View Full Version : What happen to TAKANORI GOMI?

katsidismichael
03-27-2009, 12:56 PM
bad training partners or he is done??

Two Clips
03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
I may be mistaken but I think Nick Diaz happened to him.

jakkups
03-27-2009, 01:27 PM
I may be mistaken but I think Nick Diaz happened to him.

And he was stoned outta his mind which pretty much says it all. He looked bad against Ludwig even though he won, looked sluggish against Golyaev and Kitaoka pretty much put the final nail in the coffin. I was never too impressed with him barring his 2005 run where he did fight some tough guys. Outside of that I always felt PRIDE gave him guys that were catered for his style (Grapplers with good/average abilities on the ground but cruddy standup and an awful takedowns) because he was one of their cash cows.

Reckoning
03-27-2009, 03:06 PM
I havent watched any of his recent fights, the last one i saw was the diaz fight but in pride i always hated him for beating all the chute boxe guys lol my fav fight is azeredo vs gomi and the drama that ensued after too.

Dice
03-27-2009, 06:17 PM
Gomi was the man, and Diaz wasnt high when he beat Gomi, weed just stays in your system long. Gomi is just shot, I really dont think he was motivated but he is one of the best lightweights to ever fight in MMA

Move BRICKS™
03-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Gomi didn't take fighting as seriously as he could have. An All-Time Great, but will more than likely never reach his full potential unless he drastically changes the way he's doing things, which is sad.

F l i c k e r
03-27-2009, 09:54 PM
Gomi was just out of it. He said it himself that during the tournament of Sengoku, it felt like it took forever and he eventually wasn't feeling it anymore. He was focusing more on building up the fighters of Rascal than paying attention to the tournament. He felt like it was his duty to build up the young guys and teach them mma.

Right now he is back in training. At least thats what he has said. He is training alot more with his wrestling and submission game. His stand up is incredible, he only loses by submissions and decisions.

Nick Diaz fight was because Gomi gassed. No excuses, Gomi is my hero. He just gassed against Diaz. The Golyaev fight was close one, Golyaev pulled out the decision solely because of that hook that floored Gomi for a second. The Kitaoka fight was because he left his leg open for submission when he countered the takedown. There was nothing he could do once Kitaoka, a jiujitsu-only guy, got a hold of his leg.

Gomi didn't take fighting as seriously as he could have. An All-Time Great, but will more than likely never reach his full potential unless he drastically changes the way he's doing things, which is sad.

I dont get that. He only has 5 loses and over 30 fights. Thats not taking fighting seriously? He just went through a bad stint in his career. Gomi will get back up to the top. I have no doubt in my mind about it.

Move BRICKS™
03-28-2009, 12:41 PM
I dont get that. He only has 5 loses and over 30 fights. Thats not taking fighting seriously? He just went through a bad stint in his career. Gomi will get back up to the top. I have no doubt in my mind about it.

His losses are solely because of training.