View Full Version : long skelton british heavyweight

J !
11-17-2004, 11:39 AM
techinically this will be ****ing awful, but it coudl be exciting a real ding dong.

predicitons ? skelton ko 8

if anyone is going to the york hall friday let me know ill be covering it for the bbn. :cool:

barryboy
11-17-2004, 12:18 PM
I'd go for Skelton late on, your right this will be a good old heavyweight slugfest, no dancing or moving here so it should be exciting, the fight Skelton had with Mirovic was excellent and this could be something similar.
What about the undercard is it Meager/Hunt?. If it is i'll go for Meager, even though Hunt's a good boxer I don't think he's that strong and he cuts quite easy as well and Meager's a good little battler so it's a good clash of styles. Excellent card. Luck you :cool:

J !
11-18-2004, 08:02 AM
cheers dude am sure once the cards are back in glasgow we will sort it out for ya mate.

could be an interesting fight, look out for us black shirt blue note pad looking gormless and scribbling away !! :D

barryboy
11-18-2004, 12:25 PM
:D :cool: Will do mate!

stu
11-18-2004, 03:42 PM
If Skelton comes through, they are apparently talking of adding him to the Williams v. Klitchko card.

tony
11-19-2004, 08:31 AM
Skelton by KO some point in the second half of the fight. It won't be one for the connoisseurs though!

AJ53
11-19-2004, 03:45 PM
im thinking that this should be a great fight no technical stuff just all out war.
i like to watch skelton brawl but i wonder if he will ever get any better than he already is?
tonights fight should be a good test for him against a man who not too long ago took danny williams the distance.
i know keith long is a strong tough heavyweight but i don't see him coping with matt's pressure.
my moneys on skelton on points but i wouldn't be surprised if he needs to take a count beforehand.

barryboy
11-19-2004, 07:10 PM
That was one messy fight, it didn't show us anything new about Skelton but I suppose the stoppage was damage limitation :D
The Hunt/Meager fight was a good scrap and even though they cut out 2 rounds it looked to me as though Meager deserved it, just backs up the argument that we need 3 judges in this country for title fights at least.

J !
11-22-2004, 04:18 AM
http://www.britishboxing.net/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1100975190&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&&PHPSESSID=5d9ecba1210982bed392d6ea635b381d

write up for your information / enjoyment.

tony
11-22-2004, 01:27 PM
We saw yet again that Skelton can't shake off his mixed martial arts past. I've grown tired of the constant grabbing to be honest. He loves a good scrap but it isn't the sweet science.

The Hunt V Meager fight on the other hand was excellent. Hard to say who won because i watched it on the tv and probably got swayed by the commentry because it was so close - but i thought Meager deserved the nod. Frank Maloney didn't sound like he fancied putting his charge through a fight like that again... But Meager deserves a rematch.

AJ53
11-22-2004, 04:10 PM
http://www.britishboxing.net/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1100975190&archive=&start_from=&ucat=&&PHPSESSID=5d9ecba1210982bed392d6ea635b381d

write up for your information / enjoyment.
great article mate cheers.
i've started checking out that site regular for the british news :)

J !
11-23-2004, 04:47 AM
cheers guys yeah pease do there plenty of up to date stuff on there. Belive we are looking at catching up wiuth Paul ingle in the near future and the usal exclusives such as witter, hatton (was done recently) hopefully get a word with danny pre fight night.

IVE GIVEN UP CHASING DAVID HAYE THOUGH.

jeez you weould have thought he was universally recognised champ the amount of effort it is to get an interview.

Wouldnt mind but he just got his ass kicked by thompson you would have thought he would welcome the exposure.

tony
11-23-2004, 09:12 AM
He's probably hiding under a rock.

barryboy
11-23-2004, 09:38 AM
cheers guys yeah pease do there plenty of up to date stuff on there. Belive we are looking at catching up wiuth Paul ingle in the near future and the usal exclusives such as witter, hatton (was done recently) hopefully get a word with danny pre fight night.

Excellent give me a shout when the Paul Ingle piece is being done as i've always liked Ingle, a real down to earth guy and he could fight a bit too :cool:

J !
11-23-2004, 10:03 AM
He's probably hiding under a rock.

tunnelled into the earth more like, honest he missed a chance to set the record straight get a bit of exposure and explain his side of the story. Instead i got fobbed off for weeks by his pr company .

i dont have that time to waste to be honest the boxing is a on top of a day job, which often dont finish til 7 pm so Im like why the heck am I busting my balls to get hold of a fighter coming off a loss. :confused:

dont get me wrong i like david he is one of my fave fighters but if he doesnt sort this image thing out he will end up a non respected joke, no matter what he does in the ring.

spends too much time worrying about his website and how he looks than training in my opinion.

carl thompson sure agrees :D ;)

will do barry think kev is doing that one though.

tony
11-24-2004, 08:55 AM
I've got to say, i was glad to see him lose. Somethings not right when Jodie Marsh leads your entourage into the ring... I nearly broke my hand clapping like a maniacal fool watching Thompson stick it to him during the final moments of the bout!

Carl Thompson, you've just got to love him.

J !
11-24-2004, 09:48 AM
i was friggin there :eek: , ill never forgive haye he looked so wonderful in his ten fights prior lol! ruined my boxing rep he did, future world champ etc etc etc.

i looked like a right wanker.

but hey that's part of the fun aint it! :D

tony
11-26-2004, 08:50 AM
It doesn't get much better than watching a hype machine like Haye get derailed by a grizzly veteren who, was let's face it, was brought in to get bashed up. To be fair, it was a good wake up call for Haye and chances are he'll become a better fighter off the back of it.

All i'm waiting for now is for Fraudley to step up to the plate against 'a name' and have his arse handed to him too.

blackbelt2003
11-26-2004, 09:26 AM
Yes, I agree.

Losing is not the be all and end all...and I wish the likes of Ricky Hatton and Joe Calzaghe would understand that.
In fact, they'd both probably be BETTER fighters now if they had a couple of 'L's on their records.

Black

foremanfan
11-30-2004, 02:07 PM
Matt Skelton is never going to be world class shorly. He looks like he's puching through treacle most of the time.