View Full Version : Do You Think Tyson Was Guilty?

alishuffle
06-09-2009, 07:38 PM
Do you feel Tyson was guilty of rape and deserving of going to prison, or was his poor legal defense unable to get an innocent person off? The more I read about it, the more I think Tyson was innocent.

Whats your thoughts? Maybe somebody could enlighten me.

MR ITALIAN
06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
I love Tyson....but sfter watching his doc.. The part when he talks about being with women... made me think hmmmmmmm! I wasnt there so I dont know!

#1Assassin
06-09-2009, 07:42 PM
innocent. dude was at a miss black america contest ffs. hes the god damn HW champ of the world, u know damn well he could bang 95% of them hoes. and he throws away his life to get one of em? hell no.

***** thought they was falling in love, gave him her precious flower. but for mike it wa sjust a one night thang. so miss hoe piece said he raped her.

JAB5239
06-09-2009, 08:24 PM
Do you feel Tyson was guilty of rape and deserving of going to prison, or was his poor legal defense unable to get an innocent person off? The more I read about it, the more I think Tyson was innocent.

I personally think he was innocent. I knew Desiree Washinton's brother when he was at the university of Rhode Island and met her on a couple of occasions. I don't claim to have known her well, but she came off as a person who would use her looks and anybody she could to get what she wanted. Very disingenuous and see through, but a tremendous flirt and not shy about flaunting her body for even a drink.

Combine that and the fact that anyone with any common sense wouldn't expect ANY women to be going to Tysons room for cookies and milk at 1am. I have no doubt if this wasn't planned it was thought of shortly after. She seemed very calculating.

Top that off with the proclamation that she was never interested in Tysons money only justice, and than filed a civil suit and it leads me to believe she knew EXACTLY what she was doing. Just my opinion of course, the courts have already spoken.

MANGLER
06-09-2009, 08:33 PM
I think she was just some starstruck tramp who wanted to **** wit Mike, and during the course of it he got a lil too rough for her likin. But did he actually rape her? No.

GJC
06-09-2009, 08:36 PM
I personally think he was innocent. I knew Desiree Washinton's brother when he was at the university of Rhode Island and met her on a couple of occasions. I don't claim to have known her well, but she came off as a person who would use her looks and anybody she could to get what she wanted. Very disingenuous and see through, but a tremendous flirt and not shy about flaunting her body for even a drink.

Combine that and the fact that anyone with any common sense wouldn't expect ANY women to be going to Tysons room for cookies and milk at 1am. I have no doubt if this wasn't planned it was thought of shortly after. She seemed very calculating.

Top that off with the proclamation that she was never interested in Tysons money only justice, and than filed a civil suit and it leads me to believe she knew EXACTLY what she was doing. Just my opinion of course, the courts have already spoken.
I agree I think he was set up.
Just difficult when its one persons word against another.
Did Tyson behave ungallantly and like an animal, probably. Was she the little wide eyed innocent she played, probably not.
Unfortunately often in court the biggest liar wins.

GJC
06-09-2009, 08:37 PM
The thing that always suprised me was that the people around Tyson couldn't see that one coming way over the horizon. Think the most naive person in this was Tyson not Desiree Washington

#1Assassin
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
The thing that always suprised me was that the people around Tyson couldn't see that one coming way over the horizon. Think the most naive person in this was Tyson not Desiree Washington

tyson was immature when it came to girls. he trained way up in the catskills for years secluded from pretty much all females. he said in the documentary he lived in celibacy for years. then once he became champ *****es threw themselfs at him, random *****es knocking on his door was a everyday thang. this one just happened to be a golddigger, mike never saw it coming.

MANGLER
06-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Didn't that ***** also accuse more than 1 other guy of sexual assault too? I think I heard that somewhere before but dunno if it's true or not.

JAB5239
06-09-2009, 08:44 PM
Didn't that ***** also accuse more than 1 other guy of sexual assault too? I think I heard that somewhere before but dunno if it's true or not.

........Yup.

JAB5239
06-09-2009, 08:49 PM
I agree I think he was set up.
Just difficult when its one persons word against another.
Did Tyson behave ungallantly and like an animal, probably. Was she the little wide eyed innocent she played, probably not.
Unfortunately often in court the biggest liar wins.

Tysons name, reputation and past all were strikes against him from the beginning. If he had a competent criminal attorney from the start I think he would have walked.

COOP407
06-09-2009, 09:05 PM
Whether he did it or not, I don't know, but I think the prosecution's case was very weak, and he should not have been convicted based on what they had.

Southpaw Stinger
06-09-2009, 09:11 PM
She actually agreed to oral sex..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pQScHXh_ZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pQScHXh_ZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

freudianfloyd
06-09-2009, 09:25 PM
Wasn't his attorney a tax attorney and never dealt in criminal matters?

Onslow.
06-09-2009, 09:34 PM
To be honest. After watching his new film/documentary I don't think he did.

He comes across as the kinda guy who if he did rape her - wouldn't give a f.uck about saying he did. He would have no problem with it. He'd just say it and not care what you think.

So when he says he didn't. I believe him. Because he doesn't care what we think anyway.

Bigdaddy_Vh
06-09-2009, 10:36 PM
Tysons name, reputation and past all were strikes against him from the beginning. If he had a competent criminal attorney from the start I think he would have walked.

agreed.

IMO, mike got her goodies, had an argument with her afterwards which pissed her off and then she exacted her revenge. the press and the courts made an example out of mike. was mike a stand up model citizen? probably not. but did he rape that girl? probably not

The Iron Man
06-10-2009, 11:11 AM

Very interesting post, i agree with the last 2 paragraphs. As for the first paragraph i find it very interesting and it backs up what alot of us where already thinking. Thanks for sharing.

GJC
06-10-2009, 12:30 PM
She actually agreed to oral sex..

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pQScHXh_ZI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8pQScHXh_ZI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Didn't she say she didn't inhale though? Or am I getting confused? :)

mickey malone
06-10-2009, 03:15 PM

NOT GUILTY.. If this was not the case he'd still be in clink now.. That was the worst KO he ever suffered, closely followed by the one dished out by Robbing Gibbons..

Boogie Nights
06-10-2009, 03:30 PM
Mike didnt need to rape her, he had line ups of groupies following him every hour of day and night. Realistically he could have had any woman he pointed his finger at. It was just a situation where a ***** could capitalize on ****ing a man out of his hard earned money and most importantly his freedom.

Many years have gone by, mike done his time, by now if he did what he was falsely accused of, he would have owned up to it and admitted it. But there's nothing to admit, as far as im concerned, mike cares very little about what people think of him, and if he actually done it, he would have no problem saying directly into the camera lens, 'i raped the *****'.

The Iron Man
06-10-2009, 07:19 PM
Mike didnt need to rape her, he had line ups of groupies following him every hour of day and night. Realistically he could have had any woman he pointed his finger at. It was just a situation where a ***** could capitalize on ****ing a man out of his hard earned money and most importantly his freedom.

Many years have gone by, mike done his time, by now if he did what he was falsely accused of, he would have owned up to it and admitted it. But there's nothing to admit, as far as im concerned, mike cares very little about what people think of him, and if he actually done it, he would have no problem saying directly into the camera lens, 'i raped the *****'.

I like your sig mate good idea!. Just guessing here but is that the Ruddock II fight? just cose i can only remember him weighing 216 twice, that was against Biggs and Ruddock, with Don king there and without the stress patch I'm guessing Ruddock II?

Boogie Nights
06-10-2009, 08:13 PM
I like your sig mate good idea!. Just guessing here but is that the Ruddock II fight? just cose i can only remember him weighing 216 twice, that was against Biggs and Ruddock, with Don king there and without the stress patch I'm guessing Ruddock II?yep, the razor rematch. :fing02:

P.S nice sig you got there too

The Iron Man
06-10-2009, 08:26 PM
Cheers man!

Thought it was the Razor fight, he really got in shape for that. He wanted to kill Ruddock!!.

Did u ever notice for some reason in that fight his alias changed from Iron Mike to Mighty Mike Tyson?! just for that one fight, always thought it was a bit odd.

Boogie Nights
06-10-2009, 10:29 PM
Cheers man!

Thought it was the Razor fight, he really got in shape for that. He wanted to kill Ruddock!!.

Did u ever notice for some reason in that fight his alias changed from Iron Mike to Mighty Mike Tyson?! just for that one fight, always thought it was a bit odd.
He was also called that in their first fight. To note, the Ruddock fights were Mike's first fights on Showtime network, and Jimmy Lennon Jr was doing Tyson's introductions for the first time. Maybe they wanted to change it up a little, make it different from how Buffer was doing on HBO.

The Iron Man
06-10-2009, 10:42 PM
He was also called that in their first fight. To note, the Ruddock fights were Mike's first fights on Showtime network, and Jimmy Lennon Jr was doing Tyson's introductions for the first time. Maybe they wanted to change it up a little, make it different from how Buffer was doing on HBO.

Good point, it was both Ruddock fights not just the second. In the McNeely and Mathis fight it was the one the only.. Mike Tyson. Iron Mike re-started at the Bruno II fight. But occasionally was left out his intro.

d9rat
06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
http://books.google.com/books?id=S7B59vs8g5QC&printsec=frontcover&dq=america+on+trial

Go to page 493. You can read about three quarters of the chapter on the Mike Tyson trial. I was on the fence on him being guilty or innocent but after reading this chapter it completely made me believe he is innocent.

Quite a bit of evidence got thrown out of court and there was a lot of bias by the judge. An interesting read though it is upsetting in how unfair a trial can be.

D-MiZe
06-12-2009, 12:10 PM
Mike didn't rape her.

I can't remember the exact quote Tyson said, but it was something like this;

I never raped her, I might have taken advantage of other girls. But not Desiree

Lets not forget a few years earlier Givens accused him of being aggressive and abusive. So when Desiree comes forward with a story like Tyson raping her, she at least has some historical substance to use.

deemo
06-12-2009, 01:04 PM
i think if he was guilty he would have already raped someone else again by now.
look at tony ayala jr. he was in prison for for 20 or so years and still couldnt resist.

1SILVA
06-12-2009, 06:52 PM
Guilty as sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beecherhq
06-12-2009, 07:02 PM
Guilty as sin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Narh lads. I've always thought he was innocent ever since i found out that Desiree had accused someone before of rape which was proven false.

RightCross94
06-12-2009, 11:15 PM
i agree she strikes me as a person who seems pretty calculating, but mike probably did take advantage of her

Mugwump
06-13-2009, 10:59 AM
I remember reading Donald McRae's excellent "Dark Trade" (if you can get it - BUY it!), in which he said that whilst he hoped Tyson would be proved innocent, after investigating the case and taking into account Tyson's mental state at the time he thought he was guilty.

El Jesus
06-13-2009, 03:40 PM
mike has admitted to doing some pretty ****ed off and hateful **** in his life, for him to this day to say he didint do it, even with all the peace hes found in his life, i dont believe it.

▀ringer
06-13-2009, 08:28 PM
Nobody can say with clarity whether he did, or did not commit rape.

But we all have our own opinions.

I'm of the opinion that Tyson was innocent.

First of all, no woman goes to a star athlete's hotel room at 1 in the morning for an "autograph" or "cookies and milk".

Secondly, there's that interview in which she somewhat laughed or joked about the rape on Television. I forget the actual show, but I know it's on youtube somewhere.

Lastly, why would Tyson need to rape her? Every woman in the Country was more than willing to have sex with him at his leisure. He could've had any actress or fashion model he wanted, because he was that big of a star.

I find it hard to believe that a man with that type of celebrity would have to resort to rape to get his rocks off.