06-13-2009, 07:13 PM
i'll say tyson inside of 3 rounds.
i made this thread becuz some people i talk to really think
that wlad could beat a 1987 tyson, lol

poll coming

D-MiZe
06-13-2009, 07:14 PM
The Wlad huggers will say Wlad.
The people that think Prime Tyson was in the ring with Douglas will also vote Wlad.

Anyone with half a brain votes Tyson.

El Jesus
06-13-2009, 07:19 PM
Tyson simply weaves his way into a place that wlad hates, the inside, fight over.

talip bin osman
06-13-2009, 07:23 PM
sanders figured out a way to get into wlad's chin...

tyson certainly can... maybe even fatser & a whole lot nastier too...

portuge puncher
06-13-2009, 07:30 PM
i personally think it would be the most brutal KO in history,
cuz Wlads tall, so it would take him a while to go completly down,
which means tyson would be throwin crazy on Wlad's way down.

them_apples
06-13-2009, 08:01 PM
Tyson stops him in 3. Just another contender on Tysons record.

Silkstone
06-13-2009, 08:10 PM
Tyson by holocaustal KO

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Anybody who actually believes that Wladimir would beat a prime Tyson should pick up a gun, and paint the wall behind them with whatever brain matter they have left.

Prime Tyson was the definition of a stylistic nightmare for Wlad.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Wlad hold on until the 6th or 7th, after being dropped once or twice in the process.

But there's no way in hell he makes it to the final bell.

Tyson TKO 6 or 7.

nachorjj
06-13-2009, 08:39 PM
Tyson early KO.... The only can beat a prime Tyson was a prime foreman I think

RightCross94
06-13-2009, 08:46 PM
wlads chin means he doesnt survive the early onslaught

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 09:48 PM
Anybody who actually believes that Wladimir would beat a prime Tyson should pick up a gun, and paint the wall behind them with whatever brain matter they have left.

:haha: OMFG I wish I could give you green k for that one :rofl:

Poet

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 09:53 PM
:haha: OMFG I wish I could give you green k for that one :rofl:

Poet

Can you even imagine?

Wlad's china chin would shatter into a million pieces when he was staring at this in the center ring....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUXAe3Mul8

@ 1:08.

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 09:56 PM
Can you even imagine?

Wlad's china chin would shatter into a million pieces when he was staring at this in the center ring....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDUXAe3Mul8

@ 1:08.

Hell, now I want to go watch the two Tyson - Ruddock fights after Cotto - Clottey is over :rofl:

Poet

paul750
06-13-2009, 09:57 PM
Tyson in the first probably. And before anyone cries, yes Vitali would do much better. We're talking about Wlad here, though.

Southpaw Stinger
06-13-2009, 10:01 PM
Tyson in 12... (seconds)

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 10:03 PM
Tyson in the first probably. And before anyone cries, yes Vitali would do much better. We're talking about Wlad here, though.

The really laughably scary thing is the Euro fans all think Wlad is better than Vitali. It's one of the reasons I've said that many Euros have an amatuer mentality when it comes to boxing: It's like they really don't understand the pro game and they think in terms of what works in the amatuers.

Poet

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 10:06 PM
I can't wait to see Klitschko 2009, Wlad Owns, Tunney, Vit Bangs, and all of the other Wlad huggers come in here and try to twist the poll into Wlad's favor.

Hell, now I want to go watch the two Tyson - Ruddock fights after Cotto - Clottey is over

Poet

Those were some nice scraps. Tyson/Tillis came on Versus the other night, I caught it just in time.

Been a while since I saw the Ruddock fights though, I may youtube that real quick while I wait.

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 10:08 PM
I can't wait to see Klitschko 2009, Wlad Owns, Tunney, Vit Bangs, and all of the other Wlad huggers come in here and try to twist the poll into Wlad's favor.

Those were some nice scraps. Tyson/Tillis came on Versus the other night, I caught it just in time.

Been a while since I saw the Ruddock fights though, I may youtube that real quick while I wait.

I have them all on DVD of course :D

I'm sure they'll TRY. Funniest thing about that crowd is how oblivious they are to the fact that 90% of Boxing Scene laughs at them :rofl:

Poet

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 10:18 PM
The really laughably scary thing is the Euro fans all think Wlad is better than Vitali. It's one of the reasons I've said that many Euros have an amatuer mentality when it comes to boxing: It's like they really don't understand the pro game and they think in terms of what works in the amatuers.

Poet

Viali is everything Wlad is not.

Bigger, stronger, more intimidating, and with a set of balls cast out of iron.

Wlad on the other hand ; not so much.

They remind me of the 1990's movie "Twins", with Vitali being the genetically superior specimen played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

And Wlad of course, being the leftovers that made Danny DeVito's character.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/The_Bringer_2007/twins_ver3.jpg

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Viali is everything Wlad is not.

Bigger, stronger, more intimidating, and with a set of balls cast out of iron.

Wlad on the other hand ; not so much.

They remind me of the 1990's movie "Twins", with Vitali being the genetically superior specimen played by Arnold Schwarzenegger.

And Wlad of course, being the leftovers that made Danny DeVito's character.

http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s220/The_Bringer_2007/twins_ver3.jpg

Yep, exactly! Now let the tantrums from the usual suspects begin :rofl:

Poet

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 10:24 PM
Yep, exactly! Now let the tantrums from the usual suspects begin :rofl:

Poet

I think I'll go ahead and make that my avatar, just to piss them off further.

paul750
06-13-2009, 10:25 PM
I do think Vitali would be a handful for anyone, and no walkover. But these so-called fans of the Klitschkos' were the same ones saying Sam Peter could beat Ike etc, which was just laughable. It works both ways fellas.

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 10:26 PM
I think I'll go ahead and make that my avatar, just to piss them off further.

Did you see my Tunney - Klitschko2009 movie? :rofl:

Poet

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 10:27 PM
Did you see my Tunney - Klitschko2009 movie? :rofl:

Poet

No, I missed it.

Link or it didn't happen.

Ziggy Stardust
06-13-2009, 10:28 PM
No, I missed it.

Link or it didn't happen.

http://www.xtranormal.com/watch?e=20090611202651170

Roger Mellie
06-14-2009, 04:03 AM
Timberrrrrrr!!!!!

Roger Mellie
06-14-2009, 04:06 AM
Wlad by KO has 3 votes! I wonder who that could have been?:wank::wank::wank:

Edward Hitler
06-14-2009, 04:19 AM

Poet

No offence here but you can have much of a clue about Europeans mate because all the ones i know would say tyson would destroy wlad, wlad is only the best atm because the hw division is a big fat joke, prime tyson was possibly the best hw ever, its over in 3 easily and vitali id give until 6-7 max

Silencers
06-14-2009, 06:47 AM
Tyson would knock Wlad out early, Wlad might have a chance if he manages to survive the early onslaught but even that's a small chance.

The Iron Man
06-14-2009, 08:28 AM
Tyson by big KO.

Ziggy Stardust
06-14-2009, 10:51 AM
No offence here but you can have much of a clue about Europeans mate because all the ones i know would say tyson would destroy wlad, wlad is only the best atm because the hw division is a big fat joke, prime tyson was possibly the best hw ever, its over in 3 easily and vitali id give until 6-7 max

My saying ALL Euros is a bit of hyperboly. I will say that MOST of the ones I've engaged in debate with think the Klitschkos would have destroyed any past Heavyweight great and the few who don't think Lennox Lewis would have. As for comparing to Klitschkos to each other, practically every Euro (non-Brit) fan I've debated thinks Wlad is the better of the two. Now mind you this is based on discussions on this and other boxing forums so conversations down at the pub with people who DON'T post on the net might reveal something different.

Poet

#1Assassin
06-14-2009, 11:39 AM
4 ppl voted Wlad by KO :lol1:

only way i can see wlad winning.. is if he got so nervous during the staredown his nose started bleeding, and once tyson answered the bell he slipped in it and knocked himself out against the canvas..

if that doesnt happen. tyson by murderous KO within 3.

portuge puncher
06-14-2009, 11:59 AM
wow, there isnt any kilt nuthuggers yet, im shocked

DeepSleep
06-14-2009, 12:28 PM
Not a very good fictional match up. Prime Tyson is one of the worst match ups for Wlad. Even with Wlad's brutal jab Tyson gets inside and slaughters him like a turkey on thanksgiving. A match up between Vitali and Tyson would be much more interesting to ponder.

Special K
06-14-2009, 04:47 PM
Where is the evidence people? So called prime Tyson couldn't get inside B class tall fighters James Smith and Mitch Green, or Tony Tucker who was a tall fighter maybe verging on A class. That tells you he didn't like fighting tall fighters. The other tall fighters he faced either gave him trouble or knocked him out, even Bruno (who isnt fit to lace Waldo's gloves) had Mike rocked. I think this goes to the cards or ends in a late stoppage for Waldo.

portuge puncher
06-14-2009, 04:50 PM
^^^^^^^ lmfao!!!!!!!!

LondonRingRules
06-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Where is the evidence people? So called prime Tyson couldn't get inside B class tall fighters James Smith and Mitch Green, or Tony Tucker who was a tall fighter maybe verging on A class. That tells you he didn't like fighting tall fighters. The other tall fighters he faced either gave him trouble or knocked him out, even Bruno (who isnt fit to lace Waldo's gloves) had Mike rocked. I think this goes to the cards or ends in a late stoppage for Waldo.

** Tyson never had any trouble with tall fighters. Smith and Green virtually shut out on the cards.

Tucker gave him his toughest defense when Tyson was still a professional boxer in training and not the sick and abused child he would shortly become. That's where all of Tyson's troubles in and out of the ring stem from.

Tucker was a A+ talent, undefeated, and in his prime. Any heavy HOFer is gonna struggle with Tony who could beat 60-70% of them easily. Tyson prevailed down the stretch when his unique blend of speed and power sent Tucker into his Ali "float like a butterfly" style.

Every fighter Tyson fought was taller. That said, any of the 8th graders dismissing Wlad's chances is to be expected. Every fighter has a chance which is why odds are set......:duh: Wlad is one of the few fighters more gifted than Tucker was in physical attributes save some punch resistence.

The bias against Wlad comes from the usual dears that don't understand that he and his brother are simply one off greats making their appearence in their own time. When you look at each heavy champ in history, it's amazing how different most are from each other and how little credit most got until retiring. You have to go back to the days of Louis to find a heavy champ with comparable number of wins at 33 yrs of age.

No, the usual dears get carried away focusing on every negative and can't see the 52 wins and more than a dozen defenses, some unifications and the last 4 yrs of lopsided performances that barely sees him taking a punch.

I'd pick a peak Tyson to win a tourney of all time greats, but that wouldn't mean a thing as such a thing cannot be proven. One could use supporting logic and stats, but that seems beyond the grasp of the average 8th grader. Wlad is bigger, stronger with a better jab than Tucker. He can tie up better than Tucker. Tucker with better footwork, but footwork didn't keep Tyson from cornering him and winning the points battle.

If Smith and Green can tie up Tyson, so can Wlad, and guess what? Wlad and his brother are some of the very best and most dangerous outside fighters in history, so he's got a 500% better offense than they did.

Then again, it could be an early night and we know what that means. They have to fight to make it so, and it ain't gonna happen.

J.Dempsey
06-15-2009, 08:21 AM
prime tyson kills wlad...n any other HW today... :boxing:

but good points above me ;D

boxing_great
06-15-2009, 10:13 AM
I can see Tyson destroying Wlad in a matter of a few rounds, if that..But I can also somehow see Wlad troubling Tyson with his very long reach, and jab.

res
06-15-2009, 06:21 PM

Tony Tucker was alot faster than Vlad, and Smith and Green pretty much held Tyson all night.