View Full Version : Cabbage's Case Turned Over To Attorney General

Curly Howard
05-15-2004, 06:51 PM
From MMAWeekly.com

MMAWeekly has followed up regarding the future of Cabbage, in not only the UFC, but his future in MMA due to a medical suspension.

When asked about Wes "Cabbage" Correira and his standing with the Nevada State Athletic Commission, a spokersperson for the NSAC told MMAWeekly, "The matter has been turned over to the Attorney General's office."

As first reported by MMAWeekly's Ivan Trembow in his article "Life of a Fighter - Medicals" right after UFC 47, the NSAC put Cabbage on medical suspension for six weeks after his TKO loss to Andrei Arlovski on April 2.

Cabbage's medical suspension was set to expire on May 18. However, Cabbage became in hot water with NSAC after failing to adhere to the terms of the suspension.

Cabbage violated the medical suspension by fighting on the May 7th "Rumble on the Rock" show, where he lost a unanimous decision to John Marsh.

Now it appears Cabbage could be suspended even longer as the case has now been turned over to the Attorney's Office.

DOGGx0
05-17-2004, 03:07 PM
Thats ****ing weak. I mean I can understand it, but thats kinda weak. Cabbage on medical suspension coz he got TKO'd? Cabbage? Like he was so badly hurt afterwards? Cmon now... the guy practically takes baseball bat slugs to the head on a normal when he fights. Besides, it was only a week before the suspension was scheduled to be over. If they were going to prolong it, I would say 1 month at max. Cabbage does'nt need to be medically suspended.