View Full Version : Pluhm (Thai clinch)

Palma
03-24-2009, 07:46 PM
Team Loco

I found this clip on K-1FansÖ itís in Nihongo but you donít need to understand Japanese to appreciate it though.<br style="display:none" gauntlet_tokenizer_reserved=""/>
<br />
<br />Iím not sure who the Japanese grappler is but I imagine heís probably a damn good grappler.<br style="display:none" gauntlet_tokenizer_reserved=""/> Just goes to show, how different clinch aka pluhm work is different to grappling
<br />
<br /><object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" height="344" width="425">
<param name="allowScriptAccess" value="never" />
<param name="allowNetworking" value="internal" />
<param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/cuoOd2Whz2k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" />
<param name="wmode" value="transparent" />
<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowScriptAccess="never" allowNetworking="internal" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cuoOd2Whz2k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" height="344" width="425" wmode="transparent" />
</object>
<br />
<br />To me clinch work is the true measure of Muay Thai prowess. I canít tell you how many times Iíll get thrown to the floor by thai guys weighing 140 lbs and less, itís pathetic sometimes.<br style="display:none" gauntlet_tokenizer_reserved=""/>
<br />
<br />The trainer at 96 Penang, said on video that youíd need a steady diet of about 5 years of clinch training to get good.<br style="display:none" gauntlet_tokenizer_reserved=""/> 5 years!?, ****, good luck if u havent began!
<br />
<br />Itís impressive to see how easily the trainers at 96 penang toss him like a rag doll.<br style="display:none" gauntlet_tokenizer_reserved=""/> Then to pluhm with Lamsongkram? oooouuuuuiiiiii!

We want Floyd
03-25-2009, 05:57 PM
Team Loco

I found this clip on K-1FansÖ itís in Nihongo but you donít need to understand Japanese to appreciate it though.

Iím not sure who the Japanese grappler is but I imagine heís probably a damn good grappler.
Just goes to show, how different clinch aka pluhm work is different to grappling

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="425" height="344">

<embed type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="never" allownetworking="internal" src="http://www.youtube.com/v/cuoOd2Whz2k&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="344">
</object>

To me clinch work is the true measure of Muay Thai prowess. I canít tell you how many times Iíll get thrown to the floor by thai guys weighing 140 lbs and less, itís pathetic sometimes.

The trainer at 96 Penang, said on video that youíd need a steady diet of about 5 years of clinch training to get good.
5 years!?, ****, good luck if u havent began!

Itís impressive to see how easily the trainers at 96 penang toss him like a rag doll.
Then to pluhm with Lamsongkram? oooouuuuuiiiiii!I totally agree. Clinching is a whole new monster for those who have never experienced it. I've only competed once w/ full Muay Thai rules, but the guy I fought was a total dud, so I didn't even get to use any type of clinching in a real bout. I use to hate clinch workouts, but I love 'em now.