View Full Version : Possible Pride GP Match-Ups

Bluecifer
04-29-2004, 03:01 PM
From MMA WEEKLY

Zac Arnold from puresopower website is reporting that the following matchups are being rumored to happen at the next Pride.

Naoya Ogawa told the Japanese media that he would love to fight either Noguiera or Randleman in the next round. Here are some of the rumors for the next Grand Prix.

Fedor Emelianenko vs. Kevin Randleman
Rodrigo 'Minotauro' Nogueira vs. Naoya Ogawa
Heath Herring vs. Sergei Karitonov
Semmy Schilt vs. 'Giant' Silva

Bluecifer
04-29-2004, 03:05 PM
I guess Pride must have read my post....

http://www.globalmma.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19219

Tha Playa
04-29-2004, 03:32 PM
I like those matchups much better.

GeNeRaL
04-29-2004, 04:08 PM
agreed.

Nuno
04-29-2004, 04:18 PM
Those matchups are ****ing beautiful. I wonder if Randleman can upset another of the big three....if those matchups happen that is.

S.Stewart
04-29-2004, 04:44 PM
I remember Randleman's debut UFC. Scary lookin' man. Then he seemed to drop off the radar with my cash flow so I was wondering what he was up to.

Bluecifer
04-29-2004, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
Those matchups are ****ing beautiful. I wonder if Randleman can upset another of the big three....if those matchups happen that is.

I think that if Randlemans game is on he has a good chance against Fedor. For the first 3 minutes Coleman showed that Fedor is vulnerable to being taken down and put on his back by a good wrestler. Kevin has great takedowns, is faster, has better hands and has better cardio then Coleman. If he can avoid the submission he has a shot at another HUGE upset. Will I put $ on Randleman? No. Will I be surprised if he shocks the world again? No.

Nuno
04-29-2004, 04:56 PM
Originally posted by Blue
I think that if Randlemans game is on he has a good chance against Fedor. For the first 3 minutes Coleman showed that Fedor is vulnerable to being taken down and put on his back by a good wrestler. Kevin has great takedowns, is faster, has better hands and has better cardio then Coleman. If he can avoid the submission he has a shot at another HUGE upset. Will I put $ on Randleman? No. Will I be surprised if he shocks the world again? No.

That's exactly how I feel.

DOGGx0
04-29-2004, 05:53 PM
Originally posted by Blue
I guess Pride must have read my post....

http://www.globalmma.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=19219

I was thinking the same exact thing.

strato
04-30-2004, 04:36 PM
Great match ups!

GNP
04-30-2004, 06:49 PM
Im changing my pick for the final outcome, Randelman looks Hungry. Go Big Kev