View Full Version : UFC Rankings - all weights and the next fights?????

teamwork7
03-26-2009, 10:02 AM
I have compiled a list of the UFC Rankings based on my opinion and the fights that should be applied next. I have done all divisions and the top five in each division with the fighters who are close underneath. n

Heavy Weights

1) Frank Mir ***8211; Better than Brock technically.
2) Brock Lesnar - Behind the only man who can beat him.
3) Shane Carwin - Next in Line for the title.
4) Randy Cotoure ***8211; Still hanging on but depends on the result with the Nogueira fight.
5) Minotauro Nogueira - Same as above
------- Cheick Congo ***8211; Slowly but surely making his way up the rankings, could be up to fourth if Nogueria and Randy retire.

How I see it ***8211; The winner of Lesnar V Mir will be the undisputed king of the Heavyweights; I expect the winner will be awarded a fight against Shane Carwin.

Light Heavyweights

1) Rashad Evans
2) Quinton Jackson
3) Lyoto Machida
4) Forest Griffin
5) Rich Franklin
----Chuck Liddell, Shogun Rua, Wanderlei Silva, Thiago Silva, Keith Jardine

I think Lyoto will beat Rashad, the winner will face Jackson, of which Jackson will win, and then I think we are going to have to see Griffin against Shogun and Franklin against Liddell to decide which of those two will get the title shot. Hamil is no where near the title I am afraid and will never be.

MiddleWeight

1) Anderson Silva
2) Damien Maia
3) Dan Henderson
4) Nate Marquardt
5) Michael Bisping
------Thales Leites, Yushin Okami and Rousimar Palhares

I think once Silva has disposed of Thales ( for the life of me I can not see him beating Anderson, or anyone above him for that matter, I think Maia should face Marquardt and the winner face Silva, and then Henderson v Bisping winner face the champion. I also expect Palhares to be in contention within the next year. So perhaps the loser of potentially Maia v Silva face Palhares to get a title shot.

Welterweight

1) Georges St.Pierre
2) Thiago Alves
3) Jon Fitch
4) Mike Swick
5) Matt Hughes
----- Serra, Davies, Parisian, Hardy, Koscheck,

To be honest the winner of GSP v Alves will probably have to rematch, because I can not see any of the fighters below them beating them. Which means if St Pierre is victorious I think he will have to move up a weight division, because he will have cleaned up his division, beat the Lightweight champion to boot, so Middleweight beckons.

Light Weight

1) BJ Penn
2) Kenny Florian
3) Sean Sherk
4) Diego Sanchez
5) Tyson Griffin
------ Guida, Diaz, Stevenson, Edgar, Junnie Browning

In my eyes one of the weakest divisions in the UFC it does not help the fact that Light heavy and Middle is so exiting, added to the fact that Heurta had retired for acting, hopefully he will be back. Also on the Light weight scene, I think if Junnie Browning wins his debut fight on Wednesday ( April Fools day) then I think he only has to beat Sanchez, and then by that point I think Florian will be the champion, so Browning to fight BJ and then the title.

UFC POUND FOR POUND

1) Anderson Silva - Champion
2) Georges St Pierre - Champion
3) Frank Mir - Champion
4) Damien Maia
5) Lyoto Machida
6) Kenny Florian
7) Quinton Jackson
8) BJ Penn - Champion
9) Matt Hughes
10) Thiago Alves