View Full Version : Anderson Silva is one of my favorites but....

ABOSWORTH
03-12-2009, 02:59 PM
He needs to move up to LHW or secure a fight with GSP if he plans to stay at MW. He has wiped out the MW division and there aren't many great opponents for him to fight now. A GSP fight would be great! Another battle of p4p elite. He plans on retiring soon so IMO, he should make his last few fights really count. I would love to see him fight Jackson or Rashad. I've heard that he will not fight Machida because they train together and are close friends. I wouldn't mind seeing a Hendo rematch (he's one of my favorites as well) but I don't see the fight ending much differently. If he could nab a belt at LHW, he might just go down as the best UFC fighter of all time.

What do you guys think he should do?

Golden Boy 360
03-12-2009, 03:49 PM
fight better opponents...........to do this move up to 205 and have great matches there.......

ABOSWORTH
03-12-2009, 04:32 PM
fight better opponents...........to do this move up to 205 and have great matches there.......

So you pretty much agree that there aren't many more fights he can milk at 185..

Blair_Wells#32
03-12-2009, 05:11 PM
fight cung le an robbie lawler but sadly both are in strikeforce, yea no money fights for him at 185, but i would like 2 see him fight wanderlei if he can string 2gether a few MW wins, and Bisping so his fans can get off his nuts about being able 2 beat Anderson Silva.

StillUnknown
03-12-2009, 05:49 PM
i want to see him fight Maia. i doubt he spends too much time at LHW since Machida is positioned to get the title.

now if Machida were to lose.......

JabSandwich
03-13-2009, 06:26 AM
fight cung le an robbie lawler but sadly both are in strikeforce, yea no money fights for him at 185, but i would like 2 see him fight wanderlei if he can string 2gether a few MW wins, and Bisping so his fans can get off his nuts about being able 2 beat Anderson Silva.

totally agree bout Bisping, i want him to get a shot jus so Silva can smash him. i'd like to see GSP move up to mw (obviously) for a fite and i'd also like to see him fite Marquardt again before he moves up to 205. tons of good matchups at 205...

something irrelevant, heard James Irvin is droppin down to mw, this true? if it is not sure how that juiced up donkey plans on makin 185

ABOSWORTH
03-13-2009, 12:30 PM
i want to see him fight Maia. i doubt he spends too much time at LHW since Machida is positioned to get the title.

now if Machida were to lose.......

I would love to see him fight Maia, that's probably the only good fight at MW for him to take.

Golden Boy 360
03-13-2009, 01:06 PM
So you pretty much agree that there aren't many more fights he can milk at 185..

yes i agree

Pork Chop
03-13-2009, 03:54 PM
i want to see a rematch between silva and yushin "thunder" okami.

NeXt In Line
03-15-2009, 01:55 AM
Well if he successfully defends his belt in his next fight, and if GSP beats Alves, the rumor is that GSP is moving up to 185 to fight Silva.

Sandwich
03-16-2009, 09:42 PM
He still needs to fight Demian Maia. :boxing:
I think eventually we'll see him get his fight with GSP.
After he fights Leites, he'll have 4 fights left on his contract I believe.

Naps
03-16-2009, 10:07 PM
He won't be fighting GSP any time soon. GSP is booked up for UFC 100, and there is no way Silva won't be on that card, against possibly the winner of Bisping Henderson. Not sure of timescales though, when doe The Ultimate Fighter start? Will there be time for the wimmer of Bisping Henderson to be on that card?

RisAri0
03-18-2009, 05:43 PM
I predict GSP vs. Silva will be made around the same time Pacquiao vs. Mayweather will be..

mmaphilippines
03-18-2009, 10:00 PM
fight Lyota Machida

jakkups
03-18-2009, 10:38 PM
fight Lyota Machida

Won't happen, training partners and best friends.