View Full Version : Klitschkos vs. the great heavies

glidesmack
05-25-2009, 10:52 AM
How do the Klitschkos match up?

against the great boxers like Ali and Holmes?

Great swarmers like Tyson, Dempsey, Frazier and Marciano?

Great punchers like Foreman and Louis?

I'd sort of expect them to outbox the punchers, and they might be too big for some of the swarmers. Maybe they'd have the most trouble against Ali and Holmes? What do you guys think?

Ziggy Stardust
05-25-2009, 12:47 PM

I'd sort of expect them to outbox the punchers, and they might be too big for some of the swarmers. Maybe they'd have the most trouble against Ali and Holmes? What do you guys think?

Wlad loses to all of them. Vitali is capable of being competitive with many of them and capable of pulling some upsets given a good stylistic matchup. Walcott is a good possibility for a Vitali win, though I could see Walcott giving him fits with his crafty style. Still, Walcott wasn't known for his chin and Vitali does have power so at some point I would think Walcott would get caught.

Poet

BattlingNelson
05-25-2009, 04:14 PM

You might enjoy reading this excellent thread:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254814

Special K
05-25-2009, 04:42 PM
People slag this HW era, but the Holmes era was probably worse imo, and Holmes at the age Vitaly is now was past it.

Infern0
05-25-2009, 04:46 PM
People think LWad would lost but only because of his chin, technically he is more solid than vitali, so i think he could win some fights, just maybe not against the real hard hitters.

RightCross94
05-25-2009, 07:05 PM
Wlad might beat tyson and marciano and dempsey if he can keep his nose clean and fight behind his jab, but if he gets caught he'd be in big trouble, wlad loses to all the others

vitali probably beats marciano, dempsey, tyson....him vs frazier would be a competitive brawl, he could go okay against all the others like ali and holmes and holyfield but would lose on points

Leakbeak
05-27-2009, 01:41 PM
Robocop Jr would get knocked the **** out like he did V Corrie ''The Professional Golfer'' Sanders. robocop Sr would give some of them a good go, but I expect he would lose to many of the greats aprt from of course his fellow overrated friends such as Sloppiano

▀ringer
05-27-2009, 01:53 PM
Vitali would do much better matched head to head, against the Heavyweight greats. Even pulling some likely upsets IMO. His physical advantages, heart, and intelligence would be a good match for any Heavyweight.

On the other hand, it's just hard to imagine Wlad doing anything but losing to them all. His chin is highly suspect, his style is boring and predictable, and his heart has never been tested. Matched up against a guy like Frazier or Foreman, it could only spell disaster.

portuge puncher
05-27-2009, 04:54 PM
Wlad might beat tyson and marciano and dempsey if he can keep his nose clean and fight behind his jab, but if he gets caught he'd be in big trouble, wlad loses to all the others

vitali probably beats marciano, dempsey, tyson....him vs frazier would be a competitive brawl, he could go okay against all the others like ali and holmes and holyfield but would lose on points

a 19 year old tyson knocks vitali and Wlad from here, to the other side of the pond.