View Full Version : UFC 98: Rashad vs. Machida Pick a Winner

StillUnknown
03-11-2009, 10:22 PM
who do you think takes the fight?

Sandwich
03-11-2009, 11:08 PM
I've really been warming up to Rashad, in fact would like to see him win. But I don't think it's going to happen. Frankly, the only reason Machida isn't the champion is because he hasn't been given a title shot until now.

jakkups
03-12-2009, 02:42 AM
I called it right after the Thiago Silva fight, Machida=Next UFC LHW Champion.

Palma
03-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Machida's point fighting wins.

the traveler
03-12-2009, 08:11 AM
I've said a long time ago that Evans would be a very hard person to beat. This was in the middle of his TUF season. He hasn't lost since then, and right now, I can't see him losing to Machida.

Move BRICKS™
03-12-2009, 09:26 AM
My gut says: Machida via (T)KO.
My brain says: Machida via Decision.

I can't see Rashad being patient enough to fight Machida for 25 minutes. However, Lyoto will more than likely pepper him with jabs and keep him at bay. If Rashad steps in and starts committing to his punches, Lyoto will put him to sleep.

ABOSWORTH
03-12-2009, 11:26 AM
Machida will win comfortably. I was hoping to see Evans vs. Jackson first but Machida really deserves a title shot so I'm glad for him.

Golden Boy 360
03-12-2009, 11:37 AM
Sugar is going to catch him BAMMM!!!!!!

Blair_Wells#32
03-12-2009, 01:45 PM
Machida by boring 5 round decision, jab jab run jab weak leg kick run, for 5 rounds.
i'll be watchin this ppv for serra vs hughes at least those guys will try an finish each other.

TRAVI$
03-12-2009, 03:35 PM
Machida by boring 5 round decision, jab jab run jab weak leg kick run, for 5 rounds.

Just like the Silva fight, right?
Machida will be #1 at LHW, I'd fancy him against any of those sluggers, but would pick Anderson Silva to beat him.

F l i c k e r
03-12-2009, 03:45 PM
who do you think takes the fight?

Machida by Decision.

No one can or will beat Machida. Hit and run, you will always win.

TRAVI$
03-12-2009, 03:57 PM
My gut says: Machida via (T)KO.
My brain says: Machida via Decision.

I can't see Rashad being patient enough to fight Machida for 25 minutes. However, Lyoto will more than likely pepper him with jabs and keep him at bay. If Rashad steps in and starts committing to his punches, Lyoto will put him to sleep.

The same goes for the rest of the LHW division, pretty much
I would love to see Liddell get KTFO by Lyoto.

Blair_Wells#32
03-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Just like the Silva fight, right?
Machida will be #1 at LHW, I'd fancy him against any of those sluggers, but would pick Anderson Silva to beat him.
so because he finished one fight that means he'll automatically finish everyone from now on?

number6
03-12-2009, 06:20 PM
This could be a bad clash of styles. Machida gets my vote though.

I just see him picking Evans apart gradually.Maybe with some good kicks on display.
Evans had 2 good wins against Liddell and Griffin but they can both be sloppy in defence, Machida wont.

New Champ.

Savino
03-12-2009, 06:42 PM
I'm not gonna predict this one cos I can't but gonna be the most tactical fight in UFC in a long time.

JabSandwich
03-13-2009, 05:37 AM
i can understand why Machida takes a lot of heat but i still enjoy watching him fite, he's kinda like a poor man's Anderson Silva (difference being Silva will actually finish an opponent).

Machida wins within the distance. Rashad is gonna get impatient and chase him around and walk rite into something

StillUnknown
03-13-2009, 04:55 PM
my logic tells me that Machida should win this fight, but every time i've doubted Evans he's come up big.

i'm not sure who i'm picking in this fight

number6
03-13-2009, 05:08 PM
my logic tells me that Machida should win this fight, but every time i've doubted Evans he's come up big.

i'm not sure who i'm picking in this fight

Same thing happens with me, i dont rate him whatsoever but ive lost money on him in 3 fights, the only fight i thought he would win big was the Bisping fight and he won fair and square but looked ****.

Reckoning
03-14-2009, 09:41 PM
Machida By Decision, i think the fight might go just like machida vs tito but with machidas style i just dont know lol

jakkups
03-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Machida By Decision, i think the fight might go just like machida vs tito but with machidas style i just dont know lol

Thats what I'm thinking. Tito outmuscled Rashad in the fight up until 20 seconds before the end and IMO should've got the win. Machida threw Tito around like a little girl. Rashad's striking is improved but at the same time it's tailor made for Machida's sporadic bursts because it's so straightforward.

StillUnknown
05-16-2009, 12:13 PM
one week until the fight