View Full Version : No custom entrance music for PS3 version of FNR4.

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 09:43 AM
Just heard from a person who has got the game early in the states. If true it is bull****. There is not one valid reason for not having this feature on the ps3.

PS3 gets shafted again...oh well. Buys Punchout Wii instead to spite myself.

ACHlLLES
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
What the **** is up with the ps3 getting screwed? And in alot of multi-platform games it seems like the 360 wins on graphics because alot of developers don't know how to utilize the ps3s power still! Like on ghostbusters ps3 I know their was a community pissed off for the fact that ps3 version has smaller textures and so on. Stop screwing the ps3 over!!!

It pisses me off because two of my 360s broke, and that is when I decided to switch over to the ps3. I know graphics aren't everything because the game is still nice looking, but still!

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 10:08 AM
im not that interested in that... i always skip through it anyway...

i just want the damn "in the ring" mode!

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 10:09 AM
I've always said that the Xbox 360 is the console to buy.

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 10:11 AM
I've always said that the Xbox 360 is the console to buy.

for all your "high-failure rate" needs

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 10:14 AM
By the way, Activision are dropping PS3.

http://uk.gamespot.com/news/6212246.html?tag=latestheadlines;title;1

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 10:15 AM
for all your "high-failure rate" needs

And all Americans are fat, greasy rednecks.

ACHlLLES
06-22-2009, 10:30 AM
Sony is retarded, if they did cut the price on their system they would tear red ring of death 360 apart. And what pisses me off most is that I own a Ps3, and if they go bankrupt because they don't even know how to sell their own system properly I'm going to flip!!! I better atleast get god of war 3 before their system fails so much they don't even support anymore.

JmtRyan
06-22-2009, 10:31 AM
Haha you can say how unrealiable the 360 is, but look at who all the developers are siding with! hahaha.

Don't worry, i'm some 360 owner will upload a video of how awsome custom entrance music is, for you.

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 10:35 AM
Who gives a damn which console is the best?

I'm just annoyed that the ps3 is missing a feature that should be there. It takes that little bit of shine away from the game

TRAVI$
06-22-2009, 10:53 AM
Sony are really getting screwed over with the exclusive features...

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 11:58 AM
BS if true................no reason to shaft the ps3 with this...

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 12:06 PM

lol................

#1 thats not confirmation, they said they may do it if ps3 doesnt drop the price soon

#2 its bluff, activision is the biggest milker out there, missing out on profitable ps3 games would be ****ing stupid and against alll principles activision has(aka money)

#3 everyone is expecting a PS3 pricedrop in either August(for the release of Madden) or November(for the Gran Turismo realease) anyway, so that makes the point moot......

#4 even sony have said whatever...activision console games are **** unless you like to get milked for Guitar Hero "Britney Spears" or whatever version of that game theyre making.......Blizzards best and most successful Titles(Star Craft, Diablo and WoW) are for PC

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 12:08 PM
lol................

#1 thats not confirmation, they said they may do it if ps3 doesnt drop the price soon

#2 its bluff, activision is the biggest milker out there, missing out on profitable ps3 games would be ****ing stupid and against alll principles activision has(aka money)

#3 everyone is expecting a PS3 pricedrop in either August(for the release of Madden) or November(for the Gran Turismo realease) anyway, so that makes the point moot......

#4 even sony have said whatever...activision console games are **** unless you like to get milked for Guitar Hero "Britney Spears" or whatever version of that game theyre making.......Blizzards best and most successful Titles(Star Craft, Diablo and WoW) are for PC

the next Tokyo electronics expo, whatever the hell its called, is when i hear they are announcing the price drop....

not that i care (i have two ps3s) :crazy:

ИATAS
06-22-2009, 12:33 PM

They are not dropping the PS3, do you know how much money they would lose? The president has always had issues with PS3 because he has his own motives, but for them to drop ps3 would be one of the most boneheaded decisions of all time

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Either way, I don't see Activision making statements like this about Xbox 360. Probably because it's the best console out there right now.

ИATAS
06-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Either way, I don't see Activision making statements like this about Xbox 360. Probably because it's the best console out there right now.

Yes, the best 40% fail rate console you can get.

The president of Activision has many of his own motives to make these statements, don't forget that.

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 12:40 PM
I love stereotyping :)

I also love people who put their Xboxs in dingy cabinets/cupboards, then wonder why the thing overheats.

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 12:49 PM
I love stereotyping :)

I also love people who put their Xboxs in dingy cabinets/cupboards, then wonder why the thing overheats.

what is M$ defense force doing on boxingscene.com? shouldnt you be at n4g or neogaf or something???

Sam D. Menace
06-22-2009, 12:51 PM
damn, in the 360 version can you make your own entrance like wwe 09?

that'd be kickass

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 01:06 PM
what is M$ defense force doing on boxingscene.com? shouldnt you be at n4g or neogaf or something???

Aww

It's Ok, I understand your frustration.

:)

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 01:13 PM
To be fair, the x-box is the best console to have at the minute, but in a couple of years Sony will be back up the top. The world is just waiting for the ps3 to drop in price. That's why the ps2 is the best performing console.

Plus the ps3 looks sleek and grown next to the hdtv.

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 01:14 PM
The PS3 will never be top again, that's a fact.

XBox just has so many things over the PS3 now. E-sports are growing and Xbox 360 is the leading console for that. The only reason people buy the PS3 now is for the Blu-Ray player.

BetterCallSaul
06-22-2009, 01:24 PM

XBox just has so many things over the PS3 now. E-sports are growing and Xbox 360 is the leading console for that. The only reason people buy the PS3 now is for the Blu-Ray player.

X-Box has only sold 8m more consoles than the ps3, and it has been out for two years longer. Add in the fact that the ps3 is a lot more expensive (although you don't need to buy any add-ons), and it's in a decent position. Wait until the ps3 has dropped $100 in price, then we will see what the ps3 is capable of.

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 01:54 PM

yes, the ps3 will never be top again....because the wii smashes both the HD consoles asses in sales......the x360???that **** is passable if sony plays their cards right.........look at what the 100 dollar price drop+Gran Turismo will do, especially in Europe......lol, that 1m lead for the 360(with a one and a half year head start i might add) will be reduced to 0 in about 3 months.....and look for the crazy boost when FFXIII and the price drop hits japan on the PS3........Hell the PS3 aint selling as badly as it should in America right now......Canada is still somewhat loyal to the PS brand name so it should help keep a healthy lead there too with the price drop.....sure in the long run, america is pretty much lost, but the overall "war" is still pretty much winnable......bluray market is expanding too.....and once the PS3 gains back the ground it lost to cheaper blu ray players, it will benifit a lot too....

Dubious-Dutch
06-22-2009, 01:56 PM
X-Box has only sold 8m more consoles than the ps3, and it has been out for two years longer. Add in the fact that the ps3 is a lot more expensive (although you don't need to buy any add-ons), and it's in a decent position. Wait until the ps3 has dropped $100 in price, then we will see what the ps3 is capable of.

How long are people going to use that two year launch differential nonsense? Ten years from now with the Ps4 it will be the same thing. The excuse actually benefits Microsoft as well considering they rushed out the console without perfecting it first while Sony made sure it was near perfect.

THE REED™
06-22-2009, 01:57 PM
The only people who think the PS3 is ****.. are the ones who do not have one.

I had and loved my 360 for 2 1/2 yrs.

I bought a PS3... and it was obvious.

-PedoBear-
06-22-2009, 01:58 PM
The only people who think the PS3 is ****.. are the ones who do not have one.

I had and loved my 360 for 2 1/2 yrs.

I bought a PS3... and it was obvious.

thats right man....

envy is ugly!

JmtRyan
06-22-2009, 02:13 PM
The xbox 360 has raped the ps3 in sales, both in consoles and games. Last years top selling games where for the 360 and wii, ps3 was no where to be seen.

Haha, wasn't it last febuary that the ps2 outsold the ps3? Hahahaha :lol1:

Don't take it on us that you got ripped off buying a ****ty console that nobody gives a damn about boy! laaaaaaaa.

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Final Fantasy XIII was also announced to be released for Xbox 360 in Europe and North America.

Aww, no more exclusive for PS3?

Metal Gear Solid: Rising was also unveiled, making it the first Metal Gear game to appear on the Xbox 360.

They couldn't even keep MGS as an exclusive!

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 02:29 PM
The xbox 360 has raped the ps3 in sales, both in consoles and games. Last years top selling games where for the 360 and wii, ps3 was no where to be seen.

Haha, wasn't it last febuary that the ps2 outsold the ps3? Hahahaha :lol1:

Don't take it on us that you got ripped off buying a ****ty console that nobody gives a damn about boy! laaaaaaaa.

xbox rape ps3?lol.....i guess selling 10% more of a console that is half the price is "raping"...................

america is the only territory 360 dominates........until the x360 price drop, PS3 had almost passed it in all oter territories.......in 1 year and a half less time....:lol1:, even with the price drop, 360 could only build a 1 million lead(in non american territories), that like i said will be reduced to **** once Gran Turismo and the price drop hit the PS3......

not that we should care about sales........since games are the important things.....and everyone thought 2008 was a better year for games in PS3 than in 360.......2009 is a close race, well, for western territories anyway, FFXIII in Japan tips the scale in PS3's favour for the year(and so far, PS3 has released the best 2 exclusives of the year so far, Killzone 2 and Infamous)....and 2010 is beastly for the PS3....pretty much no way 360 could top the 2010 line up...

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 02:38 PM
Aww, no more exclusive for PS3?

They couldn't even keep MGS as an exclusive!

so???.........its not like theyre 360 exclusives.......not to mention XIII is still exclusive in Japan(where FF is huge), and theres still FFVersus XIII(by the team that made FFVII and Kingdom Hearts) and FFXIV as exclusives(or timed exclusives maybe)

Kojima aint even directing MGS Rising :lol1:, its probably just a milk money move from Konami, and shouldnt be names "Solid" since Snake aint on it.....not to mention Metal Gear has never been PS exclusive...... MG was on PC's, MGS1 was on Gamecube, MGS2 was on Xbox.......hell you could argue the "real MGS5"(said by Kojima himself) is still PS exclusive, since MGSPeaceWalker is on the PSP. :rofl: ....

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 02:39 PM
Metal Gear Solid: Rising is an upcoming stealth action video game in the Metal Gear series by Kojima Productions

Think again.

:haha:

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 02:42 PM
Think again.

:haha:

he is not directing, idiot......and has already said he didnt like the idea.....until konami started telling him to shut up :lol1:

-Hyperion-
06-22-2009, 02:44 PM
and like i said, ps3 still gest the games, so what exactly is the problem? you have stock on MS or what...

street bully
06-22-2009, 06:10 PM
PS3 is better than that overheating piece of crap.

Kinto
06-22-2009, 06:25 PM
**** this ****, I want custom music for the ps3 version. I edited the the track i want to use and its ready for it and they screw us like that. This is worse than no buttons.

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
I feel sorry for you guys, the gaming market has obviously realised that the Xbox is the superior console.

PS3 still gets the games?

Name me some of the PS3's top games?

F l i c k e r
06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Hell nah, Ps3 better have the feature. I dont believe that "I got it way earlier" ****. When it comes out, I will believe it when that **** wont allow me to put in the music I want. It better have the feature though or I will be pissed.

Im not buying a 360. Not until they make a game for it that remotely interests me. So far, nothing on the 360 interests me. If they came out with a Shenmue 3 or some ****, maybe. Since that is not the case and I hate FPS, I dont give two ****s about the 360 and the RROD.

JmtRyan
06-22-2009, 06:29 PM
I mean, ****; ps3 ain't even getting GTA dlc haha.

Kinto
06-22-2009, 06:31 PM
Well the PS3 started slow with good games but this year they released better games than the opposition, even the future games look better. Plus I don't know why but xbox owners always want the games only available for the ps3, tells you something doesn't it?

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 06:32 PM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/Orl4ndo_from_Venezuela/mgs4.jpg?t=1245709882

F l i c k e r
06-22-2009, 06:33 PM
http://i444.photobucket.com/albums/qq166/Orl4ndo_from_Venezuela/mgs4.jpg?t=1245709882

Fail........

Kojima said it will never be on the 360. Microsoft gets that Rising; not directed by Hideo Kojima, ****.

D-MiZe
06-22-2009, 06:35 PM
Fail........

Kojima said it will never be on the 360. Microsoft gets that Rising; not directed by Hideo Kojima, ****.

A Hideo Kojima game

That's what I can see on the case. He's not directing it, but he is producing it.

Kinto
06-22-2009, 07:13 PM
I've been digging some information about this, it seems that the reason why the ps3 may not have custom music is because EA don't want to pay for the bandwidth because unlike xbox live where players pay the fee for it with PSN the developers are the ones to pay. Cheat bastards, they screw us with madden and fifa games every year but they can't do something like that for us? **** them.

xxjace
06-22-2009, 10:46 PM
hey I'm rdy to receive mine..I preordered mine in full from amazon about a month ago..I've heard of sometimes them shipping them early to try and get them to you by release date...anyways I have a ps3 and dont care that we dont have that feature and dont care that they dont have that button mashing ****..I'm just excited about the game in general..

I loved the demo

ИATAS
06-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Fail........

Even if MGS4 were on xbox360, it would need like 9 discs or some ****. lol

ИATAS
06-22-2009, 11:28 PM
I've been digging some information about this, it seems that the reason why the ps3 may not have custom music is because EA don't want to pay for the bandwidth because unlike xbox live where players pay the fee for it with PSN the developers are the ones to pay. Cheat bastards, they screw us with madden and fifa games every year but they can't do something like that for us? **** them.

Wouldn't be the first time EA screwed over PS3 owners. Oh well, the intro's are like 7 seconds long so it's not that huge of a deal. Maybe they'll release a patch one day, who knows.

Infern0
06-22-2009, 11:59 PM
That Rising game will suck balls, like final fantasy versus, its just a cynical cash in

Idgas
06-23-2009, 03:52 AM
lol you nuthuggers. you guys are this close to making ps3 and xbox mafias.

BetterCallSaul
06-23-2009, 06:04 AM

How would bandwidth be effected if the music data is stored on our hard drives? I don't even want custom entrance music for online games that much just for legacy mode, even though online entrance music would be nice. EA have just ripped ps3 consumers off.

The worst thing about it is, we didn't even find out about this missing feature until the game released. Maybe if they told us that the ps3 version would be inferior to the x-box version a couple of months ago, and gave us an explanation, I could have swallowed it. But that would mean their sales would be affected, so they chose to lie to us saying that both versions are exactly the same, when that is false.

Less trophies
No custom entrance music

What else is going to be missing?

-Hyperion-
06-23-2009, 10:12 AM
That Rising game will suck balls, like final fantasy versus, its just a cynical cash in

RISING is gonna be milking, Versus is made by the best square enix team(FFVII-Kingdom Hearts Team led by Tetsuya Nomura), so no, no cash in....dont worry, im sure youll be hyped for it if Microsoft pays enough to have it on 360.....

Andre Wardttke
06-23-2009, 12:41 PM
Somethings aren't possible on each console. The 360 can't handle MGS4's graphics, the PS3 can't handle in game media upload. It balances itself out. Both got good points and bad points.

-Hyperion-
06-23-2009, 01:20 PM
Somethings aren't possible on each console. The 360 can't handle MGS4's graphics, the PS3 can't handle in game media upload. It balances itself out. Both got good points and bad points.

except the RAM problem with Media importing in game was solved months ago, hence the reason most new ps3 games have custom soundtracks when the developers want to put it in....EA were just lazy........a ***** move since according to them they got more Profit from PS3 last year........

ИATAS
06-23-2009, 04:02 PM
except the RAM problem with Media importing in game was solved months ago, hence the reason most new ps3 games have custom soundtracks when the developers want to put it in....EA were just lazy........a ***** move since according to them they got more Profit from PS3 last year........

either they were lazy or they have other motives.