View Full Version : Why I am hoping Gan McGee wins the GP


Fallout
04-24-2004, 02:08 PM
Ok, I know its NOT going to happen, but if it does then we know for sure who the best HW in the world is. If anyone else wins the GP, it can still be argued. If Gan wins however, then we know its Tim Syliva. I'd like to see that happen. Anyway, enough day dreaming, Fedor wins the GP if he beats Coleman. Nogueira wins if he doesn't.

Zen
04-24-2004, 11:28 PM
Wrong.

Fallout
04-24-2004, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by Creed
Ok, I know its NOT going to happen,

Originally posted by Zen
Wrong.

So, you think he is going to win?

handjobs4dollars
04-25-2004, 12:07 AM
God dammit and creed has called my post stupid in the past.

Fallout
04-25-2004, 01:05 AM
Originally posted by handjobs4dollars
God dammit and creed has called my post stupid in the past.

How is it stupid? Did anyone actually read it?

HockeyFighter
04-25-2004, 01:16 AM
Sylvia sucks

Fallout
04-25-2004, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by HockeyFighter
Sylvia sucks

Die

Zen
04-25-2004, 03:11 AM
You're wrong on 2 counts.
#1- If Gan win's it does not prove that Sylvia is the #1 HW in the world. A+B does not = C I thought you had some knowledge of the sport before that statement, I'd like to retract that thought.
#2- Nog or Fedor will not win the GP. Not when a man named Sentoryu stands in their way.

Mr. Beelzebub
04-25-2004, 11:31 PM
What a ****ing nuthugging ass. Die and stop making stupid ass threads.

Fallout
04-25-2004, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Beelzebub
What a ****ing nuthugging ass. Die and stop making stupid ass threads.

Say what you will, but I think we are getting closer and closer to knowing who is the number one HW in the world. It looks like its going to be Fedor and Syliva. Nogueira hasn't been the same since he lost to Fedor. If they fight again, I am pretty the fight will look the same. However, if tonights fights have taught me something, its that I can't treat MMA like boxing. Upsets happen a lot more here, and I tend to forget that

realkaps
04-25-2004, 11:56 PM
Gan McGee blows, I'm quitting on the picking of fights.......

Squezze
04-26-2004, 12:00 AM
I do believe that Creed has no ****ing idea what he's talking about. How has Nogueira not been the same since he lost to Fedor? He tapped out CroCop, a man thought nearly unbeatable by I'd say 3/4 of the MMA community.

I like Tim Sylvia as much as the next guy, but beating Gan McGee and Ricco Rodriguez does not make a #1 or #2 heavyweight fighter in my opinion.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:11 AM
Originally posted by Squezze
I do believe that Creed has no ****ing idea what he's talking about. How has Nogueira not been the same since he lost to Fedor? He tapped out CroCop, a man thought nearly unbeatable by I'd say 3/4 of the MMA community.

I like Tim Sylvia as much as the next guy, but beating Gan McGee and Ricco Rodriguez does not make a #1 or #2 heavyweight fighter in my opinion.

He was done against Cro Cop. The bell saved him. But even the fact it took him that long to win.....Nogueira used to be unstoppable. Even though he has won his fights since Fedor....he look human now. Not the unstoppable machine he was. I don't know if its just we know he can be beaten now. Probably

Squezze
04-26-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Creed
He was done against Cro Cop. The bell saved him. But even the fact it took him that long to win.....Nogueira used to be unstoppable. Even though he has won his fights since Fedor....he look human now. Not the unstoppable machine he was. I don't know if its just we know he can be beaten now. Probably


To say he was done against CroCop, or the bell saved him is foolish. Do you not know how much punishment that man can take? Did you not see Bob Sapp drop him on his head? Did you not see him last THREE rounds against Fedor, taking some of the most brutal shots, quite possibly, of all time?

The only fight, IMO, that Nog looked the least bit rusty was the Rodriguez fight, but that's it. To say that Nogueira was saved by the bell is just an assumption. The end result is what counts. It doesn't go down in the books as "Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira vs Mirko CroCop, Nogueria saved by the bell at the end of the 1st" , it goes down as, "Nogueira defeated CroCop by submission".

Nobody is an unstoppable machine, homeslice.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:21 AM
Yeah, but he looked like he was until he lost to Fedor. He just doesn't seem as fast , or as slick. But it doesn't matter, no matter what I say I'll get shouted down. Even if I have a point

Squezze
04-26-2004, 12:23 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Yeah, but he looked like he was until he lost to Fedor. He just doesn't seem as fast , or as slick. But it doesn't matter, no matter what I say I'll get shouted down. Even if I have a point


Your point is moot. Dan Henderson made Nog look "human". Bob Sapp made Nog look "human". He didn't walk through those guys. Both fights took place before the Fedor fight.

Facts my friend, facts.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:27 AM
Dude, if anything, Sapp made Nogueira look unstoppable. Sapp had like a 100 lbs on him and Nogueira submitted him!

He took a man the size of a SUV and made him say "No more". That was David and Goliath **** right there

Squezze
04-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Originally posted by Creed
Dude, if anything, Sapp made Nogueira look unstoppable. Sapp had like a 100 lbs on him and Nogueira submitted him!

He took a man the size of a SUV and made him say "No more". That was David and Goliath **** right there


He submitted him with an armbar. You can be 400 pounds or 40 pounds, everybody is the same size on their back.

The point is, or was, that Nogeira looked "human" on a number of occasions before he fought Fedor. If Nogueira was "unstoppable" as you say, then he would have destroyed Sapp in a minute, not 13.

Fallout
04-26-2004, 12:44 AM
Originally posted by Squezze
He submitted him with an armbar. You can be 400 pounds or 40 pounds, everybody is the same size on their back.

The point is, or was, that Nogeira looked "human" on a number of occasions before he fought Fedor. If Nogueira was "unstoppable" as you say, then he would have destroyed Sapp in a minute, not 13.


No, I am saying he as long normal against people that before he would of finished. It took him 20 mins and a very "close" decison against Ricco to win. He need 10 mins to final get a takedown against Cro Cop. He used to finish fighters like Ricco, and he would of gotten Cro Cop down without getting his face mangled before. Maybe I am imagining it, but he looked a lot better before Fedor than after it.

However, even though Fedor was having some trouble with Coleman (nothing serious, kind of like the trouble Hughes was having against Trigg) but then submitted Coleman from his back. That really impressed me. I really want to see Syliva vs Fedor

Squezze
04-26-2004, 02:27 AM
Originally posted by Creed
No, I am saying he as long normal against people that before he would of finished. It took him 20 mins and a very "close" decison against Ricco to win. He need 10 mins to final get a takedown against Cro Cop. He used to finish fighters like Ricco, and he would of gotten Cro Cop down without getting his face mangled before. Maybe I am imagining it, but he looked a lot better before Fedor than after it.

However, even though Fedor was having some trouble with Coleman (nothing serious, kind of like the trouble Hughes was having against Trigg) but then submitted Coleman from his back. That really impressed me. I really want to see Syliva vs Fedor


A. Ricco Rodriguez is a damn good fighter. I don't really get the whole "fighters like Ricco", when there's not really anybody else like him. No way would Nog, at any point in his career, walk through Ricco Rodriguez.

B. **** B.

I give up. You've got no clue what you're talking about.

DOGGx0
04-26-2004, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by Creed
He used to finish fighters like Ricco
I'm gonna agree with Squezze on this. Neither do I get the whole "fighters like Ricco", when there's not really anybody else like him. No way would Nog, at any point in his career, walk through Ricco Rodriguez. They battled eachother before at Abu Dahbi.... guess who won? Not Nog. Ricco.

dumbass.

FACTS can make someone look like a jackass, FACTS can change theories. You, my big buddy, know **** for FACTS.

mmafanman
04-26-2004, 12:27 PM
Why the **** are we talking about Gan McGee? The guy sucks bird ****. I can't stand watching him fight. After seeing him lay down like a ***** against Sylvia, then that three-round farce against Herring, I don't know how anyone could be a fan of this waste of spunk.
The only reason McGee got his shot in Pride is why Sentoryu, Giant Silva and LA Giant got in: they're talentless, gigantic oddities.

Nuno
04-26-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by mmafanman
Why the **** are we talking about Gan McGee? The guy sucks bird ****. I can't stand watching him fight. After seeing him lay down like a ***** against Sylvia, then that three-round farce against Herring, I don't know how anyone could be a fan of this waste of spunk.
The only reason McGee got his shot in Pride is why Sentoryu, Giant Silva and LA Giant got in: they're talentless, gigantic oddities.

I don't like him either, but he's not as awful as you describe him. He has his moments, but that's about it. His fight with Schilt was hella entertaining.

Bluecifer
04-26-2004, 06:54 PM
It's obvious to everyone but Creed, that Creed doesn't know what the **** he's talking about in regards to MMA. I don't even know why poeple still respond to his posts in MMA.