View Full Version : Frank Shamrock vs. Cesar Gracie

Curly Howard
05-07-2004, 11:26 PM
MMAWeekly's Greg Honda, reporting from Hawaii, just called in with some breaking news. It seems that he spotted both Frank Shamrock and Cesar Gracie milling around Honolulu. After a little digging, Honda found out that both Frank and Cesar have come to an agreement with Rumble on the Rock promoters and have signed on the dotted line to fight at Rumble on the Rock 6 in August of this year.

There is some tension that has been brewing between the two for almost a year now. Frank and Cesar were set to meet in the ring many months ago at Frank's Shootbox promotion. For one reason or another, the show fell apart and the two have never met. Words were spoken by both men, each condemning the other, thus leading to the friction between the two now.

It seems that the score may finally be settled in August. It is expected that the bout will officially be announced during tonight's Rumble on the Rock 5 show in Honolulu.

Stay tuned to the SoundOff Forum for full LIVE event coverage tonight and possible further breaking news later in the day

Kempo Chris
05-08-2004, 12:07 AM
about time - thier whole lil grudge was ghey

Frank Sham is not human - He will beat Cesar

Fallout
05-08-2004, 12:12 AM
Wow, Frank is actually gonna fight......hold on a second.........

........ok, I just go off the phone with the church, and hell as apparently frozen over after all

handjobs4dollars
05-10-2004, 12:41 PM
Yeah but cesar is so old and out of the game.

Bluecifer
05-11-2004, 06:57 PM
I'll believe it when I see it....and then I won't be excited about it anyway. I'd like to see Shamrock against some top 185lbers. Lindland, Bustamante(I know he's at 205, but he can make the weight), Sakuraba, Hendo, hell even Steroni should be entertaining.

mmafanman
05-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Anything that has been coming out of Frankie's mouth has been pretty much full of **** lately. I won't believe this match until I see it.
Regardless, I think Cesar would be spanked pretty bad.

Ehrpees
05-12-2004, 01:08 AM
hopefully this match happens. for some odd reason, i kinda want to see cesar kick his ass.

kcfman
05-12-2004, 02:18 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Wow, Frank is actually gonna fight......hold on a second.........

........ok, I just go off the phone with the church, and hell as apparently frozen over after all

That was not called for Creed! What is up with that?

Fallout
05-12-2004, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by kcfman
That was not called for Creed! What is up with that?

How many times have we heard that Frank was going to fight only to have it fall apart? I am sure my feeligns are echoed by the majority of people on this board. I'll belive Frank is fighting when I see him in the ring and the ref tells him to fight