View Full Version : Strebendt vs. Shrek - EC 58

Kempo Chris
06-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Gerald Strebendt has agreed to step in as a late replacement and fight Sean Sherk in one of the co-main events of Extreme Challenge 58 this Friday in Medina, Minn.

'You'll never accomplish anything great if you don't put yourself on the line,' Strebendt said. 'If Sherk wasn't one of the top guys in the wprld, I wouldn't take the fight on such short notice. But he is one of the best, so it puts me in a position to test myself.'

Strebendt is a UFC and Bushido veteran with an 8-4 MMA record. He is a brown belt in BJJ under Eddie Bravo and is a former sniper instructor for the Marines. Sherk is 24-1-1 with his lone loss coming against Matt Hughes for the UFC welterweight championship.

LINEUP

Co-main events
- Gerald Strebendt vs. Sean Sherk
- Todd Carney vs. Dave Menne

Feature fights
- John Dixson vs. Travis Wiuff
- Shannon Ritch vs. Darryl Guthmiller
- Melvin Guilliard vs. Richie Miller

Main card
- Ted Worthington vs. Chad Sutton
- Ryan Antle vs. Cliff Sanders
- Jared Pautsch vs. TBA

Props to adcombat.com

Fallout
06-09-2004, 02:31 PM
Strebendt is biting off more than he can chew IMO.

Bluecifer
06-09-2004, 03:00 PM
Sherk is a bad ass, I bet he could beat BJ. The guy has never been subbed and has a mauling GnP.

mmafanman
06-09-2004, 05:06 PM
Strebendt is a solid, young fighter. But Sherk is out of his league. He's too strong and skilled for him. Sherk by ground and pound decision.

realkaps
06-09-2004, 10:57 PM
Sherk will take this, Strebendt is making a mistake taking this on short notice.....

Fallout
06-10-2004, 12:54 PM
Sherk will take this, Strebendt is making a mistake taking this on short notice.....

I don't think its really a "mistake" because if he does win thats a HUGE win. I think Strebendts biggest fan right now is Josh Thomson. Imagine how good Thomson looks if Strebendt wins.

DOGGx0
06-10-2004, 02:32 PM
Gerald will win. It will be a tough fight. Gerald just recently beat Jean Silva and looked great doing it. I don't doubt him, however I don't doubt Sherk either. I'm actually kinda lookin forward to this.