Fallout
05-09-2004, 02:34 AM
WOW

Fight of the year. World War 3. Gatti Ward 1 at Featherweight

Fallout
05-09-2004, 02:41 AM
BTW

It was a draw

115-110 110-115 113-113. However, the judge that scored it a tie made a major error in his score cards, not giving Manny a point of one of his three knockdowns in round one. He scored it 10-7 when it should of been 10-6, not by a matter of opinon, but by the rules

lightweight
05-09-2004, 12:42 PM
That pissed me off that the judge did the 10-7. I hate draws, but that fight was sooo close. Depending on how you score rounds that fight could go either way(like it did).

VulgarTheClown
05-09-2004, 01:13 PM
manny won the fight.

he won more rounds & had the 3 knockdowns in rd 1

the draw was ****.

THO that was one hell of a come back!

I ws really impressed. I never really liked boxing but those were the kinds fights that create fans.

too bad fights like that don't happn more often.

mmafanman
05-10-2004, 01:42 PM
Yeah, that draw was bull****. That ref should be reprimanded for giving Pacquiao a 10-7 round. Even he admitted that he ****ed up on the scoring. You would think that for a major HBO title fight, they'd hire competent judges. I guess not.
At any rate, I thought that even with a 10-7 round, Pacquiao should've won by a close margin. The judge that scored the fight 115-110 for Marquez must've been really on ****ing crack. He scored the first round 10-6 correctly, but then proceeded to give Marquez 11 of the last 12 rounds. What absolute bull****.

DOGGx0
05-10-2004, 03:00 PM
That ****ing ****** ass judge. Bull****. Someone gets knocked down 3 times in the same round... you mark that **** down 6-10. ****ing bull****. whats this 7-10 ****?! That mother****er needs to be shot in the head. How the **** can 1 judge point the fight at 15-10 then (which is almost the same as everyone else's point system watching) and the other dip**** scoring 10-15 against Manny's favor. Manny fought his heart out for a bull**** call. His punches were more accurate, more powerful and he had more energy in pushing the fight.

What was the name of that ****** homo judge again? I need to know so I don't disappoint myself by watching another fight he judges. ****ing rediculous. I hope he drowns in a pool of his own blood. ****in *****.

mmafanman
05-11-2004, 01:35 PM
How do you really feel about him, Dogg?
By the way, this dumb**** ****sucker's name is Burt Clements. Here's a story I pulled from *********.com

"Judge Burt Clements, who controversially scored Manny Pacquiao's three knockdown round 10-7 instead of 10-6, told the Las Vegas Review Journal after the fight that his scoring of the round was an error. "Clearly, it wasn't non-awareness that there were three knockdowns," said Clements. "I just screwed up. I feel badly because I dropped the ball, plainly and simply. You can make a lot of arguments that it was a very close fight, but that's immaterial. The fact is, I dropped the ball." Clements stated he was under the impression the Nevada Commission did not like 10-6 rounds. Had he scored the round 10-6, Manny Pacquiao would today be the WBA/IBF featherweight champion."

What a ****ing pole smoker.

Nuno
05-11-2004, 11:44 PM
I watched the whole fight, Manny what that **** clearly. Props to Marquez for an awesome comeback, but it wasn't enough imo. ****inn dumbass judge ****ed it up. I don't understand why they don't reverse the decision.

Mr. Beelzebub
05-12-2004, 02:05 PM
I was scoring the fight with my cousin and my final score was 113-112 for Manny Pacquiao. It was a very close fight; a rematch will clear everything up.

DOGGx0
05-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by mmafanman
How do you really feel about him, Dogg?

hahaha. I get a little carried away sometimes...

Originally posted by mmafanman
By the way, this dumb**** ****sucker's name is Burt Clements. Here's a story I pulled from *********.com

"Judge Burt Clements, who controversially scored Manny Pacquiao's three knockdown round 10-7 instead of 10-6, told the Las Vegas Review Journal after the fight that his scoring of the round was an error. "Clearly, it wasn't non-awareness that there were three knockdowns," said Clements. "I just screwed up. I feel badly because I dropped the ball, plainly and simply. You can make a lot of arguments that it was a very close fight, but that's immaterial. The fact is, I dropped the ball." Clements stated he was under the impression the Nevada Commission did not like 10-6 rounds. Had he scored the round 10-6, Manny Pacquiao would today be the WBA/IBF featherweight champion."

What a ****ing pole smoker.

Holly ****!!!! Wtf?! They should reverse that call then and give him that belt! Thats absolute bull****. He just burned his career as a judge. You don't make "mistakes" as a judge... especially when its a title fight. I hope that piece of **** gets repremanded and fined for ****in with Manny's career. Nobody is at loss here except for Manny. Thats so ****ed up. I'm gonna agree with your statement, mmafanman.... "what a ****ing pole smoker".

mmafanman
05-12-2004, 02:51 PM
Basically, because this ass munch ****ed up, Manny's MILLION-plus dollars fight with Morales is seriously jeopardized. It might end up that Manny will lose out on that big cash, something's he's worked seriously hard for, because some monkey spunk, rat**** "dropped the ball."

DOGGx0
05-12-2004, 03:16 PM
Exactly. I could only imagine how frustrated Manny is right now. That is just so ****ed up.