View Full Version : Your feeling on Joe Rogan?

Fallout
04-15-2004, 07:31 PM
I just realized Mr Rogan has been with us for 10 events now, and I wanted to get everyones opinion on him. Everyone remembers how bad he started off, playing favorites and getting very excited when his favorite fighters did well.

I think Joe has improved x100 fold during his stint in the UFC. No one can question the mans love of the sport and he is seems to be the fightfinder inside a human body. His professionalism has climbed steadly and he isn't the screaming nutcase he was at the start. He is really starting to add someone to the play by play and I really enjoy listening to his points and explainations of why fighters did what they did and how they can escape submissions, pass guard ect. ect.

Joe Rogan gets a thumbs up from me (and my buddy G-man)

http://home.cogeco.ca/~lnickerson3/grantthumb.jpg

The Ensanity
04-15-2004, 07:39 PM
HAHAHAHHAAHA

I had a BIG problem with him being bias, but has improved greatly on it...Perfect in the last UFC event

Curly Howard
04-15-2004, 08:33 PM
He's getting a lot better. He's not screaming as much and is learning more about the game. Like Ensanity said, he did a great job in the last UFC. I'm not a big fan of "Goldie" and I can't stand Buffer. God those 7 minute intros are ****ing brutal to sit through. I've had friends come over to watch for the first time and say "is that guy drunk"?

Bluecifer
04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
I like Joe Rogan, also I think he helped MMA by being a recognizable face associated with the UFC when it wasn't as well known. I also think he's a sincere fan.

Zen
04-15-2004, 08:41 PM
I don't mind Rogan or Goldie.

Can't stand Buffer. It wouldn't be so bad if I didn't have to see him before every ****ing fight. Save his ****ty intro's for the last fight. I wish I could make a living off of my brothers talent.

Kempo Chris
04-15-2004, 09:30 PM
He's an ass - But he's pretty good

waterbottle213
04-15-2004, 10:18 PM
i think rogans great. he knows exactly what the fighter is doing when they go for a sub. he does a great job by explaining what he should do from every position.

Fallout
04-16-2004, 12:05 AM
Yeah, Rogan would get excited because he was a huge fan of the sport. I mean, if Joe Rogan wasn't famous, he would of been posting at sherdog.

Mr Boogaloo
04-16-2004, 08:45 AM
Rogan still says bloodthirsty things that have no place in a mainstream sport.

I like him, like his enthusiasm... he just has to stop swearing every so often and saying things like 'Every time he throws punches he's trying to kill you!!!1'

Mr. Beelzebub
04-16-2004, 11:23 AM
Rogaine has gotten better. His has become a solid sommentator.

handjobs4dollars
04-16-2004, 02:27 PM
UFC should hire a hot chick and fire buffer. The pride english chick cracks me up becuase she is so in to it. She screaming on the top of her lungs and it's great. Buffer just thinks that if you voice gets higher as you go on, PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU. nO

Nuno
04-16-2004, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by handjobs4dollars
UFC should hire a hot chick and fire buffer. The pride english chick cracks me up becuase she is so in to it. She screaming on the top of her lungs and it's great. Buffer just thinks that if you voice gets higher as you go on, PEOPLE WILL LIKE YOU. nO

Buffer gets on my nerves the worst. He is the most horrible announcer I've ever heard. **** em.

VulgarTheClown
04-16-2004, 08:48 PM
I like Rogan.

wand who is Goldie?

Fallout
04-16-2004, 10:37 PM
Originally posted by VulgarTheClown
I like Rogan.

wand who is Goldie?

Mike Goldberg

GNP
04-17-2004, 11:33 AM
LOL joe ROGAIN
I agree we need a female like Pride has, it would make it a lil nicer to listen to. I think it be nice to have fighters do comantary, granted some will need speaking lessons. He He He

BTW The Ensanity I love your avatar

Prince
04-17-2004, 05:21 PM
Buffer has to go