View Full Version : Fight Night IV: Well they messed that up...

The Golden Boy
06-25-2009, 09:43 AM
3 weight classes? **** outta here. how do they **** up **** which is so simple. all the good ideas they had and then they take such a massive step back from the other fight night games with this. yeah improve stuff... but dont **** with the **** that is already cool!

ИATAS
06-25-2009, 11:35 AM
3 weight classes in championship mode. I think there are more in regular online play. And of course 8 weight classes in exhibition & career mode.

I'm not sure what the logic is behind it but I suppose there is some type of reason for it.

The Golden Boy
06-26-2009, 09:25 AM
nah, only 3 for regular online play. they have Taylor and Calzaghe as heavy weight online, seriously... wtf?

ИATAS
06-26-2009, 11:58 AM
nah, only 3 for regular online play. they have Taylor and Calzaghe as heavy weight online, seriously... wtf?

That's retarded. I wonder what their reasoning is for that.

crillz
06-26-2009, 12:00 PM
I been saying it for a minute already yo this game is compiled crap, it's offensive to us after all these years of loyalty to this game series. it's just show the lack of care from EA to the fans, they don't give a **** about what the fans want. they could easily have left the configs alone knowing that would save the game for certain fans being that it looks so crappy, they couldn't even do that. it's almost like they wiped their hands with the original blue print by mistake thinking it was toilet paper and came up with this new cheesy, corny, lame and frustrating game to replace the **** stained one. there is absolutely no part in me that feels this game is hot, the ONLY reason why it even gets ANY kind of time in my console is because I like to collect Trophies, other than that this game isn't worthy of being played, EA sports is becoming a piece of **** for games, THQ needs to honestly make a Boxing game because I get mad everytime I look at the whack cover to this FNR4 trash. to some of you it may not be so serious but I'm a gamer and this is literally top 3 my favorite game series PERIOD, I don't play nothing else so for them to **** it up like that frustrates me, this is going to make it so I no longer trust EA and buy no more of their products.. I can't believe some of you are actually supporting and defending this crappy, horse **** game. tell THAT to EA yo. the whole developing team deserves to be fired for what they've done to this game series..

keepthemhandsup
06-26-2009, 02:15 PM
That's retarded. I wonder what their reasoning is for that.

i think cause people complain about weight classes so much that they said **** it and made it three

i wish they add more weight classes i wanna play with roy but he's a ****ing HW in the online game and thats no fun...

RwK
06-26-2009, 02:24 PM
It's a total arcade game.....that's whats a huge let down.

The Joystick version of a button masher wins 10/10 times.

ИATAS
06-26-2009, 02:28 PM
The Joystick version of a button masher wins 10/10 times.

Simply not true. I'm undefeated online against idiots that spam the joystick. They are very easy to beat with the bob & weave system, and counters. These guys are simply amateurish and are probably little kids.

RwK
06-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Simply not true. I'm undefeated online against idiots that spam the joystick. They are very easy to beat with the bob & weave system, and counters. These guys are simply amateurish and are probably little kids.

I still don't like the fact I was knocked out with an illegal headbutt.

As a finishing move.

There's no blocking it either. That really just made my mind up.

Clegg
06-26-2009, 03:59 PM

Can you beat someone by only throwing 40-50 punches per round, or do you still have to mix in a lot of volume with the skill?

ИATAS
06-26-2009, 04:07 PM
Can you beat someone by only throwing 40-50 punches per round, or do you still have to mix in a lot of volume with the skill?

Yes. I prefer to be a boxer-puncher or just simply fight from the outside, jab, 1-2, and counter punch, so my punch output usually isn't all that high (unless it's a round where I'm trying to finish them off). It all depends on how you want to fight. I think most guys online just don't have the patience for that thus they brawl, but honestly doing what I mentioned above will beat the brawlers. It's not hard to stay on the outside especially if your boxer is slick and has good footwork, and when they do get close just push them off.

CiganoBoxer
06-26-2009, 06:34 PM
Anybody notice that theres no lobby anymore on xbox live for fnr4 ???

F l i c k e r
06-26-2009, 07:41 PM

Nope. You'll be suprised how many idiots really believe they are good by spamming the stick. It's the same people that "require" buttons to enjoy the game. They range from 11-35+ trust.

I still don't like the fact I was knocked out with an illegal headbutt.

As a finishing move.

There's no blocking it either. That really just made my mind up.

That happens in real life too. People get headbutted and sometimes go down. Tyson was headbutted said he blacked out for a moment against Holyfield, thus he bit him.

RwK
06-26-2009, 08:50 PM
That happens in real life too. People get headbutted and sometimes go down. Tyson was headbutted said he blacked out for a moment against Holyfield, thus he bit him.

I had been floored 1 time prior in the fight.

He caught me with a Counter Head butt that knocked me out.

It's bull****. That's a clear flaw in the game lol any way you slice it.

You can't block headbutts.

RwK
06-26-2009, 08:53 PM
If someone projected their head they'd catch that now.

Especially if the head clash results in a knockout loss. Hell they stop the fight on technicalities even in the event of minor cuts.

Like I say it totally saps the realism out of the game.

It's the most arcadish of all fighting games I've played.

It's like Tekken.