View Full Version : Who are the best white Heavyweights ever?

fight_professor
05-23-2009, 07:29 PM
If we were to compile a top 10, what would it be. Some of the obvious names (Rocky, Vitali, Johannson (I think so) )...so of the older guys from the pre Louis era, Dempsey etc.

Just out of boxing curiosity of people's opinions. I have never been racist here and this thread has no hint of racism behind it.

Q2)

Who is the best white HW ever? Both lbs/lbs and alltime list?

tennesseeboy
05-23-2009, 07:41 PM
marciano,tunney,dempsey are probably the top 3 all time white heavyweights... been other greats such as klit bros, johansson, cooney,... billy conn, i dont know if youd consider him a heavyweight or not, but gave joe louis all he could handle several times.. hmm, lets see, max baer, max schmelling.... well, hope that helps some

tennesseeboy
05-23-2009, 07:44 PM
jack sharkey wasnt too bad either... i mysoelf consider oscar bonavena white, but some people wouldnt considering he is argentenian... but alot of them look like normal white people to me... jmo

TheGreatA
05-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Not in order:

Marciano
Dempsey
Jeffries
Tunney
Schmeling
Corbett
Fitzsimmons
Sullivan
Schmeling
Baer
Sharkey
W. & V. Klitschko
Quarry
Johansson

tennesseeboy
05-23-2009, 07:48 PM
oh yeah, forgot quarry

Leakbeak
05-23-2009, 08:01 PM
Ivan Drago and Rocky Balboa were the best white heavyweights ever, lol

fight_professor
05-23-2009, 09:59 PM
Oscar Bonavena was white. Argentines are 90% white.

George Chuvato.

Its not a bad list of fighters. Dempsey, Rocky, Kilt, Schmeling...much better then people give it credit for.

Rocky...
05-23-2009, 10:00 PM
jack sharkey wasnt too bad either... i mysoelf consider oscar bonavena white, but some people wouldnt considering he is argentenian... but alot of them look like normal white people to me... jmo

Loads of Agrentenians are white :fing02:

Rocky...
05-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Not in order:

Marciano
Dempsey
Jeffries
Tunney
Schmeling
Corbett
Fitzsimmons
Sullivan
Schmeling
Baer
Sharkey
W. & V. Klitschko
Quarry
Johansson

Thats a good list :D

What about primo canero???

fight_professor
05-23-2009, 10:15 PM
So from that list, who is the best p4p, and who would be the most successful in a 'super league' of great HW?

Vitali Klitschko has huge size and power advantages.

Leakbeak
05-24-2009, 01:10 AM
Oscar Bonavena was white. Argentines are 90% white.

George Chuvato.

Its not a bad list of fighters. Dempsey, Rocky, Kilt, Schmeling...much better then people give it credit for.I was thinking of them two as well, but Chuvalo was just dureable. Bonavena was a good fighter, that found himself in a tough era. Argentines have native blood as well as Spanish and Italian ancestors, who in turn have Moorish roots mixed in so I don't know if you can class them as white which is why I mentioned Rocky Balboa and Ivan Drago instead! TBH he looked very brown to me and I wouldn't class latine fighters as white.

Thats a good list :D

What about primo canero???
He was a paper champ built up by the mafia. Did you watch the movie Carnera? lol

glidesmack
05-24-2009, 08:50 AM
PFP I'd say dempsey's the best white heavyweight champ. Guy won it at 180, beat the top two contenders in the first 30 seconds before that.

Marciano was pretty small for a heavyweight, too, so he could deserve some pfp recognition. He also seemed to punch harder than dempsey.

D-MiZe
05-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Tyson Fury

fight_professor
05-24-2009, 09:26 AM
Maybe one day he'll be up there.

tennesseeboy
05-24-2009, 11:11 PM
yeah, i consider argentines white.. hell sergio martinex looks like my grandfather when my grandfather was 30 years old and he is 100 percent white.. if he didnt have the name martinez you wouldnt think twice of him being white or not being white jmo