View Full Version : Interesting news from DSE...

Nuno
05-05-2004, 12:27 PM
From PrideFC.com

"DSE also discussed the matchups for the second round. “We're going to mix the results from the surveys yesterday, the surveys from the home page and our feelings as the promoter to decide by May 10 th . Ogawa should be at this top technical and physical level by August. We want the best 4 remaining in August so there probably won't be a Nogueira/Fedor match. It will be a tough match no matter who their opponents are. Regarding Sakuraba's match, he's set himself out to get revenge during the remainder of his career. We hope to put together a card with a similar them that will have people looking forward to next year's Middleweight Grand Prix.”

Looks like we have another Grand Prix to look forward to next year. YAY!!!

Mr. Beelzebub
05-05-2004, 01:11 PM
It looks like they want Saku to get decapitated by Silva. ****ing morons.

badguy
05-05-2004, 01:22 PM
is ogawa injured or something?

DOGGx0
05-05-2004, 03:05 PM
Man, horrible wording by the Japanese.

"We want the best 4 remaining in August so there probably won't be a Nogueira/Fedor match."

Obviously its either Nog or Fedor that they don't think will make it to the finals. I wonder which one....

"Regarding Sakuraba's match, he's set himself out to get revenge during the remainder of his career."

With what? Against who? Bold statement, no follow up.... *******S! I'm guessing Sak is gonna be in next year's Middleweight GP?

Its cool that they are already planning for another GP, but really, between their last one and this one, they'll have more GP shows than regular shows. Kinda weird, esspecially when they have 8 & 16 man tourneys... next thing you know its like the UFC's light heavy weight class where we see the same guys fighting eachother over and over again.

Fallout
05-05-2004, 03:59 PM
Adam, I think they meant we want the best 4 remaining so there probably won't be a Nogueira Fedor match as in they won't fight in the second round and they except both of them to make it thru to the final 4.

As for everything else, I agree 100%

Nuno
05-05-2004, 05:17 PM
There's a bunch of other middleweights that weren't in the last one. How bout Hendo or Arona in it, possibly Alex Steibling if he gets back on track. There are alot of LHW out there. I wouldn't be suprised if they did a 16 man tourny.

Bluecifer
05-05-2004, 05:50 PM
Stiebling sucks, but I would like to see Arona and Hendo in there! That would OWN!!! Maybe we'll get to see a hendo busta rematch.

Nuno
05-05-2004, 06:20 PM
Imagine if the UFC sent over Tito for this event, or even Randy. That would be awesome.

Vitor is also a strong possiblity.

Fallout
05-05-2004, 07:22 PM
Having two 16 man events back to back is not a good idea. 16 man events take at least 3 seperate dates to pull off. A GP just takes up too much time to have them back to back.

Kempo Chris
05-05-2004, 07:44 PM
If sak fights silva again - sak will win

kcfman
05-06-2004, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by Kempo Chris
If sak fights silva again - sak will win

Now that made me laugh!!!!!!:lol2: :lol3:

Nuno
05-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Having two 16 man events back to back is not a good idea. 16 man events take at least 3 seperate dates to pull off. A GP just takes up too much time to have them back to back.

I don't care, man. If they can keep up this quality of matches, I'm all for it.

DOGGx0
05-06-2004, 12:51 PM
Nah, weird to say but I kinda agree with Creed here. Thats mad ****in stupid to have tourneys back to back UNLESS they have a pool of new fighters comming in, then they can get away with having GPs coz they'll have to constantly change the fighters. Thats a problem having GPs back to back and seeing the same ****in guys in there. Another thing that will take us away from is single fights. Single fights are awesome to build up too, and leave room for champions of that specific weight class. Until then we have all these GPs and only GP champions, not champions of a specific weight classes and although we do have current champions(ie. Silva, Fedor) and lets just say one of these guys losses the GP, sure he fought the best in his weight class..... but the guy will still be holding a ****ing belt.... it does'nt make sense coz they'll always put the champion in the GP and he'll still be the champion.... win or lose in the GP.

The GPs could make up for it if they would show some single fights, keep a 8 man GP, not no ****ing 16 (but maybe every once in a while) and show Pride Bushido on cable. Then it would make sense....

Otherwise, its a stupid idea imo.