View Full Version : Rumble On The Rock 5 Cabbage vs. Vladimir Matyushenko

Curly Howard
04-13-2004, 10:09 AM
http://www.globalmma.com/Curly/fighters/ROTR.jpg (http://www.rumbleontherock.net/)

On Friday May 7th Prodigy Productions has put together a world class card happening in one of our nation's premier Mixed Martial Arts (MMA) events, Rumble On The Rock. Top Hawaii fighters along with five (5) of the UFC's best veterans will meet at the Neal Blaisdell Arena in Honolulu, HI. The show features world class athletes in what is going to be an intense night of Mixed Martial Arts action.

This will be the sixth (6th) installment for Rumble On The Rock and the second time ROTR has made it to Honolulu, HI

At this time we are proud to announce:
Main event
Wesley "Cabbage" Correira (20 wins - 5 losses) BJ Penn's MMA Team
VS
Vladimir Matyushenko "The Janitor" (12 wins - 3 losses) Raw Team

One other exciting fight on the card:

Ross "Da Boss" Ebanez (5 wins - 1 loss) BJ Penn's MMA Team
VS
Steve "Red Nose" Berger (15 wins - 10 losses - 1 draw) Rodrigo Vaghi Jiu-Jitsu

Rumble On The Rock is a world class Mixed Martial Arts event that originated in Hilo, HI with their first show on Dec 28, 2002. In less then one (1) year Rumble On The Rock reached true world class scale featuring such epic battles as Charuto Verisimo (#4 welterweight in the world) Vs. Gill Castillo (#8 ranked welterweight) and Lightweight World title fight between BJ Penn (UFC welterweight champion) Vs. Takanori Gomi (Japans #1 lightweight and #2 in the world), with a production that rivals the top shows in the world.. With our current card featuring many top ranked fighters from around the world you can see that Rumble On The Rock is here to stay.

Curly Howard
04-13-2004, 10:10 AM
If you listened to MMAWeekly Radio yesterday, then you heard the news. Matt Lindland has a very busy summer ahead. Lindland has accpeted an invite to fight for the Rumble on the Rock promotion coming up on May 7th.

His opponent? Another UFC veteran in Tony Fryklund. Fryklund has been waiting for a long time to get a big fight. His last 'big" fight was against David Loiseau in Canada. This is a huge fight for both fighters. If Fryklund wins, he puts himself back in the mix defeating the #1 fighter in the world at 185. If Lindland wins, then that sets up a fight in August at UFC 49 against Cesar Gracie prodigy David Terrell.

Also on the Rumble on the Rock card is of course Cabbage vs Vladimir Matyushkno. You can check out the press release below, but some other names believed on the card are Steve Berger, Thomas Denny, Royden Demotta, Ronald Jhun and more fighters to be announced very soon.

Fallout
04-13-2004, 11:24 AM
Frklund is in trouble. I wouldn't want to fight a mad Matt Lindland

mmafanman
04-13-2004, 12:48 PM
Lindland should be able to handle Freakland. It would be interesting to see if Matyushenko can take Cabbage to the ground. I really don't see him standing with Cabbage at all.

DOGGx0
04-13-2004, 02:09 PM
i'm pullin for Cabbage and Lindland.

Lei Tong
04-13-2004, 02:14 PM
Vladimir will make Cabbage look foolish for a bit, but then screw up and end up trying that double overhook suplex that's worked only once, getting himself mounted, and G&P'ed into oblivion.

Bluecifer
04-13-2004, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by DOGGx0
i'm pullin for Cabbage and Lindland.

sexz
04-14-2004, 03:47 AM
sorry to disappoint you guys but Cabbage is not fighting the janitor :)

Curly Howard
04-14-2004, 11:11 AM
Cabbage Correia was looking forward to fighting Vladimir Matyushenko on the Rumble on the Rock show. One problem. Vladdy is injured and he can't fight. So who will Cabbage's new opponent be? Try John Marsh.

If the name John Marsh sounds familiar. It should. Marsh was the man in Tank Abbott's corner who threw a water bottle at Cabbage that started an altercation that got down right ugly. Cabbage told MMAWeekly last night "He can't piss me off like that and not pay. I made his name. I gave him his 15 minutes. He will pay and I can't wait."

And what will be Cabbage's game plan. It might surprise some. Cabbage told us "It's time to show off my ground game skills. Everybody doesn't think I have skills on the ground. I will show everyone when I win this fight by submission."

Curly Howard
04-14-2004, 11:12 AM
Cabbage by KO

3 sec. 1st round

Fallout
04-14-2004, 02:48 PM
Good thing for Cabbage. He will beat Marsh and it will make him look great. The Janitor would of been a bad choice for a fight

Prince
04-14-2004, 03:21 PM
i think vladimir would have won as well

if i was cabbage i would have refused to fight marsh. i wouldn't let him get a pay check just for throwing a water bottle.

DOGGx0
04-14-2004, 04:19 PM
There is no knocking Cabbage out.