View Full Version : I realize I have been doing something lately, and its gonna get me a lot of **** but


Fallout
04-26-2004, 01:02 AM
I realize now I have been think of MMA like boxing. Meaning there is a big difference between top level guys and mid level guys. Well, I keep forgetting something I tell non MMA fans all the time.

There are so many more ways to lose in MMA, upsets happen more offen. Well, I will admit defeat. I should of given Randleman more of a chance, seen as I knew Cro Cop has a weak chin and that Kevin was a top level wrestler. Hell, espically because Kevin had fought at HW before and done fairly well, beating Pedro Rizzo.

Well, I have learned my lesson. Never again will I dismiss any legit fighter out of hand just because he is a huge underdog. Yeah, I was right about Ninja, but I was wrong about Randleman and thats enough to make me admit I was wrong.

So, unless its a pro wrestler getting in there to fight, I won't write anyone off again. I admit my mistake

Squezze
04-26-2004, 01:03 AM
**** you, you bloated sack of donkey ****.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 01:04 AM
I love you too

lightweight
04-26-2004, 02:16 AM
For the most part I'm not one to talk bad of people but... for the last month you've been such an annoying c*nt.

You bash the Pride GP for it's format when Pride decides to bring back the hw tournament. Complain about the fighters in it, get the final four after crying for good fighters then go on a tyraid when Randleman is announced, god forbid matched against cro-cop who he has no chance against. You bash Ninja being in it(he lost, so what, go pat yourself on the back on the great job, ass).

Then when it's over you you flip a 180, and it was great, and that was great, and this was great, and the UFC wins(?),and I'm sorry and yay Pride blah blah blah.

It's late and I'm not sure what my point is....but hopefully I can come to respect your opinion on MMA someday.

Curly Howard
04-26-2004, 09:59 AM
Here we go with teh "Cro Cop was over rated" crap.
He got nailed with a great left. (even if Randleman can't tell his left from right) He bought the fake take down and got caught with a punch that would have KOed a mule. How does that translate to having a "weak chin"?

Mr. Beelzebub
04-26-2004, 10:38 AM
Creed is still an ass, and I hope he stays in Off Topic where he doesn't suck as much.

Nuno
04-26-2004, 11:26 AM
UFC wins??? Could you please explain Creed....

Fallout
04-26-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by lightweight
For the most part I'm not one to talk bad of people but... for the last month you've been such an annoying c*nt.

You bash the Pride GP for it's format when Pride decides to bring back the hw tournament. Complain about the fighters in it, get the final four after crying for good fighters then go on a tyraid when Randleman is announced, god forbid matched against cro-cop who he has no chance against. You bash Ninja being in it(he lost, so what, go pat yourself on the back on the great job, ass).

Then when it's over you you flip a 180, and it was great, and that was great, and this was great, and the UFC wins(?),and I'm sorry and yay Pride blah blah blah.

It's late and I'm not sure what my point is....but hopefully I can come to respect your opinion on MMA someday.


I still don't like the 16 man format, I still don't like the fact people like Giant Silva are involved. I never said I was sorry for saying anything else other than yeah maybe I should of given Randleman more of a chance. You don't like my opinion on MMA? Fine. Most people don't. Just don't blindly swing from PRIDE nuts. They have made a lot of mistake and insulted North American fans more than once.


And for the record Cro Cop is not over rated

Nuno
04-26-2004, 11:48 AM
I love Pride cause they deliver the best MMA shows in the world.

handjobs4dollars
04-26-2004, 11:59 AM
Nobody has weak chin. Anybody can get knocked out(ecept cabbage) just depends on how they get hit.

Nuno
04-26-2004, 12:01 PM
Nog has a damn strong chin too...

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:05 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
I love Pride cause they deliver the best MMA shows in the world.

Last night was special. It had nothing to do with PRIDE of the UFC or anything. The fighters came thru for us. The orgs just book the fights and hope for the best. Its fighters that make great events. Last night, I thought the match ups wouldn't come thru. Imagine my surprise when the worst fight on the card was still pretty entertaining.

On the other hand, I probably judge PRIDE too harshly. I had a big problem when they made match-ups like Sapp vs Tamura, and I guess I have started to see every underdog in that light. I need to cut them some slack, but I am not backing off on my opinion that they seem to care more about given people in japan a bloodbath than north american and european fans a great show. Thankfuly the fighters stepped up and the event was great.




And hopefuly PRIDE changes my mind. With thier money and resources, they could book some great matches that would really excite me

The Ensanity
04-26-2004, 12:17 PM
It wasnt a weak chin...THAT WAS THE FASTEST HARDEST LEFT I SEEN IN A LOOOONG TIME

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:20 PM
Originally posted by The Ensanity
It wasnt a weak chin...THAT WAS THE FASTEST HARDEST LEFT I SEEN IN A LOOOONG TIME

Yes, yes it was. Someone like Fujita might of been able to take it.....but your right. That was one sweet left.

However, the hammer fists on the ground were more impressive. They left Cro Cop OUT

Nuno
04-26-2004, 12:25 PM
The matches booked for the opening round really enticed me. Except the sumo vs Silva match, which was still entertaining.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
The matches booked for the opening round really enticed me. Except the sumo vs Silva match, which was still entertaining.

Opinions differ from person to person though. I still think the event would have been much better as an 8 man event, like the MW GP. Being spread out over 3 events....I don't like that. More chances for people to get injuried. However, I can't argue that last nights event is going to go down as one of the most exciting events ever. Not a single bad match, and several great ones

Nuno
04-26-2004, 12:39 PM
I was sweating by the end of the event from the nerve wreaking entertainment.

All I can ask of you Creed is to not completely write anyone or any event off before it happens. Like I repeated to you many times. There is always a chance. This event, however, was gonna be great before it even started. The match making was awesome. Schilt vs McGee was awesone. Fedor vs Coleman. Man, all the fights were amazing.

DOGGx0
04-26-2004, 12:43 PM
Originally posted by Creed
There are so many ways to lose in MMA

if you would stuck by this in the begining, you would'nt be lookin like such an idiot right now. anyone on any given day can win.... i dont give a **** who you are. i would suggest, everyday reminding yourself that this is not boxing and isnt so one dimensional......... and this forum will be a better place.

Your humblness right now means ****. You complained about too much **** over this event to turn back and say "I can't argue that last night's event is going to go down as one of the most exciting events ever. Not a single bad match, and several great ones", without catching **** and eating your words repeatedly. kinda like how there was no way in hell bj penn would score a win or even come close against matt hughes. you rule **** out waaaaay too quick, people tell you over and over again that you should'nt... its results in you looking like a complete idiot that does'nt know what he is talking about, and thats why everyone thinks everything you type now is bull****, stupid, and unworthy. you act like you know it all, you don't budge on the fact that you could be wrong in your beliefs, and here you are... lookin like a complete dumb****.

stop being a ****ball.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by Nuno
I was sweating by the end of the event from the nerve wreaking entertainment.

All I can ask of you Creed is to not completely write anyone or any event off before it happens. Like I repeated to you many times. There is always a chance. This event, however, was gonna be great before it even started. The match making was awesome. Schilt vs McGee was awesone. Fedor vs Coleman. Man, all the fights were amazing.

I got so mad at McGee. You never mount Semmy Schilt unless your going for submissions (like Barnett was). GnP doesn't work against him because of his long arms. Its like a second guard. Even with the fact McGees arms are just as long it gives Semmy all that extra room to see the punches coming and defend them. Fight him from side control, that makes his arms a lot less effective and your GnP will work

handjobs4dollars
04-26-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by Creed
I got so mad at McGee. You never mount Semmy Schilt unless your going for submissions (like Barnett was). GnP doesn't work against him because of his long arms. Its like a second guard. Even with the fact McGees arms are just as long it gives Semmy all that extra room to see the punches coming and defend them. Fight him from side control, that makes his arms a lot less effective and your GnP will work

No you can mount semmy it's just nobody wants to put their hooks in. They all want to land these big bombs and don't use a proper mount. If you don't think those little pepper shots don't hurt you have never been hit with them. A well place close shot is better then a big far out one that is being blocked.

Nuno
04-26-2004, 02:48 PM
Mount can work if used properly. It justs requires a little more patience than McGee showed. Plus Schilt has the grip from hell.

Bluecifer
04-26-2004, 03:33 PM
I'm glad that you have realized that EVERY time you say a fighter has absolutely zero chance like you did against Randleman you realize what an ass you're being. I'm looking forward to you knocking that **** off.

Mr. Beelzebub
04-26-2004, 03:37 PM
SEMMY BY ARMBAR!!!!!!!!!!

Nuno
04-26-2004, 03:47 PM
Sergei's bodyshot were nice. This man is for real. I can't wait to see who he fights next.

Squezze
04-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Creed
Being spread out over 3 events....I don't like that. More chances for people to get injuried.


You ****ing retard. The reason why it's spread out over three events is to reduce the chance of injury. I would think that having
three or four fights in ONE ****ING NIGHT would raise the chances of injury, as compared to having three or four over like six months. You're retarded.

DOGGx0
04-26-2004, 05:00 PM
Originally posted by Squezze
You ****ing retard. The reason why it's spread out over three events is to reduce the chance of injury. I would think that having
three or four fights in ONE ****ING NIGHT would raise the chances of injury, as compared to having three or four over like six months. You're retarded.

b00m?

Fallout
04-26-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Squezze
You ****ing retard. The reason why it's spread out over three events is to reduce the chance of injury. I would think that having
three or four fights in ONE ****ING NIGHT would raise the chances of injury, as compared to having three or four over like six months. You're retarded.


Uhhhhhh, are you retarded? How does taking one fight out increase the chance of injury? It goes 1-1-2 right now. How would making it 1-2 INCREASE the chance of injury?

Squezze
04-27-2004, 02:35 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Uhhhhhh, are you retarded? How does taking one fight out increase the chance of injury? It goes 1-1-2 right now. How would making it 1-2 INCREASE the chance of injury?


Your arguement is that having a 16 man tournament over three events, increases injury, correct? If so then 1-2 dosen't equal a 16 man tourney. It'd have to be 2-2 to do it. Or you're arguement is that it should be an 8 man tournament? Hell, I'd like a 32 man tournament. The larger the better.