View Full Version : 12 days till my fight

VulgarTheClown
04-05-2004, 08:13 PM
and i will be keeping a log on here of everything I do and eat (to the best of my ability)

4/5/04

3am - 1/2 cup oatmeal
1/4 cup bran
1 banana w/ cinnamon and equal

8am - 1 slice wheat toast w/ egg beaters

10am - egg beaters mixed with regular egg
1/3 cup oatmeal w/ cinn

11am - MUAY THAI!!
Training was hard, i had Coach in my ear and I had Howard in my ear, Howard is our boxing coach he is AMAZING and i enjoy every second of working with him, he is a consumate professional who knows what to say and do at all moments of training.

I work shadow boxing and drilling with Thiago "Pitbull" Alves and did 4 rounds on the bag

1pm - myoplex low carb shake

3:15pm - 2 chicken breast & sugar snap peas

5pm - day 1 of week 3 of bursting (endurance) program (http://www.straightblastgym.com/endurance.html#endurance)

7:45pm - salad: Spinach, cucumber, green peppers, broccoli, turkey breast, olive oil w/ garlic and basil and a small ammount of shake cheese (for flavor)

Weight (4:30pm) - 209lbs

Zen
04-05-2004, 11:24 PM
Good luck!!! What weight are you fighting at?

DOGGx0
04-06-2004, 12:18 AM
this is some good ****! what weight are you fighting at? who are you fighting? whats the name of the event? details brotha! you forgot that **** son.

and oh!!! congrats! i wish you the best of luck.

Kempo Chris
04-06-2004, 08:14 AM
go ben

VulgarTheClown
04-06-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by DOGGx0
this is some good ****! what weight are you fighting at? who are you fighting? whats the name of the event? details brotha! you forgot that **** son.

and oh!!! congrats! i wish you the best of luck.

fighting at 205lbs
i'm fighting a kid named Adrian, he is a wrestler from 190 commin up to 200
the event i'm told is "battle in the dome"

VulgarTheClown
04-06-2004, 11:42 AM
4/6/04

4am - banana (running out of shakes and am saving them for
post workout)

7am - 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 big spoonfulls of Natty PB
- 1 banana
- cinnamon
- equal

9am - Muay Thai - pre workout weight 209
- 2 rounds jump rope
- 3 rounds shadow box
- 4 rounds bag (I spent 2 rounds (1 for each leg)
throwing only kicks to work on propper form and
land more on the shin instead of the foot)
- 50 fast kicks for my right leg (my left foot is hurt)
- 100 knees

10am - myoplex (low carb) shake
post workout/shake weight 208.4

1pm - salad: spinach, cucumber, green pepper, broccoli, olive oil w/ garlic and basil and a dash of shake cheese
- Turkey sandwich - whole wheet bread, turkey, lettuce, green pepper, oil , vineger, oregano

5pm - stretching/yoga

6pm - salad: spinach, cucumber, green pepper, broccoli, turkey breast, olive oil w/ garlic and basil and a dash of shake cheese
- Turkey sandwich - whole wheet bread, turkey, lettuce, green pepper, oil , vineger, oregano

10pm - myoplex (low carb) shake w/ ice and banana

NHBfan4life
04-07-2004, 01:20 AM
Sweet, good luck!!

VulgarTheClown
04-07-2004, 11:32 AM
pre workout weight 207.0

7am - 1/2 cup oatmeal
- 2 big spoonfulls of natty PB
- 1 banana
- equal & cinnamon

9am - plyometric circuits - 9 stations 30 seconds each 4 times
stations:
- bench press 35lbs/45lbs/55lbs/55lbs
- rows - 20lbs/25lbs/35lbs/35lbs
- fly's - 15lbs/15lbs/15lbs/15lbs
- weighted squats - 55lbs/55lbs/55lbs/55lbs
- medicine ball on a rope slamming side to side - 3kg
- pushups on small medicine ball
- another weighted exercise i dunno the name of (grab dumbell with both hands get in squat position and pull wieght to check with just arms) 45lbs/55lbs/55lbs/55lbs
- shoulder press - 15lbs/15lbs/20lbs/20lbs
- jump in place

post workout weight 206.2

10:20am - myoplex (low carb) shake

11am - I was supposed to do Muay Thai but as of now my body is very soar from the circuits and so was my MT trainers so i think i will put it off till this afternoon.

1pm - salad & Sandwich (the usual)

pre workout - 206.6

5pm - Airdyne program

post workout - 205.4

6pm - DUN DUN DUN!!! I had to miss trainin because of my grandmothers birthday. Not a big deal but what SUCKS is that GRAMA likes to FORCE FEED HER GRANDCHILDREN ****ING JUNK FOOD!.

VulgarTheClown
04-08-2004, 12:22 PM
4/8/04

pre workout weight 207.4 (blame grama's last night)

7am - oatmeal

10am - Boxing
- 4 rnds shadow box
- 3 rnds mits
- 3 rnds bag (constant motion no breaks)

11am - myoplex (low carb) shake

post workout/shake weight 207.2

1pm - salad : (veggies only)
- sandwich

3:30pm - salad: spinach, cucumber, green pepper, broccoli, olive oil, turkey and a dash of shake cheese

6pm-9pm - Muay Thai
We did all sorts of **** today
- shadow boxing with 5-15lbs weights
- bock/kick drills
- light spar
- knee spar
- 4 punch to 4 knee break clinch 1,2 dill thing

man i didn't feel a bit tired at all today. thats good.
I wasn't agressive at all sparring. thats bad.
I am frustrated about this ****. thats bad.
I get attitude with my trainer. thats bad.
he finaly says something back to me about it. thats bad.

I find that if i talk to myself for a min before i get in the ring it helps but still i do not want to hit my friends that i train with, especially without head protection.

i don't mind light spar BUT i do not attack durring light spar. durring NHB spar i do OK cause i attack. i cannot seem to get myself as agressive in light spar.

mabye its cause i get yelled at when i get agressive cause i'm "using my size to much" thats such ****! what am i supposed to do? i get yelled at when i don;t attack and yelled at when i do. so i'm ****ed either way.

it very agrivating!

9:30pm -sandwich (but in a wrap instead of wheat bread)
- 2 burger patties

VulgarTheClown
04-09-2004, 08:05 PM
4/9/04

7am - oatmeal

weight - 207.6
9am - Weight training for strength

Incline Bench imediately followed by incline fly's - 35lbs-20lbs/45lbs--30lbs/55lbs-35lbs/55lbs-35lbs (due to an old shoulder injury i had extreme trouble with the last 2 sets of fly's)

flat bench followed by flat fly's - 55lbs-30lbs/55lbs-30lbs/60lbs-35lbs/60lbs-35lbs/65lbs-30lbs (I needed a spot for the last 3 sets and for the last i couldn't do more than due due to my shoulder.)

standing fly's - 3 sets of 8 - 25lbs, 8 - 20lbs, 8 - 15lbs, 8 - 10lbs

11am - Muay Thai

4 rounds light contact sparring
4 rounds drilling
3 rounds drillig on bag

I felt slugish and not on point. throughout the day after this i was getting really down and not feeling driven to train hard or to compete.

weight 207

1:45pm - sadwich, salad, 1 burger patty

weight 207.2

4pm - Airdyne program
I felt AMAZING after this. i went through th entire session and felt GREAT. I was hardly winded and barely soar after. I felt reinvented and confident. I was goin to do more bag work but was told to rest.

Moday I will start the bursting program on the bag instead of on the airdyne to get my wind ready even more so for my fight.

weight 206.4

7:30pm - salad
- sandwich

VulgarTheClown
04-10-2004, 02:22 PM
4-10-04

8am - oatmeal

weight 206.2

11am - Muay Thai / Boxing

- 3 rounds boxing (hitting 50%) (i represented and kept that **** tight. I out jabbed, left hooked to **** and got him "drunk" a fet times. he got me drunk twice.)
- 1 more round boxing (i threw a left hook at the same time as the other guy and he hit me in the forearm. my hand has been numb ever since and my shoulder hurts a bit. no more hand work for the rest of the day)

- leg spar a bunch of rounds. do it kinda slow mo with very light contact to get the movements right

- 120 block & counter kicks on the bag (60 each leg)
- calisthenics

weight 205

1:45pm - (since i'm at weight and still got a week till the fight i decided to slurge a bit)

- biscuits and gravy
- salad
- sandwich

(i'm still eatting right now and i prolly won't finish it all)

VulgarTheClown
04-12-2004, 01:59 PM
4-12-04

Man fucin weekend. i'm 209 right now.

I worked this mornin and then went to the gym. WHY!? I dunno cause i'm ****in stupid.

I went to work at 5am. WHY THE **** WOULD I GO TO THE GYM AFTER THAT?!!?!?! I went in to do some cardio and bag work. but NO. some people don't wanna listen.

They want me to drill with another guy. No Prob i can handle drilling. THE DRILL IS REALLY ****IN SIMPLE Man 1 jab man 2 parry and leg kick. so i jab for 4 rounds and the ****ers is kickin me and i'm told GET THIS "don't block its just light contact" granted it wasn't hard contact but it sure wasn't light.

so when its my turn, it just supposed ot be jab and leg kick like before. BUT NO this asshat wants to throw a 1,2 leg kick with an elbow and a hook. THIS IS A DRILL NOT A ****IN SPARRING MATCH ASS HOLE!

Now i'm ****in tired. I've been up for over 6 hours already. and i'm empty inside. not to mention someon i do not like was in my ****in ear for a while prior to this.

so i'm all ****ed anyway. and this ******* is tryin to tee off the **** on my face in a ****in drill. and all i'm being told is "Ben, stay light, hold back, go to the left, kick left, keep moving. blah blah blah" now i cannot kick left for the last 2 weeks cause of an injury in my left foot. the coach KNOWS THIS and is still ****ing goin out of his ****in gord!

why don't people pay attention. why is it that the guy fighting in 5 days is taking 2nd place to a guy who won't fight for another couple months?

why the **** do i do this ****? there is no reason for me to get so pissed of fwith these ****ers. these *******s know i came in straight from work and verbally stated "i don't want to do this" so why now AFTER these drills do they get us in the ring and tel lthe other guy that WEARE ****IN SPARRING!

I DON"T EVEN HAVE A MOUTH PIECE IN! WHY??? CUASE WE ****IN DRILLING DRILLING NOT ****IN SPARRING

so now i got this **** face walkin around like he is hot **** thinkin he bested me while he didn't get an 1/8th of me even warming up

I have no interest in anyone around me.
I don;t want to talk to people near me
I don;t feel like trainin
I don't want to see anyone
i'm sick and tired.
i'm ****in flaming mad
i'm really really agitated
i can feel my blood pressure goin up
i really really really unhappy with 90% of my existance at the moment

i'm gonan og shove somethign sharp in a part of my body that bleeds

GeNeRaL
04-15-2004, 01:59 PM
dying to see how you;ve come along from 209 in the last few days bro. stick to the updates, this is one of my favorite threads on this site ever. :)

VulgarTheClown
04-15-2004, 09:48 PM
4/15/04

weight 205.4

Boxing

defense drilling
bag work

weight 205.2

meals (don't remember)

Muay Thai

light spar and brst drills

weight 203