View Full Version : Champions League Football Next 2 Days.

Rooney_MUFC
03-09-2009, 11:09 PM
Nice set of matches coming up in the next couple of days;

Heres my predictions for the games only, Probably wrong but what the hell;

(All My Picks In Bold)

Bayern V Sporting Lisbon

Juventus V Chelsea DRAW

Liverpool V Real Madrid DRAW

Panathanaikos V Villareal

Barcalona V Lyon

Man United V Inter Milan

Porto V Atheltico Madird DRAW

Roma V Arsenal

black.ink
03-10-2009, 07:02 AM
My predictions are the same as yours except Porto will beat Atletico and Roma/Arsenal will be a draw. Watch this space.

andrewcuff
03-10-2009, 09:18 AM
Come on Man Utd!

black.ink
03-10-2009, 02:34 PM
Come on Man Utd!

Man Utd? Oh your from Wales. It all makes sense now....

andrewcuff
03-10-2009, 04:30 PM
Man Utd? Oh your from Wales. It all makes sense now....

Original...you come up with that all by yourself?

My Dad was brough up by a Man Utd fan...I was brought up by a Man Utd fan.

USA4LIFE
03-10-2009, 06:07 PM
I had class at 330 today so I missed the first half of the madrid liverpool game, I came home and turned on the tv and wow what a ****ing surprise. I imagined liverpool would go through but not in this fashion. Premiership domination continues, I'm still picking Barcelona to go through even though there defense has looked atrocious recently.

Iamnotausername
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
4-0

madrid got raped

USA4LIFE
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
Madrid are getting Ronaldo in the summer I'm sure of it, this loss pretty much sealed it IMO.

Iamnotausername
03-10-2009, 06:35 PM
lol Bayern are beating sporting 7-1. They beat them by a ridiculous score away aswell.

Iamnotausername
03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
12-1 on aggregate :rofl:

USA4LIFE
03-10-2009, 06:39 PM
12-1 on aggregate :rofl:

That's not funny dude.......ok maybe a little but seriously at least sporting got an away goal.

USA4LIFE
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
The thing about this game is that Casillas actually played great, Liverpool could have won by a much bigger margin.

Iamnotausername
03-10-2009, 06:46 PM
That's not funny dude.......ok maybe a little but seriously at least sporting got an away goal.

lol I'll give them that. Still shocking over the two legs, I thought sporting had a bit more about them!

Madrids defeat was their heaviest in champions league football. Ramos isnt gonna become permanent. Wouldnt surprise me to see Wneger there next season I hope cos I absolutely despise Arsenal.

gunners
03-10-2009, 06:53 PM
Madrid got fvcking violated

USA4LIFE
03-10-2009, 06:57 PM
lol I'll give them that. Still shocking over the two legs, I thought sporting had a bit more about them!

Did you see that own goal by Sporting? It was the best own goal I have ever seen LMAO.

jollystomper
03-10-2009, 06:59 PM
english kicking ass yet again!!! only this time (differing from the 80`s) they wont find an excuse to kick us out!!
this reminds me of the early 80`s when NO-ONE! could compete with the mighty english!!!
im a rangers fan but i support every english team in europe(apart from when we beat leeds!)

Rooney_MUFC
03-10-2009, 07:25 PM
Hope Man United & Arsenal qualify tommorow..

Then all 4 teams get drew apart and win, **** an all english final..

Lets have an all english Semi-Final!

gunners
03-10-2009, 07:31 PM
Did you see that own goal by Sporting? It was the best own goal I have ever seen LMAO.

:lol1::lol1: it was a peach, reminded me of Di Canio's wonder goal

jollystomper
03-10-2009, 07:44 PM
last year the only teams to ko the english were other english teams!!!
barcelona are the only comp this year! but good to see the english back where we belong!!! (although i saw none of it! i was watching the cricket!!)

jollystomper
03-10-2009, 07:51 PM
if only the yanks could even comprehend the passion that "soccer" creates!!!
then maybe they wouldnt start weeping when their anthem is booed or might understand the odd "soccer" riot! its hardcore ****!! take no prisoners!!! bring it on!!!
its all in good violent fun!!!

Mersey
03-10-2009, 07:52 PM
Madrid were so bad tonight. I was expecting a tough game. I hope Liverpool take that form into the Man U game. Doubt it :(

Rooney_MUFC
03-10-2009, 07:59 PM
Madrid were so bad tonight. I was expecting a tough game. I hope Liverpool take that form into the Man U game. Doubt it :(

Liverpool rob their fans, manager, board & football fans as a whole..

Draw With Stoke
Draw 2 With Everton @ Home
Draw With Wigan
Then Beat Chelsea
Lose To Everton
Fluke A Win Against Portsmouth
Draw With Man City @ Home (One Of The Poorest Away Sides In The League)
Then Beat Madrid Away
Then Go On To Get Beat By Boro, Who Hadn't score a goal in so many hours.

They'll probably beat United this weekend then get beat by Fulham lol

Why up your game against the big clubs and rob the fans, Its stupid to me.

Mersey
03-10-2009, 08:04 PM
Liverpool are a frustratin team to support lol

Rooney_MUFC
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
Liverpool are a frustratin team to support lol

Yeah, Its funny for me being a Manc fan.

And its funny how the scousers were saying Chelsea are out the title race this time last month when they were closer than they are now, Theyre above Liverpool, Yet Liverpool are supposidly still gonna win it lol

Its hillarious, I love it!

Out of interested, How many points has Rafa picked up in the league since he had his little rant about Fergie?

andrewcuff
03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Madrid are getting Ronaldo in the summer I'm sure of it, this loss pretty much sealed it IMO.

Yep, getting knocked out of the Champions League against Liverpool in the 2nd round without scoring a goal is exactly what Ronaldo is looking for.

Rooney_MUFC
03-10-2009, 08:40 PM
Yep, getting knocked out of the Champions League against Liverpool in the 2nd round without scoring a goal is exactly what Ronaldo is looking for.

Ronaldo wont be going anywhere,

The current United team is the best side Fergie has ever had, There is more to come, As unbeliveable as it may sound...

How can we beat being European Champions & World Champions..

Yes, you heard it, One day we will be best in the universe when we beat the marshians
:boxing::boxing:

andrewcuff
03-10-2009, 10:20 PM
Ronaldo wont be going anywhere,

The current United team is the best side Fergie has ever had, There is more to come, As unbeliveable as it may sound...

How can we beat being European Champions & World Champions..

Yes, you heard it, One day we will be best in the universe when we beat the marshians
:boxing::boxing:

Yeah I'll co-sign that. The depth in the squad is fantastic this season. It seems Fergie can rotate players (especially the midfield) every single week without upsetting the balance of the team. He's definately built another amazing team the last few years.

siablo14
03-10-2009, 11:11 PM
Arsenal all the way.

TRAVI$
03-11-2009, 10:11 AM
Real Madrid are nothing but a name anymore
That game was the final nail in the coffin.

Rooney_MUFC
03-11-2009, 11:32 AM
Real Madrid are nothing but a name anymore
That game was the final nail in the coffin.

They were a joke eh, Boro would beat them lot aswell!

TRAVI$
03-11-2009, 11:34 AM
Casillas is unreal, though.

Rooney_MUFC
03-11-2009, 11:35 AM

A bit like Given when he was at Scum, Bet hes glad he got out of that dive now, He doesnt have to worry about playing in the Championship next season.. Or does he :p

Addition
03-11-2009, 12:08 PM

Casillas is by far the best keeper in the world.

TRAVI$
03-11-2009, 12:14 PM
Casillas is by far the best keeper in the world.

Definitely, it's crazy that he's only 27
I remember him getting carried around the pitch, I think at the beginning of this season after making the most ridiculous saves for 90 minutes.

MickyHatton
03-11-2009, 01:19 PM
Liverpool rob their fans, manager, board & football fans as a whole..

Draw With Stoke
Draw 2 With Everton @ Home
Draw With Wigan
Then Beat Chelsea
Lose To Everton
Fluke A Win Against Portsmouth
Draw With Man City @ Home (One Of The Poorest Away Sides In The League)
Then Beat Madrid Away
Then Go On To Get Beat By Boro, Who Hadn't score a goal in so many hours.

They'll probably beat United this weekend then get beat by Fulham lol

Why up your game against the big clubs and rob the fans, Its stupid to me.

There is some sense here. There are no real excuses for why Liverpool behave the way they do but what is obvious is that certain key points once again have affected this season.

1. The back room turmoil between Benitez, Parry and the two owners - this has been going on for 18 months and has to affect the club.
2. The signing of Robbie Keane then the re-sale of same player - Keane was number two on Benitez's list as he had Barry as his number one target yet Parry spent the bulk of the transfer money getting Keane. This upset Benitez and almost out of spite Keane was sold back to Spurs but without a replacement coming in. Terrible management both from Benitez and the club.
3. Injuries to Torres and Gerrard. Torres has scored 10 goals this season in about 18-20 games, last season he had 25 at this stage. Split the difference and he may have added another 7 or 8 goals to the squad which may have meant wins out of many of the draws.
4. Squad - Liverpool do not have the squad to compete with Manchester United and that is just fact - Many will state that Benitez has spent 108 million in 6 years however he has recouped back 88 million of that money therefore he has to sell to buy with a net spend of approx 20 million. The squad is better but we cannot compete with a Man U or a Chelsea in this department.

There are positives to take from the season, two league losses so far and wins against Man U and Chelsea twice plus being in joint 2nd with ten games to go. Its frustrating but its progression.
IF Liverpool manage to beat United on Saturday then its back on but United are obviously clear favourites as they have the squad, experience and are looking fantastic.

If we keep Torres and Gerrard fit then Liverpool should have strong finish to the season.

Rooney_MUFC
03-11-2009, 01:53 PM
Didn't have time to put a Cheltenham bet on today so gonna have a flutter on the football tonight;

Who do you guys think, (90 Mins Only)

Barca V Lyon
Porto V At Madrid
Man Utd V Inter
Roma V Arsenal

Chesterfield V Grimsby
Burnley V Crystal Palace
Tranmere V Leicester
Fulham V Blackburn

Which ones do you think really stick out folk?

Tuggers1986
03-11-2009, 02:41 PM
Didn't have time to put a Cheltenham bet on today so gonna have a flutter on the football tonight;

Who do you guys think, (90 Mins Only)

Barca V Lyon - BARCA
Porto V At Madrid - DRAW
Man Utd V Inter - UNITED
Roma V Arsenal - ROMA

Chesterfield V Grimsby - CHESTERFIELD
Burnley V Crystal Palace - BURNLEY
Tranmere V Leicester - LEICESTER
Fulham V Blackburn - DRAW

Which ones do you think really stick out folk?

I think United, Barca and Chesterfield should win tonight. Add Leicester on to them for a decent 4fold and then Burnly aswell for a greedy 5fold.

???
03-11-2009, 03:41 PM
4 of the 8 teams playing in the quarters finals could be from the EPL.

I reckon Barca could win it this year.

Rooney_MUFC
03-11-2009, 03:45 PM
Ive backed a tenner on

Barca, Porto, Man Utd, Arsenal, Chesterfield, Leicester and Blackburn

Returns 1,600

And also a tenner on

Chesterfield Half time/Full time
Draw/Burnley
Draw/ Blackburn
Barcalona just to be winning at HT
Porto just to be winning HT

That returns 5,000

a hopeful bet, but, COME ON THE LADS!!

gunners
03-11-2009, 07:45 PM
get the fcuk in!!!!!!!!!!!!

USA4LIFE
03-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Barcelona look ****ing magical right now, what a goal by Messi.

USA4LIFE
03-11-2009, 07:53 PM
This is the way football should be played, unbelievable. I am of course watching this game on replay.

Naps
03-11-2009, 08:10 PM
Once again it looks like the premier league are going to dominate the Champions league this year.

I'll bet anyone here that an English team lifts the trophy.....

USA4LIFE
03-11-2009, 08:25 PM
Once again it looks like the premier league are going to dominate the Champions league this year.

Well it's kinda a safe bet seeing as how there's still 4 premier league teams left. Anybody against Barcelona is gonna be quite a game, great for the neutrals out there.

Naps
03-11-2009, 08:29 PM
Well it's kinda a safe bet seeing as how there's still 4 premier league teams left. Anybody against Barcelona is gonna be quite a game, great for the neutrals out there.

How about my 5k on Man utd vs your 5k on Barca?

Just a little something to make it more interesting...

Rooney_MUFC
03-11-2009, 08:31 PM
What times the draw tommrrow? UK Time?

USA4LIFE
03-11-2009, 08:55 PM
How about my 5k on Man utd vs your 5k on Barca?

Just a little something to make it more interesting...

Why the hell not, 5k ain't bad, sig it up my friend and best of luck to you.

siablo14
03-11-2009, 10:10 PM
Arsenal won, I hope we face off with Barcelona next to see what our chances really are, I still have a lot of respect for Henry because he made me and Arsenal fan but Arsenal is my team so I sticking with them and if Arsenal drops out the next round then I want a team that has not won before to win the cup.

Rooney_MUFC
03-12-2009, 12:07 AM
Booking my hotel and flight to Rome on Monday, 245 Pounds For 2 Nights & Flight!

Just waiting on who we get tommorow :)

I can see us beating ANY of the teams left!

Naps
03-12-2009, 01:37 AM
Why the hell not, 5k ain't bad, sig it up my friend and best of luck to you.

Done. Good luck.

AztecWanker
03-12-2009, 01:58 AM

Who knows? Liverpool looked pretty damn beastly against Real Madrid.

Rooney_MUFC
03-12-2009, 02:33 AM
I think its hillarious how this time last year when Liverpool played Inter, Inter were labelled "The Best Team In Europe" by those dillusional fans.

Now its near enough the same with Real Madrid, Haha, Well see how good Luckypool are on Saturday.

MickyHatton
03-12-2009, 05:25 AM
I think its hillarious how this time last year when Liverpool played Inter, Inter were labelled "The Best Team In Europe" by those dillusional fans.

Now its near enough the same with Real Madrid, Haha, Well see how good Luckypool are on Saturday.

Tubes,

You can say the same most seasons. In the last 5 years Liverpool have beaten AC Milan, Juventus, Chelsea, Arsenal, Real Madrid, Inter Milan and Real Madrid and many others, we are different team in Europe.

Show me a side with a better Champions League record in the last five years.

1 Win
1 Runners Up
1 Semi
Another quarter this year so far.

Then we cannot beat the likes of Stoke at home???

'Luckypool' lol. But for the width of the post twice last night your lot would be out mate. We beat Madrid by 5, not sure how that is lucky pal?

Addition
03-12-2009, 06:10 AM
I pray, Arsenal, Man Utd and Barca avoid eachother until the finals. That's if either team makes it that far. Can't be having a Liverpool/Chelsea final.

Tuggers1986
03-12-2009, 08:45 AM
Barca V Lyon - BARCA
Porto V At Madrid - DRAW
Man Utd V Inter - UNITED
Roma V Arsenal - ROMA

6/8 correct predictions from me ;)

black.ink
03-12-2009, 09:20 AM
Barca V Lyon - BARCA
Porto V At Madrid - DRAW
Man Utd V Inter - UNITED
Roma V Arsenal - ROMA

6/8 correct predictions from me ;)

Burnley absolute ran riot in them last 10 minutes.

Mersey
03-12-2009, 09:59 AM
We'll win it 6 tiiiiiiiiimes. :)