View Full Version : FFS Tyson Fury is injured

Infern0
06-11-2009, 04:27 PM
UK Boxing: Tyson Fury Injured; Murray vs Lawton; Frankie Gavin
Fans of heavyweight sensation Tyson Fury will have to wait a little longer for his seventh professional outing. The 6 foot 9 inch Fury has suffered a back injury in training meaning that his next bout has now been postponed until July 18 in Norwich. Fury had been set for action on this Saturday’s “Rule Britannia” card at the Robin Park Arena in Wigan. The Hennessy Sports event is live on ITV4 from 8pm and is headlined by John Murray’s British Lightweight title defence against Scott Lawton. However with a persistent back injury hampering his preparations Fury has been forced to withdraw from the card. “I’m very disappointed but the doctor has said that the only thing for the injury is to rest for a week so then I should be able to get back to training for the July 18th fight,” said Fury.

“I’ve been very busy since I turned pro and I want to keep to a busy schedule so I don’t want to risk the back injury getting any worse. I’m getting closer to a British title shot with every fight now so hopefully on July 18th I’ll take another step up in class. I know Mick Hennessy is working on something for that show and I’ll be ready for whoever shows up in the opposite corner.”

Saturday night’s chief support features a Battle of Champions with Southern Area champ Tom Glover clashing with Central Area title holder Nadeem Siddique in a scheduled 10 rounder. Tyson Fury’s cousin Phill Fury remains on the card as he goes in search of his second pro win with hot featherweight prospect Steve Barnes also featuring.

Exciting puncher Andrew Singh Kooner will also see action alongside the pro debuts of Bobby “Boogaloo” Ward, the last Englishman to defeat Amir Khan and Sheffield heavyweight, Richard Towers

-----------
06-11-2009, 04:53 PM
Are you a REAL fan of Fury?

Caus you always post about him

RenegadeT
06-11-2009, 05:47 PM
Iv avoided the last few fights , it really doesn't interest me to watch a guy a foot taller than most just hitting opponents like their a bag

would be fun to see him against evander holyfield , id pay for that , holyfield wins by early KO round 1

Infern0
06-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah I like Fury, he is a bit mouthy for his own good, but I like watching him fight. I think hes our best h/w prospect right now

arcyannnni
06-12-2009, 09:10 AM
Fast forward in 4 years time and where do you see him?

The Surgeon
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
FFS now Murrays missed the weight and lost his title!

THE REED™
06-12-2009, 04:13 PM
He pulled out due to financial reasons... and fear.

Gojira
06-12-2009, 04:20 PM
FFS now Murrays missed the weight and lost his title!

Any excuse to duck "the bloke from stoke".

The Surgeon
06-12-2009, 04:53 PM
He pulled out due to financial reasons... and fear.

Tyson Fury refuses to acknowledge the existance of the word FEAR

Chip2006uk
06-12-2009, 05:06 PM
Tyson Fury refuses to acknowledge the existance of the word FEAR

Lol its true, he certainly aint lacking in confidence

The RealDeal
06-12-2009, 05:59 PM
I'm not interested in Fury much at the moment.

tommy boo boxer
06-12-2009, 06:05 PM
THE F/UCK IS IT WITH THESE SPINELESS BRITONS!!!!!.... first Haye now this fella!!!! FFS

FreshPrince
06-12-2009, 07:51 PM
I laughed when he called out Sam Peter. Peter could come to the Ring 300 lbs of lard and dispose of Tyson Fury in the early rounds.

Infern0
06-12-2009, 08:00 PM
Fury would turn fatty peter into a samosa

JmtRyan
06-15-2009, 04:04 PM
Fury would destroy Peters.

The Gunner
06-15-2009, 04:23 PM
Fury would stop Peter quicker than Vitali.

BetterCallSaul
06-17-2009, 05:01 AM
Who neccchht?

Damn, I didn't even know Peter had fought since his loss to Vitali. Another loss to Chambers.

I think Fury take this.