View Full Version : Who is the best Video Game developer?

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 12:32 PM
1)Capcom

http://wire.ggl.com/wp/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/capcom.jpg

Megaman

Street Fighter

Resident Evil

2)Konami

http://rebornonline.files.wordpress.com/2008/06/konami.jpg

Metal Gear Solid

Castlevania

Contra

Silent Hill

3)Square Enix

http://www.playfuls.com/images/news/square.jpg

Final Fantasy

Tomb Raider

Kingdom Hearts

Hitman

4)Rockstar Games

http://userimage.gamespot.com/images/union_icon/3/0/union12003/union_icon.gif

GTA series

Max Payne

Manhunt

5)Nintendo

Zelda

and a million other games

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 12:42 PM
for the wii surely its Nintendo....

but overall i believe its

http://weblogs.variety.com/the_cut_scene/images/2008/07/10/infinityward.jpeg

xzworks
06-22-2009, 12:44 PM
Blizzard.... Quality over Quantity..next is Konami then Square..

ACHlLLES
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM
Nintendo has some great games, Mario Kart, Zelda, Smash Brothers, and Punch out.

Square Enix is a ****ing joke, before it becamse square ****ty enix it was squaresoft and it had better games like final fantasy VII.

the_blueprint
06-22-2009, 12:45 PM

yeah infinity ward created cod modern warfare so they win it for me

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 12:46 PM

They don't have a track record of great games just one classic, Call OF Duty.

xzworks
06-22-2009, 12:47 PM
for the wii surely its Nintendo.

LOL!!!... Nintendo created wii..

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 12:49 PM
LOL!!!... Nintendo created wii..

yeah exactly... third party devs **** the bed when it comes to the wii.... nintendo only cares about their own first party development...

but sony and microsoft rely on and help third parties dev for their consoles

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 12:52 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned Valve yet.

Half Life

Left4Dead

Portal

Team Fortress

xzworks
06-22-2009, 12:54 PM
yeah exactly... third party devs **** the bed when it comes to the wii.... nintendo only cares about their own first party development...

because they are the REAL gaming company unlike sony and microsoft which is young competitiors...nintendo dont sell wiiPhone or other sh*t..

actually nintendo is last real gaming company survives.. (sega and atari are dead on hardware)

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
because they are the REAL gaming company unlike sony and microsoft which is very young competitiors...nintendo dont sell wiiPhone or other sh*t..

actually nintendo is last real gaming company survives.. (sega and atari are dead in hardware)

i dont know man... i think Nintendo betrayed their hardcore fanbase with the wii.... they went from pioneering with the cutting edge NES SNES and N64 to something thats more of a fad...

everyone i know who bought a wii later bought a serious console when the wii/fad got old...

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 12:57 PM
because they are the REAL gaming company unlike sony and microsoft which is very young competitiors...nintendo dont sell wiiPhone or other sh*t..

actually nintendo is last real gaming company survives.. (sega and atari are dead in hardware)

That is why I voted for Nintendo. They didn't just create the games but engineered and revolutionized systems as well.

xzworks
06-22-2009, 01:02 PM

i dont know man... i think Nintendo betrayed their hardcore fanbase with the wii.... they went from pioneering with the cutting edge NES SNES and N64 to something thats more of a fad...

everyone i know who bought a wii later bought a serious console when the wii/fad got old...

cant blame them..ps2 are killing them..then M$ comes with xbox..they need to get the masses money not the hardcores to survive..since nintendo have weak library with 3rd party developers...

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
cant blame them..ps2 are killing them..then M$ comes with xbox..they need to get the masses money not the hardcores to survive..since nintendo have weak library with 3rd party developers...

true that.... the gamecube didnt do much for them...

this is just my take on Nintendo...

they revolutionized gaming and really lead the way with it... but they stuck with the same age group and same mentality level with every console that they made... it was just a more modern better graphics kids system... whereas Sega (at one point) and in coming Sony then Microsoft, really picked up with the grown up gamer... they appeal to the people that started out on nintendo when they were young and advanced it further... and yeah they cater to the more hardcore gamers, the "gamers for life"

and Nintendo still sticks with the young ones and the socialites... and truly that is a bigger market....

just not for me i guess

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Naughty Dog

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 01:25 PM
Naughty Dog

they definitely have some good ****....

i cant wait for Uncharted 2....

Insomniac is solid too

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 01:34 PM
they definitely have some good ****....

i cant wait for Uncharted 2....

Insomniac is solid too

Both are great, however Naughty Dog have to be the most consistent from the ps1 to the ps3 days.

Uncharted 2 will rock. Can't get onto the beta though...need a code.

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 01:39 PM
well most of them big companies you listed hire other companies to develop(like squre with tri ace and konami with kojima productions......) or are so big that they have a lot of teams, for example rockstar north developed GTA while rockstar vancouver developed Bully and the Max Payne franchise....so yeah, its too geenral to decide

id say Nintendo is the closest to being a big unified developer because ultimatly, Miyamoto has control of all the big franchises...........

anyway......

I'd say Insomniac and Naughty Dog are my favorites.......

Insomniac created and developed the Original 3 Spyro titles for PS1, The Ratchet and Clank franchise for PS2, and the Resistance and Ratchet and Clank Future franchises for PS3.

Naughty Dog created and developed the original 3 Crash Bandicoot games and the first Crash Team Racing for PS1, the Jak and Daxter series for PS2 and the Ucharted series for PS3.

robjr
06-22-2009, 01:43 PM
im a huge fan of megaman series aswell as resident evil..

Capcom for me.

Sam D. Menace
06-22-2009, 01:46 PM
capcom, resi evil and dmc
konami are only good for mgs

bishop2006
06-22-2009, 04:39 PM
None of the ones u mentioned lol

Sttuddahboy619
06-22-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm gonna have to with Capcom!

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 04:44 PM
None of the ones u mentioned lol

Throw a name out there.:dead1:

???
06-22-2009, 05:24 PM
Where's EA?

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Where's EA?

They destroyed too many games to be mentioned.

Clegg
06-22-2009, 06:09 PM
I am surprised no one mentioned Valve yet.

Half Life

Left4Dead

Portal

Team Fortress

Yeah, I've been impressed with everything Valve have done.

Capcom, with Street Fighter and Resident Evil, created two of the best gaming series of all time, so they would probably get my vote, but I might need to think about it a bit more.

Konami have done some good work but...they piss me off. They created a great football (soccer) game, and then each year they seem to alter the gameplay in a way that I dislike. The 2009 version was an improvement, but they still managed to glitch the achievements:grumpy:

JmtRyan
06-22-2009, 06:38 PM
Rockstar easily,

Sick/
06-22-2009, 07:08 PM
Rockstar and Capcom

F l i c k e r
06-22-2009, 07:37 PM
The king of Next Gen games is Ubisoft. They are really killing it with all these "A+" grade titles for the next gen consoles.

Overall, Nintendo kills the field for its legendary-ness. Capcom is the **** too, they been fallin off as of late tho. Focusing on bringing back the old school Rockman. If it wasn't for RE5, they might have fallen off completely.