View Full Version : Fight night round 4 online sucks!!!!!

-GBGQ-
06-24-2009, 11:01 AM
I thought the point of getting rid of the buttons was to stop the "button mashers"??? Well after doing away with the parry system as well EA opened the flood gates.

I'm so upset I don't know where to start so I'm just going to ramble. Try and stay with me.

EVERY player online just throws 1,000's of punches and there is nothing you can do about it. Try and step back, counter, and throw a couple power punches?? Never happen, that person mashing their stick is going to disrupt that punch and you never get it off. There's no parry so you can't even make them pay for throwing the same punch 50 times in a row!!! (And by the way this was the Number 1 player on XBOX 360 with a record of 45-3, but every player I've faced has been like this) They've turned every fighter on the game into a Joe Calzaghe clone!!! Millions of punches and no need for precision.

There are 3 weight classes in online....3! So you better pick the biggest, hardest puncher so you stand a chance. Might as well have no reason to put the smaller guys in that weightclass in there. Every guy is about the same speed anyways...

I don't know....i'm just pissed. They got half the game right.....but why the **** couldn't they see that they've made it impossible to play the game like a true boxing game. The stick mashers in this game are a million times worse than any button mashers. And the sad thing about it is you have to play like that just to keep up.

This sucks.:wtf1:

Mersey
06-24-2009, 12:10 PM
Aww ****.

Can't you keep them away with the jab? Or defend until they tire out?

Or does the stamina go down too slow?

#1Assassin
06-24-2009, 12:16 PM
just clinch, push and go to the body. a few rounds thru they will slow down and u can take them out. rope-a-dope em or something.

ИATAS
06-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Theres no parry but there is a counter system. Dont you know how to dodge a punch and return a shot?

Shadow boxer 3
06-24-2009, 12:21 PM
i was just about to leave the house and go pick the game up, but i said " let me check boxingscene to see if anyone has already bought it ". im glad i did. im gonna rent it first. and why the hell is there only 3 weight classes on line.

robjr
06-24-2009, 12:26 PM
damn this sounds bad... it is kinda fast paced and seems almost impossible to keep distance and box. fight night round 3 was better for that

#1Assassin
06-24-2009, 12:32 PM
damn this sounds bad... it is kinda fast paced and seems almost impossible to keep distance and box. fight night round 3 was better for that

u can slow the pace down though with sliders, cant u agree on those things for online fights aswell? eighter way i dont think we can fully trust a guy whos complaining about the parry system being gone. :lol1:

ИATAS
06-24-2009, 12:45 PM
Also do you know how to bob & weave efficiently? If not, practice it. I played my friend who constantly spammed but I just bob & weaved which I've gotten very good at, uppercut, and attack the body (which takes more stamina away) and that's all there was too it. Also use push effectively and haymaker away to the body.

Ryn0
06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
I found it pretty awesome, I find it really easy to win against those types of people. Just counter over and over and over. Always results in a KO down the line, cause theres no precsion. I have faced a few guys that have stayed back and tried to counter though, which I find it harder to face though guys though cause I don't like moving forward.

THE REED™
06-24-2009, 01:49 PM
It just means you dont know how to fight those guys.

-EX-
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
Only had one match online and I was givin the guy a boxing lesson but he caught me in the 4th then again in the 7th or 8th...I didn't have any problems besides the fact that I blocked the punch that he dropped me wit(wtf?)

Mersey
06-24-2009, 02:33 PM
Only had one match online and I was givin the guy a boxing lesson but he caught me in the 4th then again in the 7th or 8th...I didn't have any problems besides the fact that I blocked the punch that he dropped me wit(wtf?)

I heard people saying that too. Is it not going through the guard? Just hitting you on the arms?

-Hyperion-
06-24-2009, 02:40 PM
yeah the counters are basically the new parrys....i can beat the **** out of friends who throw loads........my brother is actually pretty good timing his blocks, so he gives me some beatings, lol...it's still **** though, i dont like unrealistic freezes....and outside boxing is impossible because your jab can be countered esily and footwork is slow, like i said, all thanks to the freezing that the fight night series seems to love...it shouldve been like VB.......allow better upper body movement(not as exageareted as in VB though) and counter in real time..........

-EX-
06-24-2009, 03:06 PM
I heard people saying that too. Is it not going through the guard? Just hitting you on the arms?

Tyson threw a left hook and RJJ and I put up my guard to block a head punch to the left and it basically went around my glove...on the replay it started to hit my glove and jus went around it...WTF

DIB42
06-24-2009, 03:09 PM
Tyson threw a left hook and RJJ and I put up my guard to block a head punch to the left and it basically went around my glove...on the replay it started to hit my glove and jus went around it...WTF

This is either a stupid question, or a genius question but, How full was your block meter?

robjr
06-24-2009, 03:11 PM
yeah the counters are basically the new parrys....i can beat the **** out of friends who throw loads........my brother is actually pretty good timing his blocks, so he gives me some beatings, lol...it's still **** though, i dont like unrealistic freezes....and outside boxing is impossible because your jab can be countered esily and footwork is slow, like i said, all thanks to the freezing that the fight night series seems to love...it shouldve been like VB.......allow better upper body movement(not as exageareted as in VB though) and counter in real time..........

yea im not sure why it has to freeze in the moment when you dodge a punch.. and the fact that cant box from outside annoys me too..

TRAVI$
06-24-2009, 05:12 PM
It just means you dont know how to fight those guys.

Exactly...

-EX-
06-24-2009, 06:37 PM
This is either a stupid question, or a genius question but, How full was your block meter?

**** I don't remember but I definently put up my guard to block it...the replay proved it.

Even my opponent said it was lucky.

ИATAS
06-24-2009, 06:39 PM
**** I don't remember but I definently put up my guard to block it...the replay proved it.

Even my opponent said it was lucky.

well if your block meter was low then it makes sense you got KO'd, because punches will slip through your guard when your block meter is depleted.

If not, then well you got screwed!!

Also it may depend on who your fighting as well. For example if you're fighting Mike Tyson, his punches are more powerful and thus will break the guard easier then say sergio mora.

rskumm21
06-24-2009, 06:41 PM
I thought the point of getting rid of the buttons was to stop the "button mashers"??? Well after doing away with the parry system as well EA opened the flood gates.

I'm so upset I don't know where to start so I'm just going to ramble. Try and stay with me.

EVERY player online just throws 1,000's of punches and there is nothing you can do about it. Try and step back, counter, and throw a couple power punches?? Never happen, that person mashing their stick is going to disrupt that punch and you never get it off. There's no parry so you can't even make them pay for throwing the same punch 50 times in a row!!! (And by the way this was the Number 1 player on XBOX 360 with a record of 45-3, but every player I've faced has been like this) They've turned every fighter on the game into a Joe Calzaghe clone!!! Millions of punches and no need for precision.

There are 3 weight classes in online....3! So you better pick the biggest, hardest puncher so you stand a chance. Might as well have no reason to put the smaller guys in that weightclass in there. Every guy is about the same speed anyways...

I don't know....i'm just pissed. They got half the game right.....but why the **** couldn't they see that they've made it impossible to play the game like a true boxing game. The stick mashers in this game are a million times worse than any button mashers. And the sad thing about it is you have to play like that just to keep up.

It just means you suck at the game. It's going to take some getting used to. It's not round 3 it's round 4. Train and practice on the game a little before you get back online.

-EX-
06-24-2009, 07:04 PM
well if your block meter was low then it makes sense you got KO'd, because punches will slip through your guard when your block meter is depleted.

If not, then well you got screwed!!

Also it may depend on who your fighting as well. For example if you're fighting Mike Tyson, his punches are more powerful and thus will break the guard easier then say sergio mora.

Was still pretty gay...since I was winning every round except the 4th where I had got knocked down...

them_apples
06-24-2009, 08:14 PM
your just no that good..my friend did that at first but once I realized how to catch him it didnt work.

English_Lion
06-24-2009, 09:22 PM
People are buying this ****ing game expecting it to be like street fighter or some ****, just punch, punch, punch, all out brawl. This is boxing, its tactical, use ure defence, counter the punches, if he keeps spamming a certain punch, keep blocking and counter with an uppercut and take him out!!!

R.Winky Wright
06-24-2009, 09:41 PM
It just means you suck at the game. It's going to take some getting used to. It's not round 3 it's round 4. Train and practice on the game a little before you get back online.

People are buying this ****ing game expecting it to be like street fighter or some ****, just punch, punch, punch, all out brawl. This is boxing, its tactical, use ure defence, counter the punches, if he keeps spamming a certain punch, keep blocking and counter with an uppercut and take him out!!!

CO SIGN!!!! yeah all i hear is a bucnh of moaning... "game it to hard", "i get beat online" try getting better try timing try staregy try... I mean just TRY... like i'm Trying not being a dick looking at all these posts but... When was lowering the bar for others to climb over better? The bar is raised! GET BETTER! NO buttons GET OVER IT! I can't wait to fold your asses up online!

:boxing:

HANDSOFGOD84
06-24-2009, 09:57 PM
thread starter is a cry baby, go suck on a nipple man up

Erik K
06-24-2009, 10:45 PM
same speed anyways...

The stick mashers in this game are a million times worse than any button mashers. And the sad thing about it is you have to play like that just to keep up.

:

Exactly!!!

I tried to explain this when some called us button mashers when they announced the no buttons feature a few months back. Sticks are so much more random and more punches.

Erik K
06-24-2009, 10:46 PM

Obviously you have not played this yet.

Erik K
06-24-2009, 10:48 PM
I hope I can find ways to slow down their punch output online but so far have not.

I know you will say "get better" etc but its NOT that I am loosing I have beaten these guys its just lame when they throw 900 punches in 6 rounds. Even when stamina bar is all the way down they can still throw 15 punches in 10 seconds.

-GBGQ-
06-24-2009, 11:15 PM
I hope I can find ways to slow down their punch output online but so far have not.

I know you will say "get better" etc but its NOT that I am loosing I have beaten these guys its just lame when they throw 900 punches in 6 rounds. Even when stamina bar is all the way down they can still throw 15 punches in 10 seconds.

That's exactly my point.

It's not that I'm losing it's that I have to resort wagging that stick mindlessly to keep up.

You guys keep saying, "Oh it's easy, just counter them but it isn't that easy when they are throwing 30 punches in 10 seconds". Yes, in Fight Night Round 3 I considered myself a sharpshooter with guys like Winky Wright and Jeff Lacy. They were slower, solid fighters that I made sure that my punch got to the target and counted. It's impossible to do that in this game. I can't wind up for a haymaker because they are stopping the punch. No biggie that I can understand. So that leaves a regular punch counter like an uppercut and that's not deterring anybody.

And since everyone's an expert and I suck so bad.....come get me. My gamertag is GoldenboyGQ I'll be on the rest of the night probably.

CottoOverrated1
06-24-2009, 11:25 PM
My homeboy was the biggest button masher in the previous fight night games, and he is a big time stick spammer. We only played the FN4 demo so far, and he beat me a lot cuz he didnty care how many punches he threw since its only a three round fight, but I got used to it and now I beat him regularly in 3 round fights. Hit them to the body a lot. Use your jab and movement to get them off balance and when thety least expect it, hit em with a haymaker while moving(just let them get kinda close to you). Since he got the demo, he has beaten me more uintil recently and he was never knocked me down once. I have knocked him down 7 times in 20 matches(yes we count). I gotta play tommorrow. Hopefully I can find someone with the real game.

-GBGQ-
06-24-2009, 11:39 PM
I'm not complaining too much about having to learn TPC but let's be honest.....as crappy as the parrying was it made you think twice about throwing a punch and forced you to come up with more creative combo's. When guys throw in this game the are throwing with no care in the world. Yes, there are counters that stun and even knockdown the opponent but most counters don't do enough to stop them from throwing 1,000 more punches that round.

It's just easier for a masher to wiggle a stick then push buttons.

Don Johnson
06-25-2009, 01:14 AM
The server problems are now fixed. hit me up ppl, MikeHoncho2106 42-1 ranked #8

ИATAS
06-25-2009, 01:18 AM
lmao, so the people that just jab or throw non stop straights are the easiest to beat! The first 3 people I fought thought that was cool, throwing hundreds of straights, all it takes is a few bob & weaves followed with a hook and it's either put them in stun mode or a flash knockdown. These cats suck.

So far undefeated online and I actually box and counter punch.

I think as the days progress (it's been one day) you'll see less and less of this.

keepthemhandsup
06-25-2009, 02:47 AM
lmao, so the people that just jab or throw non stop straights are the easiest to beat! The first 3 people I fought thought that was cool, throwing hundreds of straights, all it takes is a few bob & weaves followed with a hook and it's either put them in stun mode or a flash knockdown. These cats suck.

So far undefeated online and I actually box and counter punch.

I think as the days progress (it's been one day) you'll see less and less of this.

dude it was this guy who would now stop spamming punches....so i was like "i'll just wait it out"

so a few ronds and counters later i end up winning the fight via KO lol

and i aggre majority of these cats suck....im 6-1 so far.

NoFear24
06-25-2009, 04:00 AM
Man just got the game today and went on to champion ship mode and beat a guy with a 13-0 record. I had no practice with the guy I just created so I was worried, but found my groove and knocked this boxer/counter puncher out in 5 rounds with no practice. This game is fun as hell. I also played 2 online with real boxers. I was Mike Tyson both times and the other guy was George Foreman and Ali.

The George Foreman player would try to throw non stop like an idiot, but I would just block and weave and counter to the body and take his stamina very low and pound away. He threw 80 punches in the first round, by the 3 round I destroyed him because of his stamina and punche himself out early.

Ali guy was boxing like Ali and doing a good job until I caught him slipping and got him with the trade mark bob and weave counter with his trade mark left to the body and uppercut to the face. It was a thing of beauty to watch. After I floored him, I jumped on him and finished him off within a few seconds.

Just learn how to play the game smart and you can beat alot of those guys that fight just to slug it out. Heres a trick to try on some of those people who fight like that. Since all they want to do is come forward and swing away, create some distance by either pushing him them back or just backing away just enough so their out of punching distance and then unleash a Haymaker uppercut and I'm 80 % sure that you'll land the punch while their coming foward trying to swing away. Don't do it all the time though, just do it if thats all their trying to do . Its pretty funny watching them just coming forward and swing, but when they do, they run in to a huge haymaker punch.

I must say this game is 10 times better than Round 3 and 100 times more realistic in every category.

Undefeated
06-25-2009, 04:14 AM
When a punch is about to hit you.. Block.. Then you can counter. That's the new parry way.

Bro its day one. You'll get the hang of it.. if not.. Then sell it.

skullduggery
06-25-2009, 04:21 AM
a player that understands the movement and knows how to play will always ko a fighter who throws 1000 jabs.....

$partacus
06-25-2009, 04:22 AM
I haven't got the game yet but is it hard to stay on the outside, come in throw a few punches then hold? Hatton should be brilliant at it. :lol1:

The Golden Boy
06-25-2009, 10:46 AM
3 weight classes??? thats whacker than crack. which is evidently what they were smoking when they came up with this 3 weight class bs!!! better fix this ish

ACHlLLES
06-25-2009, 12:57 PM
Very poor reason to get rid of more than one control scheme. Because nerds online complained about getting their ass kicked, I'm glad I didn't buy this piece of **** game. Fight Night round 3 plays better and Roy Jones Jr character model is better in fight night round 3. And Roy plays like himself in fight night round 3, I've heard complaints from Roy fans that he doesn't play anything like Roy in fight night round 4.

ИATAS
06-25-2009, 01:36 PM
Very poor reason to get rid of more than one control scheme. Because nerds online complained about getting their ass kicked, I'm glad I didn't buy this piece of **** game. Fight Night round 3 plays better and Roy Jones Jr character model is better in fight night round 3. And Roy plays like himself in fight night round 3, I've heard complaints from Roy fans that he doesn't play anything like Roy in fight night round 4.

you don't even have the game? lol, stfu and stop talking about like you've actually sat down and played it for a few hours to give a proper analysis of the game.

The Golden Boy
06-26-2009, 10:23 AM
Taylor and Calzaghe are heavy weights online? wtf is that ****!!! Taylor is a super middle, only had one fight at 170, not even a fully fledged light heavy fight. and Caslzaghe, fights his entire career at super middle then finishes with a couple of fights at light heavy and all of a sudden they have him as a heavy weight in the game.

Run
06-26-2009, 03:35 PM

Facts .

Run
06-26-2009, 03:38 PM
It's simply way too difficult to elude joystick spinners.

There isn't a single fleet footed fighter either which sucks.

Simply pushing someone so that you can spam punches lol that's not boxing and there is no actual movement.

It's the most sharpened of all slugfest games.

BigDozer260
06-29-2009, 07:05 PM
I bought a ps3 for the sole purpose of playing fight night round 4, now I'm thinking about trading it in for MGS4! If you had a method of success in FNR3 you will almost always lose in this game. I wasn't the parry guy, I was the slip and counter guy, the stand in the pocket and slip and counter ever punch you threw...Now I'm the slip and punch and then get hit three times right after slipping a punch. They reward your stamina as long as you are connecting with punches, so now everybody, flyweight and Heavyweights can throw 200 punches per round, with no consequence. Don't get me started on the new clumsly ass "New Total Punch Controls". This game totally sucks ass!

-GBGQ-
06-29-2009, 07:08 PM
. I wasn't the parry guy, I was the slip and counter guy, the stand in the pocket and slip and counter ever punch you threw...Now I'm the slip and punch and then get hit three times right after slipping a punch. !

Dead ****ing on!

At least I know i'm not the only one.

BigDozer260
06-29-2009, 07:13 PM
Dead ****ing on!

At least I know i'm not the only one.
This has been the worst entertainment week ever! First Michael Jackson dies, then Micheal Bay totally ruins Revenge of the fallen(it's very entertaining but it's a let down from the amazement factor of the first Transformers)and now EA Canada totally and I mean totally screws us Fight night fans. Damn I feel like the only way to get satisfying products is to make em ya damn self!

them_apples
06-29-2009, 10:16 PM

completely true, absolute truth. The only way is to spam back. Precision can't hold them off, they disrupt your punches.

Baracka Flocka
06-30-2009, 04:22 AM
Yeah I made the mistake of picking Joe Calzaghe in Heavyweight,

needless to say it was a short fight for me.

CottoOverrated1
06-30-2009, 04:35 AM
I really have a handle on this game now. I just KTFO my stick mashing ass homeboy in 2 rounds. He also spams the block and lean, but I got him. He couldnt beat me in the l;ast four fights.

Chr0nic
06-30-2009, 06:24 AM
i push and use that power uppercut...60% of the time, it works everytime

Sir Tom Jones
07-01-2009, 07:58 AM
man this **** sucks.

1st fight frazier ko lewis with like a milliion jabs,

unrealisitc as feck.