View Full Version : I need help gaining weight, PLEASE HELP ME!!!

queenleia
09-25-2004, 06:41 PM
I need help gaining weight, I weight 158 and I'm at least trying to get to 180. It doesn't neccessaryly have to be muscle just as long as I can add the pounds and make them stick.

Is there any good way for me to gain weight, my girlfriend made some sggestion but they are not working.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

nezahualcoyotl
09-25-2004, 06:49 PM
Eat as much as you can 24/7 like they do in jails/prisons. Cup o'noodles, cupcakes, cookies, nething man, just dont stop eating!

elveiel
09-25-2004, 07:35 PM
I need help gaining weight, I weight 158 and I'm at least trying to get to 180. It doesn't neccessaryly have to be muscle just as long as I can add the pounds and make them stick.

Is there any good way for me to gain weight, my girlfriend made some sggestion but they are not working.

Thank you

The quick fix
Squats, bench press and curling will help you look big, you will slow down though!!

The correct way
Boxing, roadwork and weights. this will take a lot longer to gain size but at least you wont be a big, dumb lazy gym head who would get KO'd by any boxer.

Forget about eating to much! you'll get fat and have a heart attack at 40! the only safe way to put weight on is by exercise and eating to correct amount of food. Research what you eat and dont believe anyone who says load up on protein(most people's diets already have enough protein without supplements)

{BrownBomber}
09-25-2004, 07:57 PM
i have a friend that was about 145 and couldn't gain weight. he would go to the gym a lot, and never got passed 150. He ate healthy chicken,fish,tuna,etc... he noticed that when he actually gave red meat a chance he gained atleast 15 to 20 pounds in about 2 or 3 months.Or it could be that he is getting older and his metabolism has slowed,but he is only 28. they say its bad for u but i would buy only lean meat. Ive always ate red and i have no probelm gaining weight,im 5 9 225 a little fat around the waist but then again i dont do ****. Go to outback steak house and order the melbourne, i can two of those babys. they r 22 ounce steaks and man r they delicious. So the piont is eat red meat and weight train,heavy weight.

acquitted
09-25-2004, 09:51 PM
Try To Eat 3 Meals A Day..and Snacks Inbetween Like Bananas And Stuff

kepsy
09-26-2004, 12:57 AM

Thank you

First off, how tall are you?
Try and eat at least six times a day, every three hours. 2000 - 2500 calories a day, couple that with heavy lifting concentrating on your major muscles before isolation exercises. No aerobics, just warm up before workout and cooldown after.
Remember, muscles are heavier than fat so you might be better off trying to gain the weight by muscle.

spinksjinx
09-26-2004, 09:17 AM
Lean cut meats, a good source of carbs and protein (1-1/2 grams of protein for each pound) Do compound exercises to gain the bulk, you will be set....

NichtGeflechten
09-26-2004, 01:39 PM
Drink 3 bottles a day of Bolthouse Farms Soy Protein drink and squat heavy.

http://bolthouse.com/html/cs_vanilla_juice_n.html

theironone
09-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Easy mate just eat a whole lot more, try 5 bigish meals a day and a couple of protien shakes to go with it and you should pack it on in no time, always eat directly before bed that way the body won't burn as much off ( cos your sleeping ), a meal and a shake, if you want to try to eat big every 3 hours, but that'l mean getting up in the night.
So the weight isn't all fat eat alot of good stuff but if you aint bothered get supersizing

Tha Greatest
09-26-2004, 03:48 PM
Get Protein shakes and drink lots!!!

psychopath
09-30-2004, 08:34 PM

Thank you

Well there are two ways you can accomplish your intention and desire to gain that extra poundage. Itís either you do it recklessly or you can do it scientifically, the healthy and safe way.

Recklessly . . . . as in you keep eating a lot . . . sleep a lot and drink beer a lot without exercising at all - here youíll earn that poundage in very short period of time but it going to be more of unwanted fats and chubbyness.

Scientifically . . . . as in you increase your metabolism by exercising and taking food supplements . . . eating the right kind of foods and taking enough rest for your body to cope up with the changes that it is undergoing. In this youíll be more athletic . . . youíll get lean muscles . . . flexibility . . in short healthy, BUT you will have to spend time on this.

If you can give me a little bit more of info about yourself . . . then I can give you more specific tips which will be helpful to your cause applicable to your situation, that is if you are that serious about this matter.

height
student or employee
sports you are into ( or any other activities)

Supafly25
10-10-2004, 09:12 AM
hey im looking to put on muscle also and would appriciate the help pso_junior. I am student and i play basketball and do a little bit of boxing. i attend gym 3-4 times a week and do resistance exercises and weights for my shoulder every day (recovering from dislocated shoulder). i am 6 ft 2 74.5 kg (163.9 pounds) and im trying to get up to about 83-85 kg (182.6-187 pounds). any tips would be appriciated. thanx

psychopath
10-12-2004, 11:58 PM
hey im looking to put on muscle also and would appriciate the help pso_junior. I am student and i play basketball and do a little bit of boxing. i attend gym 3-4 times a week and do resistance exercises and weights for my shoulder every day (recovering from dislocated shoulder). i am 6 ft 2 74.5 kg (163.9 pounds) and im trying to get up to about 83-85 kg (182.6-187 pounds). any tips would be appriciated. thanx

Hey Sorry Bro it took me a while before I was able to come back to this thread . . . but anyway . . . based on this info you gave, you're living a quite healthy way of life. Good for you :D

First of all I'm not a professional on this matter but having been an athlete myself I can give you an advice and share to you all the experiences I have had with professionals who guided me during my active athletic days.

Okay you want to add up about 10 to 11 kg of lean muscles. Actually it won't be that hard for you since your body is already athletic. I will suggest that you start to increase your gym work out for your lower body. Waist down, that is to make your body base very strong and stable in preparation for that additional poundage. Since you are also into basketball and occasionally boxing you wouldnít want to put those extra muscles on the wrong part of your body because it will just impaired your mobility. I wonít go to the details of what exercises you need to do, just check with the people in the gym where you are working at and Iím sure theyíll guide you properly.

Now on your upper body I canít really tell you how to go about this because I understand youíre just recovering from a shoulder injury . . . . and Iím not aware of how you are reacting to your recovery program so just do it the way you can. But Then I suggest you concentrate mainly work on your chest with the Triceps, Biceps and forearm as second priority. Using a convenient weight with a lot of repetitions would do the trick . . . to avoid aggravating your shoulder problem.

The food intake is a major part of your program. Eat your normal 3 X a days meals, but take supplements. Buy a OVER THE COUNTER supplement for metabolism. The kinds that you take every meal time. This is to ensure that the nutrients and minerals of the food you take doesnít just go out of your body as waste. Also buy a supplement for body building, the one that sayís BULK UP, choose your brand. This comes in form of powder which you can just add up to your milk, shakes or what ever. This you have to take in between your meals. Remember only OVER the COUNTER supplements! Additional points make sure you wear a sweat shirt when you work out to keep your sweat flowing and make sure you eat 2 hours before you sleep at night.

Well thatís about it. If you can follow that I can promise you youíll be surprised with the results. You should notice the difference in 60 days. And one more thing distinguish yourself from the competitive body builders because youíre not. You donít have to punish yourself to do and follow their routines. You said you just want to add up some lean muscles . . . so set your mind on that goal. To sum up what I have just told you, this is more of body shaping or sculpting itís not for complete body building. This is what the movie actors go through when preparing for movie roles that requires them to show their bodies. 2 to 3 months of religious routine always do the trick. But also remember this . . . no PAIN no Gain . . . you look good . . . you will always feel good.

So good luck Brother!

Supafly25
10-17-2004, 07:40 AM
thanx 4 the help bro, i appriciate it. ive gone and got some of that bulk up powder shake stuff so il c how i go wit that. thanks alot

Tha Greatest
10-17-2004, 12:10 PM
haha take creatin n u'll gain over 10 pounds in 2 days
but why u wanna gain so much weight

mr.thraz
11-21-2004, 12:09 AM

Thank you
eat 1 big meal a day, at night before you goto bed.
you'll become a fatass in no time.

Argentina
11-21-2004, 08:57 PM

Thank you
I went from 145 to 240 in a little over a year by eating CONSTANTLY, all the time, little snacks all of the time. Howeve,r you Must do conditioning and stamina work, otherwise you'll end up with tons of excess fat, which took me about a year to fully work off, I'm now 185 and v ery fit. So, eat constantly, eat junk food, but keep your metabolism and stamina up. THis is what worked for me, of course it is in retrospect where I"m adding the conditioning part, as I did not do that when I was gaining.

But be smart about your weight gain, health and stamina are much more important than weight and size.

Argentina
11-21-2004, 08:59 PM
THis also worked for me, but it can severely worsen your metabolism, which can give you fits for a long time. Be careful

BoxingPromoter
11-22-2004, 02:15 PM

Thank you

Consume lots of hotdogs, hamburgers,french fries, sausages, pasta, cake, and wash it all down with lots of beer! (no light beer) :mad:

Atwa_66
12-05-2004, 05:53 PM

Thank you
I haven't tried this, But I head before you go to bed at night, eat 2 peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches and a glass of milk. It's worth a try

maxpayne
12-06-2004, 02:33 AM
rather eating 3 big meals break your meals into 6 smaller meals.

Mr. Violence
12-06-2004, 02:45 AM

Thank you

eat a lot. especially carbs and meat also. also cut down on running and increase weight lifting.

abdiel2k3
12-06-2004, 02:56 AM
i have a friend that was about 145 and couldn't gain weight. he would go to the gym a lot, and never got passed 150. He ate healthy chicken,fish,tuna,etc... he noticed that when he actually gave red meat a chance he gained atleast 15 to 20 pounds in about 2 or 3 months.Or it could be that he is getting older and his metabolism has slowed,but he is only 28. they say its bad for u but i would buy only lean meat. Ive always ate red and i have no probelm gaining weight,im 5 9 225 a little fat around the waist but then again i dont do ****. Go to outback steak house and order the melbourne, i can two of those babys. they r 22 ounce steaks and man r they delicious. So the piont is eat red meat and weight train,heavy weight.

whata liar

we're suppose to belive you have frineds?
lmao jk

buff_mike10
01-26-2005, 12:24 AM
I went from 135 to 170 in under a year doing this. Eating about three times as much as normal to start. Bench and skull crushers every other night, start out light, then pack on the weight. The night in between do curls and squats the same way. When you think you can't do one more, take a few deep breathes and force out two more. My arms went from 13 to 17 in under a year, solid muscle.

Hunna
01-26-2005, 09:42 AM
alot of snacks man inbetween meals, and alot of rest, veging out and sleep.... after hard weight sessions, punching bag, and jogs/ or sprints.
then u will gain good soild mass, not fat n stuff.
sleep is important!

Mr. Ryan
01-26-2005, 01:14 PM
Peanut Butter and Jelly sandwiches.

Pugnacious_Z
03-03-2005, 02:37 AM
ive heard alot about creatine, wat does dat do?????????

Slipx
03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
makes you a human balloon basically

pumps up your muscle groups with water making you look bigger (and fatter)

if you wear rings and they fit snugly expect them to not fit at all after you load up

nawfal
03-03-2005, 01:32 PM
eat lots and drink lots of protein shakes! as thagreaetest says

-GBGQ-
03-03-2005, 08:08 PM
Gaining weight takes a strict diet if your a hard-gainer like me but it can be done with self-discipline. It's almost like eating becomes a job while your gaining.
First off, don't skip any meals. That's a given. And make the most out of your meals. Chicken Breast, Rice, Vegetables, Juices, just eat sensibly. As far as cupcakes and fatty things like that, eat them too but DO NOT over do it. Over eating those foods are going to make you feel sluggish and not going to help you any in sports.
Your eating is going to be a challenge because between meals you also need to eat snacks like peanuts, celery and peanut butter, cottage cheese, and also with your snacks skip out on straight protein shakes and instead subsitute MYOPLEX sports shakes. They have protein, CARBS, and other vitamins in the shakes. Lastly if you can take Animal Pak vitamins. Don't get scared by the size of the pills. They are kind of big and there are like 10-12 in one serving. But trust me, it's worth it.
Going by these guidelines I gained around 15 lbs. of muscle in a month and a half. My body fat index was still at 5.7 % and I felt great.
It's almost going to be at the point of where you want to throw up as soon as you take a bite into your new meal but keep eating and exercising, you can do it.

tnom
03-03-2005, 10:57 PM
I need help gaining weight, I weight 158 and I'm at least trying to get to 180. It doesn't neccessaryly have to be muscle
Well if that's the case, try carrying heavy objects in your pockets.

Seriously though--I'm your size and trying to bulk up, too. Can't say enough about eating before bed. And lots of non-red meat (you don't need a heart attack) proteins: tofu, nuts and fish, fish, fish!