View Full Version : Klitchko vs Williams Betting.

elveiel
11-14-2004, 05:32 PM
I have just been looking at the Klitchko vs Williams odds and Vitali is the big favourite!!

Williams was 9/2 at www.stanjames.com/betnav/sportview.asp?sID=224%2E2&Name=Boxing
That means if you bet £10 on him, you would get £55 pounds back if he wins.

I'm not sure who i think will win(i decide on the night if i'm unsure) but its good odds, i'm considering a bet.

DONT BLAME ME IF HE LOSES, I ONLY MENTION IT BECAUSE I THINK WILLIAMS HAS A BETTER CHANCE THAN THE ODDS SUGGEST!! :D

PBDS
11-14-2004, 08:50 PM
I have just been looking at the Klitchko vs Williams odds and Vitali is the big favourite!!

Williams was 9/2 at www.stanjames.com/betnav/sportview.asp?sID=224%2E2&Name=Boxing
That means if you bet £10 on him, you would get £55 pounds back if he wins.

I'm not sure who i think will win(i decide on the night if i'm unsure) but its good odds, i'm considering a bet.

DONT BLAME ME IF HE LOSES, I ONLY MENTION IT BECAUSE I THINK WILLIAMS HAS A BETTER CHANCE THAN THE ODDS SUGGEST!! :D

...I think those odds are a little light. I would expect it to be like 6 or 7/1. Williams is getting alot of mileage out of an injured and shot Tyson.

Neuraxis
11-14-2004, 09:42 PM
...I think those odds are a little light. I would expect it to be like 6 or 7/1. Williams is getting alot of mileage out of an injured and shot Tyson.

I agree Williams = trash. He's the worst opponent Vitali has faced in over 3 years.

RussianArm
11-15-2004, 06:55 PM
I think this will be a good fight, Williams is a really big guy and got a brawl style that could really frustrate Vitali early if he is nto careful.

tony
11-18-2004, 09:08 AM
I'd say it'll be closer than people think. I'm not a Williams fan but i think he could pose Vitali some problems. And Vitali got just as much milage out of the Lewis fight as Danny did with the Tyson bout.

xoalvinox
11-25-2004, 11:35 PM
William's confidence level will be at an all time high. Hope this fight is competitive but I'll take V-Klit by TKO6

blackbelt2003
11-26-2004, 09:24 AM
Williams might be worth a few bob.

The shots that took Tyson out would have put ANY heavyweight down.
Klit is undoubtedly a favourite, but a puncher like Danny always has a chance.

Black

xoalvinox
11-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Tyson is 5'9", Vitali is 6'6". How do you make that comparison?
It would be a whole lot more difficult for Williams to land that same punch on Klit than on Tyson.

leff
11-26-2004, 12:17 PM
Tyson is 5'9", Vitali is 6'6". How do you make that comparison?
It would be a whole lot more difficult for Williams to land that same punch on Klit than on Tyson.

Well actually Tyson is 5.10 and Vitali is 6.8 but i get the point.

xoalvinox
11-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Well actually Tyson is 5.10 and Vitali is 6.8 but i get the point.

Thanks for the clarification.

AJ53
11-26-2004, 12:56 PM
is it not easier to land a punch on the chin of a taller opponent rather than punching downwards on a shorter fighter?
i won good money on danny's win over tyson and i'am putting half the winnings back on danny to beat v klit.
win or lose(i think he'll win)danny will do britain proud so vitali better come ready for a fight coz if not he's gonna get ktfo.

blackbelt2003
11-26-2004, 02:40 PM
I didn't mean the EXACT SAME PUNCHES.

I'm just saying that if Danny gets his shots off like he has done on occasion (blasting out Kali Meehan and the 4th round versus Bob thingy from Australia), he has as much chance as anyone to upset Klitschko.

Vit's got a good chin, but he's not invincible. If Sanders can hurt him, I reckon Danny could floor him.

Black

marrow
12-10-2004, 02:39 PM
I think Williams could well win it too. I remember when I saw the fight against Tyson in the UK and the commentator was banging on about how he just hoped Williams didnít crumble and start bawling now that it was his big chance and all the rest of it. Then Williams walked into the ring and the commentator says ďyou wonít believe this but Danny Williams just winked at me.Ē Then - and I know it wasnít vintage Tyson by any means but for a while Tyson looked pretty good in there and there were a few moments - although fleeting - that I thought my god could this be it could this be the beginning of a comeback. He was going in nice and low savage and ferocious and then well thereís all the stuff about the knee but Williams had taken a lot of punishment and then landed - and I am not sure about this but I think it was something like 27 punches without any response from Tyson and then that was that. So for me I think with Williams itís all do with confidence he should still be riding high from Tyson and if he heís up for it I am hoping he can take him (Iím English).
Cheers,

barryboy
12-10-2004, 02:47 PM
Williams is 50/1 to win by k.o. in any round so that is great odds, i'll take 6 through 9 :cool:

n14061981
12-10-2004, 03:10 PM
williams will probably jump on vk causing him problems early.
Williams tko 2

DarthJul
12-13-2004, 06:46 PM
who won ? :-)