your 'Darling' Rocky fought 90% past primers??
That must mean: bumbeater = bumbeater.. This is YOUR contradiction..
So... Obviously, keeping a cool head while 'blindly discrediting fighters' aint your bag either.. I'll accept it, cos that's the feather fisted fight in you..
So, 'Billy No Mates' The care in the community bus will be there in 5mins.. Time to put on your skate board hat.... I expect, you're the one that sits second from back, rocking like a pendulum...

JAB5239
07-04-2009, 07:11 AM
So... Obviously, keeping a cool head while 'blindly discrediting fighters' aint your bag either.. I'll accept it, cos that's the feather fisted fight in you..
So, 'Billy No Mates' The care in the community bus will be there in 5mins.. Time to put on your skate board hat.... I expect, you're the one that sits second from back, rocking like a pendulum...

His agenda is so clear that its crystal. I find it amusing that he'll try discrediting Louis at every turn but has never brought up Marciano's controversial fights against Lowery or LaStarza.

Whatever. It is what it is Mick.....another ignorant poster who is as equally biased as she is clueless. :pat:

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 07:18 AM

You don't see many backing me here because it's filled with brainwashed Louis nuthuggers. Of cource they don't want to admit it, it would hurt too much.

Oh what's this, some more Rocky hate? You're not impressing me. You see, i'm used to all that since Marciano gets nothing BUT hate around here.

I never blindly discredit fighters. I just emphasize on certain fighters flaws because you never hear it otherwise. I don't give special treatments mate, Louis should be equally critisized like every other fighter. Even the BEST, like Ali and Duran etc get loads of hate.

I wouldn't expect a clueless cunt like yourself to understand me. I've seen this place developing for longer than you did, and you're just another crowd follower. So run along mate.

His agenda is so clear that its crystal. I find it amusing that he'll try discrediting Louis at every turn but has never brought up Marciano's controversial fights against Lowery or LaStarza.

Whatever. It is what it is Mick.....another ignorant poster who is as equally biased as she is clueless. :pat:

Again gal, I'm all about balance.

Why would I bring up Marciano's flaws when it is discussed everywhere 24/7?

Now how many times do you see the same for your precious flawless invincible Louis?
That's right. Be fair for once.

JAB5239
07-04-2009, 07:40 AM

Now how many times do you see the same for your precious flawless invincible Louis?

If you were all about balance you wouldn't fall flat on your face and get run off like a stray dog from every debate. Fact is, you'll slander and discredit one fighter for his flaws while choosing to ignore the flaws of the fighters you blindly worship.

Ps-we're still waiting for that list of heavyweight champions with better resumes than Louis. Do you think anyone has forgotten how you ran from that debate after you ran your mouth? :lol1:

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 07:50 AM
If you were all about balance you wouldn't fall flat on your face and get run off like a stray dog from every debate. Fact is, you'll slander and discredit one fighter for his flaws while choosing to ignore the flaws of the fighters you blindly worship.

I win most debates I get involved with in this site. To me it's just internet and I'll partake or stop giving a ****e whenever I want to, you on the other hand seem to take it extremely seriously considering you don't have much to say in real life.

So, since you want to make it another flame war since you can't ever respond to the Louis questions, I'll just repeat myself.

Don't be mad because there is somebody that doesn't just post the facts that you WANT to hear.

Ps-we're still waiting for that list of heavyweight champions with better resumes than Louis. Do you think anyone has forgotten how you ran from that debate after you ran your mouth? :lol1:

Still can't get over it haha. Like I said, I did a fine trolling job on you as I can see it still affects you. It just shows how seriously you take everything.
And I did post the fighters who were all greater than bumbeater.
Ali, Lewis, Foreman and Holyfield etc all have better resumes. As far as greatness goes i.e. overall accomplishments he might do better because of his consistency but his bum of the month club title reign leaves him out of the top 5.

Just so that you won't get banned for going off topic to incite flame wars, here you go cunt

That's right. Be fair for once

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 08:05 AM
You don't see many backing me here because it's filled with brainwashed Louis nuthuggers. Of cource they don't want to admit it, it would hurt too much.

Oh what's this, some more Rocky hate? You're not impressing me. You see, i'm used to all that since Marciano gets nothing BUT hate around here.

I never blindly discredit fighters. I just emphasize on certain fighters flaws because you never hear it otherwise. I don't give special treatments mate, Louis should be equally critisized like every other fighter. Even the BEST, like Ali and Duran etc get loads of hate.

I wouldn't expect a clueless cunt like yourself to understand me. I've seen this place developing for longer than you did, and you're just another crowd follower. So run along mate.

You've made a measly 654 posts in 3 years, & you think you're William fvcking Shakespeare.. No doubt, most of them discrediting Louis or Robinson..
Is it a 'black' thing? I'm becoming more & more covinced, that you were once the unfortunate victim of a turd burglary...

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 08:12 AM

I see a child crying in the cloak room at break times...

Slimey Limey
07-04-2009, 08:18 AM
You've made a measly 654 posts in 3 years, & you think you're William fvcking Shakespeare.. No doubt, most of them discrediting Louis or Robinson..
Is it a 'black' thing? I'm becoming more & more covinced, that you were once the unfortunate victim of a turd burglary...

So now we're bragging about who spends the most useless time home arguing with people for hours? Haha. My post count simply means I have a life unlike some of you lads.

And are you now calling black people turds? Reported for racism.

By the way mate, good job yet again ignoring everything boxing related and just igniting a flame war. It seems you're the terrible poster.

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 08:29 AM

His agenda is...

Wake up, give little Johnny a rub of the relic, while observing the Rock on his AV..

Pop down to the local YMCA to abuse some 'special needs' boy..

Go to a bar, get wankered, talk **** & get banned..

Have a 'terrettes' tantrum on the way out..

Get owned..

and go home, crying into his 'Irish Sunglasses'

Switch on the computer...

mickey malone
07-04-2009, 08:35 AM
So now we're bragging about who spends the most useless time home arguing with people for hours? Haha. My post count simply means I have a life unlike some of you lads.

By the way mate, good job yet again ignoring everything boxing related and just igniting a flame war. It seems you're the terrible poster.
No mate.. I'm saying you take it up the Jax....

My bar is jam packed full of ex pros all taking the piss out of you..
Gambling is illegal in Thailand.. So I use this thing much like a 'Fruit' machine...
Get my drift????

Ziggy Stardust
07-04-2009, 08:39 PM
Remember this?

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195982

It's the same guy. A certified troll.

Ah yes! Good old Rafael Benitez who claimed he was a boxing trainer and then later JulioCesa(r)Chavez. What a hypocrite seeing as how under Rafael Benitez he was squawking about what a worthles bum-beater Marciano was:

Marciano was overrated. If he fought Liston isntead of being a chicken he would have bean beaten to a pulp. He struggled against slow old men like Walcott and a washed up Charles. I reckon most top heavies from each era would have wiped the floor with him. Do u really think he could stand in there with Big Klitchko, Lewis, Holyfied or even Samuel Peter?LOL. Way too easy to hit. He was lucky that Italians loved boxing at the time, it was number one in sports and he had no competition.

Only idiots who have no fight dvd's (i have 1000+ 500vhs) and haven't seen much would rate 'the rock'. The best of his era were old men, and even then he was getting outboxed by the painfully slow Jersey Joe Walcott (equivalent to a journeyman like glen johnson)just by looking at footage one can see he wouldn't stand a chance aginst a Prime Roy Jones, the old Hopkins or even our Clinton Woods! Never mind any genuine heavyweight. He didn't lose coz he didn't fight anybody. Look at all the best, they lost coz they fought the best. He knew he had to retire early or get ko'd by the up and coming fighters! Smart guy but still rubbish.

I've seen every major boxing match that took place in the past 100 years and every Marciano title fight. Walcott was an old slow man and even then he had to hit the man when he was down because he was being outboxed. Marciano is overrated because he was the white hope in a segragated America where they believed they were evolutionarily superior. Marciano never beat anybody decent in their prime and was lucky he was in a dead era. The truth is he was overrated and would lose to many of todays light heavyweights including Calzaghe Hopkins and maybe even Tarver. People who know boxing know he is not a top ten heavyweight. Don't get upset, it is the truth.

LOL some Marciano advocates believe Joe Louis was not totally over the hill when Marciano fought him!!! He was pulled out of retirment and looked more washed up than the shores of Blackpool. Just because Rocky was crap and made a meal out of him and the other old men he fought doesn't mean they were not washed up. Also he did not fight everyone around at his time and retired early to avoid the likes of Sonny liston, Cleveland Williams etc. Even so, it may not be his fault but still exposed his weaknesses. He struggled with Walcott who was average, slow and ever so OLD. It took a dirty shot and there was never to be a rematch in segregated america that needed their hero so bad. He was so easy to hit it was a joke. Completely outboxed for many rouns. Marciano would lose to David Haye in about 2 rounds.

I think he is not even in the top 20 in the heavyweight division of all time. It pisses me off when people think he was in the top 5 or even the best! ROFL. Why does he always pop up on p4p lists? He was absolutely ****!

I see you did your hours long homework on me. That's sweet.

THIS is coming from the guy who has several TheGreatA accounts, several Manmachine accounts as well as other alts such as Southpaw16. And if you want to deny this, then how are they so similar like you? After all mate, you're just mad that there are more people that agree with me such as the lad you posted here behind his back.

Stick to the thunderdome with that crap.

This thread is to expose Louis' perversities.

If by that you mean you have around 5 alts, then yes you are right mate.

Maybe you should step up your stalking game, so that I won't notice it's your alt that's following me around every time. For Gods sake is it that hard not to talk like a robot?

Well well, doesn't that make him just look "special"? Can we say "busted"? Nice job GreatA!

Poet

them_apples
07-05-2009, 08:33 PM
I'm surprised an older Louis even lost to the Rock, prime for prime Louis eats him up in perhaps 4-5 rounds. Sharp punches on the rocks exposed chin. Bad Style match up for Rocky.

Maybe round 9, much like Mosely vs Margarito, get's close and just pounds away at Marciano's face.

Same clowns that think Calzaghe beats on a prime Jones.

sleazyfellow
07-06-2009, 12:24 AM

I dont spend alot of time here but unlike you Im not a joke account, if you seriously think prime louis would lose to prime marciano then you need to watch more films.

Louis shows great defense and the best footwork I've seen him do in his match against baer (max of course), marciano is a great fighter but he wont last with louis's sharp punches, it will be a stoppage for sure.

mickey malone
07-06-2009, 03:36 AM
I dont spend alot of time here but unlike you Im not a joke account, if you seriously think prime louis would lose to prime marciano then you need to watch more films.

Louis shows great defense and the best footwork I've seen him do in his match against baer (max of course), marciano is a great fighter but he wont last with louis's sharp punches, it will be a stoppage for sure.
looooool Good Call!

Slimey Limey
07-06-2009, 10:39 AM

If you seriously think prime Louis would beat prime Marciano you need to go to a mental clinic.
The only stoppage will be against bumbeater. He couldn't faze Rocky in their fight, his power wouldn't be a factor. He was knocked down by feather fisted bums and was KO'd brutally in his prime by Schmeling. Marciano's right hand would find home through Louis' low left hand. KO in 10.

UncleSamPatriot
07-06-2009, 11:54 AM
I think that Marciano was extremely technical puncher. There are many sides to punching, the thing which Marciano excelled was getting his body weight in his punches, I have never seen anybody throwing bomb after bomb with such body weight after them. That is too technique. He was a swarmer with slugger type of punching power, that is a really frightening combination... He did know how to pace himself to keep punching constantly hard hits. He was the pinnacle of power hitting, extremely hard and extremely often.

mickey malone
07-06-2009, 11:56 AM
Entertaining troops.... Sounds ominous....

Wonder if the aunt 'got it' en'all.....

mickey malone
07-06-2009, 12:32 PM
Fine post, Uncle Sam.. That's exactly what he had & it made up for his disadvantages in size & speed.. I say speed, but no body was faster 'in the trenches', so to speak.. My argument would depend on whether Marciano could take a prime Louis to those trenches.. Schmelling done it, & that, in my opinion, was the only advantage Rock holds over Louis.. My reason being, that Louis suffered a defeat inside of 49 fights..
Louis's reason being, that he didn't take Max seriously (at first) & underestimated him.. Sure.. We've all heard that one before! Louis then promised to do the biz next time, & did it brutally by quick KO..
I'm very confident Louis would'a taken a prime Marciano a damn site more seriously, & when you consider the superior resume over 64 fights, the extra reach, the superior generalmanship, & equal power in both hands, I don't think Marciano quite cuts it.. With regard to Rocky, I'd say he had a slight edge with heart & chin, but Louis's hands were much faster.. With regard to footwork & conditioning, they were pretty even... All said and done, Louis takes it by late TKO......