View Full Version : Describe your style...

Squabbles94806
04-16-2009, 12:56 PM
OROTHODX/HARD HITTER w/speed and a Jab/ chess-boxer w/a lil brawl/ semi-decent defense/Good Footwork and head-movement/good stam/Fighter

SpeedKillz
04-16-2009, 12:57 PM
Fast, good footwork, bob/weave/slip alot, draw them in to counter, boxing, brawling, speed fighter.

Depends on the fighter too, I like to mix it up.

Squabbles94806
04-16-2009, 12:59 PM
Fast, good footwork, bob/weave/slip alot, draw them in to counter, boxing, brawling, speed fighter.

Depends on the fighter too, I like to mix it up.

Of course, brains always before brawns.

P4PKING_2008 :)
04-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Slick quick counter-puncher. Like to plant my feet - defence like Andrade (olympic one) and use head movement to avoid punches.

dchampishere
04-16-2009, 01:45 PM
my style= very fast somewhat unorthodox power-boxer

Squabbles94806
04-16-2009, 02:14 PM
Ain't no chessboxers out there?

g0tcha
04-16-2009, 02:44 PM
i like to do it all. i can be very basic and work off the jab to make openings or go downstairs to setup the head shot. quick upper body movement slipping bobbing and leaning and dodging and coming back with a counter combo. if i need to ill work in the clich to work the quick compact hook and uppercut. i like to do it all pretty much which makes it fun.

Landon S
04-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Ain't no chessboxers out there?

Bahaha, sure, Im a bishop, Im always moving at angles...:P

I guess Im more of a boxer/pressure fighter, I box until I get on the inside and once Im there I try to stay there and keep them backing up and off balance. I use alot of angles and headmovement while Im pressuring them and throwing combos. If they get out I just box until another opportunity arises to get in...

Squabbles94806
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
Bahaha, sure, Im a bishop, Im always moving at angles...:P

I guess Im more of a boxer/pressure fighter, I box until I get on the inside and once Im there I try to stay there and keep them backing up and off balance. I use alot of angles and headmovement while Im pressuring them and throwing combos. If they get out I just box until another opportunity arises to get in...

Ha Ha...that's a good one.

portuge puncher
04-16-2009, 04:25 PM
brawler, sum defeance (i need to work on it) good speed, but always comeing forward

AztecWanker
04-16-2009, 04:56 PM
slick southpaw counter puncher. I somewhat resemble Lucien Bute, only diferrence is that I suck :crying:

dfwtx
04-16-2009, 08:25 PM
Rangey welterweight (6ft) with a good jab and defence but lacking in aggression (working on it).

LetsgetSAVAGE
04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
smooth, slick, light on my feet, boxer, fast hands and good defense, I like to use my head when I fight, stickin to the jab

robjr
04-16-2009, 09:15 PM
I fight very similar to cory spinks. Slick, fast good defensive counter puncher.. 6'1, 165 lbs

RightCross94
04-16-2009, 09:25 PM
depends on who im sparring/fighting

when i spar with a bigger, stronger fighter i use a lot of lateral movement and potshots, especially the lead right hand

but when i fight or spar someone near my weight i dont move laterally all that much, if they are shorter i stand back and throw lots of lead hand punches, looking to set up my right, if they are taller i come forward behind my tight winky style guard, parrying punches and looking to put them in the corner where i bang the body

but yeah it depends who im in there with, you cant fight the same with everyone

as for my attributes, from what ive been told and what i think i have a tight defence, decent hand speed, solid power, reasonably quick feet, a good chin, good skills and a pretty solid boxing brain

im not really exceptional at one thing, just solid/good at a lot of things

Equilibrium
04-16-2009, 09:28 PM
I'd say an heavyweight version of Chad Dawson is what would describe me best. Not as good of course.

bbos
04-16-2009, 11:33 PM
I mimic mike Tyson and Miguel Cotto, but even quicker and lighter on my feet.

Richie-G
04-18-2009, 04:57 AM
a boxer who likes to come forward using head movement, good jab and high aggression. i can box on the backfoot and dance but i prefer to get stuck in a bit. :boxing:

Danny_123
04-18-2009, 03:21 PM
I'm getting good at Tysons style i think, lots of head movement on the way in, then bang and get out again.
I love to bang to the body though.

As for attributes...
OK/Good footwork (getting better)
Tight defense - most of the time.
Good power.
Better speed.
Good head movement (getting better again)
Quite aggressive fighter (tryin to make myself more aggressive aswell)

supRa
04-18-2009, 03:47 PM
u seen me

:ninja:

prmarcos1
04-18-2009, 03:58 PM
slow starter, i like to use my jab to measure the distance then i hit with my straights, start throwing big blows and use a bit of foot work to confuse my opponet by switching stances when needed, i also do the whole blocking thing with my gloves like Cotto

Mayorga-Rules
04-18-2009, 04:44 PM
When i sparr with bigger guys i use a lot of bob and weaving, slipping, counters, head and body movements. I fight with James Toney, Frazier and Joe Louis as examples.

When i fight smaller guys, i fight like Klitschko, seat on my back foot and i jab A LOT.

Of course when i say those names, i don't compare myself to them, but they are good examples.

My strenghts are that i have a good technique, i move well and my defense is good.
My weaknesses are that i don't hit very hard and i over or underestimate some dudes( that has an influence on how i sparr with them).
So, I have a lot of improvement to do.

We want Floyd
04-18-2009, 06:06 PM
slick southpaw counter puncher. I somewhat resemble Lucien Bute, only diferrence is that I suck :crying: southpaw banger. I somewhat resemble Manny Pacquiao, only diferrence is that I suck :crying:

tomhead69
04-18-2009, 06:25 PM
i like to wait till i see abit of shoulder movement while there in range then snap out the jab and move works quite well but then they just come chargin in throwin punches then i just start throwing straights duno what style this is maybe a counter puncher