View Full Version : Setanta Officially Off Air As Of Now.

Andre Wardttke
06-23-2009, 03:39 PM
http://www.setanta.com/global/gb.html

Apparently on Setanta News they were talkin' about golf or something and then the presenters stated they would be off air within minutes and just thanked the viewers for their support. And in the background there were a lot of staff packing their stuff and saying goodbye.

I can't take the fact there will be no more Steve Bunce's Boxing Hour. :(

The Gully Gad
06-23-2009, 04:04 PM
What a fuking shame!!!

Whos gonna show us the Boxing now

Back to paying a fortune for sky sports again

Savino
06-23-2009, 04:26 PM
will miss looking at rachel brookes and charlotte jackson. gonna miss the boxing hour too.

D-MiZe
06-23-2009, 04:30 PM
There is no point in my existence anymore.

Goodbye cruel world.

:dead1:

Gojira
06-23-2009, 04:37 PM
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!

Andre Wardttke
06-23-2009, 04:59 PM
If you can bare to watch, here's the goodbye transmission:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/edknoN2m0hA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/edknoN2m0hA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

cuba montana
06-23-2009, 10:50 PM
No one will give Buncey that type of freedom again........

Leakbeak
06-23-2009, 11:34 PM
Buncey talks ****, that's why! He's one of many reasons why their sports coverage was crap and it all contributed to their downfall

The Gully Gad
06-24-2009, 04:41 AM

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/edknoN2m0hA&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/edknoN2m0hA&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Its 2 soon for me yet..I may be strong enough to watch in a few days who knows...

Bobby Shaw
06-24-2009, 05:16 AM
I remember when I first subscribed to Setenta,it was all because of boxing.Sky reduced boxing in 2003 and were not even going to show us Judah-Cotto.Then Setanta showed us a whole of boxing.It is sad they had to go down.

The Gully Gad
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
We had it to good...

lol

Fuk it im not buying sky anyway regardless i'll glady stream fights and download the torrent the next day

MACAQUEINBLACK
06-24-2009, 09:16 AM
We had it to good...

lol
Yep. :(

****ing typical.

The plight of the longtime British boxing fan.

FeFist
06-24-2009, 09:29 AM
I remember when I first subscribed to Setenta,it was all because of boxing.Sky reduced boxing in 2003 and were not even going to show us Judah-Cotto.Then Setanta showed us a whole of boxing.It is sad they had to go down.

I agree. I would be really happy if a boxing network came about in the UK. It showed boxing 24/7 I suppose they could tie in other contact sports.

Sky is really screwing things up in turns of boxing, the only fights they show are low level pub fighters.

shade darkar
06-24-2009, 09:37 AM
this is really ****. over the last few year setanta has provided some great fights. sky sports is **** for boxing, i mean they have amir khan as PPV already. and it looks like the british fans are gonna have to stream fights to see them from now on.

shade darkar
06-24-2009, 09:38 AM
We had it to good...

lol

Fuk it im not buying sky anyway regardless i'll glady stream fights and download the torrent the next day

not the same tho is it!

southpaw_07
06-24-2009, 09:52 AM
hmmm..now I understand where the back pain came from , Mr. Haye (afraid of not getting that pay cheque)

Gojira
06-24-2009, 10:51 AM
hmmm..now I understand where the back pain came from , Mr. Haye (afraid of not getting that pay cheque)

Well he wasnt going to fight wlad for free was he?

The Gully Gad
06-24-2009, 11:02 AM
not the same tho is it!

Course not...BUT i still get the fights i wanna see..
Lets face it no way is sky gonna give us coverage on half the fights
setanta have...

Sky wont drop fighters like Diaz,Pavlic,JMM etc just get the big names

Gojira
06-24-2009, 11:05 AM
What will happen to the man, the myth and the legend that is steve bunce?

`STEELHEAD
06-24-2009, 11:55 AM
wish someone would break this setanta thing down.
i've read its only certain areas setanta won't be brodcasting or something.

yes. liked watching curley(bunce). he used his hands when he talks which makes it easier to understand. some of you guys talk so dang fast its hard to understand. sort of a reverse mayweather sr. thing.

just was made aware that u.k. can't get a lot of overseas streams or something.
its hard for me to believe. is it your government that doesnt alow you to get streams?

here i am up in humboldt co. living in the sticks this time of year in "bigfoot country"(literaly). no tv but i have the internet and get ppv and hbo's, showtime etc. all streaming. they may be in chinese or pilipino or german
but i get them. and now these legit legal streams of boxing from yahoo sports and espn360.

i know you guys hate me but can you break this setanta thing down.

S.G.
06-24-2009, 12:15 PM
wish someone would break this setanta thing down.
i've read its only certain areas setanta won't be brodcasting or something.

yes. liked watching curley(bunce). he used his hands when he talks which makes it easier to understand. some of you guys talk so dang fast its hard to understand. sort of a reverse mayweather sr. thing.

just was made aware that u.k. can't get a lot of overseas streams or something.
its hard for me to believe. is it your government that doesnt alow you to get streams?

here i am up in humboldt co. living in the sticks this time of year in "bigfoot country"(literaly). no tv but i have the internet and get ppv and hbo's, showtime etc. all streaming. they may be in chinese or pilipino or german
but i get them. and now these legit legal streams of boxing from yahoo sports and espn360.

i know you guys hate me but can you break this setanta thing down.
I've never had any problem specific to people from the UK finding streams for fights. Not sure about legal streams though I've never tried

Think you might be referring to us not having access to certain videos (music videos mostly) on YouTube and similar websites?

Andre Wardttke
06-24-2009, 01:26 PM
No one will give Buncey that type of freedom again........

Agreed, his rants about other channels and the like were awesome. He'd be censored on another network.

Boxing Bully
06-24-2009, 01:48 PM
Wait so what happens to our subscription money then. I don't think theyve given details about this. Im not particularly comfortable with the thought that they still have my card details and I havent had the chance to actively cancel the subscription myself.

Special K
06-24-2009, 02:32 PM
I had it on the Virgin XL package, not sure what's going to replace it. I'm down boxing, UFC, epl, spl, golf and the hilarious Mourinho puppet. Not that happy about it. I blame the English for not subscribing when they bought the epl matches.

The Gully Gad
06-24-2009, 06:43 PM
THE UFC have hammered another nail in Setanta's coffin by tearing up their TV deal.
UFC programming has been broadcast live on the sports channel since January 2008.

But with the Irish firm on the verge of slipping into administration, the world's No1 mixed martial arts group had little choice but to walk away.

Marshall Zelaznik, president of the UFC's UK division, said: "It was with great regret that we ended the relationship with Setanta.

"Over the last two years, Setanta has helped the UFC become the biggest indoor sporting event in the British Isles.

"They were the right partner for us at the right time as we continued to build the sport of mixed martial arts and our brand.

"Throughout the last few weeks we have been kept informed of the situation at Setanta.

"Therefore, we are in a position to ensure our UK and Eire fans will not miss any of this summer's huge UFC events ***8212; commencing with UFC 100 in July.

"We will be announcing the new home of UFC shortly but assure our fans they won't miss any of the upcoming super-fights."

Zelaznik added: "On behalf of the UFC I want to wish the team at Setanta all the strength to get through what must be very difficult times.

"We have worked very closely with the entire Setanta team over the past years and wish them the best of luck in the future."

Muttley85
06-24-2009, 07:08 PM
facebook group and petition to get someone else to pick up the boxing hour
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=93634979290
worth joining

Joe2608
06-25-2009, 07:35 AM

That was heartbreaking :(